What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - October 13, 2011 Mk II

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Well, the prices for gear are a whole lot better, but this more or less kills my motivation to do star clusters.

So the desire here is to have a set of repeatable XP missions per star cluster AND a set of daily dilithium missions per star cluster?

Anything else? Your own moon right next to the one Quark retired on :P

/jk, I'll bring it up to content and see what they say.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    ...So, a further reduction in your capacity to obtain dilithium per day. Not encouraging.

I'm very accustomed to being able to grind clusters to obtain weapons and equipment for my ships more than once a day Why is this option being taken away from me?

And still no acknowledgement or fix for the rank-up issue when you purchase a C-Store ship

We're aware that purchasing a C-Store ship does not satisfy the promotion mission. It's something we'll clean up, but it will be a little while.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    So the desire here is to have a set of repeatable XP missions per star cluster AND a set of daily dilithium missions per star cluster?

Think endgame Salami. Here is what people USED to do Exploration clusters for
    • Break up the monotony of scanning anomalies and take the 3/mission as they went.
    • Complete the three missions and turn those marks around for gear to use, recycle, or sell to make bank.
    • An alterntive method of leveling, just to see diferent random maps.
    • Run the missions for the Accolades (75 needed if I am not mistaken).

Now when Tribble first came up and the clusters were offering level appropriate rewards I thought that was great. I was even running ground maps and getting to like them. For endgame is was a good system.

When they went to dailies that messed up an entire playstyle for a group of people. It made the accolades way out of reach (75 days forced no matter how much effort youwould put in).

By putting them back and giving a canned mission for Dilithium rewards you have fixed most of the issues, the alternative leveling, the accolade issue but there are still two resounding ones, the breaking up the anomaly farming and well, the getting some semblance of a reward that we can cash in for credits, use, trade, sell to another player etc...

Put back in the level appropriate reward and all exploration issues that were created with the transition are solved.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    boglejam wrote: »
    Dude, now I have this creepy mental picture of you standing over a pit in a basement, looking down into the pit, and saying "It brings the shard back up or it gets the hose..."

Put the tribble in the basket!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    GUL_EVEK wrote:
    Put the tribble in the basket!!!

Ha. Exactly.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Put back in the level appropriate reward and all exploration issues that were created with the transition are solved.

I'm in complete agreement. Dilithium is supposed to be a stand-in for the marks we could obtain before.

Emblems were Daily. Mark-giving missions you could do every 30 minutes or so.

To me, making all of the Star Cluster have a Daily mission where you could get dillithium if you went to them was a happy middle. It was also an excuse to visit each of them, making you go around the galaxy, glimpse on the way what other Doff assignment opportunities there would be.

Now, just one? Meh. I feel you're crimping that playstyle, that way for people to choose to level their character, and the promotion several lateral advancement advantages such as accolade hunting.

(for scaling purposes, generally, a trio of star cluster missions could have you able to afford - or almost afford - a console before. I don't see this as begging for the moon considering that's what we had in the past)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    We're aware that purchasing a C-Store ship does not satisfy the promotion mission. It's something we'll clean up, but it will be a little while.

Speaking of C-store ships.... where's the Thunderchild and K'Tinga refit?
  • Options
    edited October 2011

That's pretty much it exactly.

I leveled my main character up on Holodeck from start (tutorial, Azura, first patrol set) all the way to Captain 8 just on star cluster missions (because after the beta I'd done the episodes so many times they weren't fun anymore).

So having the clusters still give skill points and be a valid leveling path for people who just don't want to do the episodes again should still be an option.

The Dilithium missions being once per day per cluster wouldn't be bad a bad option. It would give people an excuse to travel around the galaxy, visit strange new worlds, and see the DOff missions on the way between them while still hopefully keeping Dil gain at a 'reasonable' level for what I assume your economic goals are.

Now if you make those changes with the explore missions being level appropriate for peoples characters and put the random item box rewards back into the "Aid the Planet" missions so they aren't just a huge expense with a tiny reward I'd be quite happy with the clusters / nebulas / etc. again.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    • Break up the monotony of scanning anomalies and take the 3/mission as they went.
    • Complete the three missions and turn those marks around for gear to use, recycle, or sell to make bank.

Now when Tribble first came up and the clusters were offering level appropriate rewards I thought that was great. I was even running ground maps and getting to like them. For endgame is was a good system.

When they went to dailies that messed up an entire playstyle for a group of people. It made the accolades way out of reach (75 days forced no matter how much effort youwould put in).

By putting them back and giving a canned mission for Dilithium rewards you have fixed most of the issues, the alternative leveling, the accolade issue but there are still two resounding ones, the breaking up the anomaly farming and well, the getting some semblance of a reward that we can cash in for credits, use, trade, sell to another player etc...

Zoberraz wrote: »
    I'm in complete agreement. Dilithium is supposed to be a stand-in for the marks we could obtain before.

Emblems were Daily. Mark-giving missions you could do every 30 minutes or so.

To me, making all of the Star Cluster have a Daily mission where you could get dillithium if you went to them was a happy middle. It was also an excuse to visit each of them, making you go around the galaxy, glimpse on the way what other Doff assignment opportunities there would be.

Now, just one? Meh. I feel you're crimping that playstyle, that way for people to choose to level their character, and the promotion several lateral advancement advantages such as accolade hunting.

(for scaling purposes, generally, a trio of star cluster missions could have you able to afford - or almost afford - a console before. I don't see this as begging for the moon considering that's what we had in the past)
    Hythian wrote: »
    That's pretty much it exactly.

I leveled my main character up on Holodeck from start (tutorial, Azura, first patrol set) all the way to Captain 8 just on star cluster missions (because after the beta I'd done the episodes so many times they weren't fun anymore).

So having the clusters still give skill points and be a valid leveling path for people who just don't want to do the episodes again should still be an option.

The Dilithium missions being once per day per cluster wouldn't be bad a bad option. It would give people an excuse to travel around the galaxy, visit strange new worlds, and see the DOff missions on the way between them while still hopefully keeping Dil gain at a 'reasonable' level for what I assume your economic goals are.

Now if you make those changes with the explore missions being level appropriate for peoples characters and put the random item box rewards back into the "Aid the Planet" missions so they aren't just a huge expense with a tiny reward I'd be quite happy with the clusters / nebulas / etc. again.

I know you guys don't like polls, but I'd still like to voice a +1 vote along with Commodore Shrvk, Zoberraz, and Hythian. I have over a dozen characters and sometimes replaying the same story missions over'n'over again gets boring. Sometimes I like to spend stretches doing the Exploration Clusters for XP, Badges of Exploration, etc. Good for leveling, gear, items to sell, etc. Even at End Game, On my Main Character I am still doing the Explores to get the Accolades.

I most prefer the idea of an XP/Dilithium Mission for Each Cluster. I get you guys don't want to flood the market with Dilithium so instead of the 20min mission cool down we have on Holodeck now, put each on a 4, 8, or even a true Daily (20) hour clock. Also, it would ok if you have to reduce the Dilithium a little. Instead of 1440, how about 1200, 1000, or 800?
  • Options
    edited October 2011

Think about this:

There are people that can play every day. They make the "n" dailies, refine their ore, and go offline after 2 hours. So per week, he might play 14 hours. A
    Now take another player. He plays only on week-ends. 2 hours on Friday perhaps, and 6 hours on Saturday and Sunday. He has also played 14 hours. But he gets to do only dailies worth of 6 hours, because it are just 3 days he's playing.

So now he will always be behind the guy logging on every day. Despite investing the same amount of time.

There is a Dilithium refinement cap in place for each character. Why not rely on that? What's the point if you don't give out ore exceeding that cap? You could just keep the Dailies and ditch the refinement process.

Moreover, you're constraining people's choice with Dailies in the first place. Think about the endgame players. They don't need the skill points. They need Dilithium. And now they have to do PvP (even if some might hate it and just sit around at the spawn point, ruining gameplay for others) and exploration missions (which others might hate due to the dull, repetitive nature of them), and the Pi Canis/Eta Eridani/Deferi Dailies (which others might hate due to the dull, repetitive nature of them).

Trust your refinement system. Ditch the dailies and have repeatable, half-hourly missions for all existing repeatables, that earn skill points, energy credits and dilithium.

Heck, even better - change the refinement limit from a daily to weekly allotment. Give people freedom how, where and when they get their ore.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Think about this:

There are people that can play every day. They make the "n" dailies, refine their ore, and go offline after 2 hours. So per week, he might play 14 hours. A
    Now take another player. He plays only on week-ends. 2 hours on Friday perhaps, and 6 hours on Saturday and Sunday. He has also played 14 hours. But he gets to do only dailies worth of 6 hours, because it are just 3 days he's playing.

So now he will always be behind the guy logging on every day. Despite investing the same amount of time.

There is a Dilithium refinement cap in place for each character. Why not rely on that? What's the point if you don't give out ore exceeding that cap? You could just keep the Dailies and ditch the refinement process.

Moreover, you're constraining people's choice with Dailies in the first place. Think about the endgame players. They don't need the skill points. They need Dilithium. And now they have to do PvP (even if some might hate it and just sit around at the spawn point, ruining gameplay for others) and exploration missions (which others might hate due to the dull, repetitive nature of them), and the Pi Canis/Eta Eridani/Deferi Dailies (which others might hate due to the dull, repetitive nature of them).

Trust your refinement system. Ditch the dailies and have repeatable, half-hourly missions for all existing repeatables, that earn skill points, energy credits and dilithium.

Heck, even better - change the refinement limit from a daily to weekly allotment. Give people freedom how, where and when they get their ore.

Well written, I agree with this.
  • Options
    edited October 2011

Good to know, thanks.
  • Options
    edited October 2011

Well, it wouldn't have to be a moon. I'd settle for a small luxury cruiser, master bedroom would have to be a large holosuite (goes without saying). Oh, and it should be crewed by nubile, young...
    /jk,
    Awwww... :(
    I'll bring it up to content and see what they say.

I think a possible solution would be for the daily dilithium mission to reward 1440 refined dilithium (not ore) and then each of the star clusters could have its own daily that rewards 480 or 240 dilithium ore. That way there's a reason for people to go out to these places and spend an hour or two doing missions. It'll also get more people to use the more remote clusters like the Eridan Belt. Even on Holodeck I avoid that cluster because of how far away it is from any starbase.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Not to mention that the current Holodeck build of the Star Cluster explore missions give some reward of badges; which although they have limited use (or no use after you've exceeded their initial level band), is still a reward of currency... the type of currency that I am to understand is supposed to be converted at some rate to dilithium. I'm not saying that the star cluster half-hourlies should give the same amount as the daily, but they should give some sort of currency amount.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
    ST.16.20111010b.4

General:
    • The Defiant Retrofit and Galaxy X are now in the C-Store.

A clarification question about the Galaxy X, from just comparing the C-Store descriptions between Tribble and Holodeck I don't see any stat changes at all. Just confirming this ship hasn't been retuned yet; or is it not being updated at all?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Give people freedom how, where and when they get their ore.

100% this.

Lots of low-cooldown repeatables that reward dilithium ore (in small quantites if you so wish) and then people can do as much or as little of any particular activity as they desire and refine within the constraints of cryptics oh-so delicate economy.

Bravo sir, eloquently put.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    [*]Exploration tours (Explore 3 Delta Volanis systems, etc.) are no longer daily missions.
    • They can be repeated once every half hour for skill points.
    • A new daily mission allows you to gain dilithium once per day for completing an exploration tour.
      • Starfleet officers can acquire this mission from Lieutenant Grall
      • KDF officers acquire the mission from Lieutenant Atonone.
      • Completing any exploration tour will finish this mission and reward a stipend of dilithium.

No... No, no, no, no, NO!

Guys... what the hell? :confused: Why are you capping the amount of ore that can be earned in a day? Can we please stop this... You have a refinement cap in place to stop stupid amounts of Refined Diltihium from flooding the market. There's no reason to cap Ore earnings like this.

IMO every explore cluster mission (and pvp match) should give a small amount of ore (around 240 say) so people can build up stocks, encourage them to log in on days they normally wouldn't, even if it's only for 10-15 minutes so they can refine it (and play with their Doffs).

You really need to allow people to earn Dilithium their own way, through a playstyle/content they enjoy rather than forcing them in to playstyles they don't.

Basically
    Think about this:

In my own words. Great post Arch Chancellor.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
    ST.16.20111010b.4

General:
    A clarification question about the Galaxy X, from just comparing the C-Store descriptions between Tribble and Holodeck I don't see any stat changes at all. Just confirming this ship hasn't been retuned yet; or is it not being updated at all?

So, has anyone been to the shipyard at ESD and seen if the powers on the Galaxy-X have been changed to consoles, like the Intrepid and Galaxy Refit??? I won't be home from work for about another good 8 hours, and the suspense is killing me!

The ship vendor at ESD seems to have the updated console information...they haven't really updated the C-store text. That's how I broke the news about the Galaxy Refit's science console slot yesterday. Anyone want to return the favor?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Very good news, especially about using ecreds for changing Boffs, that one hurt the most IMO:), love where this is going now!:)
  • Options
    edited October 2011

Exploration tours (Explore 3 Delta Volanis systems, etc.) are no longer daily missions.
    They can be repeated once every half hour for skill points.
    A new daily mission allows you to gain dilithium once per day for completing an exploration tour.
    Starfleet officers can acquire this mission from Lieutenant Grall
    KDF officers acquire the mission from Lieutenant Atonone.
    Completing any exploration tour will finish this mission and reward a stipend of dilithium.

So, even less ways to earn dilithium per day?

What is the point of this with the refining limit?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Id rather the explores had a lower reward, say 480 dilithium, but be repeatable every 1/2 hour as before and get dlithium every time.

Yes, technically you would have to do three explore missions to match the one daily, but at least if someone wants to level by explores, they can do so knowing they get properly rewarded for doing it..

Just and idea ;):D
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    If that's in the build they just released, it should be in the patch notes, no? It was a fairly major issue.

I had not issues with it before. It ranked me up before I spent my skill points and I bought a c-store ship just cause and while it did not complete they quest it did not bug either.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    There's still something I don't understand. If Dilithium Ore is useless in and of itself therefore must be refined before using it and a daily limit has been placed on how much you can refine, why is it necessary to throttle the amount of dilithium ore we can acquire? It's not like we can use it for anything until it is refined and you have already limited the refining. It makes no sense.
  • Options
    edited October 2011

Please, sir...much sooner than later, please.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Galeforce wrote:
    There's still something I don't understand. If Dilithium Ore is useless in and of itself therefore must be refined before using it and a daily limit has been placed on how much you can refine, why is it necessary to throttle the amount of dilithium ore we can acquire? It's not like we can use it for anything until it is refined and you have already limited the refining. It makes no sense.

it isn't technically throttled, unless you're talking about just the dailies. you could make a killing in the events, for instance.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    So, has anyone been to the shipyard at ESD and seen if the powers on the Galaxy-X have been changed to consoles, like the Intrepid and Galaxy Refit??? I won't be home from work for about another good 8 hours, and the suspense is killing me!

The ship vendor at ESD seems to have the updated console information...they haven't really updated the C-store text. That's how I broke the news about the Galaxy Refit's science console slot yesterday. Anyone want to return the favor?

Looks like they are nerfing the dreadnaught cruiser man. check my sig.
  • Options
    edited October 2011

A easy way to fix this might be to allow either...

A) Let all explore dailies from your level down count for dilithium. (IE if your are commander or VA you can explore all the clusters once a day for dilithium)

or

B) Leave all sectors open to explore for dailies for dilithium but limit how many times you can collect from them (IE 3 or 5 explore dailies at VA give you dilithium the rest the usual skill points and EC)

That way no one needs to create anything new.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    ST.16.20111010b.4

General:

Where is the Galaxy X again inside the C-Store?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Nice job on the reskinned Assignment UI, but honestly I prefer the old Order by Time to Completion, rather than what Commendation they offered. An option to toggle this would be awesome. Also, I find the Assignment Log rather underwhelming at best, and a needless confusion and scrolling page aggravation at worst. Rather than having a buggy Completed Assignments or an Assignment Log, how about an individual Doff Assignment Record, so we can see which Doffs we use the most and more importantly, which ones we use the least for the purposes of Relocating and Resettling. Naturally, you might have to re-process the twins and triplets.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Where is the Galaxy X again inside the C-Store?

Nevermind I'm an idiot. Found it.