Official Notes/Observations for New Horizons - 1.30.14 UPDATED

Options

Comments

• Griev - Dreamweaver
    Griev - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    c44102 wrote: »
    theres a thing called a catshop those people that casualy play can have that going and make a killing while they are off enjoying life b:pleased the instances are ment for the lower levels to have help and do there culti with friends to enjoy doing it as a team and i can kill hellfire in my g16 +5 refined gear so no excuses

You're going in circles here, to have something to sell, needs me to be online to GET that stuff, which in turn PREVENTS me from having a normal life.

But that seems to be a concept totally alien to you *shrugs*

and btw, there are actually ppl in this game who don't play a Barb, and pls don't try to tell us a G16 +5 Wizzy or Archer can survive the old Hellfire.
  • c44102
    c44102 Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    You're going in circles here, to have something to sell, needs me to be online to GET that stuff, which in turn PREVENTS me from having a normal life.

But that seems to be a concept totally alien to you *shrugs*

no whole thing seems to be over your head tbh
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    i wish they put back card drop from mob in map 2 and 3. because that is my only income so far, grinding card, farming card boss and making perfect stone b:cry
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Options
    theres a thing called a catshop those people that casualy play can have that going and make a killing while they are off enjoying life b:pleased the instances are ment for the lower levels to have help and do there culti with friends to enjoy doing it as a team and i can kill hellfire in my g16 +5 refined gear so no excuses

To quote my edit:
    It's a weekly. Which means all different stages of people with all different types of personalities are going to be doing it. And it's part of a cultivation chain, which is required to do to access content. Which means people who haven't haven't finished their gear yet have plenty of reasons not to wait months to do it.

Sorry but you're arbitrary requirement doesn't mesh well with reality of the game and that's why you constantly ran into people attempting to do it before they finished their gear. BTW, what level 99 do you know that has g16 gear? What person do you know that dings level 100 and instantly has all the badges to have g16 gear. What server you on that level 80 warsong runs are just so common that it makes sense to have that as a requirement? Those things take time. You do things with random people, you should expect random stages of gear development. PWI makes content that requires people to participate in it at gear and level stages that don't meet your expectations, you shouldn't be surprised when people do so. Like I said there are ways to provide challenging content for people who are a different tier and stage of their in-game development without shoehorning it in to just any old content.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • AzureWings - Raging Tide
    AzureWings - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Great now it's not even showing up zen in "My Wallet" after a completed Paypal transaction.b:angry
  • c44102
    edited December 2013
    Options
    To quote my edit:

Sorry but you're arbitrary requirement doesn't mesh well with reality of the game and that's why you constantly ran into people attempting to do it before they finished their gear. BTW, what level 99 do you know that has g16 gear? What person do you know that dings level 100 and instantly has all the badges to have g16 gear. What server you on that level 80 warsong runs are just so common that it makes sense to have that as a requirement? Those things take time. You do things with random people, you should expect random stages of gear development. PWI makes content that requires people to participate in it at gear and level stages that don't meet your expectations, you shouldn't be surprised when people do so. Like I said there are ways to provide challenging content for people who are a different tier and stage of their in-game development without shoehorning it in to just any old content.

i agree with you not many level 99 have g16 gear waiting for them for when they hit 100. I know some that have it yes. I have helped friends get g15 so they can enjoy warsong and lunar runs to finish gearing up. my point is this its made possable for people to gear up high but theres no challanges really for those of us that do that others cant giving them a reason to want to gear up more its a game and games are ment to be challenging and thats where the fun is
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited December 2013
    Options
    i agree with you not many level 99 have g16 gear waiting for them for when they hit 100. I know some that have it yes. I have helped friends get g15 so they can enjoy warsong and lunar runs to finish gearing up. my point is this its made possable for people to gear up high but theres no challanges really for those of us that do that others cant giving them a reason to want to gear up more its a game and games are ment to be challenging and thats where the fun is

I agree with that part of your point, which is why I said it's a shame that HDD was removed. I think HDD was a good example of challenging done right. If you didn't have the gear to **** it in there, there was nothing in there that was required for you to do. But it was a nice way to farm pages for those who were up to the challenge. I just don't agree with trying to assume negative things about people's personalities because they aren't in the gear your want them to be in. Or that it has to be SOT that provides that challenge. There were obvious and legitimate issues that people who are lower than you on the gear scale were having with it. And that comes from the way the game was designed. Not just because of unnecessarily negative assumptions that were being asserted about people's personality on the sole basis of them being people who hadn't finished their gear yet wanted and/or needed to participate.

• c44102
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I agree with that part of your point, which is why I said it's a shame that HDD was removed. I think HDD was a good example of challenging done right. If you didn't have the gear to **** it in there, there was nothing in there that was required for you to do. But it was a nice way to farm pages for those who were up to the challenge. I just don't agree with trying to assume negative things about people's personalities because they aren't in the gear your want them to be in. Or that it has to be SOT that provides that challenge. There were obvious and legitimate issues that people who are lower than you on the gear scale were having with it. And that comes from the way the game was designed not just because of unnecessarily negative assumptions about another personality that was being made because someone who hadn't finished their gear yet wanted and/or needed to participate.

I do understand where you are comming from with the lower levels and there gear but can we get HDD if its a place where high geared people can go for a true challange that would be awesome but on a different note i do also 2nd what that other person asked about with cards droping in map 3 and 2 can those please come back those bosses are fun to kill also and great way to make money
  • Griev - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    Options

A challenge is (was ?) Hidden Dragons Den. Perfect place for all those overgeared players to have fun and even to look down on all of us casual players.

A Boss in a REQUIRED instance should be doable for EVERY kind of player, even if it is a bit difficult.

Such a Boss should NEVER require the help of an overpowered player to run that instance for the group, never!!!
    Up until Hellfire, every instance was doable on the lvl you got that quest in a squad. Some took their time to manage it, others were less difficult. But there was never a FB or Culti run, where i had to rely on a higher lvl player to even be able to have a chance to finish it. And that is exactly the point where the "improved" SoT failed.

The new Aba-Culti also has its difficulties, but at least it CAN be done at lvl99, even if it might take a while.
  • SirensTears - Archosaur
    SirensTears - Archosaur Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I was just wondering if this was a glitch or something based on certain things we all do differently. Some of us after rebirth get out bonus points ofc and then 5 points per lvl gained after this is what I get and seems right. However some others get the bonus and 10 or 15 per lvl thus having ppl like my brother with lvl 80 archers with over 800 in dex alone and has not even stated them all yet. is this a glitch or did I do something wrong that im not getting all those points when im back to my lvl I will only have a little more then 70 extra points I thought this was how it was suppose to work but many ppl are saying its not. At least 23 ppl I know are getting 10 or 15 of the points per lvl
  • Griev - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    Options
    i wish they put back card drop from mob in map 2 and 3. because that is my only income so far, grinding card, farming card boss and making perfect stone b:cry

Sad thing about these drops indeed, but at least the cards themselves still can be made and Card Bosses are still there.
  • Sylki - Harshlands
    Sylki - Harshlands Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    "Jolly Old jones Quest is back to it's original restrictions"

this should b under negative... now I'm bck to the poor house..ty pwi, ty soooo much b:surrender b:shedtear

seriously, what was wrong w/ us being able to do as many as we wanted in a day? some of us have a life so we can't do it every day. b:sweat I would do it for hours on sunday just b/c that was the day I was free to do it... plz change it bck so we can do as many as we want as long as we have the orders. idc about how only 1 range bracket toon can get the orders each day on the account as long as I can do it for as long as I have a bounty orders to take the quest. b:beg
  • c44102
    edited December 2013
    Options
    im off here you all have a good night but as far as the cards being made yes they can but after buying the tomefrags to make them and then the other mats to make the gear you make next to nothing from selling the P Stones so getting those cards to drop again would actualy be great thats a item that is always needed in the game
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I really think it's a shame that they removed the card drops from mobs.

• Toddloveleah - Harshlands
    Toddloveleah - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    im not sure if i was only one that noticed but when i was trading in tokens on the screen with the crab meats teles etc there was one item that was missing and just a blank square on the bottom :o.

Some event was spamming the chat at around 7pm central time with like a paragraph long red text i think it was "santa event" it posted the paragraph probably 5 times in about 45 seconds which only added to the horn spam -.-.

I'm also noticing a positive about the system my bm is at lvl 76 and yet hes 2k hp from where i was at 101 and only 1k attack from where i was at 101. I believe my dex might of been a bit higher than i needed it to be but it feels like ill reach my power i had before, before lvl 96 which is awesome. I know 25 points were added if you were 101 but somehow it feels like more.
  • innocencex
    innocencex Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    As Hidden Dragon's Den was removed the title "Doom of Eminence" is no longer obtainable (unless it has been moved to another boss/instance?).
  • Dami_ - Heavens Tear
    Dami_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Localisation Error HDD is not longer aviable, the NPCs that upgrade nirvi s2 to r8 recast are on cromagnong village, they are not longer needed.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Not sure if this has already been mentioned.

Now when you hold down the CTRL key you are unable to click on ground to move/click stuff.

This is very annoying when ventrillo PTT key is CTRL and trying to talk on vent whilst playing is annoying. Yes. I can change the PTT key but this is still a change/bug/observation.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I really hope that Venus will be payed in some way for this work. It's basically what CM should do, so it would be nice if Venus was given some Zen or at very least some Event Gold.
    b:victory
    It would be actually be very nice from PWE to award good moderators by giving them something in return. I say they do much better job than CM's right now.

--
    To not be 100% OT, I can just say that Prestige thing in Morai works fine here. Prestige/Influence is displaying correctly.
  • Vyvyan - Dreamweaver
    Vyvyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Ma Lin (Disabled Man's Story) has disappeared.
  • Ryuza_ - Raging Tide
    Ryuza_ - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    glitch in Wolf Emblem description
    "Rage Damage by 40% for 30minutes"

demon
    Yo~.
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    TW times are wonky.

There are only 6 TW's on lost city server this weekend. All starting at 20:00 either Saturday or Monday.

What happened to the 14:00 timeslot?

Monday TW's, in the past, would only be when the 14:00 and 20:00 timeslots were filled and it rolled over to that day.

Can we get a confirmation if the TW timeslots are now 20:00 either Saturday or Monday nights and the 14:00 are now the rollover times? Or was this just an over site with the expansion and will be turned back to usual TW times at a later date.
    b:bye
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    TW times are wonky.

There are only 6 TW's on lost city server this weekend. All starting at 20:00 either Saturday or Monday.

What happened to the 14:00 timeslot?

Monday TW's, in the past, would only be when the 14:00 and 20:00 timeslots were filled and it rolled over to that day.

Can we get a confirmation if the TW timeslots are now 20:00 either Saturday or Monday nights and the 14:00 are now the rollover times? Or was this just an over site with the expansion and will be turned back to usual TW times at a later date.

Not the first times it happens and usually they fix it during the following update
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Not the first times it happens and usually they fix it during the following update

I know. I've been here long enough to know that. But I can still ask for confirmation as I don't think it has been brought up yet.b:bye
    b:bye
  • Sylki - Harshlands
    Sylki - Harshlands Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Not sure if this has already been mentioned.

Now when you hold down the CTRL key you are unable to click on ground to move/click stuff.

This is very annoying when ventrillo PTT key is CTRL and trying to talk on vent whilst playing is annoying. Yes. I can change the PTT key but this is still a change/bug/observation.

having ctrl as ur PTT seems kinda odd anyway..why not have alt as the PTT .. if u have ur left hand on wasd ur thumb practically sits on alt...makes PTT way easier in my opinion (unless u're a lefty).
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options

Needs verification/maybe individual issues for some users

Prestige and Influence are not displaying accurately

I can confirm this.

I had 1766 Prestige and 30 influence before the expansion (I didn't do any morai quests after I logged in)...After I entered morai again it said 1689 Prestige and 322 Influence

When I checked the morai shop it said I still had 30 influence

Also, will the reward be the same or change for anyone who still has a Warsong BH? Or will it be uncompleteable

Is there any alternate way to get OHT materials(stamina/dexterity/power) if cards have been removed? I really like my OHT Gear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Also, will the reward be the same or change for anyone who still has a Warsong BH? Or will it be uncompleteable

I had several stacked BH100s; some are now for EU and TT, so if you had a stacked Warsong BH, it's now for a difference instance/boss.
    Is there any alternate way to get OHT materials(stamina/dexterity/power) if cards have been removed? I really like my OHT Gear

You can still get cards from the Land Elder in exchange for tome fragments, you just can't farm the cards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Roxxannae - Sanctuary
    Roxxannae - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I suppose this is a localization error: The Nuema Tiers that it claims the bosses drop aren't correct for Tiers 5 and 6 in the window and also the Nuema name upon dropping from the boss. They say Tier 4 instead.

Example: I go kill Ofotis for what would appear to be "Tier 4" and "Tier 4". The Nuemas that drop both claim to be "Tier 4" however one of them (with a red aura) gives a Tier 5 item instead.
  • MrJohnDoe - Dreamweaver
    MrJohnDoe - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Awesome job, love the expansion, the quests, the new content, the new features...

Great job i feel like PWI is back on track again like never. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Ancient Tome records get cut off mid-sentence. Date format used for Ancient Tome records is clunky. I mean really, who uses "year 2013 month 12 day 18" in real life?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
This discussion has been closed.