Official Notes/Observations for New Horizons - 1.30.14 UPDATED

Options

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Why am I having to install your crappy arc program to run pwi ? I have never had this much issues and have been using the same log in for five years WHY AM I HAVING TO DOWNLOAD arc ? b:angry
    You should read the Sticky posts more often...

Or maybe the News...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Upon learning the new psy skill Furious Ocean, I lost Sage Torrent and Sage Aqua Cannon skills. Wasn't said that these skills would be lost, they are not in my skill set/list anymore and I am unable to relearn it from any psychic skill NPC. Am I missing something? or is there no way to get that skill at all now?
    NGTUy53.png

• TammyEilean - Dreamweaver
    TammyEilean - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    You should read the Sticky posts more often...

Or maybe the News...

Ha Ha Speaking of News.....I like the Cosmic Sale ending Date ===. Sale End Date: Wednesday, Junary 8, 2013 @ 1:00 AM Server Time....So is it January or June? b:laugh f:laugh
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I just noticed this morning the Billboard npcs are all gone.
    Was the a mistake with that last patch?
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Couldn`t find the old bug thread and was too lazy to search, the Santa event was broken just now, system message appeared as usual, though, the npc`s didn`t spawn, and it worked perfectly yesterday!
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Couldn`t find the old bug thread and was too lazy to search, the Santa event was broken just now, system message appeared as usual, though, the npc`s didn`t spawn, and it worked perfectly yesterday!
    They did say that the NPC spawns would be about 10 or so minutes late in the maintenance thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    They did say that the NPC spawns would be about 10 or so minutes late in the maintenance thread.

It was late 20 min and people started leaving, after it never spawned, now they activated it manually it seems or it had a massive delay. I saw the red message, but didn't check it if works as it should this time.
    edited December 2013
    Options
    It was late 20 min and people started leaving, after it never spawned, now they activated it manually it seems or it had a massive delay. I saw the red message, but didn't check it it works as it should this time.
    Personally, I can't figure out why they have so much trouble with these things. All they have to do is properly update the tables in npcgen.data. Heck, the reason many of the old events we used to love don't ever happen again is simply because they are too lazy to change the year field in the table for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I just noticed this morning the Billboard npcs are all gone.
    Was the a mistake with that last patch?

I'm going to hazard a guess that it was intentional since one of the quests from billboard appears to have been moved to the promotions agent. I'm not sure if it will stay gone or how they are going to do things though, will need a GM for confirmation.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    just found out that the martial arts master is broken, cant exchange the scrolls for xp silkworms. Also need to add that ma lin the npc in dreamweaver is missing again.

Ps: hope your updating the bugs as they come in venus.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited December 2013
    Options
    just found out that the martial arts master is broken, cant exchange the scrolls for xp silkworms. Also need to add that ma lin the npc in dreamweaver is missing again.

Ps: hope your updating the bugs as they come in venus.

I slacked over the holidays because i plain didn't feel like it even though I did post a few things. b:laugh But it's up-to-date now. If I don't get them done eventually another mod will so no worries on that front.

edited December 2013
    Options
    14. Trophy Mode for Wraithgate and Hallucinatory Trench have been removed
    Just looking at this....

Whatcha wanna bet that it was an intentional change so that people re-rolling through wouldn't be able to get them?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Did anyone mention that AH is still broken?
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options

Now to get silkworms you need to exchanged them like other frostcover mats. In think the exchanged is in the last tab, and you can exchanged as many as you want now.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Just looking at this....

Whatcha wanna bet that it was an intentional change so that people re-rolling through wouldn't be able to get them?

I'm almost positive that it's permanent and intentional. It would really surprise if it wasn't as I think the NPC even says its been removed.
    Did anyone mention that AH is still broken?

That isn't a new change, that's why it's not included here. I'll go bump the thread in QC about it though. edit: Nevermind, apparently they decided to fix the categories in the auction house. But you still can't add any fashion in there so why it was important to finally fix the categories after so many years while leaving in this bug is just beyond ridiculous.
    Now to get silkworms you need to exchanged them like other frostcover mats. In think the exchanged is in the last tab, and you can exchanged as many as you want now.

Oh, that's a positive change then, cool.

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    TW times still not fixed according to Morai server. Monday 8pm war should be Saturday 2pm. Please fix this for next week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • payazo05
    payazo05 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    oht map accesible without doing chrono? how?
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited December 2013
    Options
    payazo05 wrote: »
    oht map accesible without doing chrono? how?

Just talk to the messenger of time and all the maps should be unlocked. Not sure if you have to do the first part to get the key to travel back though will check that out later.

• Rawynn - Archosaur
    Rawynn - Archosaur Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    It would be helpful if you add colours to each category.

Other bugs I know:
    -Venomancers are unable to summon pets while they are on a flyer.
    -If you are on a mount and you auto-path you get stuck (I think you have to re-log to get un-stuck).
    - Primal World chain quest at some point asks you to come back after the "fourth re-awakening" to continue. As far as we know only two re-awakenings available.

anyone figure that quest thing out yet?
    [SIGPIC]SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Faction base trials have been buffed in mob/boss hp and can rewards have been increased. There's also a chance for vitae pills and war avatar packs in the rewards now o,o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • payazo05
    payazo05 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Just talk to the messenger of time and all the maps should be unlocked. Not sure if you have to do the first part to get the key to travel back though will check that out later.

i see.. thanks ill try it later
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I just made a new toon to see what how much the starter area had changed. I turned on the music for the first time in a long time.

There are 2 different types of backround music playing at once?! This it playing for me in one of 3 ways as I play the game in this area.

1. Music from the new area Astral Domain and Sanctuary playing at once.
    2. New music from Astral Domain only.
    3. Music from the new area Astral Domain and the Gensis music that is from the log-in screen playing at once.

This is seriously messed up and sounds awful as the music clashes.f:gross
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    eraldus wrote: »
    Another one: The login screen now can save your logins and autocomplete them. Ex: if my login was youlostthegame and I type the "y", it will show a window with my login fully written on it, plus now there is an opition for you to save your login at the login screen. All you have to do is check/uncheck it at will. b:victory

Bumping because nobody mentioned this yet.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited December 2013
    Options
    eraldus wrote: »
    Bumping because nobody mentioned this yet.

It's actually arc that's doing that. And it's been doing it since before this expansion.

• slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Faction base trials have been buffed in mob/boss hp and can rewards have been increased. There's also a chance for vitae pills and war avatar packs in the rewards now o,o

can u elaborate on this pls? as in how many vitae pills/war avatar packs (and what grade) u can get if u're lucky, per trial? ty
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    It's actually arc that's doing that. And it's been doing it since before this expansion.

Hmm, I don't really remember this being there prior the new expansion, even though I used arc... or maybe the new login screen made me notice it just now? Now I'm in doubt.
  • Servetje - Morai
    Servetje - Morai Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Found some bugs on the Morai server with the new patch release.

*If you are mounted and click on a quest example from archosaur to tellus city it stows the mount, and you cannot move or do anything and you are forced to log out.

*Protect the grain cart from the owl assault in primal world it dissapears in the same second you can kill the mobs.. and quest give a automatic fail afterwards.

*Santa from the event does not appear.

*Santa event create a huge spam wall from the system messages.

*Factionbase is locked and you cannot enter.

*Archosaur Student quest you recieve in the first hour a Glory of Light and 2 hours after it gives 10 Glory of Light.
    But if you put the first Glory of Light from the first hour in your safehouse, you will recieve 2 hours after again just 1 Glory of Light and not 10 pieces.

*Nation War in Morai server is bugged and nobody can enter the instance.

*Silkworns does not work on 2x EXP from server.
  • Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide
    Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    The second part of Golden Quest is random whether you get 1 or 10 Light of Glory. I always get 1 for the second 2 hours. Apparently it is random whether you get 1 or 10 despite the quest claiming you will receive 10 from the second part.
  • Etheos - Raging Tide
    Etheos - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Uggh you put the stupid broken restriction back on jollies
    No offense but it was a stupid restriction and still is if gonna do it then return DQ prices
    The restrict has a glitch that if you leave on daily incomplete it carries over to new day

So if I did 4 out of 7 jolly dailies and started 5th but left it incomplete when I complete it next day and get the new day set I'm only allowed to do 2 since the damn thing treats whichever day I complete the quest as the same day as when I pick it up f:sweat

If the quest broken before being limitless then with the restriction consider it busted f:horror

Also can guys just make the jolly bh order worth... idk 50k-70k (depending on lvl)
    What?! its only fair I have 470bh orders on an alt that I finally was clearing up before you guys made the damn thing busted again f:meh
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I'm actually more concerned with WHEN these things get fixed:
    - Can't enter BH51
    - Can't enter Faction Base to do quests/get only-avail-here items
    - Can't complete BH Delta's since you can't enter there
    - BH EU (bug or not, should be changed) if you enter and as only member of squad exit, you can't get back in anymore. Even if you still have the Suc Toxin thing in your inventory and the instance didn't reset. Better system would be free entry as long as you have a Suc Toxin in inventory. After a succesful EU run it disappears anyways so you can't run the dungeon multiple times for rewards.
    - Santa Event doesn't appear on right times; spams systemchat; even if you completed the quest and have the Christmas Event Ticket, you can't get a penguin launcher due to timing being off. Pretty much this event is nothing but a systemchat spam event, xmas has passed and so will Santa soon.
    - NW has an impossible levelrequirement making the event for everyone unable to participate. I'm still not sure if this is an ongoing situation since last maintenance tuesday. But as they only stated to have "fixed" the santa event (which clearly they didn't) I doubt NW would've been fixed.

Isn't it possible to do an emergency update instead of leaving us with a week of **** or leaving it till the event expires on it's own: The expansion is in no form a "final compensation" for the 10* DO's **** up. It's just another horrible week of impossible gameplay, which ofc will require another way of compensation: preferable one that actually compensates.

PS: During the removal of DQ system PWI announced it would bring out a similar replacing system for it to farm for: where's that at?
This discussion has been closed.