Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - October 13, 2011 Mk II

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Trek17 wrote:
    not mentioned yet in this thread, but should be :)

Exploration missions (3 missions in Delta Volanis for example) are NO LONGER a daily, they are now back to normal

so what happened to the dilithilum award? a new daily mission for completing them, separate from the original

Looks like the Explo Missions will be for SP only, but there will be a single Daily Exploration that any 3 Explo missions will complete for Dilithium. Presumeably any 3 meaning one set of three Explos regardless of which Explo Sector.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I just imagine all those pings freaking out the shard & shutting it down repeatedly as everyone spams the login every 60 seconds.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    boglejam wrote: »
    How do you know that he isn't into that? You might think you are threatening him, when actually you may be encouraging him to fail.

Some people roll like that. Odd but true.

Wow. Just... wow.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Oh, hi Qor'Daq! Didn't see you up there :)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    How do you know that he isn't into that? You might think you are threatening him, when actually you may be encouraging him to fail.

Some people roll like that. Odd but true.

Fair enough. 10 minutes left again. If its up on time ill go get the leather mask, plunger, and rubber gloves too :D
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Firix wrote:
    Yes and no.

The current way is in some ways better, you can grind up and get that gear you want, but when you rank up, the marks are useless.

On last weeks build, I found that after I had outlevelled the Clusters, they no longer awarded Dilithium.

With this current change, You can choose which one you want to do.

I see the merit in what you're saying.

But I still think it's a shame. Star Cluster content levels up with you (even though the anomalies are specific to each). I would've thought it a far more elegant solution to simply not let those missions be considered 'outlevelled'.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Try not to kill me, I decided to give you a time instead of Soon™ for once ;)

I'm sure that wont end badly. :D
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Godimas wrote: »
    Fair enough. 10 minutes left again. If its up on time ill go get the leather mask, plunger, and rubber gloves too :D

Dude, now I have this creepy mental picture of you standing over a pit in a basement, looking down into the pit, and saying "It brings the shard back up or it gets the hose..."
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    The clusters do level with you, but Delta Volanis is a lot easier than B'Tran from my experience.

Either way, it doesnt matter now, as this change means they are completely levelless.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    QorDaq wrote: »
    Looks like the Explo Missions will be for SP only, but there will be a single Daily Exploration that any 3 Explo missions will complete for Dilithium. Presumeably any 3 meaning one set of three Explos regardless of which Explo Sector.

I'll be happy about that. I mosly used the badges for the next Kit anyway with occasional armor/personal shield upgrade for my Boffs.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I'm in!!!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    -One- wrote: »
    Oh, hi Qor'Daq! Didn't see you up there :)

Hiya One, good to see you.

=================================

As to the Daily change, I understand it, but liked having the extra Dilithium. However, the DOff missions now offering Dilithium for most results, may well make up for it in the long run.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    It's Alive!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I'm in!!!!!

Confirmed! Woot! :D
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    And the Thunderchild isn't in the Tribble C-Store.

*dies a little inside*

I guess I'll get an Akira after all.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
  • Options
    edited October 2011

Lol, nice save :)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
    ST.16.20111010b.4

[*]Exploration tours (Explore 3 Delta Volanis systems, etc.) are no longer daily missions.
    • They can be repeated once every half hour for skill points.
    • A new daily mission allows you to gain dilithium once per day for completing an exploration tour.

Yay, they do Care!!!! :D
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Woot!!! Hockey game just finished now its STO time!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Yay! Daddy gets his Defiant back.

Yeah, Daddy!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    woot! thanks for the hard work!

*attaches plunger to electric drill*

time for the payoff!

Also, how come the KDF missions still have a higher chance to fail then the fed ones?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    [*]A new daily mission allows you to gain dilithium once per day for completing an exploration tour.
    • Starfleet officers can acquire this mission from Lieutenant Grall
    • KDF officers acquire the mission from Lieutenant Atonone.
    • Completing any exploration tour will finish this mission and reward a stipend of dilithium.

...So, a further reduction in your capacity to obtain dilithium per day. Not encouraging.

I'm very accustomed to being able to grind clusters to obtain weapons and equipment for my ships more than once a day Why is this option being taken away from me?

And still no acknowledgement or fix for the rank-up issue when you purchase a C-Store ship
  • Options
    edited October 2011

Exploration tours (Explore 3 Delta Volanis systems, etc.) are no longer daily missions.
    • A new daily mission allows you to gain dilithium once per day for completing an exploration tour.
      • Completing any exploration tour will finish this mission and reward a stipend of dilithium.

Good news - we can do star clusters every half hour again.

Bad news - Before this update I had several KDF star clusters that gave Dilithium. Now there is only one.

LOL - I prefer going back to the previous way. If Dilithium is for Hard Core players like D'Angelo says then we should be able to do multiple Star Clusters and get Dilithium rewards for each. If they are repeated after that - then they should reward only Skill Points.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
    ST.16.20111010b.4

General:
    • Exploration tours (Explore 3 Delta Volanis systems, etc.) are no longer daily missions.

Awesome to see movement in this direction.

You are getting warmer, now think about re-playability at endgame, do endgame players really need skill points? How does offering only skillpoints promote replay at endgame? Realize before, one could get the marks, turn them in for items that they could either "cash-out" on or sell. I don't understand why offering a level appropriate award is such a hang up. All it is is guruanteed loot for spending time playing the game...

Do not forgot about the "Aid the Planet" missions either.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Guess my post in other thread got missed between the two patches, but the EC vendors in First City cannot be accessed any longer.
  • Options
    edited October 2011

And still no acknowledgement or fix for the rank-up issue when you purchase a C-Store ship

It was fixed, I got my CMD ship, at no cost and it completed the quest.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    So.... I didn't login in between patches, but this morning I had 10k dilithium and when I logged on just a minute ago, I had 10k dilithium and no merits, is that normal? Thought this extra wait was to fix the conversion issue.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    pjlietz wrote: »
    It was fixed, I got my CMD ship, at no cost and it completed the quest.

If that's in the build they just released, it should be in the patch notes, no? It was a fairly major issue.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Exploration tours (Explore 3 Delta Volanis systems, etc.) are no longer daily missions.
    Well, the prices for gear are a whole lot better, but this more or less kills my motivation to do star clusters.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Oh man..never ask Salami that. Thats like asking him if he STILL beats his wife. No answer is acceptable.

I always say "Wait 25 minutes before you answer that question." :p