Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - October 13, 2011 Mk II

124»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    pr1983 wrote: »
    it isn't technically throttled, unless you're talking about just the dailies. you could make a killing in the events, for instance.

Well, that's just it... If we are limited in how much ore we can refine in a day, why limit stuff like the exploration ore rewards to a daily? It doesn't matter if we can accrue 5 billion ore in a day if all we can refine is 8k so why make it so hard to get that 8k. Let's say one person is not a big fan of the events but enjoys the random nature of the exploration missions, why should he have a harder time acquiring ore than the person who loves running the events? Neither of the two will ever be able to refine more than the daily limit and, as far as I know, you can't trade the ore in any way. It just doesn't make any sense.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Galeforce wrote:
    Well, that's just it... If we are limited in how much ore we can refine in a day, why limit stuff like the exploration ore rewards to a daily? It doesn't matter if we can accrue 5 billion ore in a day if all we can refine is 8k so why make it so hard to get that 8k. Let's say one person is not a big fan of the events but enjoys the random nature of the exploration missions, why should he have a harder time acquiring ore than the person who loves running the events? Neither of the two will ever be able to refine more than the daily limit and, as far as I know, you can't trade the ore in any way. It just doesn't make any sense.

Exactly.

Lets also say that player A doesn't want to have to do the SFA event or exploration, due to the mind numbingly tedious nature of them and likes to pvp instead? What harm does giving player A dilithium ore for his public pvp matches, if it's only ore and you can only refine 8000 per day?

Would love a dev comment on why there are such restrictions of ore earning if the refinement limits protects the economy already... :confused:
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Man, I'll laugh if a bunch of people get their chars deleted for abusing the infinite EC exploit before they fix it.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Kerrus wrote: »
    Man, I'll laugh if a bunch of people get their chars deleted for abusing the infinite EC exploit before they fix it.

Wait there's an infinite EC exploit? On Live?? I sure hope not..
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    How often has the server actually been cleaned up since it started?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Galeforce wrote:
    There's still something I don't understand. If Dilithium Ore is useless in and of itself therefore must be refined before using it and a daily limit has been placed on how much you can refine, why is it necessary to throttle the amount of dilithium ore we can acquire? It's not like we can use it for anything until it is refined and you have already limited the refining. It makes no sense.

I haven't tried it, but is Dilithium Ore tradable like EC? If it is, that may be way they put a cap on it. (Not to mention a character limit).
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I seem to have a big problem, and I'm wondering if I'm the only one. I can't complete the mission '' Treasure trading station'' because I can't scan the freigthers. I submitted several tickets, but silence ..........
    So anyone can tell me where I stand?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    ciprianp wrote: »
    I seem to have a big problem, and I'm wondering if I'm the only one. I can't complete the mission '' Treasure trading station'' because I can't scan the freigthers. I submitted several tickets, but silence ..........
    So anyone can tell me where I stand?

when you approach them, come to a complete stop, and then your scan should work.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Not sure if it showed up in this patch or not, but I just hit KDF Captain and there is no Captain Rank Bird of Prey available from the ship requisitions officer. Kind of a roadblock to playing a KDF Science Captain who isn't going for carriers.