Official Notes/Observations for New Horizons - 1.30.14 UPDATED

Options

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Not sure if this has been the case since expansion, however my faction did a Trial 4 today, I dug the chest after the boss was killed and got the usual Hapatizon Whetstone Pouch (bound, expires when leaving area). I opened it to get 8 Hapatizon Whetstone Packs that are tradable, however they expire when leaving the area. I don't think they used to expire.

These have always expired. I remember having to open these on my cleric while banking trial mats 'cause no one needed them for honing at that moment and would have been wasted otherwise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Archer skill reducing hp "Sharpened Tooth Arrow" doesnt work on Morai bosses, and Flowsilver Palace Bosses, at the moment.

So please fix it, because we, archers, dont need this skill just for mobs, and if it works on some bosses has to work others bosses.

It is unfair b:sad

There are several bosses that are unaffected by HP debuffs. This isn't something new or special in any way.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Servetje - Morai
    Servetje - Morai Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    This is not a bug. It is not missing the HP skill, it is a new skill that has never had it. The description of the skill clearly states that there is only an increase of mp regen and no hp. Taking these new skills is always something you should think hard about, since we've known from the outset that you lose your old ones.

That said, just toss on the Guardian's Seal single buff before you aoe buff and you get everything.

Thats just ridicules. guardian seal is 30 min buff and my hour buff are gone.

So guardian seal will remove the pantheon blessing mp buff and get **** 30 minute mp and hp buff for it back.

My advice to other clerks have been allready not to learn pantheon blessing and i do regret to ever learn that fail skill.
  • opkossy
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Thats just ridicules. guardian seal is 30 min buff and my hour buff are gone.

So guardian seal will remove the pantheon blessing mp buff and get **** 30 minute mp and hp buff for it back.

My advice to other clerks have been allready not to learn pantheon blessing and i do regret to ever learn that fail skill.
    .... Your post is completely inaccurate.

Firstly, all level 11 single target cleric buffs last the full hour. Also, the post you're quoting said to use Guardian Seal before the new buff. This means you would keep Guardian Seal's HP buff while getting the better MP buff too. So even if you only had level 10 Guardian Seal, you'd still not overwrite the new skill for that half hour.

Regardless of how much you dislike losing the benefit of 2 HP/sec regen in combat on characters with well over 4000 HP, the fact remains that the skill is not glitched or bugged in any way.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Not exactly....

Short answer: It's a China thing.

Long answer: The devs design content for PWCN first and... stuff anyone else gets is their own problem and on the back-burner so to speak. As the Chinese servers are all PvP servers, they see no issue or glitches. PvE servers, on the other hand, were an invention for PWI and not how the game was meant to be played. Hence things like issues in the veno instance for blue names, how "safe PK" areas can turn you pink if you accidentally AoE NPCs, and so on.

So the odds of them fixing this for us anytime soon are likely to be low as it doesn't affect the main version and they have no issue with it.
    PvE servers, on the other hand, were an invention for PWI and not how the game was meant to be played.

No.

PW my-en had pve iirc, and pretty sure p2p pw (older than pwcn) has pve servers.
    PWCN is unique in having pvp servers only. Then again, they have about 70 servers.
    If there are any that aren't pvp, I've yet to see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    No.

PW my-en had pve iirc, and pretty sure p2p pw (older than pwcn) has pve servers.
    PWCN is unique in having pvp servers only. Then again, they have about 70 servers.

Well damn o.o
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    No.

Both of MY-EN's original servers were PVP. The extra one they made after with their RT expansion was also PVP, I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • opkossy
    edited January 2014
    Options
    No.

What Eoria said about the MY-EN servers. Those were PvP.

That said, I don't know enough about the p2p PW to be able to say whether or not I think you're right or, assuming it 100% does have some PvE servers, whether or not they came to be long enough before PWI to say that it was something that came naturally.
  • Roxxannae - Sanctuary
    Roxxannae - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    These have always expired. I remember having to open these on my cleric while banking trial mats 'cause no one needed them for honing at that moment and would have been wasted otherwise.

Ah okay, thanks for letting me know. I don't think I ever got them when I hosted the trials, I feel a bit silly now haha b:surrender
  • squishybm
    squishybm Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Fixed, thanks.

No it's not...comes back with "Invalid gathering tool" b:cry
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Options
    squishybm wrote: »
    No it's not...comes back with "Invalid gathering tool" b:cry

meant the description, as per mayfly's request, not the quest itself. Sorry if that post caused confusion. b:surrender

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    She fixed the description of the bug... the bug itself is waiting a fix from China.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Servetje - Morai
    Servetje - Morai Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    .... Your post is completely inaccurate.

Firstly, all level 11 single target cleric buffs last the full hour. Also, the post you're quoting said to use Guardian Seal before the new buff. This means you would keep Guardian Seal's HP buff while getting the better MP buff too. So even if you only had level 10 Guardian Seal, you'd still not overwrite the new skill for that half hour.

Regardless of how much you dislike losing the benefit of 2 HP/sec regen in combat on characters with well over 4000 HP, the fact remains that the skill is not glitched or bugged in any way.

So PWI killed the Aoe hp reg buff intentionally and i have to use guardian seal players 10 times in my group.

Becouse that is what you are saying.... f:grossf:faint

People do allready complain ... "where is my hp reg buff cleric?".... my answer is.. soryy pwi messed up skills and i lost my aoe hp reg buff with this junk new skill i learned.
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    So PWI killed the Aoe hp reg buff intentionally and i have to use guardian seal players 10 times in my group.

As if +10 hp/mp recovery does anything anyway in combat f:sweat

Kinda doubt anyone will miss it that much, it's not that much of a great buff anyway, unless you want your group to meditate heal after every group of mobs.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Both of MY-EN's original servers were PVP. The extra one they made after with their RT expansion was also PVP, I think.
    What Eoria said about the MY-EN servers. Those were PvP.

That said, I don't know enough about the p2p PW to be able to say whether or not I think you're right or, assuming it 100% does have some PvE servers, whether or not they came to be long enough before PWI to say that it was something that came naturally.

My mistake then, I remembered pw my-en had two servers in general. I guess memory failed me there.

p2p pw certainly has pve servers though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dami_ - Heavens Tear
    Dami_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Earth Pavilon boss continue glitching in Warson City, almost in Heaven's Tears server, it does not respawn again after one kill it, or almost no one see it. It don't let completly kill the boss making the squad be unable to reach the incarcerate. If we can't kill the incarcerate we can't kill the Ville: Incarcerate who drops the escences of ofence and the stage 3 weapons molds.

This is a traduction Error that maybe the developers didn't notice at the momment of traduce to english the last expansion. And the most probable people in the game didn't noticed it too.

At the sirens of war expansion, PWI added the Nations war, as everyone must know, there are 4 nations, light, dark, frost and flame. Each nation have an "Empress", Altea for light nation, Loreley for dark nation, Kestra for the frost nation and, Astrid for flame nation.

Originaly in PWCN the nations and the "empresses" where know with other names, light nation as white empire, flame nation as the red empire, dark nation as the green or dragon empire, and frost as the dark or black empire.

Well, but for what come all this mess that i'm explaining, well let me tell you.

Is about the NPCs added in the last expansion of New Horizonts and the story of the quests. If you notice on the NPC proyection: Blizzen (the one who port you to the different places in primal world and port you too back to perfect worl) in kirin town in primal world, that npc is suposed to be Altea from light nation, but they show her with the name from PWCN, Blizzen i think.

Also in the new quest realated to primal worl, when the quest talk about the "white emperor sword" they are talking about the same "light nation" of Nations wars. The green wood Sword, is ralated to our "dark nation".

Other places where is used the PWCN name of the the 4 empresses of Nation Wars and the PWCN names of the nations are:

-In some war avartar cards related to the 4 empresses, the names of the empresses are the same of the ones of our pwi version but, the description use the name of the PWCN nations, descriving "kestra" the frost nation empress, as the emperor of "black nation".

- The daily quest at the snowy coast of the earthguard area, that give 1 primal blood and other stuff ralated to the santa event, sent you to dig on a "astral proyections" that call for a momment the emperors, the NPCs that spawn after dig on the astral proyections are suposed to be the 4 empresses of each nation, but they instead of have the name of our version are using the names of the PWCN version.

-In the same snowy coast at the earthguard area, behind the npc of the daily quest there is a plataform where the 4 empresses are or was, they are named with the name of the PWI china version.

1 new year and the face of "terror claw" at heaven's tear and the mobs that looks like it, continue disapearing when one get near them.

well, dragons hidden den have been removed, but the entrace is visible and the npc that upgrade the nirvana stage 2 gear to r8 recast is fixed, pwi might put the stones needed for the upgrade as an item that one can get from the forges at nort archo, in the same way that the rapture and uncany crystals
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    As if +10 hp/mp recovery does anything anyway in combat f:sweat

Kinda doubt anyone will miss it that much, it's not that much of a great buff anyway, unless you want your group to meditate heal after every group of mobs.

Because people are idiots. I have seen melee chars complain about the absence of the magical attack buff, so anything is possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Showkill - Dreamweaver
    Showkill - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I noticed that the Summerwind Token manufacturing NPC says "For" to get to the manufacturing menu.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options

People do allready complain ... "where is my hp reg buff cleric?".... my answer is.. soryy pwi messed up skills and i lost my aoe hp reg buff with this junk new skill i learned.

But the thing is, PWI didn't mess anything up. They gave you a choice. You could keep the old skills, or trade it up for a new one that does have a description telling how it is different. Some people would much prefer the increased mp regen and don't care about hp (fractional amount that it is). You just have the option now on which one you want.

If you don't do your research before taking these skills, that isn't PWI's fault.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Localization error, BM skill Tiger Leap (forward leap) now reads the description of BM skill leap back.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • trufflles
    trufflles Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    any word on the fix ETA on 2d Reincarnation Legendary Quest Line?

ty
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    If we could fix the bug on summoning pets in air, that would be great...it's kind of a huge disadvantage to venos if we have to land to summon a pet. b:surrender
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • innocencex
    innocencex Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Thanks for the update.
    Negative
    3. Mulberry Heart quest (and it's associated title) has been disabled but NPC has not been removed
    11. Hidden Dragons Den ad it's associated title has been removed CN intentional

Has the Mulburry Heart quest been removed permanently?

Clarification on HDD title:
    The title still exists in the Title List under the Catalogue name "Perfect Inhabitant", as the instance was removed there is no way to complete this title group for people that did not achieve it before the update. That is unless it was moved to another boss/instance but I have seen no hint of this.
  • TammyEilean - Dreamweaver
    TammyEilean - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    After the newest upgrade I noticed on all five of the PVE servers that both battle and non-battle flying pets cannot be summoned unless the player is ground-bound first. Its irritating for the all-class pet owners that want a companion while in flight. It also almost eliminates the "death-from-above" stealth attacks for flying Veno pets. Especially when above an aggressive flock. If anyone knows if this is permanent or a glitch.... I'd really like to know. Thanks b:bye
  • LilWolfy - Heavens Tear
    LilWolfy - Heavens Tear Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options

Localization Errors
    19. In the new raccoon daily, upon freeing a raccoon from it's cage you get an item called "small pumpkin" instead of the mob name you're freeing.

If I remember from reading the quest itself. The freed raccoon gives you a small pumpkin as a little reward to show appreciation for freeing him.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    If I remember from reading the quest itself. The freed raccoon gives you a small pumpkin as a little reward to show appreciation for freeing him.

Yes, this is correct, the item's description specifies that it is given as a token of appreciation by the freed raccoon, so that is not a mistake.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BringinDeath - Archosaur
    BringinDeath - Archosaur Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    erm, i tried looking but can't find any update about Frigid Bay Daily NPC. Anyone know what's happened please?
  • Sien - Heavens Tear
    Sien - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    erm, i tried looking but can't find any update about Frigid Bay Daily NPC. Anyone know what's happened please?
    It was part of the Christmas events that have been removed.
  • BringinDeath - Archosaur
    BringinDeath - Archosaur Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    It was part of the Christmas events that have been removed.

awwww, that sux
  • Blue__Lycan - Sanctuary
    Blue__Lycan - Sanctuary Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    The quest log and quest pop-up font remains unchanged, while the font above player names has.
This discussion has been closed.