What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - October 27, 2011

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    - So, no Dilithium Cost changes or revamps (Suppossedly this was the patch where the Dilithium Economy was supposed to be very near what was in mind for launch.

- Also, vcan we get word as to whether he main storyline missions are going to remain in th "Must play all in the exact sae order..." paradigm? I thought it was something even Stephen D'Angelo admitted was "a step backwards, but we have plenty of time to fix..." ?

[And sorry for asking questions here; but we haven't had an ask Cryptic since DStahl left as EP of STO.]
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    because adding a word to the profanity filter requires less than 30 seconds, wheras something like the Devidian mission would require digging into the specialized code for that mission.

Yea i know that but why should it take months and months and months to still not fix them riddle me this if
    you please
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    y no skill revamp :(
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Spartan118 wrote: »
    y no skill revamp :(

Great question... Was wondering the same thing myself. Also, any word on the Sao Paulo (the Defiant +1)?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Cryptic, I commend your obvious hard work. That's another nice long list of updates. Thank you for the efforts. I was disappointed to get no comment on the following:

* Excelsior Nerf: Seriously, I want my three TWs back, and the console switch-a-roo needs addressing (either give us an extra console slot, or put the powers back to click buttons only).
    * Dilithium Crafting. It's bad. The end.
    * No mail icon fix.
    * Removing Dilithium Refining Limits (or at least Raising) for Gold players.
    * Derailing missions and letting VAs who haven't finished them still get to Gamma O.

I anxiously await your response. Hopefully we'll get a blog entry that specifically addresses these issues.
    • Now, if you choose the 3 feminine stances (Feminine, Sexy, Cute), you will get the existing new female walks & runs in unarmed modes.
    • If you choose the other gender neutral stances (Standard, Brawler, Stern ...) you will get the default standard walks/ & runs.
    I hate the new Wonder Woman Charlie's Angels run. So while I like the direction you're going (letting us in-directly choose our run), can you please just put the "girly" run only on Sexy and Cute? I really like the Feminine stance. It's perfect for "average" women.

Ultimately it would be nice if you could add "run style" as something we can chose in the tailor next to stance. Then people could mix-n-match as they please. That would be sweet.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    ^^ with PV here ^^
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    So I'm guessing..

Still no fix for the annoying e-mail bleeping and flashing icon as notified 4 weeks and 3 major patches ago.
    No unlocking of Gamma Orionis based on level as was mentioned by a dev.
    No derailed missions as requested by most testers.
    No removal / lessening of the Dilithium cost of crafting as requested by most testers.
    No re-instatement of the VA token as requested by most testers.
    No fix for the nerfed Excelsior's console slots as requested by most testers.
    No reduction in C-Store prices after the recent price hike in the C-Store as requested by most testers.

I could go on, but I think you get the general idea.

This isn't a moan, but merely noting were action has been requested/desired and at the moment, not yet delivered.

So true. So very, very true. As this is a beta test, I was willing to be patient despite my anger. I then logged into Tribble, however and, upon going to repair satellites in the Traelus System, I discovered this:
    the Fire Phasers, Fire Torpedo, and Fire All weapons r greyed out in going into combat

You know, there is regular ridiculous, and then there is mind-blowing, account-cancelling ridiculous. Perhaps I'm being unreasonable. I mean, why on earth would we need these buttons in . . .space combat? Yeah, as of November 6th, I will no longer be paying to test this. It's been real.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Nikotaka wrote:
    And you could do with not sounding so condescending to a fellow player who isn't being offensive or unreasonable in the least, but simply voicing an opinion. :)

That said, thank you for pointing out the term 'temporary', as it was missed.
    All intonations inferred from text posts are reflective of the reader. I was not being condescending when I wrote that.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Doh maybe I shouldn't have put that in my feedback thread :rolleyes:

Also a 5 target Boarding Party I think makes a better console than a Hanger Item, especially when you only get 2 shuttles per target and they are the equivalent to Boarding party 1.
    Maybe if they where like Boarding party 3 with 3 shuttle per target.....but that might be overkill, time for more testing I guess.

I actually can't help but feel that the current state of the boarding party is really ... sub-par as a hangar item. It was nice before because I could choose to sometimes throw out the boarding party, while also having a couple of fighters out and about to assist in my DPSing. I'm still doing less damage by way of less-fighters than a 'proper' carrier, and even the 'better' turn rate doesn't compensate out this fact.

I liked the versatility of having the Marauder Force plus the option of a fighter squadron of my choice, because it gave the illusion of being more versatile (even if the Marauder Forces usually didn't have that strong an impact by themselves).

I think maybe just increasing the cooldown slightly and putting it back as a console might be the direction to go.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I know it likely doesn't bother others, but I am still outraged at the ability to suddenly "Teleport" to the mission location on jump. I'm not much of a Trek fan, but THAT doesn't feel trek to me. You should be traveling there. It's not like you CAN'T set autopilot ANYWAY, so why add in the ability to warp there on jump?

Stupid if you ask me.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I know it likely doesn't bother others, but I am still outraged at the ability to suddenly "Teleport" to the mission location on jump. I'm not much of a Trek fan, but THAT doesn't feel trek to me. You should be traveling there. It's not like you CAN'T set autopilot ANYWAY, so why add in the ability to warp there on jump?

Stupid if you ask me.

There, you have hit the nail on the head. This game is Star Trek in name only...
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Updates are fine with this title going free to play. How about giving the existing paying playerbase another character transfer to test this upcomming implementation better? I and many more would be more inclined to use Tribble more if such was effected.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    The Klingon Academy ground is transparent.

That's because they're hoping all of us will fall through and they won't have to deal with KDF any longer. :D
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Added "p'nus" to profanity filters. (c’mon guys)]

It's high time someone finally did something about this. What a relief!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    i like the new "team" skills icon but will miss the old ones

Can u make sickbay assignments auto complete again please?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    No skill revamp, awe. I was really excited about that too. Can we get any sort of official ETA on when to expect skill revamp to be in?

Stupid if you ask me.
    Indeed, with everyone of these little "convenience" changes they make the game feel less Star Trek. The reason they did this though was two fold. First they needed another EC sink, as some people have 2 billion ECs (not me, but some people...which is stupid as it just helps people earn ECs faster). Second reason is to cover up lack of content to do between missions, especially now they are straight timeline progression. They really need little travelling minigames in sector space as we travel, and I know there are lots of us out there for ideas on how they could do this... but they won't.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    SteveHale wrote: »
    It's high time someone finally did something about this. What a relief!

Why so serious? :p

"P'Nus" is oh so much more important to take care of...... ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Jamion wrote: »
    No skill revamp, awe. I was really excited about that too. Can we get any sort of official ETA on when to expect skill revamp to be in?

Indeed, with everyone of these little "convenience" changes they make the game feel less Star Trek. The reason they did this though was two fold. First they needed another EC sink, as some people have 2 billion ECs (not me, but some people...which is stupid as it just helps people earn ECs faster). Second reason is to cover up lack of content to do between missions, especially now they are straight timeline progression. They really need little travelling minigames in sector space as we travel, and I know there are lots of us out there for ideas on how they could do this... but they won't.

Another EC sink....EC's instead of dilithium in crafting would be a great as a sink?

No, thats silly ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    SatansHell wrote: »
    Another EC sink....EC's instead of dilithium in crafting would be a great as a sink?

No, thats silly ;)

Yea, I wish they would have done that. That would have made more sense from a star trek perspective as you would need ECs to help replicate components for what you are building. Unless everything has its own anti-matter drive I am not sure why you need dilithium to craft it (makes sense for the engines... that's about it).

Kind of crossing my fingers that CBS steps in at some point, maybe kicks D'Angelo's butt a bit. It won't happen though. Wait... CBS Interactive has a twitter! I wonder if they actually read @replies http://twitter.com/#!/CBSi
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Jamion wrote: »
    Yea, I wish they would have done that. That would have made more sense from a star trek perspective as you would need ECs to help replicate components for what you are building. Unless everything has its own anti-matter drive I am not sure why you need dilithium to craft it (makes sense for the engines... that's about it).

Kind of crossing my fingers that CBS steps in at some point, maybe kicks D'Angelo's butt a bit. It won't happen though. Wait... CBS Interactive has a twitter! I wonder if they actually read @replies http://twitter.com/#!/CBSi

We are all hoping this happens (insert pray icon).

Only one way to find out, dont know how they would feel with 1000's of tweets saying "Cryptic is ruining Star Trek, go see their forums for proof!!" ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2011

Stupid if you ask me.

This likely made it in due to advice from Perfect World. After the announcement that Cryptic was being sold to Perfect World a couple of months back, I took the opportunity to download and play as many PW games as I could so that I could get a look at some of the changes that might be headed our way.

The ability to travel to quest location from quest giver is one of those things that Perfect World does across all of their games.

I do recommend checking out some of those other free to play PWI games, some of them are quite fun, but that's neither here nor there.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Just FIX the 3 fire buttons, please.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Wasn't "new high end equipment" supposed to be out this week according to the calendar?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    PhilipG wrote:
    Wasn't "new high end equipment" supposed to be out this week according to the calendar?

Skill revamp too. Didn't happen, no one has told us why.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    So I'm guessing..

Still no fix for the annoying e-mail bleeping and flashing icon as notified 4 weeks and 3 major patches ago.
    No removal / lessening of the Dilithium cost of crafting as requested by most testers.
    No reduction in C-Store prices after the recent price hike in the C-Store as requested by most testers.

This isn't a moan, but merely noting were action has been requested/desired and at the moment, not yet delivered.

Agree with everything on this list, 100 % !

This is the requested feedback players are giving you on the F2P test.

Please listen to it.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    So I'm guessing..

QFE and here are a couple of more that are dragging and I fear may never be addressed (thus ruining the fun of that content)
    • No patch to exploration so that the repeatable 30 minute ones are rewarding and at least worth something when doing them (ahem - return the level specific item reward you had at the beginning of the F2P test)
    • No fix to "Aid the Planets" they still award nothing when completed and are virtually useless except for DXP. When you hit the Ambassador rank, they are currently only useful as anomaly farms.
    • No movement on the story arc mission chain, whether it will we removed, made open via level etc..
    • No bypass to allow RAs and VAs access to GO and B'Tran unless they have completed ALL the Klingon, Romulan, and Cardassian arcs.
    • No fix to the Boff AI so they once again rez each other.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Naevius wrote:
    I understand this, but it kind of sucks for those who aren't on 24 x 7.

However, it needed rebalancing because I've been doffing since the launch and still haven't reached level 1 trade or level 1 Engineering.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Do we have a dilithium exchange yet?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    What's the KLG store?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Just say "NO" to Dilithium in Crafting...
    snipe048 wrote: »
    Cryptic, Here's an idea about crafting that will make everyone happy, Remove the Dilithium from Crafting completely and make crafting a GOLD subscription exclusive feature, you'll make your subscribers happy, keep fleet crafters alive and most likely you'll get more New Gold subscribers out of this deal wanting to use this "exclusive" feature.

I like this idea....