Official Notes/Observations for New Horizons - 1.30.14 UPDATED

Options

Comments

• Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    For character animation on the character select screen, I have noticed this and tested it:

1. Female BM animation requires Poleblade/Pike (Does not work when I equipped her with Dual Axe)

2. Female Seeker animation requires dual sword (Does not work when I equipped her with R9 sword)

b:bye

Barb needs dual axes or hammers for animation. Mine has a poleaxe and does nothing.

My veno does nothing and she has a glaive. Not sure what venos need (guessing pataka).

Edit: just tested and venos do work with a pataka.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Umbramagis - Archosaur
    Umbramagis - Archosaur Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Regarding the open oht maps, is this temperary or permanate cause its bad enough to open all 4 maps and having to deal with hellfire abomination when his dmg is really disasterous for a squad when you have under r9 geared.

And dont tell to just gear up, this would also be hazardous towards those that went sage and having to deal with a high dmg boss in sot for their fb99 culti. Heres what i'll say bout that.

Grow Up.
    I said on the second page, that I assumed that this fix (as I believe it to be) is their promised alternative to having to complete that tedious quest line just to get Celestial. If you want to spend longer in the areas, you have to do the whole quest line, but if you can kill the mobs you need for Celestial in the 2 hours you get...

I'd say that this is permanent, so long as the reception is positive b:victory
    The Doctor - Speak his name, and he will come. No matter where he is in time or space, if you need him, he will come.

Umbramagis - Celestial Sage Cleric 101/101/101 - Full G16 - Main
    Impedim - Celestial Sage Sin 101/8x - Full G16
    TerraEnsis - Demon Seeker 100/8x
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Positive: Many of the broken title quests appear to be fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I said on the second page, that I assumed that this fix (as I believe it to be) is their promised alternative to having to complete that tedious quest line just to get Celestial. If you want to spend longer in the areas, you have to do the whole quest line, but if you can kill the mobs you need for Celestial in the 2 hours you get...

I'd say that this is permanent, so long as the reception is positive b:victory

Yea i caught what ya said on the 2nd page, but what i was asking is if this is going to be permanate or temperary. I like having it where you dont have to unlock all 4 maps from the chrono culti. Since i hasnt gettin any help with it anyway. Plus now i can possibly get my celestial 100 skills.

Autopathing does work on mounts long as they are within a short desired distance, if its autopathing long distances where flying would be the better option, the freeze happens when your on a mount going long distances instead of short ones. otherwise if someone is going long distances for autopath, for now its better to just stow your mount and autopath to the location since it'll still automatically have ya hop onto your flyer.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • Morfeen - Dreamweaver
    Morfeen - Dreamweaver Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Cleric demon Spirit's Gift description says 'Demon version further empovers the target for 10 seconds, increasing Magic Attack by an additional 150%' , but the extra atk is still self-buff only.
    Crafting with orbs in COA has decreased time now
    b:laugh b:victory
    Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it is a plan!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anybody remotely interesting is mad, in some way or another.
  • Nudimmud - Lost City
    Nudimmud - Lost City Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    The BOT isn't time limited. Just change the time value to whatever you want it to be.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Big plus for those that do CoA..

Making warsoul tags now takes 1s instead of 5s. If you had a lot of astral souls it used to take around an hour to make tags but now it's much faster!
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I'll give you another negative Venus. Lack of daily storage space, lack of quest space. A lot of these new quests and pick-ups have too many timed items or are not account stash-able. I'm finding it hard to make room with all the other items I use on a daily basis or for PK that are kept with me in normal inventory. Same goes for all the daily quests I have to pick up or when I'm behind on BHs and divine orders.

Even if it takes getting expansions stones again, I don't care, but anything to get the inventory and quest list extended. Everything is already maxed out and with all this new stuff being added it stretches space out pretty thin.f:fume
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • trufflles
    trufflles Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    pros:
    Grade 9 elemental shards are now stackable (although g10 are not) f:grin
    The PW Lottery Npc is out from bh platform

pro/con:
    Cerminator now has only 10% hp and it's drop table is gone (no drops, i guess it was customized for the title)

cons:
    Even though autopath works awesome, if the path goes throw a narrow space (2 objects/npcs or something) the process is stopped instead of let's say "rerouting" the path (but i'm not complaining, the fact that autopath doesn't automatically gets u on flier is a huge +++++++ from me)

Alot of translation problems for the new items in the encyclopedia (pwi should check on that as it is totally gibberish/dfsdf-word-dsfdfsdf at some stuff)

The Event Gold functionality now requires useless steps to get out of the buy panel (even after u've hit OK and purchased the item u still have to click cancel to get out of the panel)

i'll just edit this post when more things come to mind, instead of opening another post.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    trufflles wrote: »
    pro/con: Cerminator now has only 10% hp and it's drop table is gone (no drops, i guess it was customized for the title)
    The same goes for Watcher of Chasm

Another pro (i guess):
    Hellfire Abomination's attack power has been nerfed

Was:
    Physical Attack
    10115 - 12138

Magic Attack
    10115 - 12138

Is now:
    Physical Attack
    7115 - 8138

Magic Attack
    7115 - 8138

5. heres something new, when porting to an instance using the illusion stone in archosaur, i tried to test the nuema thing with qingzi, i used inner harmony right before porting, i saw that i got 2 sparks but when i was inside my chi dissapears.
    Not new, has always been that way that you lose all your chi upon entering his instance.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Options
    The BOT isn't time limited. Just change the time value to whatever you want it to be.

Even if you do that, if you look at the remaining time it says 166 hours and some odd minutes.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited December 2013
    Options
    OHT Changes:
    Big big bad con

They removed card drops (for card bosses) in OHT on all mobs.
    You can now only obtain cards by trading 2 mystical tome fragments at the land elder in OHT

Twilight Template Changes:
    Another Con... or somewhat pro, mostly neutral I guess, i'm not sure how to categorize it:

Removal of Fairy Box drops from TT bosses, which is a negative
    A positive side of it is that all other drops (including golds) have slightly been increased due to it's removal but in perspective, it's still the same chance because every drop on the table has received increased chance, which makes it a neutral.
    As example:
    This is the old Illusion Lord: Armageddon:
    # Name | Default drop rate | Real drop rate
    1 Big Luminostone | 26.3883% | 99.9359%
    2 Big Golden Sculpture | 25.1889% | 99.9056%
    3 Sign of Twilight | 16.6667% | 98.7421%
    4 Illusion Spring | 8.3333% | 87.6098%
    5 Leaf of Unicorn Forest | 7.1968% | 83.3463%
    6 Stone of the Scarred | 5.9973% | 77.3344%
    7 Fairy Box | 4.9594% | 70.5001%
    8 Tear of Heaven | 2.3989% | 44.1642%
    9 Desert Tower Miniature | 1.1995% | 25.1452%
    10 Illusion Stone | 0.4167% | 9.5359%
    11 Illusion Lord's Stone | 0.4167% | 9.5359%
    12 Crusade Order II: B | 0.4167% | 9.5359%
    13 Crusade Order II: A | 0.4167% | 9.5359%
    14 Heart of Nature | 0.0042% | 0.1008%

This is the new Illusion Lord: Armageddon:
    # Name | Default drop rate | Real drop rate
    1 Big Luminostone | 27.7653% | 99.9593%
    2 Big Golden Sculpture | 26.5033% | 99.9383%
    3 Sign of Twilight | 17.5364% | 99.0221%
    4 Illusion Spring | 8.7681% | 88.946%
    5 Leaf of Unicorn Forest | 7.5723% | 84.8905%
    6 Stone of the Scarred | 6.3102% | 79.0774%
    7 Tear of Heaven | 2.5241% | 45.858%
    8 Desert Tower Miniature | 1.2621% | 26.2753%
    9 Illusion Stone | 0.4384% | 10.0078%
    10 Illusion Lord's Stone | 0.4384% | 10.0078%
    11 Crusade Order II: B | 0.4384% | 10.0078%
    12 Crusade Order II: A | 0.4384% | 10.0078%
    13 Heart of Nature | 0.0044% | 0.1055%

Morai changes:
    Pro change

To add more info on this end (I guess it was Skai who edited the OP with it)
    Positive

Morai daily quests' experience reward increased significantly

Not only the XP, but also the prestige gained was raised:
    The normal divine quests gave 20 prestige, they now give 30 prestige.
    Was:
    Prestige Gained 20

Is now:
    获得 30 点威望

And the timed morai daily quest went from 25 to 40 prestige
    The weekly quest to kill Atuin went from 60 to 90 prestige (the xp reward is also raised for this weekly)
    The saturday evening mob kill thing (e.g. Machinated Terror) item "Universal Principal" went from 80 to 120 prestige. XP reward from it was also slightly raised but not as much.

Continuation on (mini) worldboss:
    Neutral/Pro

Probably due to title quest as well:
    Deiciter Black
    no longer drops items, stat-wise he is the same

I think it's safe to assume (mini) world bosses that are linked to titles quests don't drop anything anymore. HOPEFULLY they will spawn more often as well so more people can finish the title chains.

Skill descriptions:
    Archer localization error:
    ΩKiss of Snake poison duration is stated wrongly
    Soon™
  • hoover69
    hoover69 Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Even if you do that, if you look at the remaining time it says 166 hours and some odd minutes.

what happens when the 166 hours is used up?
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    The Second portion of the Golden Years quest seems Glitchy. It stats you get 10 Light of Glory for playing 120 minutes. On one character I got the 10 for a total of 11 in one day. On my other character, though I only got 1 both times for 2. =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    The__Sun - Dreamweaver Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    For that quest in the new area, all you have to do is have enough Vitae to continue the quests you don't have to awaken again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Question is..what do you do to collect vitae (besides the quest chain) o_o should try and make a list hmm.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Yea i had the same problem with the golden years quest part 2 as i'll call it. was suppose to give 10 light of glory, instead was givin only 1.

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Oh nevermind it seems that Its a 20% chance for 10 and 80% chance for 1. Lame. Mistranslation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options

166 and 39 minutes is 9999 minutes which is the maximum number you can enter. It's not really an error. The servers are not even up for that long continuously due to weekly maintenance.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • chunnin33
    chunnin33 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Is anyone else having issues with refining in that the item being refined switches?

Earlier I was refining a pair of tt80 Hook and Thorns when my Adversity Daggers in Inventory swapped to the refine slot as I hit refine.

In other words lost my +10.
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Hidden dragons den is broken possibly, got it from a friend saying how the entrance is visible but no one can enter it. plus the rewards npc for it is also missing or broken.

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    Options
    PWCN had announced removing it so it's possibly removed, not broken per se.
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    that's sad, even without the entrance and the forges it was a fun and "not game breaking" instance to farm in. actually one of the few broken things that had an actual positive feedback from the community.
  • Toraah - Archosaur
    Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Question is..what do you do to collect vitae (besides the quest chain) o_o should try and make a list hmm.

There are two dailies in your calender that give you vitae. I can't remember the names, but one is able to be done at level 50 and the other at level 80. There are also pills in the boutique that give 100 vitae. They are 1 gold each.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos
  • LunarWolf - Dreamweaver
    LunarWolf - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    There are 2 of: Grand Solar Avatar, Tree of Season and Grand Lunar Avatar.
    As well as Winter Spirit, Autum Spirit; Winter Harbinger and Autum Harbinger NPC in south archo.
    When all else fails play dead - You got teh zombie balls b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LunarWolf - 100 mystic | Ordelia - 100 cleric | Mightena - 9x veno | Garudi - 9x psy | various alts and stuff...
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    Options
    There are two dailies in your calender that give you vitae. I can't remember the names, but one is able to be done at level 50 and the other at level 80. There are also pills in the boutique that give 100 vitae. They are 1 gold each.

Yeah just did one of them. I'm sort 2 levels for the second.
    It's not too bad though I guess. I'm just looking forward continuing the quests b:laugh
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    You get stuck while dismounting when autopathing.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    No more fairy boxes in HH/TT.
    Mistake or is this the plan?
    b:shutup
    edited December 2013
    Options
    No more fairy boxes in HH/TT.
    Mistake or is this the plan?
    b:shutup

Most likely intended, see my post here in this thread, it got removed from the drop table.

Mods are slacking with updating the OP b:avoid
    Soon™
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I'll give you another negative Venus. Lack of daily storage space, lack of quest space. A lot of these new quests and pick-ups have too many timed items or are not account stash-able. I'm finding it hard to make room with all the other items I use on a daily basis or for PK that are kept with me in normal inventory. Same goes for all the daily quests I have to pick up or when I'm behind on BHs and divine orders.

Even if it takes getting expansions stones again, I don't care, but anything to get the inventory and quest list extended. Everything is already maxed out and with all this new stuff being added it stretches space out pretty thin.f:fume
    More and more stuff, many of which is not-account stashable.
    When I got to take my R9 stuff off for reawakening were am I gonna put it?
    b:angry

Make it so you can use safe stones to add 2 more lines to the bank (81-88; 89-96) please.
    Or make a quest in the new place only available to those who reawoke to add an entire other 80 slots using big safe stone.
    b:surrender
This discussion has been closed.