New PW Expansion (PWCN: Glory and Rebirth)

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I gotta admit the new instances look interesting and bring some new elements o.o
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • BlackRapture - Raging Tide
    BlackRapture - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Still catching up to endgame gear, let alone refines and shards for said gears, my meridian is less than respectable, my pets are a work in progress. Still OPish, but so much needs to be done. I haven't spent much time working on titles that give barely anything toward stats as far as I can tell. Just got all but one skill maxed. And now they flip out the next hand in the deck, yet another stat modifier, of far more power, that seems like if you don't partake in getting them, you now become obsolete. And reincarnation that, from what I gather, if you're not level capped, you may as well wait to try it out, making you fall even further behind. Oh, and let's not forget skill merges require reincarnation. Put endgame slightly out of reach and yank it back... I'm not the only one who can't keep up with power creep xD But oh well, by the time I'm 105, I'll have the current state of endgame down, then I can focus on the new stuff when the next big thing hits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...when things collapse around you...
    ...they are merely falling into place...
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Also
    PK Fest? With bosses/mobs?
    Almost looks like you have to kill the other side to gain control to get the boss or something
    18:13 secs in there is a new pop up menu

Could also just be a PvP server where they show this on.

But if it is something based where one team has to kill another to control something, then I don't think this is going to be a very active thing most of the time, unless they add something where they can make battles balanced and not lolroflcopter R9rr+12 squad vs insert squad that doesnt even match up
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The Chinese servers are all PVP servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    Looks like the expansion has been announced for the 18th Dec.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Sweetiebot find the manual patch
    EDIT: Not yet :<
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Sweetiebot find the manual patch
    The latest manual patch is here: Patch 758-760 (889KB)
    This is the newest one that's officially listed and I don't see anything newer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    The__Sun - Dreamweaver Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    update came quicker than I expected
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    update came quicker than I expected

i agree

i was thinking mid of Jan..and even so i believe pwi aint rdy for it

so much to fix of old content
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    I think DoD indirectly said they tried to rush this so we get it sooner, probably to cheer players up after the orb incident. <- my interpretation.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    for first time im not excited about new content...f:worry

since the old one is not fixed
    FIX VENO INSTANCE !!!! GOD DANG IT!!!! f:fume
  • rayalonglegs
    rayalonglegs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    so any clue if faction merit and contribution carry over
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    I see no reason why they wouldn't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide
    Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Wait. What's that smell? *sniff, sniff* Smells like incoming disaster of a rushed, incomplete, not fully functional expansion.
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjQ2MDgxMzM2.html
    Not sure if that one has been posted yet but it looks like another part of the instance that Asterelle posted

EDIT** http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjQ2NTMzMTAw.html
    This one seems to be a more in depth version of the one you posted Asterelle so maybe it could help a bit more (possibly with voice explanation however would still need someone to translate)

Also
    PK Fest? With bosses/mobs?
    Almost looks like you have to kill the other side to gain control to get the boss or something
    18:13 secs in there is a new pop up menu

french song at the start in the first vid

all i noticed :p
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I didnt see it mentioned in the original post, and since its coming, fairly soon, and I dont want to go read through 100+ pages... i'll ask this here.

When we reincarnate do we keep lvl 10/11 version of our skills, or do they reset?

It almost sounded like they do with the reduced cost to level them up, but perhaps I am reading too much into that... I really hope that we do keep them, as it would really make me hesitate to do this reincarnation thing, even if the trade off seems to be worth all that touble... but still I want to keep my demon hf/sage vortex.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Wait. What's that smell? *sniff, sniff* Smells like incoming disaster of a rushed, incomplete, not fully functional expansion.
    RUN! run for the hills!

i will safely hold your account for you while you look for safe ground
    b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Mazumii - Dreamweaver
    Mazumii - Dreamweaver Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    sounds like a bunch of filthy garbage, this supposed expansion will bring more bugs than before
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    I didnt see it mentioned in the original post, and since its coming, fairly soon, and I dont want to go read through 100+ pages... i'll ask this here.

When we reincarnate do we keep lvl 10/11 version of our skills, or do they reset?

It almost sounded like they do with the reduced cost to level them up, but perhaps I am reading too much into that... I really hope that we do keep them, as it would really make me hesitate to do this reincarnation thing, even if the trade off seems to be worth all that touble... but still I want to keep my demon hf/sage vortex.

You keep all skills you know, and all cultivations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You keep all skills you know, and all cultivations.

Good to know ty so much for the info. <3 ^^
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Since the expansion was announced for next week, I need to know if my info is right.

Is there any downside from reincarnating at Lv. 104 compared to Lv. 105 besides the starting stat points?

Will the 5 stats given at 105 be forever lost or will I ultimately reach the same amount as everyone in the end?

Are the new skill upgrades connected to reincarnation?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm also curious about if spirit resets upon ascension too? I know the exp does, but not sure about the spirit.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    The__Sun - Dreamweaver Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Confirmed for carrying over:
    Ability to use gear without stat requirements (such as belts).
    Spirit

from the main page
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ok, so I have a question that i'm sure it was answered somewhere on these 120 pages...

About these merged skills:

1) Do you have to be "reborn" to be able to learn them?

2) Do they have a completely new animation, or are they just going to merge the skill animations too?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    Since the expansion was announced for next week, I need to know if my info is right.

Is there any downside from reincarnating at Lv. 104 compared to Lv. 105 besides the starting stat points?

Will the 5 stats given at 105 be forever lost or will I ultimately reach the same amount as everyone in the end?

Are the new skill upgrades connected to reincarnation?

Points won't be forever lost. You can put EXP into old level "historical level" later to get the stat points you're missing.

• XxWilxX - Heavens Tear
    XxWilxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Points won't be forever lost. You can put EXP into old level "historical level" later to get the stat points you're missing.

That completly sucks, ijs
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm also curious about if spirit resets upon ascension too? I know the exp does, but not sure about the spirit.

Very good question... I have more than 650 million spirit points available and won't have time to use them on some new genies before the new expansion b:shocked
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    That completly sucks, ijs

No, it doesn't. It's a way to allow everyone to reincarnate along with their friends and have fun questing together.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No, it doesn't. It's a way to allow everyone to reincarnate along with their friends and have fun questing together.

According to me you will more probably see a lot of people rushing fc to up as fast as possible
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    According to me you will more probably see a lot of people rushing fc to up as fast as possible

People will hit 70s in minutes with exp food. Then fc.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.