Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Comments

• _/Lost\_ - Archosaur
    _/Lost\_ - Archosaur Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You people need to read DoD's post on the 1st page, there will NOT be a rollback. So stop asking about it, it's not going to happen.b:bye
  • Aroral - Sanctuary
    Aroral - Sanctuary Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Le sigh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Dear pwi!

i got 3 dragon orb oceans on only my mains account, then used it to +10 my r8r daggers.
    i was wary to play at first because a few players on my server were claiming that there would be a rollback of 4 days, as if they had received a private message from a staff member.

i can understand both sides to an extent. many players did not get to use the code, and this seems unfair, whereas many others, who received at least 3 dorb per acc, were raising even more heck. it seems they would rather have gotten nothing at all, in order to prevent another player from having something nice.

greed sponsors sadness! Greed is why people abused the code, and why many players will remain unhappy regardless of how pw resolves any issue (ever)!

it is sometimes difficult to have fun in a world with so much greed. this is a game! let's get over ourselves and try to have some fun!

for those who did not get to use a code. i hope they can resolve this without much issue.
    <a happy player>

Archo is gonna be misleading though and cause a lot of QQ. You are allowed to have 2 accounts, means 2 e-mail codes + 1 universal, totaling to 9 orbs. Older players have more accounts than 2 due making them prior to rule being places. I myself got 15 orbs to my main account. Some bought some codes, I cant see how that would break any rules as long as no scamming is involved. Point being, getting to 20 orbs total legit isnt all that difficult for older players with more accounts. And we all know what impact 20 ocean orbs can have on a toon.

Maybe the giveaway was overkill but majority of the people who got major gear jumps on archo got there legit, small minority abused the glitch despite quite large number of orbs on multiple players. This is something so few seems to realize on this thread, you didnt have to abuse anything to get a lot of orbs, the giveaway alone was overkill.

I believe a lot of the QQ is because of that kind of players, who either play archo or happened to get compensation e-mails intended for archosaur players. If you have several accounts like everybody tends to have, orbs stack up quite quickly to point where they play huge role. Which is main reason there is so much increase in overall refines, not the code abuse but the giveaway itself.

Edit: Quoted as you seemed to have calm head on your shoulders, something so many lack in this world.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • anevaro
    anevaro Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Some people quitting because of something like this? Laughable.
    Your hard work has not gone waste as your hard work has already happened. And you people do realize that not everyone are cash users like you, so what is the big deal if they get something for free? Of course its bad to abuse codes, but why should it bother you so much? If they would have used all their money to get these orbs, they would still have these and most of the gears would still be 10+. You spending money on orbs, that's your problem. Who said in first place that you have to spend 1000 dollars? Nobody.

for me, not really..well its true all of my hardworks is gone but its better then raging everyday isnt it ?
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    cattoosony wrote: »
    can do something,, AT Least Can you stop those ppl who still get orb?? really spamers still get orbs . it should find somethign about them or just rollback b:shutup b:angry

No one can get orbs from the code anymore. Anything you see ingame is people who have recently opened their mail. The source of it, however, has been removed.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    Nature_God - Sanctuary Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    And one other thing what these ''quitters'' are doing wrong. Reason why this thread is still open is that OP will probably update first post again. I'm sure code will be fixed. So why to quit before getting any further update?
  • monkiimk1
    monkiimk1 Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So are all the people who werent able to get the orbs because it was shut down early going to get a chance to get their 3 orbs?
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Archo is gonna be misleading though and cause a lot of QQ. You are allowed to have 2 accounts, means 2 e-mail codes + 1 universal, totaling to 9 orbs. Older players have more accounts than 2 due making them prior to rule being places. I myself got 15 orbs to my main account. Some bought some codes, I cant see how that would break any rules as long as no scamming is involved. Point being, getting to 20 orbs total legit isnt all that difficult for older players with more accounts. And we all know what impact 20 ocean orbs can have on a toon.

Maybe the giveaway was overkill but majority of the people who got major gear jumps on archo got there legit, small minority abused the glitch despite quite large number of orbs on multiple players. This is something so few seems to realize on this thread, you didnt have to abuse anything to get a lot of orbs, the giveaway alone was overkill.

I believe a lot of the QQ is because of that kind of players, who either play archo or happened to get compensation e-mails intended for archosaur players. If you have several accounts like everybody tends to have, orbs stack up quite quickly to point where they play huge role. Which is main reason there is so much increase in overall refines, not the code abuse but the giveaway itself.

Edit: Quoted as you seemed to have calm head on your shoulders, something so many lack in this world.

i agree with you on this matter. the decision to give +10 orb and event card was wrong to begin with. Makes me wonder if they really know about the game they maintain because they keep doing wrong and wrong. hehe, so i guess its not worth it to invest by CS in this game or company anymore.
  • captainr
    captainr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

problems not archo server, problem is this happened to all servers and was a code for all players for some reason now there's massive imbalance as many scammed many didn't but got many orbs + the other stuff and just as many didnt get jack
    the lack of grammar only show the unintelligent, that the poster them-self is unintelligent. :) You are able to spell very well, good for you b:pleased
  • Grindata_ - Heavens Tear
    Grindata_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    theres a very easy solution to get it to all pple which is to sent the items to all through the ingame mail system even though it may take awhile.
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i agree with you on this matter. the decision to give +10 orb and event card was wrong to begin with. Makes me wonder if they really know about the game they maintain because they keep doing wrong and wrong. hehe, so i guess its not worth it to invest by CS in this game or company anymore.

God FORBID they may want to do something nice and take a cut at their own profits. GOD FORBID THEY SHOULD TRY TO DO SOMETHING REALLY NICE AND GIVE GIFTS TO PLAYERS THAT MANY COULD ACTUALLY USE.

The intention was pure. Just remember that.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    As someone who was r999 12+ i think this was good for balancing the servers and actually saving the game considering that the game has been more active since this free giveaway. The longer you wait for a rollback people will lose there stuff they got from nw and the stuff they farmed. The people that are crying cause they didn't get as much as other o well pwi will be a better place without these whiners. Ty for the code.

O-o they aren't crying because others got more than them, what is upsetting people is the shear amount of dorbs that SEEMINGLY flooded the servers, some people were getting what seemed like 70 of them, but forunately since it wasn't up that long, it really limited just how much each person got.

I for one believe that it wasn't anywhere near as bad as it looked, still... if pwi goes back on their word to punish those who did abuse it and got 30+... then I feel sorry for the forums mods if they even try to manage that amount of QQ.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Alltorque - Heavens Tear
    Alltorque - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Some people quitting because of something like this? Laughable.
    Your hard work has not gone waste as your hard work has already happened. And you people do realize that not everyone are cash users like you, so what is the big deal if they get something for free? Of course its bad to abuse codes, but why should it bother you so much? If they would have used all their money to get these orbs, they would still have these and most of the gears would still be 10+. You spending money on orbs, that's your problem. Who said in first place that you have to spend 1000 dollars? Nobody.

Without those that choose to spend real money on this game, you wouldn't have a game and that is irrespective of what they choose to spend it on.

I've enjoyed PWI for over 5 years and have 6 r8 and 3 r9rrr characters, all of which I cash shopped on to fully complete their gears including my latest Psychic. When you do the maths and add up the D Ocean orbs used on them all, it was quite an eye opener even for me and while I don't begrudge players 3 or even 6 Dragon Ocean Orbs (they will still have needed to work/cash shop to complete their +10 sets), watching so many exceed 20+ and 30+ is nothing more than a slap in the face.

I sat back and said not a word as the Goonz glitch was mishandled and the various chest, code, pack and +12 orb mishaps were haphazardly dealt with but enough is enough. The code should only ever have been made available to Archosaur and while a generous and well meant gesture, it beggars belief that such coveted items ingame would be put in a position to be abused to such an extent. I feel for those that haven't been able to access the code as I myself received twice the gift on another account and the nominated amount on this and all other accounts, however except for 3 DOrbs on this toon, the rest still sit in my various mailboxes untouched as I was hoping they would be removed overnight. There they will remain while I check out which other games I can sink my funds into.

PWI is renowned for its token gestures designed to distract until the fervour dies out so I will wait and watch to see whether anything substantial comes about to balance this mess or whether it is just another tactic to dilute the understandable outrage.

Thankyou DoD and forum mods for your efforts thus far. Given your limitations regarding this issue and the gamut of emotions running rife on this thread, the fact that you remain in contact is appreciated.
  • aaron34881
    aaron34881 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    How in the hell do you guys say no rollback when some players got well more than they intended or others abused. While my accounts got 0 since I was waiting for site to stop lagging and wasn't sure if it was a game exploit. I have been a loyal player for 4 and half years on my other account. I don't see how a rollback isn't necessary. I seen players get over 40 orbs on one account . Guess what im still waiting for mine . While everyone who abused the system got to +10 their gear im still waiting for 3 orbs. Way to mess this one up pwi and not care about the players that didn't abuse the system.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Okay guys,

That should take care of the few posts with we missed the first time. So, I'd like to take the time to apologize for merging the poll thread ad this one. I haven't quite used to the way the forum appears on my screen afer the merge (for some reason the thread tools are at the bottom, when they were at the top. And it doesn't always highlight what I am merging) and mistook the post I wanted to merge into here, with that thread. Epic fail on my part. When I saw I did that, I literally yelled at my computer. Kinda went something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s Only, i'm not as cool as him and don't have a light saber. And I was yelling an inanimate object. b:chuckle We are unable to unmerge these, so I actually had to read each and every reply since that thread started and try to figure out if it went with that thread. So I apologize if I missed something or made a mistake in that regard. It was completely and totally an accident. One that took over 4 hours to fix so you can bet I wont be doing that again! @.@ And it would've taken much longer if it wasn't for the help of OPKossy! Thank you so much for all your help kossy, you are the best. And thank all you guys for your patience while we sorted out the thread issue. Again, I'm super sorry. *shares my cookie stash with all you*

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    aaron34881 wrote: »
    How in the hell do you guys say no rollback when some players got well more than they intended or others abused. While my accounts got 0 since I was waiting for site to stop lagging and wasn't sure if it was a game exploit. I have been a loyal player for 4 and half years on my other account. I don't see how a rollback isn't necessary. I seen players get over 40 orbs on one account . Guess what im still waiting for mine . While everyone who abused the system got to +10 their gear im still waiting for 3 orbs. Way to mess this one up pwi and not care about the players that didn't abuse the system.

Stop right there buddy!

While some of us would like a rollback to correct the last 36 hours, it's far too late for one now. We've just had NW and TW is coming.
  • anevaro
    anevaro Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    1 MISTAKE makes thousands people raging and QQing, and some people abusing it
    lesson learned PWI..you better not to do that anymore
  • captainr
    captainr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Okay guys,

That should take care of the few posts with we missed the first time. So, I'd like to take the time to apologize for merging the poll thread ad this one. I haven't quite used to the way the forum appears on my screen afer the merge (for some reason the thread tools are at the bottom, when they were at the top. And it doesn't always highlight what I am merging) and mistook the post I wanted to merge into here, with that thread. Epic fail on my part. When I saw I did that, I literally yelled at my computer. Kinda went something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s Only, i'm not as cool as him and don't have a light saber. And I was yelling an inanimate object. b:chuckle We are unable to unmerge these, so I actually had to read each and every reply since that thread started and try to figure out if it went with that thread. So I apologize if I missed something or made a mistake in that regard. It was completely and totally an accident. One that took over 4 hours to fix so you can bet I wont be doing that again! @.@ And it would've taken much longer if it wasn't for the help of OPKossy! Thank you so much for all your help kossy, you are the best. And thank all you guys for your patience while we sorted out the thread issue. Again, I'm super sorry. *shares my cookie stash with all you*

< makes mods a coffee
    the lack of grammar only show the unintelligent, that the poster them-self is unintelligent. :) You are able to spell very well, good for you b:pleased
  • opkossy
    edited November 2013
    aaron34881 wrote: »

And the ones who have abused it will be punished. And DoD has shown a history of doing his best to get things done for us, as those who pay much attention to the forums will know.

Give it a chance and see if he can convince his bosses to do something more than slap the offenders on the wrist before claiming that the people who abused it get away with it and PWI doesn't care about those who didn't break any rules.
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    Okay guys,

You're adorable and you're forgiven. But I want you to buy a Vader costume and mod in it for the rest of the year.
  • jduir
    jduir Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Im done spending money on a game that gives ppl stuff who abuse their system and **** the regular ppl who don't cheat the system. if pwi wants to b fair send these orbs to everyone or take them all away. yes I did not get 1 and after 4 years of pwi **** this may be the last thing b4 I quit. make it right or shut down the game.
  • opkossy
    edited November 2013
    Okay guys,

You silly. Glad to have helped you get it worked out. b:cute
  • Hephaesthad - Archosaur
    Hephaesthad - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jduir wrote: »
    Im done spending money on a game that gives ppl stuff who abuse their system and **** the regular ppl who don't cheat the system. if pwi wants to b fair send these orbs to everyone or take them all away. yes I did not get 1 and after 4 years of pwi **** this may be the last thing b4 I quit. make it right or shut down the game.

Relax pal.... it ain't the end of the world.... yet...b:chuckle
  • vitoryxxxx
    vitoryxxxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    And the ones who have abused it will be punished. And DoD has shown a history of doing his best to get things done for us, as those who pay much attention to the forums will know.

Give it a chance and see if he can convince his bosses to do something more than slap the offenders on the wrist before claiming that the people who abused it get away with it and PWI doesn't care about those who didn't break any rules.

HOW can someone in this 3 people run game tell how are they going to be punished? i can't imagine.
    will they ban them for a while? they will come back later with everything they abused ans will continue
    permanent ban? well nice idea if you want to ban 70% of pwi and rest of them to quit
    remove what they stole? yeah i sometimes like to daydream too but just won't happen
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My suggestion is instead of writhing things here (no one read this anyway except MODs) we should all submit tickets and make them at least work over time.
  • vitoryxxxx
    vitoryxxxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My suggestion is instead of writhing things here (no one read this anyway except MODs) we should all submit tickets and make them at least work over time.

You can try, they will send you a not working code as an answer and will put ''solved'' on ticket status
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    yea I know:) just want to annoy them with tickets
  • Velra - Dreamweaver
    Velra - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    People tend to want action now, most of us are spoiled and think that waiting is something other should have to do but never us. Waiting is not something people in this day and age know much about. b:chuckle But yes I think they will find a way to punish those that did this on purpose and hopefully give those of us that refreshed not knowing it would cause us to get more then we should.

Also I have to point out that the site did prompt people to wait 10 minutes and then put the code in again. I for one thought that to mean that each toon on the account was to get a pack. It was a bit confusing and to be very honest I didn't read the post about the code that said "one per account" until after I got orbs for more then on toon.
    I like most of my faction got the code info. in game and never even looked at the forums. Yes I know it's an excuse and there are many out there but it's true never the less.

PWI had done codes before with the same results. Did the Dreamchaser or whatever they well called have the same problem? I'm surprise that PWI STILL hasn't learned to make the code a one time use for each account if that is all it should be. Refreshing the page should of giving a message that said. "Code has been redeemed" NOT one that says "Wait 10 minutes before entering code again".
    There is wrong on both sides, how PWI will wade through this mess and how they will determine who was abusing and who was not will be interesting to see.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've seen training classes and vids on how customer service works. They would try to calm the mass of angry people down to work on the problem, even if it means lying. Unless they post the list of how many orbs were given and for us to analyze ourselves, I don't believe it was just a few dozens. Just because they say it is without proof that we see and think for ourselves doesn't make it true. I logged on about 3 hours after they shut off the code, and I counted 20-30 red text spams of orbs given out, and there were many I saw with over 12 orbs of the same in game name. 7 hours after the release of the code, about 12 orbs spam per min in world chat, That is probably 5k-10k orbs on just sanctuary server alone. Maybe 10,000 ocean orbs wasn't that big of a deal to them, but in my book ...that is a lot. This isn't some other MMO games where there are millions of players.

I don't understand why they don't want to roll back and redistribute the orbs. That way they don't even have to waste so much time looking for and punishing the players who abused it. Even if they lie that it is "not major damage" the fairest thing is to roll back and redistribute the orbs, and compensate those who lost real gold and stuff. They are just too lazy and under staff to do this for all servers, that's why they lied and not rolling back.
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »

well, since i dont know him, but im sure u know since as mod u can communicate with him. so i follow ur words and wait hope they do something worth it. on the other hand, im just gonna grind dq to complete 50k DQ point before it close, cards and farming eden and brim.

although i doubt they will do anything to fix this.
This discussion has been closed.