What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Duty Officers 101

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    1. Earlier this month it was in the patch notes that bridge officers now benefit from your ground roster, so yes. I haven't seen it happen with my engineers' turrets, but then I'm not that attentive to my swarm of disposable TRIBBLE, it's possible they got the extra and I just assumed it was one of their regulars - they rarely get everything down unless I force them to.
    2. There's an active roster stacking limit to most, if not all doffs. Some can only do one, some can do two or three.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    hevach wrote: »
    1. Earlier this month it was in the patch notes that bridge officers now benefit from your ground roster, so yes. I haven't seen it happen with my engineers' turrets, but then I'm not that attentive to my swarm of disposable TRIBBLE, it's possible they got the extra and I just assumed it was one of their regulars - they rarely get everything down unless I force them to.
    2. There's an active roster stacking limit to most, if not all doffs. Some can only do one, some can do two or three.

I'm pretty sure that Heretic said awhile back, that it would be a massive undertaking to get the DOff's to also benefit your BOffs...

I've read all the Patch Notes and I don't remember seeing that listed, could you provide a link to that.

(I'm going to go looking for Heretic's quote and will post it here when I find it.)
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    He did say that, but it seems to have been enough of a sticking point for many people (both lack of clarity and lack of usability for some kits) to push it through.
    Bridge officers on the ground will now take advantage of your active rostered duty officers.
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=239637
    November 4th patch.

Boff tooltips were showing doff effects before that, but weren't actually getting the effect. Now they're supposed to be getting the effect, but like I said, I haven't taken the time to personally confirm it.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    hevach wrote: »
    He did say that, but it seems to have been enough of a sticking point for many people (both lack of clarity and lack of usability for some kits) to push it through.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=239637
    November 4th patch.

Boff tooltips were showing doff effects before that, but weren't actually getting the effect. Now they're supposed to be getting the effect, but like I said, I haven't taken the time to personally confirm it.

<best Capt Kirk imitation>

(or worst)...

"...I stand corrected..."

:)

Missed that line in the Nov 4th Notes... thank you.

I'm going to have to try it too. :D
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Execute for Incompetance: Why can't I execute someone who is lying in my sickbay? I have to heal him THEN kill him? I don't want to pay this morons medical bill
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Are the doff buffs currently working or offline? I remember them being taken off, but I don't
    recall seeing them being put back on.
    Q
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Quills wrote:
    Are the doff buffs currently working or offline? I remember them being taken off, but I don't
    recall seeing them being put back on.
    Q

The Transwarp one hasn't worked to my knowledge, since it first showed up.

But I think you're right, all the DOff buffs on my toon sit at Zero.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Could we have the ability to "save" missions for future use?
    I am in zone "a" but cant do mission "aa" at the moment. If, an hour later I get the req to do the mission, I can just do the mission rather than flying all the way back to zone "a".
    Just a suggestion.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    The Transwarp one hasn't worked to my knowledge, since it first showed up.

But I think you're right, all the DOff buffs on my toon sit at Zero.

I think he's asking about the old buffs you got from shipboard assignments, not the active roster. Those are still turned off.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    The shipboard buff assignments will come back as soon as I have a free three or so days to power through them. Unfortunately, I haven't had that kind of a window as yet.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    How about them diplomacy boffs? The buffs were nice, but I think you'll get some complaints if something listed in the rewards isn't back in when the build goes live.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Heretic wrote:
    The shipboard buff assignments will come back as soon as I have a free three or so days to power through them. Unfortunately, I haven't had that kind of a window as yet.

So this should be by 2020, right :) ....

I just know you are very busy fixing everything we have reported to you and saying you might not get any "Free" days for a long, long time ......
    Keep up the great work you have been doing with the DOFF system, the only thing about F2P that I'm looking forward to .....

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I still think that that the assigned DOffs, active space and ground, should be listed or somehow tied to the Department Heads, as if to say the DOffs answer to them who answer to you as the Captain.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just gotta say, I love the DOff system. Handy for picking up odds and ends and dilithium... but mainly because it's more like running a ship with a crew rather than just a small cast.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For some reason I'm not seeing it in this post, but how do you get more Doffs once you are at max level besides simply buying them from the c-store?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nagus, the only way I see is by leveling up in the categories. Although I was capped diplo which translated to level 4 in that one and I don't have the blue that says I should have received...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For some reason I'm not seeing it in this post, but how do you get more Doffs once you are at max level besides simply buying them from the c-store?

1. Recruitment assignments from the academies.
    2. Tiering up commendation categories gives you a free one.
    3. Tiering up commendation category opens a dilithium store for more duty officers of that type.
    4. Rewards from some rare assignments.
    5. Exchange
    6. C-Store
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Heretic wrote:
    3. Tiering up commendation category opens a dilithium store for more duty officers of that type.
    5. Exchange
    6. C-Store

Where is the dilithum store?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Heretic wrote:

n00b question here, but what NPC gives those?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

None. Just beam into the map and check available assignments. If the recruitment ones are available they'll be listed.

Z
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Heretic wrote:
    5. Exchange
    6. C-Store

Since people while leveling up are supposed to get more doffs than the 'first starter pack/group', are people who were already past those levels going to get those sets of doffs? Or are people were already VA, for example, when this went live just out of luck?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Not a NPC, it's from assignments I believe
    Since people while leveling up are supposed to get more doffs than the 'first starter pack/group', are people who were already past those levels going to get those sets of doffs? Or are people were already VA, for example, when this went live just out of luck?

Plenty of DOffs in the Exchange :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You get them from fera i think her name is.. and she is at starfleet academy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Heretic wrote:
    5. Exchange
    6. C-Store

You also forgot:

7. Purchased using Borg STF loot drops at the STF vendors on DS9.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sardoc wrote:
    Plenty of DOffs in the Exchange :)

For outrageous amounts anyone who spends 100K+ on a white doff is either lazy or desperate, which is a far cry form free for Doffs we are supposed to have gotten and would have gotten if we had leveled up past those levels after Season 5 went live.

Plus there still is that oops you bought a Doff of the other faction... you can't use that doff for anything... but your still out the money. They don't even have a warning like the Boffs do as to which faction the Boff is part of.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For outrageous amounts anyone who spends 100K+ on a white doff is either lazy or desperate, which is a far cry form free for Doffs we are supposed to have gotten and would have gotten if we had leveled up past those levels after Season 5 went live.

Plus there still is that oops you bought a Doff of the other faction... you can't use that doff for anything... but your still out the money. They don't even have a warning like the Boffs do as to which faction the Boff is part of.

You know, if you successfully complete the "Tour the Universe" event, you'll earn 350,000 EC within less than an hour.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Recruitment assignments are sector assignments, most frequently in the academy, but also on ESD and Qo'noS, and more rarely other places as well.

Powerhelm wrote: »
    You also forgot:
    7. Purchased using Borg STF loot drops at the STF vendors on DS9.

Those, too, yep.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info. Looking forward to playing around with the new DOFF system :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's a bug and being worked on. When fixed, you will automatically get the missing Level-up Booster Packs:
    jheinig wrote: »
    I'm actually working RIGHT NOW on fixing the bonus DOFF issue so that all old characters will get their bonus packs from level 12, 22, 32, and 42 (or 24, 27, 32, and 42 for Klingons).
    jheinig wrote: »
    You will auto-magically receive the bonus DOFFs on your existing (pre-Season 5) characters when this patch goes in.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It's a bug and being worked on. When fixed, you will automatically get the missing Level-up Booster Packs:

Cool answered my question. I bought some random DOFF pack off the C-Store. Let's just say I was less than pleased with the selection I received in exchange for my CPoints.

What exactly is the filter on the request page for? I requested certain traits and abilities before I purchased my pack and I got no where near the DOFF's that I requested via that filter.