Arc Integration General Discussion/Feedback

Options

Comments

• Blue__Lycan - Sanctuary
    Blue__Lycan - Sanctuary Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    The Arcopolypse is among us!

Seriously? What is with PWE's hard-on for Arc? Nobody wants that useless ****, it just makes life harder for EVERYONE. Sure you say it makes your life easier... but what does it REALLY do for you? Put news posts together for other useless games when nobody plays more then 1 or 2 games each? Let people communicate no more then they already could? I just see a wannabe Steam and a wannabe internet browser. Get over yourselves with the Arc thing, a lot of people are willing to quit over it.

Oh, and notice how all the comments saying similar things are going ignored, where the more useless ones aren't.
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    "fully integrating into arc" meaning we wont be able to start the game the normal way (launcher/patcher w/e) anymore and HAVE to install arc to be able to even play?
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    The Arcopolypse is among us!

Oh, and notice how all the comments saying similar things are going ignored, where the more useless ones aren't.
    They like to pretend that everyone is totally on board with this so they can sleep at night >.> Maybe there would be more constructive response if people would be less rageful in their discourse. I understand the rage, I have it too, buuut I know if I'm all "go die in a fire" about it, it gets me nowhere.

I really have nothing constructive to say about this, I know it's a losing battle. They're gunna do what they're gunna do, and in the end we're all left with 2 choices, either suck it up, or quit. I can't decide whether I'm so attached to my chars and the friends I've made here to put up with whatever they throw at us in spite of my rage, or so tired with the mismanagement of the community and game in general that I can't stand to support it anymore.
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    PWE/Arc Games/Whatsoever

Quit that stupid "full integration", "forced Arc usage" idea until you make Arc useful.

Keep in mind

Before you make Arc 'mandatory', It should:
    1 - Be able to save the integrated games configurations using relative paths and inside Arc folder (not the registry) so that moving "PWE" folder wouldn't make Arc nor any of the games to stop working. (even in between windows installations and computers, why would you want this data transferences to be 'illegal'/difficulted?)
    2 - Make Arc able to update the games and run them directly (no launchers/patchers in between)
    3 - Make Arc's Login bypass game's login screen.
    4 - Also, Why can't I open 2 Arc clients in parallel? Is there any evil I could do if I could log 2 different Arc accounts in parallel in 2 different Arc clients?

THEN, and ONLY THEN you can say Arc is any useful, until then Arc is just a piece of ****.

Now talking about management.

What you guys think you're doing:
    - Giving a more social integrated user experience (and secretly putting billing options everywhere in the user's faces)

What you're really doing:
    - Pissing users off with 1 manager, 1 login screen that are of no use at all.
    - Putting billing options everywhere on user's faces being that:
    you have 3 groups of players:
    - Those who pay (they dont need you to spam them with billing options everywhere, they know how to get to billing.perfectworld.com by themselves).
    - Those who will never spend a dime (You shouldn't bother with those they will NEVER spend a dime)
    - Those who buys eventually (they also know very well how to get to billing.perfectworld.com)

So

What is the real purpose of ARC? Pissing off the users? if so its very effective.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    PWI's developers and Arc's developers are completely different. PWI dev's work for Wanmei in Beijing. Arc Dev's work for PWE in California.

Sylen, I'm well aware of the difference. I haven't played all these years not to know this info. What I'm more worried about is the compatibility of a bugged up game like this and Arc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Wait this **** is serious

I just found out that you can click here 'Add games -> Add existing game'

Tho, it doesn't recognize as being PWI.

Edit: Also, just like I foresaw, the overlay has 2 options: Game news (which brings a VERY SLOWASS browser onto the screen) and guess what, Add Zhen (Which also brings a slow thing on screen)

That's not integration, thats overwolf with Chantilly
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PLC - Harshlands
    PLC - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    As you may have all been aware, massive amount of playerbase will leave on April 2nd, 2014 and hopefully never look back.

With that arc **** PWI acts like a raper jumping on its unwanting victim, enuff is enuff.

We need to all draw the line here and consider if we want mouth fed bull **** like that in our lives.

Oh how i hope PWI gets what it deserves - the biggest backfire in its history !

Maybe completely boycott PWI?
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Like i said:

There are 3 groups of software consumers:

- Those who will pay for your software (if they like your software they will pay to use it)
    - Those who will never pay for your software
    - And those who will eventually pay for your software.

Forcing Arc is just hurting their good customers, once bad customers may just ragequit. A non-paying user ragequitting is no gain and no loss, a paying user ragequitting is a big loss.

Overcomplicating people's experience leads to this kinds of ****, you know.

When talking about software, you should never focus on having non-payers to pay, you should instead focus on giving your payers a good experience and keep them paying.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    So it happening.
    That was to be expected, it was going to happen sooner or later. We had to see it coming, if you didn't you were just trying to ignore it but I think most of you knew this is going to happen eventually.

With that said...I'm secretly hoping Sylen will find a work around this..somehow...do your magic sir D:

My advice to Mr. Soft... you guys better work as fast as possible to make multi client possible in Arc. A lot of people need the ability to multi client for reasons such quickly reseting instances during Nuema farming, having (an) opener(s) ready for PV runs (really needed for those trying to level) and other stuff.

I also hope Arc doesn't slow the computer down too much. Many people won't be willing to kill their computers to play, as I know there's quite a number of people that play on older computers around here.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Devilskarma - Raging Tide
    Devilskarma - Raging Tide Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    There are 3 groups of software consumers:

- Those who will pay for your software (if they like your software they will pay to use it)
    - Those who will never pay for your software
    - And those who will eventually pay for your software.

A non-paying user ragequitting is no gain and no loss.

When talking about software, you should never focus on having non-payers to pay, you should instead focus on giving your payers a good experience and keep them paying.

You are correct in stating there are 3 types of players :

1. - Heavy Cash Payers.
    2. - True Free Players.
    3. - Everything In Between.

However, "A non-paying user ragequitting is no gain and no loss..." THIS is NOT true at all. As much as these companies NEED the Heavy Cash Payers to operate given costs and to make profits, losing their True Free Players will absolutely wreak havoc on those Heavy Cash Payers game experience. Consider what would happen if a game such as PWI is entirely composed of just the Heavy Cash Payers after all other players abandoned it... there would be no game. And what PWE just has never seemed to get through it's obnoxiously greedy lil brain cell, is exactly this concept.

So PWI is closing all it's servers April 2nd? Good to know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    As you may have all been aware, Arc Integration is coming April 2nd, 2014. For more information, see here:
    http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/pwi/detail/3038993-arc-integration

At least now i have a quitting date for PWI/
    Cheers Sparkie
  • AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver
    AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    At least now i have a quitting date for PWI/
    Cheers Sparkie

Why wait?
  • Miqqo - Harshlands
    Miqqo - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    At least for me, Arc couldn't figure out my old game installation and I was forced to download the whole thing again. Not a major thing with my fast connection, but annoying. Knowing the potential issues, I decided to accept Arc today already instead of working on it the day it becomes mandatory.
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    As you may have all been aware, Arc Integration is coming April 2nd, 2014. For more information, see here:
    http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/pwi/detail/3038993-arc-integration

Just a question. With server plagued with mass disconnects, longer then usual maintenance times and server issues that cause down times of 7+ hours, and roll backs, why would you go through and implement arc before any of these issues are fixed?

Why does pwe sweep problems under the table and bring out new things that WILL cause new problems?

Also can you guarantee the players that arc will work 100%?

Id like an answer to all 3 questions please.
    NGTUy53.png

• sm3ag0l
    sm3ag0l Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    i refuse to install that spyware drenched arc its just lame you guys have to **** us over to pay a game i'm gone for sure if that arc shet gets mandatory i'm not letting me force to use some stupid not working piece of **** thats called arc :laugh

luckily some new awesome non pwi games are coming out soon so i dont really worry about something new to playb:surrender
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Sparkie, you do realise we dont want this?
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Samaranight - Sanctuary
    Samaranight - Sanctuary Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    If no multi-client, I'm done.
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    12 days until I stop playing.

At least until like 8 months later when they might actually have it working. Or as any other company would call it pre-alpha. b:chuckle

I will not be redownloading the client ever again.

Aside from collecting more primal blood each day and amassing more and more coins with everything I would use them for continuing to have their prices jacked up on a daily basis...there really isn't much to keep me here.

I'm a few nuemas away from done, a few meridians away from done, and due to everyone I know reawakening in weird random times I haven't actually played with anyone on my FL or faction in months really.

There are about 30 people on HT basically keeping the server from being a total ghost town most nights. Then again, I have so many trolls on my BL for all I know the place is all abustle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    -sigh-
    Well now you're really wanting to put bloatware on my pc huh o_o
    I might take a hiatus.. unless the player base will plan a mass walkout to raise the attention that we do not want arc.
    If anyone wants to pm me about playing with me somewhere else for a bit i'm more then happy to say :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • v/ - Sanctuary33
    v/ - Sanctuary33 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    People need to stop saying "No one wants Arc." I know some that are looking forward to arc. That being their own opinion and all.

Desdi, no one NEEDS to multi client, we didn't do it 5 years ago an the game was fine. its called working together to accomplish ones goals. The use of multi clienting has eliminated this now and I see a lot of players not knowing what their toons can do or how to use them, of course FCC buying/selling didn't help this any, but that is another topic altogether.
  • lyzbeth
    lyzbeth Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    you can multi client .. i have ARC n currently have two clients running
    just open your game client via arc more then once as long as they r 2 different accounts youll have no problems.

also, you dont have to re-install pwi just DL arc which is a fast 5 maybe 10 minutes of your time. its very simple to use and ive had no issues with it at all .. and i was one who refused the DL for a long time.

RELAX and BREATHE PEOPLE! b:laugh
  • Yaasborn - Harshlands
    Yaasborn - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    lyzbeth wrote: »
    you can multi client .. i have ARC n currently have two clients running
    just open your game client via arc more then once as long as they r 2 different accounts youll have no problems.

also, you dont have to re-install pwi just DL arc which is a fast 5 maybe 10 minutes of your time. its very simple to use and ive had no issues with it at all .. and i was one who refused the DL for a long time.

RELAX and BREATHE PEOPLE! b:laugh

That's the thing, this will all change soon. Soon you wont be able to launch your second client anymore because you will have to have ARC running, and it will say PWI client is already running.

You will NEED arc to recognize your already installed PWI, otherwise it will say you do not have PWI installed, aka you will not be able to play it.

they are FORCING us to completely reinstall PWI through the ARC client, and that's the reason ALOT of people are MAD MAD MAD
  • lyzbeth
    lyzbeth Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    i do have ARC running and opened both thru arc .. i am not even using the normal client anymore

and NO i did not have to re-install pwi . once again I AM NOT running either one thru the old shortcut .. BOTH r thru ARC

once again .. BREATHE! good god ppl!
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    People need to stop saying "No one wants Arc." I know some that are looking forward to arc. That being their own opinion and all.

Desdi, no one NEEDS to multi client, we didn't do it 5 years ago an the game was fine. its called working together to accomplish ones goals. The use of multi clienting has eliminated this now and I see a lot of players not knowing what their toons can do or how to use them, of course FCC buying/selling didn't help this any, but that is another topic altogether.

There are people that want to play while having a shop up on another client and others that want to solo instances for Nuema and don't want to bother faction/friends every 5-10 minutes to reset.

Then there are people that have two different toons in two different factions and want to be able to talk in both at the same time.
    People that share gear among toons and need to trade between two toons without risking to hand said gear to a "friend" so said "friend" can trade it to them. Why should I risk trading my gear to someone or have to wait an hour for my mail to arrive?

There are many reasons people use multi-clienting. You're right, we didn't have this 5 years ago and we did fine but that's precisely the point; that was 5 years ago. It's been around for a long time and it has been part of the game.

This and FCC doesn't have that much of an impact on one's ability to play the game. People are over-exaggerating. The difference was that you don't have lvl70 noobs but lvl100 noobs. There are people that FCC'd their toons, then spent some time learning game mechanics and how to play and are fine and there are people playing this game for years, names I've seen around for ages, and still can't play properly.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • CuldyVen - Heavens Tear
    CuldyVen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    As soon as ARC CRAPWARE becomes mandatory I am quitting. Pay attention folks because I am not the only one who will be and when you have next to no player base no one will want to play a game that is deserted.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2014
    Options
    sm3ag0l wrote: »
    i refuse to install that spyware drenched arc its just lame you guys have to **** us over to pay a game i'm gone for sure if that arc shet gets mandatory i'm not letting me force to use some stupid not working piece of **** thats called arc :laugh

luckily some new awesome non pwi games are coming out soon so i dont really worry about something new to playb:surrender
    Where do you people get the idea that it's drenched in spyware?

It doesn't have any more tracking in it than 80% of the websites you visit, and you can even opt-out if you want. The password saving ability is also an option and it's got a damn strong encryption on it. Even knowing the method used to encrypt it, I haven't cracked it yet.

Currently, the features it has, work. And quite impressively too. It's got a small footprint, and is less invasive in your gaming than Overwolf.

And if you bothered to actually look into it, you would have come across at least two of my threads about Arc. One of which is pretty detailed on it's functions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

It doesn't have any more tracking in it than 80% of the websites you visit, and you can even opt-out if you want. The password saving ability is also an option and it's got a damn strong encryption on it. Even knowing the method used to encrypt it, I haven't cracked it yet.

Currently, the features it has, work. And quite impressively too. It's got a small footprint, and is less invasive in your gaming than Overwolf.

And if you bothered to actually look into it, you would have come across at least two of my threads about Arc. One of which is pretty detailed on it's functions.

This man. Right here. Winner.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I dont think it matters to most people anymore...so many have left the game already, there has never been a better time to do whatever they like. *shrugs*
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

Because of your threads, I have grown *somewhat* more accepting of it. However, they have a track record of releasing things before they are ready to be released, and this is no exception.

People have been complaining about problems like it not recognizing an already downloaded game (which it is doing to me), and that should be fixed. It has also been acknowledged that multiclienting will not work once it is integrated (it works now, but not for other integrated games, so we know what is coming), and rather than stating they are working on that they should just wait until it works before announcing this integration.

Please, do not once again force something upon us that is BROKEN. Get it running smoothly first and then maybe we would be more accepting of it.

Edit: Sparkie, I just have to add that adding that link to your post is just irritating. You do realize it only repeats what you said and gives absolutely zero relevant information? Someone should make sure there is a writeup with detailed information before you post something like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • JYUUU - Harshlands
    JYUUU - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    As soon as ARC CRAPWARE becomes mandatory I am quitting. Pay attention folks because I am not the only one who will be and when you have next to no player base no one will want to play a game that is deserted.

Just **** quit then, no one gives a **? All we see are nubs bitchin for something u have to use once a week for an update. You ******* always have a reason to QQ about. Just get over it & quit, lowbie not even dropping 1 cent in the game are always the one complaining.