Arc Integration General Discussion/Feedback

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Has anyone else noticed an increase in the amount of frame lag caused by the overlay? Now that the friend online/offline alerts function I've noticed a greater drop in my FPS. Needless to say, I am not at all pleased by this.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Has anyone else noticed an increase in the amount of frame lag caused by the overlay? Now that the friend online/offline alerts function I've noticed a greater drop in my FPS. Needless to say, I am not at all pleased by this.

Haven't noticed any drop on mine. I'm playing on a Core2Quad Q6600 with 6GB RAM and a GTX650ti, so it would be an "average" system. It's close to 7 years old now.

My guess would be you've got limited resources available.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

I have a friend who plays this game on a Acer 6920g laptop and has done for about 2 years, and I was asked to look at his machine as after the introduction of Arc his machine was running slower not just in game but also out of the game as well.

Before removing Arc his machine had an average cpu use of ~3.7%-5% and network activity spikes every ~20 seconds even when not in the game. we then removed Arc completely and rebooted this dropped the cpu activity to ~1.5%-2% and the network spikes disappeared completely.

We then reinstalled Arc thinking that maybe something went wrong during the first installation and ended up with the same results as before. As I told my friend its time for a new PC and he will be replacing his machine with a desktop soon.

The real problem here is my friend is 54 and mostly illiterate and no amount of "read the post here" or "we posted it there" helps people like him, thats why I was asked to post for him. He wants to know why this program starts with windows and shows additional cpu usage and virtually constant net activity every 20 seconds even when not using PWI.

I have explained there is a work around for Arc but for some reason NONE of the workarounds given in this forum work for him.

My friend still plays using Arc but is very unhappy at the sudden reduction of performance outside PWI he expected it in game but not out of game. We turned off load with windows and that was a little improvement but the moment he starts PWI, Arc starts and then stays resident when PWI is shut again.

Load with windows, overkill, terminate and stay resident, overkill,
    Whats the matter with you people, smart enough to make Arc, but not smart enough to make it start with PWI only and leave when when you shut PWI, anything else is not needed and gives me the sudden urge to steal my mates foil hat.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Conanedogawa - Lost City
    Conanedogawa - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    bwahaha arc u is ****ed up.

Logging in my account no probs. Starting game: incorrect login. Dafuq b:angry
    Behold, the undead will be unleashed b:laugh

100 2ndrb Sage Sin, 101 1strb Demon Sin, 101 no-rb Demon Cleric, 102 no-rb Demon Psy, 98 no-rb Sage Seeker, 95 no-rb Demon Cleric, 90 no-rb Sage Barb, 89 1strb Sage Cleric, 87 1strb Sage Psy, 84 no-rb Wiz, 82 2ndrb Sage Veno, 81 no-rb Ea, 80 no-rb Myst, 78 2nd rb Demon Bm
  • matrix0
    matrix0 Posts: 11
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Things people need to know about ARC:

1. ArC would crash the comp/programs if it kept running in the background. The solution is: manually terminate ARC process after exit the game. Exiting the game doesn't mean exiting ARC. I'm pretty sure it's memory leak problem.

2. ARC is sending nfo to PWI. I don't know what nfo exactly since I'm too lazy to run a sniffer. However, network monitor has shown that ARC is constanly communicating with PWI eventho no game is running. It probably sending user nfo/cookies/browsing history. In brief, all the typical nfo that a spyware would do.

3. ArC uses extra bandwidth. Hence, it's another reason to terminate its process.

PWI shouldn't force ARC on its players because not everyone would play every pwi games. Arc should be exited when there was no game playing.
  • ShawtyStar - Raging Tide
    ShawtyStar - Raging Tide Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    matrix0 wrote: »
    PWI shouldn't force ARC on its players because not everyone would play every pwi games. Arc should be exited when there was no game playing.
    Kinda to Late for that Lol I left after they Forced it b:thanks Only returned today to Post on Fourms
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am A True Tsundere
    More... I desire more. Can you not indulge me in an even more nightmarish hell?
    Retired 2009-2014 Was a Fun Time b:victory
    Demon Archer- 101 RB2
    Demon Assassin- 100 RB2
    Demon Venomancer- 99
  • _AZORA_ - Harshlands
    _AZORA_ - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    yes i see the logging issue but some wrong with your charge rewards to cuase oly one i got is when i bought gold not when i spent gold didnt get those reward pts:angry
  • pilafzor
    pilafzor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    We need an option ( switch /button ) to turn off the ArcOSBrowser but still keeping Arc client open when we need to open the game
    We get the news inside the patcher anyways
    So ... I don't get it

Edit: The CPU usage problem has been fixed ( at least for me )

other than that.. I don't see anything wrong with Arc :)
  • atatakai1
    atatakai1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi guys, just wondering how Arc is working out. Do some of you still get unusual lag while playing? I want to play PWI again but a bit hesitant to install Arc b:chuckle.