Arc Integration General Discussion/Feedback

Options
sparkiesoft
sparkiesoft Posts: 47
edited April 2015 in General Discussion
As you may have all been aware, Arc Integration is coming April 2nd, 2014. For more information, see here:
http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/pwi/detail/3038993-arc-integration

For those of you having trouble getting Arc to recognize your game, go here: http://support.arcgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4275/~/%28arc%29-registry-repair-tool
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    First, expected a link lol.
  • sparkiesoft
    edited March 2014
    Options
    First, expected a link lol.

Updated! Had to finish the blog before I could post the link haha.
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    2nd!!
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • Hunkary - Dreamweaver
    Hunkary - Dreamweaver Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    What about east coast servers? They're still offline buddy...
    105/105/103

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/Hunkary - PWI Videos!

TW, NW, PvE and PvP videos :D
  • sparkiesoft
    edited March 2014
    Options
    What about east coast servers? They're still offline buddy...

All that info is here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1680201

Keep an eye out on that and we will update it as we get news.
  • Hunkary - Dreamweaver
    Hunkary - Dreamweaver Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    All that info is here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1680201

Yup, I'm checking it every 10 minutes or so. :P Just thought it would be easier to contact you in here, since people are not spamming this thread.

Anyway, won't keep this thread out of it's topic.

Let's see if Arc will be better than the old engine :P Hope there's a good DQ Rewards in here as well b:chuckle
    105/105/103

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/Hunkary - PWI Videos!

TW, NW, PvE and PvP videos :D
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Sorry, but this doesn't say anything we don't know. I was specting some information about how you are going to handle DQ rewards, or how/what is going to be integrated to arc.

But it is ok if you still don't know (it is really not your department), and I am aware information doesn't come out right away.

Btw, it is funny how East coast post is getting like 5 post per minute b:chuckle
  • obsceneyouare
    obsceneyouare Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    where is our DQ system with arc?
    b:angryb:angryb:angry
  • sparkiesoft
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Sorry, but this doesn't say anything we don't know. I was specting some information about how you are going to handle DQ rewards, or how/what is going to be integrated to arc.

But it is ok if you still don't know (it is really not your department), and I am aware information doesn't come out right away.

Btw, it is funny how East coast post is getting like 5 post per minute b:chuckle

Indeed. I'll be updating it with information as I get it. For now, we just have the planned integration, along with dual clients being worked on.
  • Elflynn - Heavens Tear
    Elflynn - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I want my blessing and my DQ awards. Please fix this asap. I am highly disappointed with ARC thus far.
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I want my blessing and my DQ awards. Please fix this asap. I am highly disappointed with ARC thus far.

Adblock/ARC code blessings on forums for ARC client
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    As you may have all been aware, Arc Integration is coming April 2nd, 2014. For more information, see here:

Does this mean that after that date, Arc will be required to launch PWI?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    What is your problem... You're STILL trying to force arc on us when we clearly don't want it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Peccable - Raging Tide
    Peccable - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    yey more foreced **** that no one wants.
    as if we wouldn't have enough broken things no one attends to.
    yet another thing that will break (more, sicne it already is broken).
    b:spit
  • pkdos
    pkdos Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    nothing new about east cost servers¿?
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    A void and null post with no information at all b:angry

You guys should be concerned about making arc recognize/add "Manually specify previously installed Game" folder.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Since there is no more "CORE Connect" would it be safe to assume that ARC will be taking over the DQ Rewards integration like they did with "CORE Connect?"?
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sparkiesoft
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Does this mean that after that date, Arc will be required to launch PWI?

Yes.
    Since there is no more "CORE Connect" would it be safe to assume that ARC will be taking over the DQ Rewards integration like they did with "CORE Connect?"?

That is the plan, although it could very well not happen. Again, I don't have a lot of information on that yet, but I'll post it when I get it.
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Yes.

That is the plan, although it could very well not happen. Again, I don't have a lot of information on that yet, but I'll post it when I get it.

You PWE guys are stupid.
    Once Arc is optional okay, its good and all, because its a download/revision tool

But there is no reason to force that useless **** on players.

Even less reason to enforce that ****, knowing it wont recognise previously installed Games and wont integrate with them.

You just went full ******, you should never go full ******.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

Well, I do hope to get full details at least 2 days prior so we may or may not spend our entire DQ Points. Thanks in advance sparkie and keep it up! :D
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • automation87
    automation87 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Arc sounds like a fake steam client, I don't need a fake steam client b:surrender
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Now imagine that

Most players having to download the entire game all over again

Just to fulfill an useless "Arc Games" pretentious and useless wish.

Arc doesn't make you guys get more money, there is absolutely NO reason to make the games "Dependant" on it.

Just face it, Arc sucks and that's what most people think of it.

Some things you should consider:
    1 - If you think Arc will make it harder for people to 'Cheat' you're wrong. People crack big named softwares everyday and slice through executable code like butter with their Hex editors.
    2 - If you think people will be safer by leaving their accounts saved in Arc, you're wrong too because there is people around who play on shared/public computers.
    3 - Arc browser sucks it does absolutely nothing Google chrome doesn't do 1000x better.
    4 - Arc does nothing the old websites didn't already.
    5 - Arc XML configuration files are uselessly packed into a password-protected Zlib file, disallowing users to configure their formerly installed games to work with Arc, forcing users to download their games all over.
    6 - If you for some reason have to reinstall your OS, you will have to re-download and reinstall each and every game you used to play.

Forcing Arc is total BS
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Now imagine that

Most players having to download the entire game all over again

Just to fulfill an useless "Arc Games" pretentious and useless wish.

Arc doesn't make you guys get more money, there is absolutely NO reason to make the games "Dependant" on it.

Just face it, Arc sucks and that's what most people think of it.

Some things you should consider:
    1 - If you think Arc will make it harder for people to 'Cheat' you're wrong. People crack big named softwares everyday and slice through executable code like butter with their Hex editors.
    2 - If you think people will be safer by leaving their accounts saved in Arc, you're wrong too because there is people around who play on shared/public computers.
    3 - Arc browser sucks it does absolutely nothing Google chrome doesn't do 1000x better.
    4 - Arc does nothing the old websites didn't already.
    5 - Arc XML configuration files are uselessly packed into a password-protected Zlib file, disallowing users to configure their formerly installed games to work with Arc, forcing users to download their games all over.
    6 - If you for some reason have to reinstall your OS, you will have to re-download and reinstall each and every game you used to play.

(7 - )Forcing Arc is total BS

Just to cover some misconceptions and to clear some things up...

1. I doubt that has anything to do with using Arc. Besides, most of the good cheats for PWI don't bother with the client files or how it loads at all. (Unless you're like me and change elementclient.exe)

2. What makes you think it's not safe? If you have multiple people on the same PC and you can't keep your data private, Arc isn't changing any of that. Having it store your login info is an option. And even then, with knowing how it's encrypted, I still haven't managed to crack it, and neither has anyone else I've been working with.

3. Name an integrated/overlay browser that does. It's not meant to compete with Chrome or any other mainstream browser. It's meant so you can easily do some light surfing without tabbing out of the game.

4. At the moment, this is true, and some things it doesn't do half as well as the old sites. It's still in development though and those features are still being worked on and released.

5. Yes, this is very annoying, and I'm still trying to crack the files. They have said that they are working on a feature so it will find your existing installs and integrate them, it's just not done yet. Again, you're complaining about something that's still being developed.

6. Read the response to #5, it's covered. If they develop it the way I'm hearing, it might even funtion a bit easier than Steam's method.

7. They said ages ago that they would. It's not like you didn't have a warning. It's not like you didn't have a chance to read up on it and prepare for what would eventually happen. More and more multi-client publishers are moving to something like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Just to cover some misconceptions and to clear some things up...

1. I doubt that has anything to do with using Arc. Besides, most of the good cheats for PWI don't bother with the client files or how it loads at all. (Unless you're like me and change elementclient.exe)

2. What makes you think it's not safe? If you have multiple people on the same PC and you can't keep your data private, Arc isn't changing any of that. Having it store your login info is an option. And even then, with knowing how it's encrypted, I still haven't managed to crack it, and neither has anyone else I've been working with.

3. Name an integrated/overlay browser that does. It's not meant to compete with Chrome or any other mainstream browser. It's meant so you can easily do some light surfing without tabbing out of the game.

4. At the moment, this is true, and some things it doesn't do half as well as the old sites. It's still in development though and those features are still being worked on and released.

5. Yes, this is very annoying, and I'm still trying to crack the files. They have said that they are working on a feature so it will find your existing installs and integrate them, it's just not done yet. Again, you're complaining about something that's still being developed.

6. Read the response to #5, it's covered. If they develop it the way I'm hearing, it might even funtion a bit easier than Steam's method.

7. They said ages ago that they would. It's not like you didn't have a warning. It's not like you didn't have a chance to read up on it and prepare for what would eventually happen. More and more multi-client publishers are moving to something like this.

The big point over this is that they're ALREADY with an appointed date to force something that doesn't quite work as intended yet.

Also, last time I checked, Arc lauched the game launcher, whats the purpose of a "Game manager" that's unable to update games itself?

And again... They're forcing something people is not quite familiar with yet.

I used Arc here i like it, its cool and all, but really needs that 'Find my already installed game' feature, because this is REALLY annoying.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
  • mattjess021389
    mattjess021389 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    east server is bk online

• Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

No offense to you personally sparkie, but the only thing I'm expecting from this is more bugs, glitches, and whatnot. My faith in PWI's tech has not exactly been the best since 2010.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Yaasborn - Harshlands
    Yaasborn - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    So....you provide us with a link that redirects us back to this forum...are you completely insane?

you don't explain 1 bit what integration means for the players, what they have to do to be prepared, or anything related to the players if they DON'T want arc.

How will you compensate for the people that rely on merchanting to stay competative will be left behind if there is no multi clienting?

Or the fact that i cannot choose my character in ARC, so i cannot receive any blessings, free hp charms, dreampack etc etc?

Look at the complaints on the forums, and how many problems there are with ARC. as a GM/CM i would say **** YOU to the managers and don't allow to push this till they fix everything. and yes, you CAN say that to the managers because if you can't, then is no reason we got GM's or CM's.
  • Vespi - Harshlands
    Vespi - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    None of PW's customers want this, optional, sure why not. integrated, please dear god no. its already annoying to open it to get my blessing i don't want any more than that.

Just stop you're not a reputable company your filled with almost unbelievable stories of greed, mismanagement, and border on ignoring your flagship game. Do you really think you'll keep players with arc, or that you'll acquire new ones? You'll maybe get a few new ones but after they'll leave because the servers are empty.

Edit, and that link leads back to the forums and tells us nothing, not that I'm surprised i mean i don't expect much from the brain-dead monkeys at PWE.
    "Agorey has the butt of an angel" - Cytte
    I <3 Agorey
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2014
    Options
    No offense to you personally sparkie, but the only thing I'm expecting from this is more bugs, glitches, and whatnot. My faith in PWI's tech has not exactly been the best since 2010.
    PWI's developers and Arc's developers are completely different. PWI dev's work for Wanmei in Beijing. Arc Dev's work for PWE in California.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    PWI's developers and Arc's developers are completely different. PWI dev's work for Wanmei in Beijing. Arc Dev's work for PWE in California.

I have admittedly been quite out of the loop lately, so I apologize if this is considered common knowledge:

I understood that there was an Arc client, which functions like the Steam client. With the launching of arcgames.com, and having all game sites redirect to there, does that mean that PWE is being re-branded as Arc Games? Or is it something unrelated?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]