Official Notes/Observations for New Horizons - 1.30.14 UPDATED

Options

Comments

• Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Part of the celestial demon culti might be bugged since i cant get the orange key, red key and yellow key. ive already killed all three of em, but it wont complete.

I was killing those for hours. They have a horrible drop rate. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Just wanted to note a postive change.

Now after chaging zones with my pet, it will still do the select default attack.

Before the expansion if I was for example in PW with my pet, it would automatically attack with the selected default attack. But if I went to Morai, instead of doing the selected default attack, it would do just normal attacks, without using skills. The only way to fix this was to resummon.

Now it doesn't matter how many times I change zone, if I select skill A to be default attack, my pet will use that skill as long as is not in cooldown.

I hope this will also fix the problem of NW, when we switched battlefields.
  • Roxxannae - Sanctuary
    Roxxannae - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Not sure if this is in here somewhere as I admit I am too lazy to read, I did post this on the Quality Corner but worth putting in here as well to note up on the first post.

The new Mighty Swing skill that Barbs use show an animation of the person receiving damage "being knocked over" from the paralysis effect. Only the person dealing and the person taking the damage see this animation, however. Anyone else just sees the person standing still.

Referring to the first sentence also xD I will try marriage quest with my husband and let you know if it works or not as he is reincarnated and I am not.
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Marriage quest worked fine for me today. I'm re-incarnated, he's not.
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • Roxxannae - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Yep, I just did MQ now and it worked fine, no issues.
  • Blue__Lycan - Sanctuary
    Blue__Lycan - Sanctuary Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Demon intensified true form newly mentions giving 40% hp up from 30%, but there is no change in hp from what I had before upon use.
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Φ Swirling mist's tool tip lists the same damage as the omega version, despite it saying it does more damage.

The sage version shows the added damage over the demon version, but the new ones have the same damage numbers. Hopefully its just cosmetic, because this new skill has become my new favorite f:thanks

Also, now you have a pink swirly around you when something aggros you into combat. It took me a while to figure out why I seemed to be randomly swirling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Metalogue - Archosaur
    Metalogue - Archosaur Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I'm level 100 now, and unable to complete the blue and purple divine quests that I had prior to reincarnating. I'm also unable to accept ANY divine quests - all throughout bh69, 79, and now even 100.
  • Morfeen - Dreamweaver
    Morfeen - Dreamweaver Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I'm level 100 now, and unable to complete the blue and purple divine quests that I had prior to reincarnating. I'm also unable to accept ANY divine quests - all throughout bh69, 79, and now even 100.

Not sure, but divine quests, which you get Honor of the Void for, might be 101+
    idk about the issue with the rest though
    Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it is a plan!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anybody remotely interesting is mad, in some way or another.
  • Griev - Dreamweaver
    Griev - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Quest Awarding on different toons seems to be quite random. I only got the full range of those lvl-Quests from the Golden Chest (iE reaching lvl1,10 and so on) on 1 character, others got 2 or 3 and some only 1 quest from it. Its at least a bit strange :)

Also as a positive imo, adding TT as a BH.
    A BIG negative, removing WS from BH List b:sad

ps. WHY DID THE FAIRY BOXES GO ??????????????????
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    one thing to note, while testing out the bot tonight, it does not buff/rebuff bp i had it set for 59 mins.

I placed the skill in the slot and tried using a macro it did not use either one

actually i think you need the auto pot stone for this -- ignore

i was wrong again, closing the window for bot and it will buff
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Roxxannae - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Quest Awarding on different toons seems to be quite random. I only got the full range of those lvl-Quests from the Golden Chest (iE reaching lvl1,10 and so on) on 1 character, others got 2 or 3 and some only 1 quest from it. Its at least a bit strange :)

I guess I'll add to this. My level 56 Archer was able to get every reward from level 1 up to her current level, however both my level 66-67 alts only had the level 65 and up rewards. My other characters also had the rewards for *roughly* around their level range or higher.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options

You will be able to complete those at 101. The set of quests for 100 and 101 are different.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Not sure if all the new merged skills have this issue, but whenever I use Tiger Leap, it doesn't make any kind of sound effect at all!

Edit: I'm not sure if anyone else is having this tiny issue, but sometimes, on the mini map, I get a horizontal graphic glitch line, which is very thin, but it get on my nerves. I'll try to SS it and post it here when i get the time.
  • Bobzl - Sanctuary
    Bobzl - Sanctuary Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Primal World chain quest at some point asks you to come back after the "fourth re-awakening" to continue. As far as we know only two re-awakenings available. (probably just a localization error)

I believe I got past this part of the quest chain after getting to Arcane Sky III.
  • Dami_ - Heavens Tear
    Dami_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Finaly, Dragons Hidden Den (Hidden Dragon Den) was removed or we can't enter because is a glitch?
  • c44102
    c44102 Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Please post in this thread any and all changes (not just bugs and glitches) that have been made to the game that isn't in the patch notes.

Positive
    Autopath automatically goes around obstacles
    Improved max resistances across the board
    You get 500k coins for completing BH lunar
    Grade 9 shards are now stackable
    Hellfire Abominations damage has been significantly reduced
    Manufacturing items now tells you the quantity you'll manufacture, even without the required materials
    Morai daily quests' experience, prestige, and influence reward increased significantly
    Pets will still do whatever is set as their default attack after changing zones without having to be resummoned

Neutral
    All OHT maps are accessible without doing chrono culti for a limited time
    Politician Level 1 bow now requires Archer class
    At the startup screen some classes require certain weapon types to view the animations. BMs require pikes, Seekers require dual swords. Venos require patakas, Barbs require dual axes, wizards require magic swords. Archer animation doesn't appear to work at all.
    FB19-79 have had various dreamchaser/new legendary level gear added to the drop table. Low level molds have been removed from these bosses. This armor drops really frequently but is not tradeable or account stashable.
    Commission Icon has been removed from UI, you can still access it by pressing the function button
    Cenimator and Watcher of Chasm have much less HP and do not drop anything. Decieter Black also doesn't drop anything but stats have remained unchanged.
    Drop rates on all items in TT have been increased slightly
    Cultivation Assisant's botting availability is time limited to 166 hours and 39 minutes (or 9999 minutes). You will only run into this limit if server doesn't get reset at maintenance.

Negative
    Blinking Poultices are no longer obtainable by exchanging bound dreamchaser gear has been replaced with 1 perfect stone
    New Game Font is hard to read on some monitors or by some people
    Mulberry Heart quest has been disabled but NPC has not been removed
    Roll Call Daily is available from the chest now but isn't trashable
    Instance matching system requires a barb and a cleric
    The button for Auto-pot has disappeared and is only accessible through pressing the "h" button
    Card drops from mobs have been removed
    Orbs of cultivation now have a level 95 requisite and cannot be used on reincarnated characters
    Supply Stash has been removed
    Fairy Boxes have been removed
    Hidden Dragons Den has been removed

Localization Errors
    Blood paints description is completely wrong (it describes a fake effect, doesn't mention actual effect)
    Bounty Hunter 1 (EU) has an error in the instance name
    Spirits Gift has description error (extra buff is still self only, not target)
    COA orb crafting/warsoul tag crafting time has significantly decreased from 5s to 1s.
    1k exp ticket from exp event scratchcard incorrectly says it contains 1k event silver rather than exp.
    Assistant Wang Tsai just says "For" in the first tab where you would exchange dreamchaser gear for p.stones
    Kiss of Snake has description error (poison duration is incorrect)

Bug Fixes
    Jolly Old jones Quest is back to it's original restrictions
    Many title quests have been fixed

Bugs/Glitches:

Certain instances cannot be entered
    Game freezes when attempting to autopath a long distance from a mount. Can be fixed by relogging or using town teleport pot or by embracing
    Can't summon venomancer pets when flying
    Clicking war avatar button at the bottom of the screen crashes client
    The NUEMA you dig, when you right click it while the war avatar screen is open doesnt seem to be added up to the current NUEMA unless you reopen the avatar screen
    Santa does not show up for the Santa Event
    Auto path doesn't ignore all obstacles or while flying and doesn't work in instances
    Both the fall and winter seasonal NPCs are present

Misc Problems/Problems that need more information
    Nation Wars is called Cross server nation wars and claims 100+ and reincarnated characters only are allowed to attend(probably just a localization error)
    Primal World chain quest at some point asks you to come back after the "fourth re-awakening" to continue. As far as we know only two re-awakenings available. (probably just a localization error)
    Certain 3 star OHT gear decomposes into 5 p.stones instead of mirage stones. Unclear if this is a bug as this is less p.stones than 2 star equipment.
    Matching love quest (leon love) is removed (is this a bug or intentional?)

Needs verification/maybe individual issues for some users
    Marriage quest cannot be completed if reincarnated or both have to be reincarnated?
    War avatar system displays incorrectly on some monitors
    Prestige and Influence are not displaying accurately

Bring Back HellFire Damage he didnt hit that hard i solo him all the time to show off i want his damage back to normal making him weak enforces people to stay weak i say make his damage higher he was easy to solo TBH too easy without the items people used to reduce his damage already so make his damage higher now weaker this way those of us that has geared up still has a challange
  • Griev - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    Options
    c44102 wrote: »
    Bring Back HellFire Damage he didnt hit that hard i solo him all the time to show off i want his damage back to normal making him weak enforces people to stay weak i say make his damage higher he was easy to solo TBH too easy without the items people used to reduce his damage already so make his damage higher now weaker this way those of us that has geared up still has a challange

blah blah blah .......

Btw, punctuation and formatting seems to be skills that can't be bought in Boutique apparently b:chuckle
  • c44102
    edited December 2013
    Options
    blah blah blah .......

Btw, punctuation and formatting seems to be skills that can't be bought in Boutique apparently b:chuckle

No i dont need any of that junk on the boss never have he was too easy already to make him eaiser is a joke i thought pwi was going to give people a challange and it was fun watching people die left and right from the aeo tbh all they gotta do is spend a lil time gearing up
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Options
    No i dont need any of that junk on the boss never have he was too easy already to make him eaiser is a joke i thought pwi was going to give people a challange and it was fun watching people die left and right from the aeo tbh all they gotta do is spend a lil time gearing up

I think it makes far more sense to make new content challenging, while keeping content that is required for things like dailies which are supposed to encourage people intermingle with others, at a rate that even some fresh and new to 100 can do. There should be tiers of content. I approve of that nerf but think they should have left in HDD. Anyway if it was as easy as you said it is for you, then it really isn't about skill which is a lame way to do the challenge.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • c44102
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I think it makes far more sense to make new content challenging, while keeping content that is required for things like dailies which are supposed to encourage people intermingle with others, at a rate that even some fresh and new to 100 can do. There should be tiers of content. I approve of that nerf but think they should have left in HDD.

True should be possible yes but they made it where all they had to do was go dig the items that made it possible for them for those of us that actialy know out toon and geared up that didnt need it took the only challenge they had finely gave us
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options

I am pretty sure this is a localization error. I got to Arcane Sky III and IV and continued with the Primal World quests then when I went back to check that NPC, it had no quests for me and no grey shield. Also, between III and IV, another NPC did the whole grey shield until advancing to a higher Arcane Sky thing as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Griev - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    Options

A little time gearing up ?

If ppl die(d) at at that Boss with full G16, its too hard for being in a daily or weekly quest. Let alone being part of a REQUIRED Culti Quest at lvl99 (at which there is NO G16 or Rank IX).

Also i seem to have missed the part, that it is required to spend thousands of $ to participate in this game.

ps. and you really proved my point about those skills b:laugh
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited December 2013
    Options
    True should be possible yes but they made it where all they had to do was go dig the items that made it possible for them for those of us that actialy know out toon and geared up that didnt need it took the only challenge they had finely gave us

The problem with that is that it was linked to stuff that people are required to do with all gear sets. Stuff like that shouldn't require good gear. And if it simply became a cake walk that didn't even require you to do the instance the way it was designed just because you have good gear, then I fail to see the challenge in it for the good geared players either. Challenges for the best gear should come from things that are optional but worth doing, like HDD. Not just from stuff that people are required to do access content and learn skills imo.
    I am pretty sure this is a localization error. I got to Arcane Sky III and IV and continued with the Primal World quests then when I went back to check that NPC, it had no quests for me and no grey shield. Also, between III and IV, another NPC did the whole grey shield until advancing to a higher Arcane Sky thing as well.

Thanks, editing it now.

• c44102
    edited December 2013
    Options
    A little time gearing up ?

If ppl die(d) at at that Boss with full G16, its too hard for being in a daily or weekly quest. Let alone being part of a REQUIRED Culti Quest at lvl99 (at which there is NO G16 or Rank IX).

Also i seem to have missed the part, that it is required to spend thousands of $ to participate in this game.

ps. and you really proved my point about those skills b:laugh

yeah about that im RRR9 +10 Refined Barb and spend no money getting it so when i say spend time gearing up means they need to unlazy there self and go make money in the game and get good gear
  • Griev - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    Options
    yeah about that im RRR9 +10 Refined Barb and spend no money getting it so when i say spend time gearing up means they need to unlazy there self and go make money in the game and get good gear

Again, at lvl 99 ??????

Which is, in case you don't know, the lvl i HAVE to enter SoT to finish my Culti/FB run.

And btw, some of us here actually have a life outside PWI :)
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited December 2013
    Options

Because everyone who isn't r999 +10 is lazy? So I''m gonna go out on a limb and say you were a super lazy person before you got r999 then. Even when you were working your butt off to farm it, you were lazy. After all anyone who isn't already r999+10 is lazy. There is no such thing as casual players? No such thing as new players? No such thing as people who don't want r999 because they don't pvp and choose to use g16 gear. No such thing as people who are only freshly level 100 and haven't been level 100 very long? A player who is determined to get their culti done at the level they receive it is lazy? A level 99 can wear r999+10 if only they tried hard enough?

It's a weekly. Which means all different stages of people with all different types of personalities are going to be doing it. And it's part of a cultivation chain, which is required to do to access content. Which means people who haven't haven't finished their gear yet have plenty of reasons not to wait months to do it.

• c44102
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Because everyone who isn't r999 +10 is lazy? There is no such thing as casual players? No such thing as new players? No such thing as people who don't want r999 because they don't pvp and choose to use g16 gear. No such thing as people who are only freshly level 100 and haven't been level 100 very long? A player who is determined to get their culti done at the level they receive it is lazy? A level 99 can wear r999+10 if only they tried hard enough?

theres a thing called a catshop those people that casualy play can have that going and make a killing while they are off enjoying life b:pleased the instances are ment for the lower levels to have help and do there culti with friends to enjoy doing it as a team and i can kill hellfire in my g16 +5 refined gear so no excuses
  • Griev - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Because everyone who isn't r999 +10 is lazy? There is no such thing as casual players? No such thing as new players? No such thing as people who don't want r999 because they don't pvp and choose to use g16 gear. No such thing as people who are only freshly level 100 and haven't been level 100 very long? A player who is determined to get their culti done at the level they receive it is lazy? A level 99 can wear r999+10 if only they tried hard enough?

Oops, forgot about that small detail, where r9 is not even interresting for me because i don't do PvP, thx for the reminder , silly me b:chuckle
  • c44102
    edited December 2013
    Options
    you may not like it but you put any decent geared barb on hellfire ( the non nurfed one ) and it should be no problem now decent geared is g16 not saying you have to be rrr9 to kill it
This discussion has been closed.