My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Discussion Thread

Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Off-Topic Discussion
Hey all,

So much pony talk on the forums yet no good discussion thread for it all! Time to fix that!
Season 3 has just started so now is a great time to see what the all the internet interest is about:

If you're interested in watching ponies with other PWI members you should check out the
PWI Ponytube Channel I have set up on synchtube.com. Me and some other PWI peeps have certainly had fun watching the show together there.

You can watch the show while using a chatbox to talk with other watchers in real time. I have customized the room some by adding support for PWI & pony emotes plus some other useful features.

Anyway now that that's all taken care of let's have a discussion topic:

After watching the season premier, what direction do you think the story is going this season?

Also trolls will be shot.

Here is the time till the next pony episode
countdown.php
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
Post edited by Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 on

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    First reply.

I My Little Pony. b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    Fonyan - Heavens Tear Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Flying Rarities were fabulous. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1504791

Currently playing: real life ver. 2.0
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ... I think that...
    Also trolls will be shot.
    ... b:cry
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm coming out as a pegasister here - yay~
    I personally hope one of the cutiemark crusaders get their cutiemark, then it could be one per season :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Altairego - Heavens Tear
    Altairego - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Pony infested forum lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I love My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
    Like many others I thought it was another crappy girly show but after I read that it was developed by Lauren Faust I knew it was going to be epic.

I haven't watched the new episodes yet though. Actually I didn't know they are out already D: I'm totally watching them tonight!
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hehe, I've been on the stream watching the first two new episodes although I never saw any besides the very first four ones xD

But going back to watch all the others now. That show is so cute and the characters. <3

It's Skais fault I'm a brony. b:chuckle He and the awesome brony music he put into his videos made me fall. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    edited November 2012
    Synchtube is being a little spotty :< Was in the middle of adding some interesting things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • truekossy
    edited November 2012
    Synchtube is being a little spotty :< Was in the middle of adding some interesting things.

Can you add in headbang piggy or would that be a bit much? b:thanks
    edited November 2012
    truekossy wrote: »
    Can you add in headbang piggy or would that be a bit much? b:thanks

Ya eventually I'll make a pagination control to swap the PWI emote chooser between normal/tiger/pig/etc.

*EDIT added paginated PWI emote selector
    http://www.synchtube.com/r/pwiponies
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    edited November 2012
    Ya eventually I'll make a pagination control to swap the PWI emote chooser between normal/tiger/pig/etc.

*EDIT added paginated PWI emote selector

Lady Asterelle.... you, sir, are awesome. b:dirty
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    edited November 2012
    b:dirty

Get out of my skirt and come join us in checking out the new stuff!
  • Oishii - Dreamweaver
    Oishii - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    edited November 2012
    WTB more people there. ♥
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• truekossy
    edited November 2012
    Anyone else planning to hide in there during maint?
  • Shizunne - Heavens Tear
    Shizunne - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,277 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    count me in!
    <newly baked pony fan ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Thank you very much for amazing siggy, Silvy!~
    I'm an angel! Honestly!
    These horns are just there to keep the halo up straight.. (っ◠‿◠)っ ♥
    (づ ̄ 3 ̄)づ ♥ I luv Kossie
    There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva. ♬♪♫ ヾ(*◕‿◕)ノ ♬♪♫
  • truekossy
    edited November 2012
    Welcome to the herd. :P
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hmm... I approve of this thread. I personally wonder if the use of dark magic by Celestia will be a part of the plot later down the road. Hatred and rage are what powers it, and they could both use it, perhaps the King will return and use their rage against them? Perhaps Twilight will be overtaken by dark magic and the rest of the mane six will have to save her from it? I doubt it's really anything more than a one episode thing but it has potential to be a major part of the plot in my opinion.

Anyway...

I thought the first episode was way too heavy on the musicals, and they weren't that great. I liked everything else though, it had more action than the other season premieres, we got to see some new spells, and a new part of the world. Zanryu approves of the episode. And this thread. And the episode.

I will be frequenting this thread, even though I no longer play the game. This should be interesting. /)
    edited November 2012
    I thought it was interesting how they added some foreshadowing. There was all that talk between Celestia and Luna about when Twilight would be "ready" and that mysterious book Luna summoned at the end after Twilight passed her test. It makes me wonder if this season will have a larger story arch but what little I saw of the future episode previews seem to suggest otherwise.

Don't forget to come to ponytube!

I've hooked it up with some fun stuff and some of us are beginning to hang out there now!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
    edited November 2012
    New episode tomorrows!
    We're meeting in pwi ponytube at 1pm EST / 10am PST. All come!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    Damn, looks like I missed the stream (still caught the episode of course). It reminds me a lot of S1's Swarm of the Century.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • truekossy
    edited November 2012
    I was kinda disappointed with how they found things out, honestly. I can understand a few reasons why it took what occurred to resolve things but... it just feels so incomplete. Plus (though the tone of the show isn't that sort and they wouldn't do it just due to target audience alone) imagine the horror of if the wrong one were sent off, character development and moral of the story aside...
    edited November 2012
    Twilight was way too eager to kill a couple dozen pinkie pie clones. She seemed to enjoy it. Maybe all that dark magic she was dabbling with in the premiere affected her more than it seemed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    Twilight was way too eager to kill a couple dozen pinkie pie clones. She seemed to enjoy it. Maybe all that dark magic she was dabbling with in the premiere affected her more than it seemed?

I loved that episode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• truekossy
    edited November 2012

Yeah... and her solution was less "find the real Pinkie" and more "find the least annoying Pinkie".

Granted, maybe that book had more information than we know or it was just a "banishment" and she could have gone back to the pool if she found out she'd sent the wrong one in by accident but still.... the fact that they didn't even notice the HUGE difference between the zombie fun army and depressed friend who was the ONLY Pinkie not being obsessed with it to the point of ruining things unrepentantly had me kind of disappointed.
    edited November 2012
    truekossy wrote: »
    Granted, maybe that book had more information than we know or it was just a "banishment" and she could have gone back to the pool if she found out she'd sent the wrong one in by accident but still.... the fact that they didn't even notice the HUGE difference between the zombie fun army and depressed friend who was the ONLY Pinkie not being obsessed with it to the point of ruining things unrepentantly had me kind of disappointed.

I guess the book did entail something about the clones becoming a lot more "one dimensional" than the original (seeing as said original had to teach the clones the name of her friends), though the dissimilarity between that one from the others should have at least struck her friends as unusual.

Then again, with Pinkie Pie being Pinkie Pie, what ISNT unusual?
    b:chuckle
  • truekossy
    edited November 2012
    Not being unusual would be unusual for Pinkie... who is able to tell gravity to go **** itself on a whim, apparently!
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have to admit, I nearly choked on my tea laughing when one pinkie made a G3 face, Hasbro really likes to take the mick out of themselves XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2