Official Notes/Observations for New Horizons - 1.30.14 UPDATED

Options

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    The quest log and quest pop-up font remains unchanged, while the font above player names has.

Omg, you posted on the forums!
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Lazaraes - Archosaur
    Lazaraes - Archosaur Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    13. The second reincarnation quest "Guard the Camp" cannot be completed because the subquest's "Time for the Living" dig item called "ignition site" doesn't trigger when clicked. This quest is required to advance in the quest chain.

Could we please get some information on whether or not this is being investigated? I'd at least like to know if it's being looked into. Please this is important and is effecting a decent chunk of people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zionwarrior
    zionwarrior Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Not exactly....

Short answer: It's a China thing.

Long answer: The devs design content for PWCN first and... stuff anyone else gets is their own problem and on the back-burner so to speak. As the Chinese servers are all PvP servers, they see no issue or glitches. PvE servers, on the other hand, were an invention for PWI and not how the game was meant to be played. Hence things like issues in the veno instance for blue names, how "safe PK" areas can turn you pink if you accidentally AoE NPCs, and so on.

So the odds of them fixing this for us anytime soon are likely to be low as it doesn't affect the main version and they have no issue with it.

True enough though the original p2p did have pve servers as well as pvp so unless the p2p is not the one we are getting updates from since it IS the original version or are our updates coming from pwcn highly curious. Thanks for the info I actually started many years ago on the p2p before they kicked foreigners it was really fun there and a challenge. I kinda wish they would revert a lot of the changes back to the p2p version like certain TT stuff and how they made so many mobs non-agro it takes the challenge away and such.
    340e1f28-2806-453d-8005-5420e7eb9a6b.jpg
    Check my older posts by profile I am far older than 2010 I was from beta just got on forums in 2008 otc for the first time.
  • GlowFire - Sanctuary
    GlowFire - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    4. FB19-79 have had various dreamchaser/new legendary level gear added to the drop table. Low level molds have been removed from these bosses. This armor drops really frequently but is not tradeable or account stashable. The old molds have been moved to the mob drop tables.

After last night's maintenance, today I've been running several instances 51, 59 and 69 and I have to see any of the new drops yet. Most cases NONE of the bosses drop ANYTHING.

Is this a new bug/glitch or am I just being very unlucky right now? Seems kinda weird we don't get any drops at all anymore.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    After last night's maintenance, today I've been running several instances 51, 59 and 69 and I have to see any of the new drops yet. Most cases NONE of the bosses drop ANYTHING.

Is this a new bug/glitch or am I just being very unlucky right now? Seems kinda weird we don't get any drops at all anymore.

>Running low level instances
    >With a level 100

Unless you ran it with a toon that's in the level range of the bosses in those instances, your drops are horribly nerfed with a level 100 toon.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • GlowFire - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014
    Options
    >Running low level instances
    >With a level 100

Unless you ran it with a toon that's in the level range of the bosses in those instances, your drops are horribly nerfed with a level 100 toon.

75 with a 95, drops fell plenty before maintenance with a 102 added.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options

A nerf's a nerf. The odds of getting items get lower the higher the level you have over the boss.
    It's just unlucky when you get no drops, I often see nothing drop in eden/brim with a level 100 toon, and that level gap is less.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/drop

stats be stats, also 2x is over
  • GlowFire - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014
    Options
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/drop

stats be stats, also 2x is over

Well thank you, I've never seen this table. If this is a new table due to Horizons it does explain a lot, if this is a default table that has always been used it raises a lot more questions actually.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    That's a very old table. Coins used to drop from FB bosses when items didn't, but coins have been removed from FB instances (mobs and bosses) below the 89s.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • GlowFire - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014
    Options
    That's a very old table. Coins used to drop from FB bosses when items didn't, but coins have been removed from FB instances (mobs and bosses) below the 89s.

Thank you, it all starts making sense.
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I would like to point out that there appear to be some serious glitches with Flowsilver palace. While im not entirely sure of all the glitches there definately is a glitch with the toad boss and the axes he throws. Alot of the time you cant even pick up the axe to throw at him like you have to. While the squad can sit there and pick up axes and just make the barb tank while the axes are stockpiled this is taxing on gear damage and pots so im sure its NOT supposed to work this way. Could a GM please look into this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bolin32
    bolin32 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I want to play with my brother but i eant to pass de download of the game pwi to him because my internet is very slow and take 3 days to download! Please help me!
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Copy the game directory onto a flash drive/DVD-ROM/other large capacity removable media, and copy from there onto your brother's computer.

(Not the most appropriate place to post your question, but you are probably restricted from making new threads.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawynn - Archosaur
    Rawynn - Archosaur Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    9. Primal World chain quest at some point asks you to come back after the "fourth re-awakening" to continue. Fixed in next patch.

now arcane sky IV.

Went and checked on this today on a lark, they now have it fixed.

wow this one give a fair amount of via.
    [SIGPIC]SIGPIC]
  • The_Plague - Dreamweaver
    The_Plague - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Hello im now taking 60k+ hits in NW and TW 2nd rebirth lv 1 Def% upgrade in New zone.

Hitting people I hit before Rebirth for 2-4k tops when before was 10k+ R9rr +10-12 Submitted ticket sent me here.

Juat want to understand Why thx Also have a 35k p att and lv 4 on skill dmg inc
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    Options
    What level are you? If you're significantly below your old level, it might just be level difference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The_Plague - Dreamweaver
    The_Plague - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Was 101 when I did 2nd birth and 101 again so not a big lv gap atm Also had in my 104 wine So im lost here
  • AdiLynnRose - Raging Tide
    AdiLynnRose - Raging Tide Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Please post in this thread any and all changes (not just bugs and glitches) that have been made to the game that isn't in the patch notes.

4. Grade 9 shards are now stackable

Not all G9 shards are stackable, garnets, ambers, turquoise and sapphires don't seem to stack b:angry. G10 shards are also stackableb:cute
  • ogunernile
    ogunernile Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Cleric Party Buff Skill Missing Health Regeneration. Was This Done On Purpose? If So Why?
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    ogunernile wrote: »
    Cleric Party Buff Skill Missing Health Regeneration. Was This Done On Purpose? If So Why?

The skill description has always said that it had no HP buff, therefore it is on purpose. This is whole new skill, and has its own properties. You have to make the choice before you take it on whether you'd rather have hp regen or increased mp regen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Vasanta - Lost City
    Vasanta - Lost City Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    When you try to do old expansion board quests it says that your level is too low b:angry
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Quest turnins look at your current level, not your historical level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vasanta - Lost City
    Vasanta - Lost City Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Quest turnins look at your current level, not your historical level.

The problem is that it is written on my alt. The last expansion was too lazy to do them. And not it says that level is too low(board quests) (101 ep and not reborn)b:surrender
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    i couldnt find this on the "negative" list, but its very important imo (why has no1 else mentioned this...):

skillbooks from morai (lv79 and lv100 chrono page skills) are no longer tradeable!!!!!!!!
    (they were before, i crafted several of those books for alts/friends)
    wtf has this been changed -.-
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    shashahah wrote: »
    i couldnt find this on the "negative" list, but its very important imo (why has no1 else mentioned this...):

skillbooks from morai (lv79 and lv100 chrono page skills) are no longer tradeable!!!!!!!!

No they weren't o_o

The basic level 80 skills from morai have always been tradable, not the stuff you get with 7k prestige.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    No they weren't o_o

The basic level 80 skills from morai have always been tradable, not the stuff you get with 7k prestige.
    Expanding on:
    The only time those 7k books have been tradeable was the very first week morai was out, so of course it wouldn't be noted in this patch x3That'd be why no one's mentioning it Shash.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Primal dailies are unable to be stacked and done twice the next day. I mean, I know they're short anyway, but it's kinda annoying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    shashahah wrote: »

They have never ever been trade-able...ever!

Expanding on:
    The only time those 7k books have been tradeable was the very first week morai was out, so of course it wouldn't be noted in this patch x3That'd be why no one's mentioning it Shash.

I think you are mistaken, the 7k prestige that came with the last content update (not expansion) has always had untrade-able books. Even if it is how you say and the first week they were, it is not possible to get 2k prestige in one week to make them and see they were trade-able. You must me confusing them with some other books, and not the celestial and lvl 79 books that got introduced recently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gontic - Dreamweaver
    Gontic - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    b:surrender

Not really positive if anyone else has had this issue, and i didn't do an extensive search in all forums, but has anyone had any problems with Reset notes?

I've had a few people say that they can't get reset notes to work on rebirth characters, and some say they've had no problem.

It would be nice if it were looked into before it becomes a bigger problem.

b:thanks
This discussion has been closed.