Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - October 27, 2011

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Nikotaka wrote:
    While the minor boost in CXP for the appropriate shipboard missions will appeal to grinders, I'm not really digging the loss of the meager buffs we got for performing diagnostics on our starships or training with our officers. It gave us something to do with our ships and crew that felt like it directly impacted the effectiveness of both. There was a certain satisfaction in seeing that string of temporary buffs which represented our stringent devotion to making sure our ships and crew are performing above expectation, and made a player (or at least me) feel more in the role of a captain governing their crew than just sitting in a chair flying around.

With this new patch, I see far less reason to use the 'Shipboard' tab in the Duty Officer window.

If those buffs are still attainable in other missions, I have yet to see it. Though I'd love to know if they are.

As a side note, I'm kind of miffed at the effect of the point rollback on in-progress missions. I don't know if it was possible to separate them from available-yet-unattained missions or not, but going to bed waiting for a slew of 1d/2d 9-to-12-CXP Diplomacy missions to finish only to wake up this morning and see a shrunken 8 CXP reward for them (among other neutered CXP rewards altered while they were in-progress) was pretty grump-inducing. But I'll get over it.
    Note the word "temporarily". If you've been keeping up with all the dev posts, which you should if you're a tribbler, you'll note the current skill buffs don't mesh with the new changes. They need to hammer out the new skill changes first.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Note the word "temporarily". If you've been keeping up with all the dev posts, which you should if you're a tribbler, you'll note the current skill buffs don't mesh with the new changes. They need to hammer out the new skill changes first.

And you could do with not sounding so condescending to a fellow player who isn't being offensive or unreasonable in the least, but simply voicing an opinion. :)

That said, thank you for pointing out the term 'temporary', as it was missed.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Maxxina wrote: »
    rbRancher : stop being a dummy and realize, fixing this issue can take longer time

iTS MY GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO GRIPE WHEN THEY NOT ONLY DONT MAKE PROGRESS ON CHANGES, BUT NOW THEIR KEEPING THEIR MOUTHS SHUT ON THE FINER POINTS OF OUR COMPLAINTS.

If you dont like it, dont read my posts
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    The following should be added to the OP:

All community authored foundry missions have been withdrawn due to this patch, anyone with a foundry mission on Tribble now needs to go to the foundry editor and hit the publish button.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    rbrancher wrote: »
    iTS MY GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO GRIPE WHEN THEY NOT ONLY DONT MAKE PROGRESS ON CHANGES, BUT NOW THEIR KEEPING THEIR MOUTHS SHUT ON THE FINER POINTS OF OUR COMPLAINTS.

your right i will gripe all i want i have paid my dues since beta....beta and no content for 7 months. good god get with you guys. lets go. i will gripe all i want.

o by the way why the slow down load today TRIBBLE i have down loading for 35 mins and still have only
    48% of the patch. whats up with your server being so slow.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    you guys are falling behind schedule

...timeframe for C-Point / Dilithium exchange was over yesterday, kinda expected this today, ...nope
    ...timeframe for Skill revamp has started now.... so we get that in 3 weeks or so?

hmpf...

anyway

"Explore Strange New Worlds" and "We Need Breathing Room"

should be named
    "Explore Strange New Worlds (daily)" and "We Need Breathing Room (daily)"

easy to miss in all the clutter like it is.

or better yet just remove all the daily timers... 8000 DL limit is limiting enough anyway.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Every episode in the game now has the option to Transwarp to the mission starting location on the Journal page for a nominal EC fee.

Nice! Will this eventually be extended to all MISSIONS? Like explore B'Tran? =P
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Duty Officers:
    • All assignments have been revamped. With some exceptions, requirements are now based on Department (Science, Operations, Tactical, etc.) rather than Specialization. The intent of this is to make it more intuitive and to make it easier to start more assignments.

Yeah. Now I can start assignments like a zombie. Well done. Why not just give us 20 empty-slots and 20 dummy assignments and make us put one assignment in one slot? There is no challenge left at all. Why do you devalue your work and the doff-system in making it totally arbitrary? You know, this is going to be like this game wesley crusher played, where you are getting (stimulating) reward by doing nothing.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    [*]Skill Points, Bridge Officer Points and CXP rewards are being shifted to reward more generously for shorter duration assignments and less generously for longer duration assignments. Longer duration assignments will still generally reward more than a similar shorter duration assignment, but the increase will be more nominal to reflect the opportunity cost of the duty officers tied up in the assignment. Essentially, we want to reward you more for actively playing.
    I really don't like this one. I can understand rewarding more active players, but such decission basically makes longer assignments pointless. If I know I won't be playing for a couple of days, it doesn't matter if I select a 4h or 2d assignment - I'll still get let's say 8 Diplomatic XP. But what if I play on a daily basis and see a lot of these long missions? Becasue, you know, some of them require me to assign some specific Doff which is the only one I have. If I send him on a 2d mission, I can't use him for two days for any other thing - be it another assignment or active duty.

I'd rather have such long mission give me some really good rewards, not the same or similar amount I can get by doing a couple of 45min missions.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    BUT WHAT ABOUT..*please fill in name of your favorite bug* ??

Go check people. Its been stated before a number of times that they ONLY list the important stuff on these notes.. Minor mission fixes may or may not get noted in patch notes.

Before anyone start screaming about the BUFF from doff missions goin puff please note the the Zero stated in the patch note they are disabled pending skills tree roll out, They obviously need to be... adjusted. And the skill tress Change itself is obviously not ready quite yet or it would been in this patch....

I wonder if they turned on the visuals yet for the STF uniforms.. hope so, gonna go find out.. and if thier not I jump back egress 40 years and scream HOW COME THE *please fill in the name of your favorite bug here* AINT FIXED??

I swear some of you should be greeted with a sippy of kool aid in the morning and... nope I better not go there.. Zero might have to smack me and I woould hate that.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    [*]Added "p'nus" to profanity filters. (c’mon guys)

This has to be the most hilarious patch note I have seen for a game. :D
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Every episode in the game now has the option to Transwarp to the mission starting location on the Journal page for a nominal EC fee.

This is fantastic. One of the biggest complaints I heard from new players was "Why can't we just warp to our destination?"
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I realy just dont get it you can take time to fix the profanity filter but not bugs that have been in this game for months and months like the bar fight in the dividian missions and several others very old bugs. oh well , and not adress issues like only able to refine 8k dilithium which is no where near enough, hmmmm makes me think is there any need in fileing bug reports and and posting our thoughts on the game , once again i say oh well .
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    NickiGraus wrote: »
    Or in other words, casual players, running LONG time assigments, because they have NOT the time to play the game each day, are getting punished :confused:

When I can pop in for 15 minutes a day and get 2 grades at RA for 15 1 day+ assignments, that is over powered. The under one hour assignments were not worth running at all under the old system. For a free to play system to work, you need to have your players in the game playing to want to buy microtransaction items. Let's hold off judgement on how this balancing pass affects the player till we see how it panned out first okay?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    CptProton wrote: »
    It all looks good. But I see nothing about the infected space bonus reward getting fixed. It is very difficult to pick it up. Sometimes, not able to get. Therefor, teams are losing the bonus reward.

I think the issue here is that the team was disbanded. If you just invite someone to the team then you can pick up the reward. That now should be fix that the teams don't disband automatically.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    All this junk and you ignored all the 200 plus posts about dilithium in crafting and the excelsior problems. Well, its obvious you guys aren't listening anymore, you're just making the game in your own image now. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.

In addition to that, we still have the problem with BOffs getting in our line of fire when in shooter mode on away missions? How tough is that to fix? I mean, really?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    [*]Female Animations have been adjusted:
    • Now, if you choose the 3 feminine stances (Feminine, Sexy, Cute), you will get the existing new female walks & runs in unarmed modes.
    • If you choose the other gender neutral stances (Standard, Brawler, Stern ...) you will get the default standard walks/ & runs.

by the looks of it didn't work for me. I change between all of them and still have the old walk/run. and worse of all, I had to buy a costume pack before I could change the stance even know I all ready own the pack when I transfered the toon over from holodeck. this is not what I call a happy event. on a related note. almost all my costumes on the transferred toon are useless to me ( including the one I use as my default )

so I'm out 320 Test C-Points and still didn't get to check out the new walk/run. I'm currently a sad panda cause of this. Thanks a lot.

will await an answer or a fix. will check back later.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    So I'm guessing..

Still no fix for the annoying e-mail bleeping and flashing icon as notified 4 weeks and 3 major patches ago.
    No unlocking of Gamma Orionis based on level as was mentioned by a dev.
    No derailed missions as requested by most testers.
    No removal / lessening of the Dilithium cost of crafting as requested by most testers.
    No re-instatement of the VA token as requested by most testers.
    No fix for the nerfed Excelsior's console slots as requested by most testers.
    No reduction in C-Store prices after the recent price hike in the C-Store as requested by most testers.

I could go on, but I think you get the general idea.

This isn't a moan, but merely noting were action has been requested/desired and at the moment, not yet delivered.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    [*]Can no longer slot duty officers of the opposite faction that have been gained through the Exchange. You can still acquire them to give to a friend or alt, but you can't slot them. Opposite-faction suty officers gained through commendation tier rewards will still be slottable, of course.

We still cannot mail these guys, right? How would we transfer them to an alt?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Add me in for being a bit miffed that a few of the big elephants in the room are being ignored:

Removal Dilithium cost of crafting
    Re-instatement of the VA token
    No fix for the nerfed Excelsior's console
    Reduction in C-Store prices after the recent price hike in the C-Store
    Removal of T3 nebula\Excelsior
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Another nice update, lot's of goodies and fixes, but...
    STILL cannot purchase the Vor'Kang from the Cstore. :confused:
    STILL you can see it only when at the ship requisition officer but the price is listed as "loading" and the "buy" tab is grayed out.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I would like to raise a point. Or Three.

Now the Galaxy X is now only available to VAs, whill the Nebula be changed for VA too? These ships are very similar in stats.

And...why is every power being converted into a console? Don't get me wrong, it's nice that some of them are, but it won't bode well if, say for example, you buy the Nebula just for the ability. I know, money to make and all that, but it's going to lead to ships spamming C-Store ability consoles left and right as the peeps in the centre can't afford them all. Pokemon, anyone?

Finally, will we ever see a return of the 'pure' T3 Nebula and Excelsior? I know the game needs to have sustinance in funds to make money to pay for profit, servers, profit, electricity, profit, staff, etc. BUT, why can't you allow both the T3 AND T3.5 versions? That way, there's both a 'free' and a 'paid' version.

Oh wait, you can change Dilithium for C-Store points! (how silly am I!?)
  • Options
    edited October 2011

Ah yes and griping and using caps makes sure your stupidity is seen by all.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    commendation-tier-rewards... please add some nice gimmicks, like you have done with the diplo tier, an extra incentive to hunt that 100.000 cxp for each tier.. (in sum 1.100.000 o.O)

thx, the do-slotting runs now realy fluently :)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    So, the 8k dilithium refining limit will now take a bit longer to reach since the rewards from the STFs have been reduced to 480 ore now instead of 1100. Not sure about other missions yet, but I'm thinking all the big ones probably got the nerf as well.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Xablis wrote:
    So, the 8k dilithium refining limit will now take a bit longer to reach since the rewards from the STFs have been reduced to 480 ore now instead of 1100. Not sure about other missions yet, but I'm thinking all the big ones probably got the nerf as well.

Really? Even more reasons to hate the new grindfest stf's :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    madjik wrote: »
    So, no skill revamp yet?

:(

EDIT:: One of these days I"ll get a first post, and it won't say "First" in it.

What will it say?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    ceown wrote: »
    Add me in for being a bit miffed that a few of the big elephants in the room are being ignored:

Removal Dilithium cost of crafting
    Re-instatement of the VA token
    No fix for the nerfed Excelsior's console
    Reduction in C-Store prices after the recent price hike in the C-Store
    Removal of T3 nebula\Excelsior

Agreed on all counts. "Gold" members should be given a free ship token at EVERY tier. I don't mind if "Silver" has to work for it, but there should be atleast some meaningful difference between subscribing to the game, and not subscribing.

Also, they are pretty much throwing any resemblence of a "schedule" out the window. First, the dilithium > C-points system is still missing in action. Today was suppose to be the "skill point revamp" patch, which again is M.I.A.

And what do we get from the devs? Silence...
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I realy just dont get it you can take time to fix the profanity filter but not bugs that have been in this game for months and months like the bar fight in the dividian missions and several others very old bugs. oh well , and not adress issues like only able to refine 8k dilithium which is no where near enough, hmmmm makes me think is there any need in fileing bug reports and and posting our thoughts on the game , once again i say oh well .

because adding a word to the profanity filter requires less than 30 seconds, wheras something like the Devidian mission would require digging into the specialized code for that mission.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Fixed Orion Marauding Force item so it is a hangar item (not a console items).

Doh maybe I shouldn't have put that in my feedback thread :rolleyes:

Also a 5 target Boarding Party I think makes a better console than a Hanger Item, especially when you only get 2 shuttles per target and they are the equivalent to Boarding party 1.
    Maybe if they where like Boarding party 3 with 3 shuttle per target.....but that might be overkill, time for more testing I guess.