What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Welcome to the F2P Q&A

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    When I was running around T'Ong Nebula toady, I saw there were about 10 or 12 others in there that seemed to all be doing the same thing I was. I generally Farm 8 to 10, then do a Mission, Rinse and Repeat.

If this goes Free to Play, the Player Numbers should?? Double? Tripple? Quadruple? Who knows?

If that happens, the Numbers a Anomalies will be Sorely Lacking for that volume of players.

Perhaps Dev's could give some thought to Increasing them Prior to or at time of F2P??
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    i Have looked over the matrix and it seems to me i will be paying more for what i allready get i feel that is a little unfair i pay monthly and im ok with that but now i pay more wen the game content is alittle slow from episode to episode i wouldnt mine the extra if the game hade new content every month and not just little things i meen new missions im just alittle on confused i hope i am rong :(
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    When I was running around T'Ong Nebula toady, I saw there were about 10 or 12 others in there that seemed to all be doing the same thing I was. I generally Farm 8 to 10, then do a Mission, Rinse and Repeat.

If this goes Free to Play, the Player Numbers should?? Double? Tripple? Quadruple? Who knows?

If that happens, the Numbers a Anomalies will be Sorely Lacking for that volume of players.

Perhaps Dev's could give some thought to Increasing them Prior to or at time of F2P??

correct me if im wrong, but isnt it already possible to swap instances in nebulas if too many people are in ur area? why shouldnt there be more than one Tong nebula instance after FTP-launch?
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Can I copy my character to Tribble?
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Can I copy my character to Tribble?

No..

At the moment they are not allowing transfers.At least for a few weeks they said.

They want you to test the free to play as if you were a brand new player coming in with nothing but what the game gives you,so that means starting at the beginning with a brand new character.

Later they will be allowing character transfers to Tribble.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Thank you. Do you have to still do the tutorial mission on Tribble?
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Right basically i need to know as sto is becoming free to play now Can i cancel my Lifetime membership And get a refund or will crypic only allow me to cancel my sub and not give me a refund? I need help here urgently,

Thankyou

tom

1. You cannot cancel your Lifetime account
    2. You will not get an refund

You paid for the lifetime and you are stuck with it as they say in marriage "for better or for worse".
    Thank you. Do you have to still do the tutorial mission on Tribble?

Yes you do.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Again, thank you. It's odd that your the same person who helped me with my questions.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Is there a new tutorial mission?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    So let me see if I understand this correctly:

If we make a Tribble character, RIGHT NOW, and level him up for a period of three weeks, once F2P goes to Holodeck, we get rewards? Or is it: once F2P goes to Holodeck, sometime between then and three weeks later, we get the rewards?

The language in that blog post is rather vague.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Look at the STO Wiki. It might give more info. Beyond that, I know as much as you do.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    bargamer wrote: »
    So let me see if I understand this correctly:

If we make a Tribble character, RIGHT NOW, and level him up for a period of three weeks, once F2P goes to Holodeck, we get rewards? Or is it: once F2P goes to Holodeck, sometime between then and three weeks later, we get the rewards?

The language in that blog post is rather vague.

Yeah, well. I didn't expect much from Cryptic at this point. I'm surprised they said what little they have.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I have a question and sorry if it has been asked, there is lot to get through as you can see.

will there be an option to buy a lifetime gold membership?
    and if so will it be priced the same as the current lifetime membership?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Sorry if someone already asked about these,but i dont found in the thread or the faq,but if i go silver im gonna lose the access to my extra boffs when the new boff slot limit be implemented,same for already existent chars,and we will be able to re spec using merits or other in game currency or we gonna be stuck to the c-store re spec token ? :(
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Sorry if this has been covered, so will we Cryptic automatically STOP billing our cards for the membership fees.? :D:rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Right basically i need to know as sto is becoming free to play now Can i cancel my Lifetime membership And get a refund or will crypic only allow me to cancel my sub and not give me a refund? I need help here urgently,

Thankyou

tom

Mayhaps this has already been answered, but I *MUST* contribute, as I'm a lifetime Sub myself.

Basically, when STO goes Free to Play, you'll be a Permanent Gold member - still wont' have to pay a penny, and you'll get all the perks a subscriber would have, same as if the game stayed the same. All we "have" to pay for is anything out of the C-store.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I still would like to know how high/low the cashlimit for free2play users will be/what will happen with the money if i convert a paid account to a f2p one.An official answer would be great in the next 4 or 5 days since this is a Q&A,not only a Q
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    With all the new features being planned out, will Silvers get access to the new DOFF system, and other planned features? what can current subs who intend to go silver expect as far as features, content, etc. will they be grandfathered in to certain features when they cancel or let their subs expire?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Firstly I'm not a lifetime sub but I do despite the game going free to play plan to get one and don’t be blasting me for saying that either I still find it to be more or less worth it, I plan to stay with the game as long as possible.

As it stands though I have a concern with going lifetime and while this may be an easy answer I’d like some clarification since I can’t seem to get a real straight answer though I may have missed it by accident. If the game goes free to play am I

A) Still able to get a lifetime subscription after the transition to F2P?
    B) If so would I get all the same bonuses that one had prior to F2P? As in the borg captain specifically.
    It kind of seems in the matrix under gold Premium Playable Species are unlockable, it kind of sounds like the borg captain would become buyable through the C-Store at that point. I’m also in agreement about the captain’s table thing, I only just got access to it and wasn’t all that impressed, I was kind of expecting it to be a little more useable in the sense of shops, tailors, shipyards and the likes. It’ll be interesting to see how this all plays out in the end.

Also as a side note to those lifetime subscribers who seems to have a mightier than thou attitude, I’m seeing a lot of you referring to those who still pay monthly subscriptions in anywhere from a slightly negative way to a very negative way basically stating that because we didn’t get a lifetime subscription we didn’t put the same “good faith” payment towards the game. *not all in this thread mind you but I have been seeing it a lot as of late*

Essentially to those lifers who have this elitism mentality, some of us who have been paying monthly have at this point “invested” more into the game then some of the lifers here both subscription wise and C-store wise and in that sense I as a monthly subscriber *at the moment* am asking those who have this elitist mentality to please cut the TRIBBLE and I’m not alone in that request, it’s not like some of us monthly subscribers haven’t paid the same investment amount over a period of time. we admit that it does give you a few nicer perks then us regular paying folk but it does not put you above us.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    A) Still able to get a lifetime subscription after the transition to F2P?
    Based on the Dev comments about how Liberated Borg can only be gotten via other means - and then clarified to mean via LTS - yes, it should still be available after FTP goes live.
    B) If so would I get all the same bonuses that one had prior to F2P? As in the borg captain specifically.
    As per the above, yes.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Cosmic_One wrote: »
    Based on the Dev comments about how Liberated Borg can only be gotten via other means - and then clarified to mean via LTS - yes, it should still be available after FTP goes live.

As per the above, yes.

It's been a wise policy to not trust anything Cryptic says lately. They either go back on their word or introduce some pretty shockingly horrible and tasteless ideas. So far, that philosophy has paid off in spades. But boy, I wish I was wrong instead!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I have a great question why is Cryptic trying to @&$? us over? They make all these changes that someone has to be a complete moron to come up with it and then still expect us to play the game. If you want to keep us leave the game alone and just add more content. Dilitheum is a great move, but don't make people have to purchase a low level ship.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Does anybody know if when F2P comes online and dilithium is going to become the universal currency (except for energy credits) will crafting using datasamples/ particles remain the same?

Or will those be lost/replaced with dilithium. I've gotta ton of the stuff and need to know if I've gotta use them now like a fool on fire, or wait and use them as and when I need to.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    maybe i see it wrong, but still, i believe that golden members should, for free or for a discount, at VA get their retrofit T5 ship! at last, we pay for the month!!!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    valantis wrote: »
    maybe i see it wrong, but still, i believe that golden members should, for free or for a discount, at VA get their retrofit T5 ship! at last, we pay for the month!!!!!

That hasn't stopped them from violating their so-called "ethics" in the past. :(
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    tuffyace wrote: »
    I have a great question why is Cryptic trying to @&$? us over? They make all these changes that someone has to be a complete moron to come up with it and then still expect us to play the game. If you want to keep us leave the game alone and just add more content. Dilitheum is a great move, but don't make people have to purchase a low level ship.

While i applaud your effort to justify how you feel and how you expect them think about it, it's a pointless exercise. I just wondered why it took you all this long to realize what i already knew months before PW even took over. As far as Dilithium is concerned (BTW the crystal is BLUE not PINK, change the icon), There was an answer on the FAQ that stated that you can get dilithium by other means within the game, and with this "i want it all, now!" mentallity that seems to be a constant on STO, perhaps you should step back and actually enjoy the game, there are soo many missions on the FED side and by the time you reach LT. Commander, you have picked up about 10 missions or more which gives each player the chance to find dilithium and as well as enjoying the game, give it a chance and if it don't work out wait for TOR to come out or ACR or BF3 or whatever and jump ship.

So now i have returned to the game for just a month and to see how everything is progressing, i must admit that some comments in this section have given some pause into what may go on, and the operative word here is 'may'. I read the FAQ and all that jazz and it brings forward several points that can not be answered until F2P is actually out for more then a month... with that said i am now going to play the F2P part of the game and see if any questions come up that needs answers.

On the same issue, different point, i was disappointed the KDF faction has gone backwards, but not at all surprised by this.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Can't wait for F2P to come online. I will be able to play with my son side by side.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I tried drilling through these forums with no success so I'll just ask, what is going to happen to the characters/resources/etc... on the Tribble Server. Will we just lose all this stuff?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I tried Tribble F2P and it keeps crashing, from what i see, some things have change, but its rather cosmetic.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Subscriptions
    • ACTIVE
    Subscribed For: 627.74 days

I was very happy to hear an game was developed around my favorite movies, games and series.
    Every piece off info i could find was read extensively.

I started playing at beta, then the official game came out and me and two friends bought lifetime membership immidiatly.

And we liked the game and played it a lot, personnaly i started the game 3 times over just for fun.

But eventually the game got boring, i recently started too play the klingon side off things too at least get some time back for my 250 euro + i spend so far into the game.

And now i read about F2P, and the small amount off chages between a full paying member and an non paying player.

And too be honest i was shocked, dissappointed and it felt like a slap in the face.
    Why the hell did i pay so much for a game that turns F2P.

I really hope they will start too make the game more fun again.
    At least giving us paying costumers something worth our money.
This discussion has been closed.