test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tweetleaks from Denis, Stahl, & Stormy, human badge, new turret, & DTNE DevDiary.

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    As someone who mainly uses engineers. Burst Turret sounds yummy.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    What would have really been epic is if they got 2 players both using the turrets and had the turrets shooting each other :p
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    As someone who mainly uses engineers. Burst Turret sounds yummy.

indeed. wonder if it'll be a new ability though.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Maybe a replacement for Orbital Flashlight?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Katic wrote: »

Doubtful. The pic names the ability as "Gatling Phaser Burst Turret III". Sounds like it's a kit power. Or maybe a BO power.
  • Options
    edited June 2011

I thought we all agreed to call it "Orbital Tickle"?

I also play engineer mostly and Daddy wants a gatling phaser turret. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Orbital Flashlight, Orbital Tickle, Orbital "Oh was that supposed to do damage? Oops.."

doesn't matter, needs either a buff vs NPCs (no balance issues) or to be replaced by a power that's more useful.

And as someone who plays all three Careers, I would like to see some tweetleaks that show off some Tac & Sci powers..
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'd also like some Sci and Tac powers taken away in social area's. I'm sick of it just being the engineers. We just lost drones. We had a lot of fun with drones.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I don't understand the purpose of the human badge or the others we've seen so far; could be sowing the seeds of xenophobia. :rolleyes:

*Hears the whispers of Terra Prime on ESD*
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Mailman653 wrote: »
    I don't understand the purpose of the human badge or the others we've seen so far; could be sowing the seeds of xenophobia. :rolleyes:

*Hears the whispers of Terra Prime on ESD*

I believe they've said that each is an account-wide unlock that comes from having a species unlocked.

Now... I think that's partly to add value to C-Store species, some of which were weak sellers.

But I think, long term, that's a cue that they're looking at Free-to-Play with Silver Subscribers getting fewer species unlocked than the core game includes and having to buy Vulcans/Andorians/etc.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I believe they've said that each is an account-wide unlock that comes from having a species unlocked.

Now... I think that's partly to add value to C-Store species, some of which were weak sellers.

But I think, long term, that's a cue that they're looking at Free-to-Play with Silver Subscribers getting fewer species unlocked than the core game includes and having to buy Vulcans/Andorians/etc.

Yeah, this is a good assumption. I really like the Andorian and Vulcan badges specifically...definitely planning on using them.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Orbital Flashlight, Orbital Tickle, Orbital "Oh was that supposed to do damage? Oops.."

doesn't matter, needs either a buff vs NPCs (no balance issues) or to be replaced by a power that's more useful.

And as someone who plays all three Careers, I would like to see some tweetleaks that show off some Tac & Sci powers..

Hey when the enemy is in a tight cluster with every single one of them exposed and there shields down then you will wish that you had the Orbital flashlight which happens every...... Split beam would probably work better. As for the turret I am excited for variance in the type of turret because then we won't just have the lame phaser shot from the regular turret. I hope a sniper rifle like turret gets added.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    already commented on the Dev Diary in the other thread
    Human badge looks good :) though... the top part of Asia seems a bit too... north
    and i love the idea of a gatling phaser turret! :D
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Don't worry, there was a dev post in my mega-thread (Miniguns, Shotguns, Rifles, Oh My!) that kit abilities for engineers including Orbital Meow-Meow were getting rebalanced. Even generators were getting their buffs buffed to be constant through their radius.

Edit: Source
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Don't worry, there was a dev post in my mega-thread (Miniguns, Shotguns, Rifles, Oh My!) that kit abilities for engineers including Orbital Meow-Meow were getting rebalanced. Even generators were getting their buffs buffed to be constant through their radius.

Edit: Source

Also Klingons will be getting disruptors for turrets, Drones and Orbital Strike. In fact I'm working on them as I type this message.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    GT01 wrote: »
    Doubtful. The pic names the ability as "Gatling Phaser Burst Turret III". Sounds like it's a kit power. Or maybe a BO power.

Well, your character's personal powers (like Security Team, Orbital Strike, etc) start off at '<Power> I' and increase up to '<Power> III' as your character levels. So, it could very well be a replacement for Orbital Strike, or could indeed be a BOFF or Kit power. We'll just have to wait and see.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Also Klingons will be getting disruptors for turrets, Drones and Orbital Strike. In fact I'm working on them as I type this message.

SWEEEEEETTTTT!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2011

FINALLY. Let's hope the Klingon Drones look suitably malicious. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Sweet music to my hears. I am thankful to you and the team to add this custom touch to the KDF.... Again, thank you!
  • Options
    edited June 2011

So like the Gorn, another 9 months or so of waiting?

;)
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, this is a good assumption. I really like the Andorian and Vulcan badges specifically...definitely planning on using them.

I just hope that the "Vulcan" badge (for example) won't be limited to characters and boffs with the "Vulcan" race.

I really prefer the versatility provided by the AlienGen, that lets me make my bridge crew and characters all Klingons if I want, or change them to all Humans, or whatever mix I feel like. I have some that "look like Humans or Vulcans" and I'd really like to be able to use the Vulcan and/or Human badges on them, bust as one might want to use the Andorian badge on a custom built AlienGen that was made to resemble, say, an Aenar.

I hope it's gonna be open. It would be really cool to equip my "Free Trader" Captain with a Ferengi badge, and I might just buy the C-store races to unlock their badges. (finally a reason to buy the Ferengi).
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Oh! That's fantastic!
    GT01 wrote: »
    FINALLY. Let's hope the Klingon Drones look suitably malicious. :D
    Aye, they needs spikes and sharp teethy-like things! :D
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Hehehehehehee.. :evilgrin:
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Is this just a visual change, or will they have the Disruptor proc?

If the latter, would we be able to trade the relevant kits to the other faction? Giving Klingon characters Phaser kits and Federation characters Disruptor kits if the player wishes.
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Hell yeah!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Three pages and no one has commented on the half-pic of a Combat Exocomp? C'mon, people! I doubt he just forgot it was onscreen...
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Very nice! My main KDF is an engineer so looking forward to this :)
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Oh come on. Can't we have one thread without bringin in the F2P stuff WE KNOW isn't happening. New Badges. WE MUST BE GOING FREE TO PLAY LULZ.

seriously. its getting annoying.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I really hope that the ground turret might lead to a phaser turret for ships like the WoK ones..... I can dream :)
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Three pages and no one has commented on the half-pic of a Combat Exocomp? C'mon, people! I doubt he just forgot it was onscreen...

Was just looking to see if somebody mentioned this. At first I thought it was the bow end of some weird looking shuttle, but squinting at the title bar got me excited.