What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Duty Officers 101

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Need some clarification on doff stacking abilities, does it work the same if i stack the same color or different color doffs together? and how does it calculate the chance of the ability happening? does it mean i get a 60% chance of a 5 sec recharge on my torps if i stack 3 purple projectile doffs or am i mistaken here?:p
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Ouyang wrote:
    Need some clarification on doff stacking abilities, does it work the same if i stack the same color or different color doffs together? and how does it calculate the chance of the ability happening? does it mean i get a 60% chance of a 5 sec recharge on my torps if i stack 3 purple projectile doffs or am i mistaken here?:p

Each duty officer's ability is calculated for separately every time the situation arises. If you have multiple duty officers of the same type assigned to active duty, yes, this can mean multiple procs.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    For Ship assignments i've assigned DOFF that fits the Critical success requirements in some cases all of them, yet i never get Critical Success, only Success for the assignments. Am i doing something wrong here or is the chance to get a Critical Success even when meeting all the per-requisites really low?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    MonCapitan wrote:
    For Ship assignments i've assigned DOFF that fits the Critical success requirements in some cases all of them, yet i never get Critical Success, only Success for the assignments. Am i doing something wrong here or is the chance to get a Critical Success even when meeting all the per-requisites really low?

It appears you've answered your own question...

Though it does depend on the mission. Depending on the requirements, (and the Doff quality, which can give crit bonuses across the board) some missions (mostly the lower quality ones...) will give a higher Crit chance then others
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    You can see the chances when you're setting up the assignment. I find it's fairly hard to get the crit rate anywhere in 1-2 doff assignments - 9-12% is optimistic. Big assignments with 5 slots, though, getting 5 carefully picked blues and purples, I've gotten crit rates upwards of 20-30%.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Question: When an assignment has a specialization listed as its "Success" category, do I need a DO of that type for the mission? For example, a science mission might say I need a research scientist for "success". The only one I have is white quality, but a random purple science DO gives +20% to rewards or whatever, and increases the little pie chart's success chance. If I use the purple DO, will the mission succeed, even though the purple DO isn't a research scientist? So far my assignments seem to fail, but I seem to recall seeing something on the forums that indicates purples are better, even if they don't match the success requirement?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Felderburg wrote: »
    Question: When an assignment has a specialization listed as its "Success" category, do I need a DO of that type for the mission? For example, a science mission might say I need a research scientist for "success". The only one I have is white quality, but a random purple science DO gives +20% to rewards or whatever, and increases the little pie chart's success chance. If I use the purple DO, will the mission succeed, even though the purple DO isn't a research scientist? So far my assignments seem to fail, but I seem to recall seeing something on the forums that indicates purples are better, even if they don't match the success requirement?

Success criteria - almost always specialization - impact the chance of Success. Critical criteria - almost always traits - impact the chance of Critical Success.

So, if you put a duty officer with the traits but not the requested specialization, you might see the Success chance stay at 65% but the Critical Success jump from 5% to 10%.

Some assignments slipped through the cracks and are still using the old math, however, so if you run up against any whose numbers barely budge, just flag them here in the forums and I will make sure they get looked at.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I thought quality improved the chance of critical success as well. Purples seem to greatly increase it over green, even if they have no critical traits.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Sakarak wrote:
    I thought quality improved the chance of critical success as well. Purples seem to greatly increase it over green, even if they have no critical traits.

Quality positively impacts both Success and Critical Success as well, correct.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    In the interest of keeping the "DOff 101 Guide" up to date, here's some info on Photonic DOFFs:
    Heretic wrote: »
    I will be checking into the pipeline today the reintroduction of EMHs. Note it will take a while before it makes its way to Holodeck, however.
    Heretic wrote: »
    ...The way it works is:
    • When you hit commendation Tier I in Medical, Military or Engineering, you will be able to replicate for 1000 EC a unique, non-tradable white photonic-species Doctor, Assault Squad Officer or Damage Control Engineer.
    • When you hit commendation Tier II in Medical, Military or Engineering, you will be able to replicate for 10,000 EC a unique, non-tradable green photonic-species Doctor, Assault Squad Officer or Damage Control Engineer.
    • When you hit commendation Tier III in Medical, Military or Engineering, you will be able to replicate for 100,000 EC a unique, non-tradable blue photonic-species Doctor, Assault Squad Officer or Damage Control Engineer.
    • When you hit commendation Tier IV in Medical, Military or Engineering, you will be able to replicate for 1,000,000 EC a unique, non-tradable purple photonic-species Doctor, Assault Squad Officer or Damage Control Engineer.

Other notes:
    • You can have one of each rarity of each particular type of photonic officer, provided you qualify to replicate each officer and pay the requisite energy credits.
    • Photonic officers all have a new trait, "Photonic" - this is using a placeholder icon for now, but is getting its own later.
    • You literally use your replicator to make your officers - no going to the duty officer contact.
    • The duty officer assignments using EMHs have been updated to benefit from the new Photonic trait. Other assignments may later be made to use the Photonic trait as well.
    • The Federation holograms are humans. The KDF holograms are Gorn.
    • The non-Photonic traits a hologram has are fixed, but do change - in some cases - at higher qualities. For example, white holograms all have Stubborn, while the higher qualities do not.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I dunno if this has been discussed already. But what is the point in having up to 400 duty officers if you can only have up to 20 assignments going at the same time? I'm currently at level 49, I have 34 out of the 71 officers on my roster, just sitting on their hands, not doing anything. I can't assign any more to active duty, because all five ground and space slots are full.

So what's the point?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Makes simply deciding who to keep and dismiss a lot easier because you can let them pile up more.
    It reduces the inventory "cost" of having enough fabrication engineers to stack into those missions that use 4 of them. They see very little use otherwise, and if not for a couple specific assignments you'd never want 4 of them.
    It also reduces the inventory cost of keeping space for refugees. They're really useful doffs, since you can drop them off for assylum and get some potentially good doffs for it, but they take up space in the general roster.

200 takes a lot of crew micromanagement out of the system. 400 is... well, 400 is pretty much for obsessive collectors.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Does assigning your First Officer and Department Heads do anything yet? I saw that DHs were supposed to be able to gain abilities from the doffs in their department....I don't see that anywhere. Nor do I really see any use for them other than a bit of RP/fluff.

I'm not complaining, just making sure I'm not missing some functionality. My highest ranking boff is the XO and the others are just randomly assigned.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    nremies1 wrote: »
    Does assigning your First Officer and Department Heads do anything yet? I saw that DHs were supposed to be able to gain abilities from the doffs in their department....I don't see that anywhere. Nor do I really see any use for them other than a bit of RP/fluff.

I'm not complaining, just making sure I'm not missing some functionality. My highest ranking boff is the XO and the others are just randomly assigned.
    The FO and DH as they exist now in the DOff system are purely ornamental. The only affect having them assigned is determining which of your BOs pictures you see when you receive DOff Assignment Recommendations.

A future "First Officer" feature is in the works (but still a long ways away (months?)) that will in some way allow one or more of your BOs to improve themselves by "consuming" your Duty Officer's abilities (by consuming it's meant RP-wise that the DOff will become a part of the BO's personal staff). The current selection process is a babystep in this direction.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Hi,

I tried a search, and can't find an answer, so I'm sorry if this is a repeat question.

I have plenty of crew, but I just got my first light cruiser style ship that has 4 bridge openings, instead of 3, and I can't seem to fill one of the positions.

It's the engineering spot, and when I drop down the menu I only have 2 options...1) Use somebody that already is in another spot, or 2) have nobody.

I've messed around shuffling people into other positions with no resolution.

Am I doing something wrong? How can I get more bridge officers?

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    You can get a bridge officer by;

1. On Earth's Space Dock, there's a lady named Elsa Mora. You can purchase a BOFF from her.

2. Have your duty officers complete recruiting missions for bridge officers.

3. Purchase one on the Exchange.

With option 2, it may not be an engineering officer, so options 1 and 2 may be a better choice if you're looking for something specific. Once you obtain the bridge officer, press your K key on your keyboard to bring up the Skills screen, then click the Stations tab. Your available bridge officers will be listed on the right. Right click your engineer and then click Commission.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    edited March 2012

1. On Earth's Space Dock, there's a lady named Elsa Mora. You can purchase a BOFF from her.

With option 2, it may not be an engineering officer, so options 1 and 2 may be a better choice if you're looking for something specific. Once you obtain the bridge officer, press your K key on your keyboard to bring up the Skills screen, then click the Stations tab. Your available bridge officers will be listed on the right. Right click your engineer and then click Commission.

Hope that helps.

Thanks SO much!
  • Options
    edited March 2012

Hope that helps.

What if when you double click on a newly bought bridge officer, it says "There is no room for another bridge officer"?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Then you don't have any empty slots (visible in your boff list as gray slots below your last commissioned officer). You can dismiss ones you aren't using to replace them, or buy more slots. Boff slots are one of the more restrictive limitations on silvers.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    hevach wrote: »
    Then you don't have any empty slots (visible in your boff list as gray slots below your last commissioned officer). You can dismiss ones you aren't using to replace them, or buy more slots. Boff slots are one of the more restrictive limitations on silvers.

I see...I think. Why would you be able to have a ship with 4 bridge officers if you're not allowed to have 4?

Don't take this wrong...I'm not understanding, really.

Where do you go to get Bridge Officer slots added?

Thanks! :eek:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    radimage69 wrote:
    I see...I think. Why would you be able to have a ship with 4 bridge officers if you're not allowed to have 4?

Don't take this wrong...I'm not understanding, really.

Where do you go to get Bridge Officer slots added?

Thanks! :eek:

Never mind...figured it out. Thank you again.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    any officer - 'success': resolve.

Where does one find DO's with resolve? :o
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    celloman wrote: »
    any officer - 'success': resolve.

Where does one find DO's with resolve? :o

Several of the DS9/gamma quadrant races in the new recruitment and new doff packs have resolve.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    but since the patch this mission to get officers with resolve are gone. i made alot of them before having 35 Doffs with this trait, but now 3 days after the patch still i dont get any dutty officer exchange missions.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    It's not missing, it's just at its intended rarity. I've started a few exchange missions in the last two days. It's just got an actual cooldown instead of begin able to pick it up before the last one even finishes.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Two Quick Questions that I'm stuck with:

1. Elizabeth Mohr has Resolve but will not slot into a Fabricate Prototype Console Assignment. Is that intended?

2. My Chef has completed 3 of the Culinary mission chain but not the fourth and they have yet to show for him. I was under the impression that chain steps would always be available in the new setup for Chefs/Bartenders was this changed or did I mis-read that?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Powerhelm wrote: »
    Two Quick Questions that I'm stuck with:

1. Elizabeth Mohr has Resolve but will not slot into a Fabricate Prototype Console Assignment. Is that intended?

2. My Chef has completed 3 of the Culinary mission chain but not the fourth and they have yet to show for him. I was under the impression that chain steps would always be available in the new setup for Chefs/Bartenders was this changed or did I mis-read that?

Elizabeth Mohr is an Advisor, and thus a Civilian; the Fabricate assignment doesn't accept civilians.

The Chef ship interior contact chain has some bad requirement checks on the contact; a fix for these is in the pipeline.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Heretic wrote:
    Elizabeth Mohr is an Advisor, and thus a Civilian; the Fabricate assignment doesn't accept civilians.

The Chef ship interior contact chain has some bad requirement checks on the contact; a fix for these is in the pipeline.

Ah good to know on both parts. I found it a bit confusing because it simply says "Resolve" and nothing else about officer type.

Also, would it be possible to add more trophy spots in place of the various plants on board our ships, add a "Unusual Sample" to the scanning mini-game loot table, then have a doff assignment to convert it into a trophy of some type that can be placed in some of these spots (like my ready room). It would be neat to have some method of trophy manufacture or trophies, in general, integrated into DOFFs, maybe plaques for Tier 4 to hang on my wall.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I have been doing the Support (Bla) colonization Efforts Doff assignment klingon side, the name might not be 100% correct for the Klingon vision, but the point is that I got a prisoner instead of a Refugee, is that a bug or are the kligon side just gonna have another Doff assignment that rewards prisoners??

Another thing, I seem to recall that it was said that if we reassign 5 Doff of the same type we would get 1 Doff of the same type just 1 rare grade higher, example: 5 common diplomats = reward 1 uncommon diplomat. I think it was metioned in a patch update.

Any assignments out there that will grant you Ferengi Doffs and only Ferengies?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Yes, the Klingon "Support Expansion Efforts" gives prisoners instead of refugees.

There is a "Ferengi Cultural Exchange" assignment that I found last night (think it was in the Personal list, I'll check when I get home), pretty sure that was the first time I'd seen that assignment in 3 months of doffing - either they added it recently (I've noticed a lot of other "new" assignments as well), or it simply doesn't pop very often.