Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - October 27, 2011

124»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Still no fix to the borg groung equipment. It would be nice if they remodulated like is says for both sets and really nice if the elite wepon would just shoot. if it is a art problem just take the art from another weapon for the time being. Its not rocket science.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    lechouy wrote: »
    i do understand that changes about dilithium in crafting takes time, but a response on thoses matters SHOULD be in a post by dev team. With not any evocation of it , we do have right to get upset.
    So please, even if you not abble to restore things or changes things : you ask our advices, we did react acordingly to your querriers. now we need a reaction from you !

(excuse my english but i'm not an english speaking player )

Well here is the thing . Everything that is going on tribble is a test for Holodeck . What we are doing now is getting it ready for the main sever .. I could understand if it where holodeck , but it's not . getting on the devs at this point is a hindrance . Let them do their thing to get the game up right so it can go live .. that is all ...
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Nice update. As ever, most updates are related with DOff system. Heretic is doing a really amazing work. Now, I'd like to ask: what is the status on updating the Dilithium economy? And the VA token? It's almost one weak since the last blog post, so what is being done for these and others issues that are receiveing a lor of criticism on the last month?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    First off I'm glad that the run animations for females have been changed to reflect the stances. Makes more sense. Now for the suggestions:

1) When running the female's head looks awkward from the side, like trying to do the funky chicken
    2) If possible can we be given the option to choose the run animation?

On the UI:

1) Can different symbols be attached to different uses on the pop-up use indicators? The two gears is a nice indicator but SO general.
    2) Having that above mentioned symbol floating above nothing on our bridges is a little weird...

Mission wise:
    1) When are the Diplomatic missions (Investigation, First Contact) going to be reworked and/or expanded with Exploration like missions?
    2) Would the addition of a "black market" be possible? Something where GPL is the more common currency and you can get unique goods that aren't anywhere else in the game would be a great addition. Perfect for a mission or two on DS9 or Drozana focused on the Black Market.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Ive been griping on here a lot lately, and i figure, if i am going to complain, then i need to offer up a solution, so here's my take on the crafting situation.

If there is no way we can convince the devs that dilithium has no place in crafting, then we need to go with a 'if you can't beat'em, join'em approach."

Devs, listen up! Crafting is useless if you have to work your butt off to get exactly ( or close to ) the same thing you can just buy anyway. PERIOD. So here's an idea: If you want to make high end items through crafting that are difficult to get, ,make new items that are WORTH IT. Make items that cannot be acquired ANY OTHER WAY. Make a whole new table of ultra high end items, that all have special names, or characteristics. We could have things like Phaser heavy Saturation Cannons, or Dual Tetryon Plasma Hybrid Beam Banks, or a Rapid Fire Quantum Torpedo. On the ground you could have things like Rapid Fire Sniper Rifles or overcharged Dual Pistols. WHATEVER. if i could rattle off a couple of ideas in 30 seconds, I'm sure you guys could do better with even a day. Give it consideration. Then remove the dilithium costs from all other crafting items, except this new high end category. I think that would be a win win for everyone.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Added "p'nus" to profanity filters. (c’mon guys)

Just a little hint that I would like to mention. Its easy to blame us for profanity when the Shipname "P'Nas" pops up when calling up the ship randomizer on the Kling Side ;)
    So maybe you should give it a little revamp and check those names that actually Cryptic is suggesting ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I actually can't help but feel that the current state of the boarding party is really ... sub-par as a hangar item. It was nice before because I could choose to sometimes throw out the boarding party, while also having a couple of fighters out and about to assist in my DPSing. I'm still doing less damage by way of less-fighters than a 'proper' carrier, and even the 'better' turn rate doesn't compensate out this fact.

I liked the versatility of having the Marauder Force plus the option of a fighter squadron of my choice, because it gave the illusion of being more versatile (even if the Marauder Forces usually didn't have that strong an impact by themselves).

I think maybe just increasing the cooldown slightly and putting it back as a console might be the direction to go.

Argh, yeah, I should have kept my mouth shut, too. I only raised the point because as a console, it was put into the hangar, and caused problems. Now it means my flying piggy is near useless. I won't be using the marauders, because they are worthless in end game, especially in the STFs, so I got a ship with no extra console slot (since it's a hangar item) and a useless console :\ Thanks for nerfing another KDF ship *sigh*
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    • Resolved and issue with the flashlight in “What Lies Beneath” so you can sprint and roll while it is active.
    Well, that's the annoying one. How about the one that actually affects something. Namely, BOffs dropping through the floor if any of them drop down into the pit to kill the spiders?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    bradshire wrote: »
    Well here is the thing . Everything that is going on tribble is a test for Holodeck . What we are doing now is getting it ready for the main sever .. I could understand if it where holodeck , but it's not . getting on the devs at this point is a hindrance . Let them do their thing to get the game up right so it can go live .. that is all ...

letting do their things yes . but anyhow they should react to the posts. is a dev post is long to write ? no they prefere adding "pets" .
    sorry buddy but as customers we need information : and since dilithium ... they didn't show us any reaction on our querries.
    in a test, you listen to,the testguys. if not, what is the point of a public test.
    what we want/need is a post that say "we do understand : here is what we gonna do about it ..."
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
    ST.16.20111023a.3

General:
    • Added "p'nus" to profanity filters. (c’mon guys)

I see Cryptic is spending their time on the important things.:rolleyes:

Any news on the Dilithium tax on crafting?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I think it's kinda weird that relatively routine scientific research assignments have a higher casualty rate (Medium) than interrogating an enemy faction prisoner (Low). Seems like they should be the other way around.

Also, in the short time I played post-patch yesterday, I saw loads of Barter GPL for Commodity assignments, but no Exchange EC for Commodity assignments. Hopefully the latter still exist, and haven't been completely replaced by the former.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
    ST.16.20111023a.3

General:

[*]There is now a bird-of-prey in KLG ship store at Captain rank.
    [*]Incorrect gating expression for ship available with free captain token. This has been fixed.

Still unable to claim KDF Captain ship in Shipyard. I have the required Dilithium and a free ship token award for reaching Captain, but when I go to the shipyard and try to claim one of the captain ships, I receive the following in the dialog box. ""You do not have enough Starship Requision (Capt.), whatever that means."

Apparently, the captain level ship problems for KDF players has not been resolved.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Phoenix316 wrote: »
    I think it's kinda weird that relatively routine scientific research assignments have a higher casualty rate (Medium) than interrogating an enemy faction prisoner (Low). Seems like they should be the other way around.

Also, in the short time I played post-patch yesterday, I saw loads of Barter GPL for Commodity assignments, but no Exchange EC for Commodity assignments. Hopefully the latter still exist, and haven't been completely replaced by the former.

I was thinking the EXACT same thing! Why is the casualty rate Medium or Moderate for my science techs to scan something?

Just more reasons to leave the game in my opinion.

You choose to do Sci missions cause you think they should be less harmful to your DOffs...but then they die. Making you take 20-48 hours to get new ones (I forget the mission time), or making you buy more from the C-Store. Bleh! That's what I have to say.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Phoenix316 wrote: »

I saw that too, and was afraid all the Exchange EC ones were gone. But after flying around the ENTIRE galaxy, I found 1, and only 1 sector that had 1 and again only 1 Purchase Provisions for EC. But all the others had between 5-8 buy them with GPL. So they are still there. I'm gonna wager a guess that a decimal point was off on their rarity over EC ones.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I hate the new Wonder Woman Charlie's Angels run. So while I like the direction you're going (letting us in-directly choose our run), can you please just put the "girly" run only on Sexy and Cute? I really like the Feminine stance. It's perfect for "average" women.

Ultimately it would be nice if you could add "run style" as something we can chose in the tailor next to stance. Then people could mix-n-match as they please. That would be sweet.

I understand why they tied them in to stances, but I too would still prefer having them as separate options.