Official Notes/Observations for New Horizons - 1.30.14 UPDATED

Options

Comments

• Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Ummm well that is a passive buff that you need to upgrade in order to learn a higher %.

Yes, it says it levels at 2% extra damage, but the end result is only 1% damage per level..

Level 0 states 0% - only gives 0%
    Level 1 states 2% - only gives 1%
    Level 2 states 4% - only gives 2%
    Level 3 states 6% - only gives 3%
    Level 4 states 8% - only gives 4%
    Level 5 states 10% - only gives 5%

you get the picture.

damage test results.

Used Barbarians Armageddon to test it. it does not have any wep variables in the attack power.

skill level 0 -
    Attack 1 - 120733 damage
    attack 2 - 120733 damage
    attack 3 - 120733 damage

Skill level 1 -

attack 1 - 121940 damage
    attack 2 - 121940 damage
    attack 3 - 243881 damage ( crit ) - 121940.5 halved

damage difference between the attacks is
    1207 damage ( which is 1% of the skill damage)]

Please update the skill to reflect the actually increase in skill damage.

(If it was 2 % it would be 2414 damage)
  • aassffgg
    aassffgg Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    can i ask if n 2014 come new server in pwi? i want play again but new sever is pretty good
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    There haven't been any new servers since... 2011? and the two servers created then in Europe have since merged. There's unlikely to be any new servers in PWI, ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • HoratioCaine - Dreamweaver
    HoratioCaine - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    i noticed the mobs are droping less or if not any coins at all with this new patch
  • Extrii - Archosaur
    Extrii - Archosaur Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I haven't been following this post, so I don't know if this has been mentioned or screenshot yet.
    I noticed this in the OP;
    War avatar system displays incorrectly on some monitors

Perhaps this is what it's referring to?
    Avatars that I've acquired are slightly lit up, but still scrambled, and they display the cards properly when I mouse over them.
    Kind of annoying to have to use the database to see all of the pretty pictures. :o
    Intelligence is understanding, not knowing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I dont know if anyone mentioned it, but since making a new toon for the expansion I noticed this strange thing:

Around level 50 you get 3 D Orbs for leveling. Nice reward, and would be nice to put on my Royal Gears, but there is a stipulation on them that they can only be used for BOUND gear less than G16.

That seems so silly of a requirement and defeats the purpose of trying to get a new player hooked on refinements, imho.

Idk what level 50 has BOUND gear (a Rebirthed toon, yes! But, not a new toon). Come to think of it - on PvE servers a lot of high levels dont have BOUND gear either, so Im assuming this is a bug or glitch.

If it isnt then its 3 items that would take up a new players limited space. After they got over the initial, "Yipee! Im 50 and they gave me an awesome reward!" wears off, they would probably just end up NPCing them.
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I dont know if anyone mentioned it, but since making a new toon for the expansion I noticed this strange thing:

Around level 50 you get 3 D Orbs for leveling. Nice reward, and would be nice to put on my Royal Gears, but there is a stipulation on them that they can only be used for BOUND gear less than G16.

That seems so silly of a requirement and defeats the purpose of trying to get a new player hooked on refinements, imho.

Idk what level 50 has BOUND gear (a Rebirthed toon, yes! But, not a new toon). Come to think of it - on PvE servers a lot of high levels dont have BOUND gear either, so Im assuming this is a bug or glitch.

If it isnt then its 3 items that would take up a new players limited space. After they got over the initial, "Yipee! Im 50 and they gave me an awesome reward!" wears off, they would probably just end up NPCing them.

I dont believe it's a glitch, more likely so they dont sell them or sell refine service. A new level 50 toon will likely have bound gear now, since there is a lot of new gear that drops in instances and is bound after enquipping.
    I agree there might be high levels that dont have bound gear (Like my clerics G16 lunar version) but I still see a big part that do. I have a very few bound stuff though that I can use bound orbs on..
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I tried using it on my Royal Gear - which cannot be traded, sold, all that. It might as well be bound. The Elder said I needed a piece of BOUND gear.

Its not like its going to be game breaking for anyone, even if merchs did resell them. But, if they dont want people to do that they could have just done what they did with the Royal Gears, and let them not be traded, sold and all that. *shrugs*

If a new player uses them and sees their benefit, then they will want more. As it stands right now, they are just garbage for any new player - unless they want to provide a free binding stone for gear that doesnt drop on death anyway just so new players will gain this same profitable-to-the-game knowledge.

Its a 'turn off', and not the 'turn on' that it seems it was intended to be.

Maybe its just one of those cases where someone forgot to flip a switch, or use their eraser?b:surrender
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Not a glitch or strange at all. It's for gear that has actually been bound.

Also the Royal Gear does bind on equip and the various Dreamchaser gear always has. So a level 50 could, in fact, have bound gear since they're now boss drops in instances below FB89. If you've left it unequipped, then it won't be considered bound even though it's untradable, so the orbs wouldn't work on it.
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited January 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Not a glitch or strange at all. It's for gear that has actually been bound.

Also the Royal Gear does bind on equip and the various Dreamchaser gear always has. So a level 50 could, in fact, have bound gear since they're now boss drops in instances below FB89. If you've left it unequipped, then it won't be considered bound even though it's untradable, so the orbs wouldn't work on it.

I was wearing it, then I had to take it off to try to refine it. Is there some special trick to it then? Maybe a different NPC? Cause the Elder said what he said. I dont mind trying again. b:cute

EDIT: I have 3 pieces of Royal Arcane gear, all from the Gate of Delirium, none of which show to be bound on them.

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I had to bind a piece of Morai gear to use the Arcane Sky X 6* DOrb, and the Morai gear might as well be bound, as the only thing you can do to it that you can't with bound gear is NPC it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I had to bind a piece of Morai gear to use the Arcane Sky X 6* DOrb, and the Morai gear might as well be bound, as the only thing you can do to it that you can't with bound gear is NPC it.

That at least makes sense, as to the value of binding it anyway. Its an end-game gear, and +6 D Orbs are rather pricey.

A new level 50 has 3 (+1, +2 & +3) orbs that they have no use for, and they have to struggle to hold on to them until a time comes where it may be worth it for them to bind a piece of gear, or they can afford some form of bank extension to satisfactorily accomodate them. Last I check those binding stones are not cheap (was a while ago, who knows?).
  • crazymerchant
    crazymerchant Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    The quest for unlocking EU is bugged on my character... it won't let me dig even if i have the pickaxe and inventory space. I tried to delete quest and get it again but still not working, pw told me to post on this form xD.

QQ wanted to upgrade my matchless cape
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Options
    The minister set still binds but yeah there isn't much point to the orbs for a new player/akt, unless they want to use a binding charm which they shouldn't. But at the same time I can see not wanting people to use them for refining services. They could've done like the 5 star orbs and made them not usable on anything above like 10 or something though.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide
    Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Issue with the Unique Reward Chest

If you were past the level of a reward when this was added to the game even if you rebirth you NEVER get access to the rewards you missed.

Was this intentional? Not really fair to miss out on the rewards especially the orbs and more importantly the Geographic Map!! We should be able to get any rewards at long as we have met the level requirement and have not picked it up yet!
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Issue with the Unique Reward Chest

If you were past the level of a reward when this was added to the game even if you rebirth you NEVER get access to the rewards you missed.

Was this intentional? Not really fair to miss out on the rewards especially the orbs and more importantly the Geographic Map!! We should be able to get any rewards at long as we have met the level requirement and have not picked it up yet!

I wish this too. Also is it just me or does the White Emperor's Blessing not work anymore? It's faded out on my screen and I can't pick it up anymore though I could before though didn't grab all of them because I either didn't want them right then or didn't have the room in inv, on any of my toons (yes the timer is out, has been for days yet still can't pick it up). Was it only temporary? If so they should remove it from the rewards list rather than have it sitting there taunting us for not picking all of them up asap. f:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    Options
    White Emperor's Blessing is gone, it ended with last week's maintenance (if not before). I tested this the other day by logging in an alt who hadn't been on at all since the expansion, and he didn't have the Blessing in his quest list at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    White Emperor's Blessing is gone, it ended with last week's maintenance (if not before). I tested this the other day by logging in an alt who hadn't been on at all since the expansion, and he didn't have the Blessing in his quest list at all.

Ok thank you for for clarifying that for me. It's just been sitting in my quest list and in my rewards box staring at me and I wasn't sure if i should trash it or not since I didn't know if it was discontinued or still active and would end up gipping myself. Now I know I should!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aensidhe
    aensidhe Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    The 60 primordial blood Cleric skill - Primal Demon Wellspring - both the cauldron and skillbook states demon version gives 25 chi, but actual tests show it gives only 15 chi.

Please clarify if this is description error or skill bug. If description error, can those of us who already spent the bloods be reimbursed? Thanks.
  • Blue__Lycan - Sanctuary
    Blue__Lycan - Sanctuary Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Quest log is STILL using the wrong font.
    Please fix it, my eyes are hurting trying to read it.
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    4. Tiger Leap has no sound effect (bug or intentional?) [bug]

You can add Army Crusher to that list too. It lacks any kind of sound effect.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Redstone Venomworm doesn't have a sound effect either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KingThis - Heavens Tear
    KingThis - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    AUTO-ACCEPT PARTY IN T doesnt work when people inv me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 SLITNOTb:chuckle
  • bonnealla999
    bonnealla999 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I don't know who else was wondering what had happened to all the world chat pms of TM69/79, well now we know. Skimming through VenusArmanio's notes, I read that it was removed. Can someone please tell me why? f:shock

And, if its only temporary, inform me when it will be available again? f:kneel I can't begin to dream of all those runs and 400k/500k of coins being wasted, to the point that I still have the Gold medals in my ton's inventory. f:shame Please let me know. Peace. Love. Fur. Kamari.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Something that I have recently noticed (actually about a week or so ago) is that myriad sword stance (demon version) only costs 1 spark to use. (I am not sure if it was an intended change, but it sure is a nice one. Ergo i hope it was intended/is here to stay)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Dami_ - Heavens Tear
    Dami_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Something that I have recently noticed (actually about a week or so ago) is that myriad sword stance (demon version) only costs 1 spark to use. (I am not sure if it was an intended change, but it sure is a nice one. Ergo i hope it was intended/is here to stay)

the mine that is sage when i cast it sometimes only just use 1 or half spark
  • Dami_ - Heavens Tear
    Dami_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    i just wonder, some of the new primal skills has no sound effects, all the places in PWI use to have music and ambient sound effects, morai have its own music and ambient sounds effects, so why Primal world not? everything is deeply silence, almost in my game, and all my sound efect are on, so it is a glitch or is intended?
  • nosearch
    nosearch Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    15. Faction base trials have been increased in difficulty but you can now gain card packs and arcane sky vitae pills from it.

b:surrender Did Trial 1 and it is the same old rewards b:cry
    b:bye
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Anyone else noticed they changed the "fell down" emote? Now is no longer possible to lie down on the ground except when using the "dead" emote.

When I use the "fell down" emote, my toon quickly jumped back to standing position, and looks like a zombie b:shocked
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I have some old gluttonfowl cardboss records for cardboss in delta, summonobot is there but cant summon boss b:surrender
    I dont have quest in log but i could summon the boss without quest in the past or are the cardbosses gone ?
This discussion has been closed.