Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    Friendship is manly.

Very manly.

xDD
    Wouldn't mind seeing an episode with them.
    Preferably Gilda's/Trixie's
    We HnK now.

medium.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
    edited November 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm so glad EQD hides their season 4 spoilers well lol Not looking at any of it but holy cow xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited November 2013
    Ah yes, EQD. Seth was visiting this thread as well.
    Here's another.
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've been too busy to even look at spoilers x.x

But wow, 4 days away.
  • mayral
    mayral Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ponies, ponies, ponies, ponies fqing EVERYWHERE!!! I see ponies wherever I go! I'm going crazyb:chuckle I guess I should start watching those episodes, maybe it will make me feel rested
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
    edited November 2013

We're all mad..
    Even the nor/mlp/eople are often so.

Now, lets see how this thread fares throughout this season and beyond.

mlfw5593-rdanimated7.gif
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, yeah, double post. This is IMPORTANT.

S4 premier overview is available now!

Edit: Eh, they took it down, huh...I think someone saved it, so I'll edit this again once I found the link.
    Edit2: Found it. Read if you dare.

Panic.mp3
    473859__safe_solo_animated_lily_lily+valley_artist-colon-mrponiator_panic.gif
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I love that image xD but I shall wait till the episodes air :3
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
    edited November 2013
    What really gets me about this is that EFN got these details without being on the press list. Even the guys at the Hub are at a loss about it. . .

Edit: Another Promo clip
    edited November 2013
    S4 Premiere was okay.
    Edit: after watching it again, 6/10.
    Decent but not without lots of issues.

>Episode Link

401888__safe_solo_fluttershy_animated_artist-colon-hankofficer_nod.gif
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    S4 Premiere was okay.
    Edit: after watching it again, 6/10.
    Decent but not without lots of issues.

>Episode Link

I loved all the backstory we got with historical events! That alone made everything satisfying. The rest I can't really say there was any part that stood out as being particularly remarkable. How could they not have any songs? :(
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
    edited November 2013
    >Historical events

I actually had a problem with how those were handled...

Firstly, even before the flashbacks, Zecora (who I'm glad they mentioned in a 2 parter and not just conveniently left out when the Everfree went wild) had a potion that was only able to be made consumable with "alicorn magic" (which looked like Sombra/Sunset Satan's evil magic...imagine the >implications) and only by an alicorn. How would she know this? There were only 3 alicorns in existence before Twilight, so I doubt she would have a chance to study that magic's properties to determine that. This was far, far too convenient of a plot device.

Anyway, the actual flashbacks. The NMM one was completely irrelevant to the story, only glossing over what we already knew since S1. It also (softly) retconned the "Nightmare Force" from the comic series that explained Luna and Rarity's transformation into Nightmares. That aside, their fight was awfully lacking and ended incredibly quickly. Here we have two Greater Alicorns, one being a former bearer of the Elements, and their magic combat was nothing more than beam-spam (c'mon, even Magic Duel showed more incredible feats).

Its no surprise that NMM's story was brushed off as an "Old Mare's Tale" when she only destroyed a portion of the castle and never existed for more than an evening, considering she was defeated within the same day of her transformation (and ironically enough, her return).

Now, the Discord flashback....

Another battle in which we knew of the results (only barring the detail with the seeds). It would have been better if Discord wasn't laughing/taunting them the entire time and showed off some more of what he could do during the confrontation, or even give us a glimpse of how he truly came to be.

Luna is present for it, but has no speaking role whatsoever. That's a bit disappointing - she could have never been there at all and that scene could have still played out the same. In any case, if Discord found the need to plant those seeds to attack the tree of Harmony and overrun Equestria to begin with (therefore realizing the Tree and the Elements from it are a potential threat), why did he not attack the Princesses when they confronted him with the very bane of his existence?

Really, aside from the seed thing with Discord, if they really wanted to go through a trip to the past, this should have been a 3 part episode to add greater detail and story that we didn't already know.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    I did feel like it was a little short for all the things they had to add to it but I did enjoy the back story of it. I have to admit I found the Crystal Empire premiere a lot more exciting and the Discord premiere more entertaining but I still enjoyed it :D

It looks like there's gonna me some minor sub-plot of sorts, probably finishing at finale but it did made me pretty curious.
    edited November 2013
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    ... Nope not clicking that. D:
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited November 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    ... Nope not clicking that. D:

>MFW

341683__safe_twilight+sparkle_fluttershy_crossover_equestria+girls_jojo%27s+bizarre+adventure_style+parody_stand_artist-colon-sioux092310_steel+ball+run.jpeg
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Nope. I have my anti-spoiler wall activated.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    S0 this wh0le new seas0n was basically a fl0p? N0t surprised, already predicted it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    tumblr_lez5deBJr11qdxcek.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited December 2013
    clericpwi_by_rudragalefang-d6xz7qd.png

So, nothing on the past two new episodes?

S0 this wh0le new seas0n was basically a clop

FTFY. b:chuckle
  • KenNoHime - Lost City
    KenNoHime - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think Season 4 is not bad at all. Sure there are a few flaws for the older audience, but remember, it's a kids show so don't over analyze it!
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    I think Season 4 is not bad at all. Sure there are a few flaws for the older audience, but remember, it's a kids show so don't over analyze it!

I think that's what some people do and end up being disappointing. You are right; it's a kids show. You gotta appreciate it for what it is :P
    Not saying feedback/critique over is it wrong but people on other sites I visit seem to forget what MLP is and just over analyze it.
    edited December 2013
    147072__safe_twilight+sparkle_meme_face_artist-colon-ajmstudios_unimpressed_funny+face_expression_really_the+face.jpg

I think its too soon to judge. So far though, its looking better than S3 and on par with S1 and early/mid S2 (at least that's how I see it). We'll know what to think of the season by the end of the finale, surely but for now we can only determine what episodes are hit/miss and why (as opinion of course)
    I think that's what some people do and end up being disappointing. You are right; it's a kids show. You gotta appreciate it for what it is :P

And others blindly praise it while ignoring the negatives (some even use the "kids show" card to dismiss them). I'm looking at you, Sethisto.

Remember, the show was initially made off of the idea that it can be enjoyed by both its target demographic and their parents. Sure there are flaws like every other show but that doesn't mean that it still cant have quality writing.
    Actually, the episode analysis/criticism towards the show was the reason Faust visited 4chan way back when instead of the other "major" pony-sites.
    The only problem comes with those who view it in the extremes (like any other fandom/critics) but that's nothing new.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I loved the Scoota-dash interplay in this last ep. We had some of that in Sleepless in Ponyville last season and this ep was just as good if not better. We had a big difference though in that Dash isn't constantly telling Scootaloo to be like how Dash was when she was a filly. Dash is telling Scootaloo simply to be the best version of herself. I think that shows a lot of growth in Dash's character. A theme of Sleepless was that Dash was kind of inept at emphasizing with what Scootaloo was going through but here she was super supportive and even said it was no big deal even if Scootaloo never was able to fly.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
    edited December 2013
    This episode was fairly good.

>M6 gets put in an unfamiliar setting that only spike knows anything of
    >None of them can use their super-powers adequately right off the bat
    >Spike was very useful for once

The only thing I didn't really like was that Fluttershy didn't display her strength till the very end (and it wasn't completely necessary either imo), but I loved Mane-iac for being batsh1t insane just because. No real reason or rhyme to what she wants to accomplish, but **** everything over just because she could.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    897f1794-7d25-4604-ad81-1997a79eb3ba_zps4083abb6.png

Just thought I'd leave this here. o.o

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    Omg what is this :0
    edited December 2013
    >MFW Last Episode has bat poni

503601__safe_solo_animated_mlp_bat+pony_gif_artist-colon-vito_pom+pom_eeee_pom+pom+%28bat+pony%29.gif