Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Options

Comments

• Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I don't understand why they don't want to roll back and redistribute the orbs. That way they don't even have to waste so much time looking for and punishing the players who abused it. Even if they lie that it is "not major damage" the fairest thing is to roll back and redistribute the orbs, and compensate those who lost real gold and stuff.

It's too late for that now. We've had NW and will have TW tomorrow.
  • vitoryxxxx
    vitoryxxxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I've seen training classes and vids on how customer service works. They would try to calm the mass of angry people down to work on the problem, even if it means lying. Unless they post the list of how many orbs were given and for us to analyze ourselves, I don't believe it was just a few dozens. Just because they say it is without proof that we see and think for ourselves doesn't make it true. I logged on about 3 hours after they shut off the code, and I counted 20-30 red text spams of orbs given out, and there were many I saw with over 12 orbs of the same in game name. 7 hours after the release of the code, about 12 orbs spam per min in world chat, That is probably 5k-10k orbs on just sanctuary server alone. Maybe 10,000 ocean orbs wasn't that big of a deal to them, but in my book ...that is a lot. This isn't some other MMO games where there are millions of players.

I don't understand why they don't want to roll back and redistribute the orbs. That way they don't even have to waste so much time looking for and punishing the players who abused it. Even if they lie that it is "not major damage" the fairest thing is to roll back and redistribute the orbs, and compensate those who lost real gold and stuff.

Rollback, yes. Redistribute the orbs, no more not again, not ever.
  • anevaro
    anevaro Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    People tend to want action now, most of us are spoiled and think that waiting is something other should have to do but never us. Waiting is not something people in this day and age know much about. b:chuckle But yes I think they will find a way to punish those that did this on purpose and hopefully give those of us that refreshed not knowing it would cause us to get more then we should.

Also I have to point out that the site did prompt people to wait 10 minutes and then put the code in again. I for one thought that to mean that each toon on the account was to get a pack. It was a bit confusing and to be very honest I didn't read the post about the code that said "one per account" until after I got orbs for more then on toon.
    I like most of my faction got the code info. in game and never even looked at the forums. Yes I know it's an excuse and there are many out there but it's true never the less.

PWI had done codes before with the same results. Did the Dreamchaser or whatever they well called have the same problem? I'm surprise that PWI STILL hasn't learned to make the code a one time use for each account if that is all it should be. Refreshing the page should of giving a message that said. "Code has been redeemed" NOT one that says "Wait 10 minutes before entering code again".
    There is wrong on both sides, how PWI will wade through this mess and how they will determine who was abusing and who was not will be interesting to see.

perhaps they was drunk when coding? b:beatup
    i know how hard it is to do that because im an programmer
    thats why they need to be really careful next time, 1 mistake will ruins it
  • Velra - Dreamweaver
    Velra - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I've seen training classes and vids on how customer service works. They would try to calm the mass of angry people down to work on the problem, even if it means lying. Unless they post the list of how many orbs were given and for us to analyze ourselves, I don't believe it was just a few dozens. Just because they say it is without proof that we see and think for ourselves doesn't make it true. I logged on about 3 hours after they shut off the code, and I counted 20-30 red text spams of orbs given out, and there were many I saw with over 12 orbs of the same in game name. 7 hours after the release of the code, about 12 orbs spam per min in world chat, That is probably 5k-10k orbs on just sanctuary server alone.

A rollback of all the server is a big, very big undertaking. It's not just the orbs that will be affected but everything. We've had NW already. People have worked on things such as gear, exp leveling and a mass of other things. And not everyone even got the orbs. A rollback would take care of the extra orbs yes but it would also punish people that didn't even get orbs. How would that be fair to the people that didn't do anything wrong and have worked on there stuff? All the work farming and leveling all the NW tokens from those people would be gone. Plus there is gear that was made, Zen that was spent and all of that the GMs would have to fix, not just for 1 server but for EVERY server. So I can understand why they are not doing a rollback.
  • vitoryxxxx
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Also, HEY GM'S!!!! IF YOU CAN HEAR ME!!! IT HAVEN'T STOPPED!!! PEOPLE STILL SPAM GETTING ORBS!!! LOG IN AND LOOK WHAT SYSTEM SAY EVERY 10s!!!!
  • anevaro
    edited November 2013
    Options
    vitoryxxxx wrote: »
    Also, HEY GM'S!!!! IF YOU CAN HEAR ME!!! IT HAVEN'T STOPPED!!! PEOPLE STILL SPAM GETTING ORBS!!! LOG IN AND LOOK WHAT SYSTEM SAY EVERY 10s!!!!
    this v
    OPKossy wrote: »
    No one can get orbs from the code anymore. Anything you see ingame is people who have recently opened their mail. The source of it, however, has been removed.
  • FleshReaper - Raging Tide
    FleshReaper - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    U ARE ALL ACTING LIKE SPOILED CHILDREN!
    they give a gift to unwrap b4 Christmas and u unwrap em all.
    UR ALL WORSE THAN THE GRINCH's grumpy uncle I swear.
    admit what u did take ur punishments and HELP IT GET OVER WITH FASTER.
    stop bsing them about not going nuts.the faster theyre done with this the more time they have to work on x-mas events.
    gms give a penny and u take the whole wallet. now some of u are just like in x-mas carols with no gifts and some are like scrooge.
    idk what u all think of me just stop annoying them and let them do their jobs!
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    vitoryxxxx wrote: »
    Rollback, yes. Redistribute the orbs, no more not again, not ever.

Lets say that you are 8 years old, and have 10 other siblings, and an uncle who is a millionaire. Your uncle is drunk, and starts to give each of you millions of dollars, but unevenly distributes the money, and he thinks you are some other guy's kid and doesn't give you any (meaning you missed out on the good stuff). Would you want him to take back the money and redistribute it?
  • Velra - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Options
    anevaro wrote: »
    perhaps they was drunk when coding? b:beatup
    i know how hard it is to do that because im an programmer
    thats why they need to be really careful next time, 1 mistake will ruins it

Yeah I can see that they seem to be having a time of getting things done right. A lot of mistake of late and not just this one with the orbs but also with maint. and such. But this code one was one they have had before. They KNEW what could happen and didn't cover there butts. So really as much as I hate for people to abuse the system I feel like they were asking for it just a little bit.
  • Velra - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Options
    stop bsing them about not going nuts.the faster theyre done with this the more time they have to work on x-mas events.
    gms give a penny and u take the whole wallet. now some of u are just like in x-mas carols with no gifts and some are like scrooge.

Hon, they left the thread open so we can keep talking about this if we want. If they didn't want us to talk they would of closed the thread and shut us up...js.
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

this come from person who getting 6 +10 orb and event gold cards :)
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Yeah I can see that they seem to be having a time of getting things done right. A lot of mistake of late and not just this one with the orbs but also with maint. and such. But this code one was one they have had before. They KNEW what could happen and didn't cover there butts. So really as much as I hate for people to abuse the system I feel like they were asking for it just a little bit.

Don't forget though, in game coding is all done by Wanmei. Which is now done by Archosaur Studios.
  • vitoryxxxx
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Lets say that you are 8 years old, and have 10 other siblings, and an uncle who is a millionaire. Your uncle is drunk, and starts to give each of you millions of dollars, but unevenly distributes the money, and he thinks you are some other guy's kid and doesn't give you any (meaning you missed out on the good stuff). Would you want him to take back the money and redistribute it?

Let's say that you need some explaining because...you just don't get it.
    You see, the point is those orbs ruining the game, i didn't get any, i don't want any for free, people need to learn to work for things they get.And if everyone will start getting stuff everyone will be equal and there will be n more fun in game.So why bother playing, grinding,making money from everywhere you can think of when gm's will just give it for free eventually?
  • anevaro
    edited November 2013
    Options

they did make mistake again well..im kinda speechless here
    thats exactly what i think..it seems they did this unplanned
    they dont make altrenate plan for this
    if they have plan A then they should have plan B,C,D in case plan A failed

but idk really i just leave it to them..i hope they solve this as a profesional
  • Velra - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Don't forget though, in game coding is all done by Wanmei. Which is now done by Archosaur Studios.

And still...they should be checking their stuff before it goes live. No matter who did the work, wrote the code there should be a quality test of any code before they implement it. So passing the buck, yeah not working for me. It was poorly planned, even if the intent was to do a good thing for everyone. They shouldn't have rushed it.
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    What about the people who missed the code completely? b:chuckle
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • VyperionV - Lost City
    VyperionV - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

Agreed...i want to have a chance to use it too.
  • anevaro
    edited November 2013
    Options

still ongoing on discussion, only need to wait the result..the thread is still open f:sleep
    And the ones who have abused it will be punished. And DoD has shown a history of doing his best to get things done for us, as those who pay much attention to the forums will know.

Give it a chance and see if he can convince his bosses to do something more than slap the offenders on the wrist before claiming that the people who abused it get away with it and PWI doesn't care about those who didn't break any rules.
  • IRampager - Morai
    IRampager - Morai Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Yes, there are still people that have not used the code.
  • dejiavu
    dejiavu Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    For those of us who did not receive even one gift package prior to the code becoming invalid yet prior to Nov. 24 the deadline will there be compensation for us? I am still seeing in the system multiple Ocean Orb winners announcements going to players. And some players receiving multiple times yet I can't even get one.
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    Options
    dejiavu wrote: »
    For those of us who did not receive even one gift package prior to the code becoming invalid yet prior to Nov. 24 the deadline will there be compensation for us? I am still seeing in the system multiple Ocean Orb winners announcements going to players. And some players receiving multiple times yet I can't even get one.

Again, the code is dead. What you're seeing is merely players opening their mail.
  • anevaro
    edited November 2013
    Options
    dejiavu wrote: »

here v
    No one can get orbs from the code anymore. Anything you see ingame is people who have recently opened their mail. The source of it, however, has been removed.
  • trufflles
    trufflles Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    just out of curiosity...how come this thread had over 100k views yesterday and now it barelly has over the number of replies?

who modified it?
  • frmskr
    frmskr Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Agreed...i want to have a chance to use it too.

agreed, the people who ***** the system are now hundreds of millions of coins up, where as i'll still have to grind for a loooong time to get just a fraction of the money they can make from the orbs they have
  • Ellisandro - Archosaur
    Ellisandro - Archosaur Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Hello Perfect World citizens!

We've finalized our compensation efforts for the past month of various issues that have affected many of you this holiday season.

-Redeem the following code to any character on any server for a collection of goodies including bound dragon orbs! The code is redeemable once per account.

6JMMAAB

Code ends on Sunday, November 24th @ 11:59 PM PST

We thank all of you who have stayed with us during these turbulent times, and please continue being awesome!

-PW Team

UPDATE:
    We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse.

UPDATE:
    Here is what I was able to get:

- We will not be rolling back the servers.

- A highly focused and targeted Archosaur-specific compensation effort will be enacted.

- We will be punishing legitimate abusers of the compensation code who received far more than is possible from redemption page lag. We will be doing so in a detailed, focused manner which will make progress on punishments slower but more precise. So do not worry if you are one who got more orbs unintentionally. We do not want to penalize those who did not intend abuse of the system.

Regarding the level of abuse, from the data in front of us, it was not quite as widespread as many believe. It was mostly a few dozen or so who abused the code from means other than lag/timeouts. The perception of it being widespread is due to the unintentional in-game message spam distorting the situation, and nonfactual boasts in the forums or worldchat.

This is the reason why there will not be a rollback.

Code has already expired error :( is there a new code now? i never got a chance to use this one b:sad
  • anevaro
    edited November 2013
    Options
    trufflles wrote: »
    just out of curiosity...how come this thread had over 100k views yesterday and now it barelly has over the number of replies?

who modified it?
    v
    Okay guys,

That should take care of the few posts with we missed the first time. So, I'd like to take the time to apologize for merging the poll thread ad this one. I haven't quite used to the way the forum appears on my screen afer the merge (for some reason the thread tools are at the bottom, when they were at the top. And it doesn't always highlight what I am merging) and mistook the post I wanted to merge into here, with that thread. Epic fail on my part. When I saw I did that, I literally yelled at my computer. Kinda went something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s Only, i'm not as cool as him and don't have a light saber. And I was yelling an inanimate object. b:chuckle We are unable to unmerge these, so I actually had to read each and every reply since that thread started and try to figure out if it went with that thread. So I apologize if I missed something or made a mistake in that regard. It was completely and totally an accident. One that took over 4 hours to fix so you can bet I wont be doing that again! @.@ And it would've taken much longer if it wasn't for the help of OPKossy! Thank you so much for all your help kossy, you are the best. And thank all you guys for your patience while we sorted out the thread issue. Again, I'm super sorry. *shares my cookie stash with all you*

i got 8 post from quoting like this b:victoryb
    mod should made some note on first page
    like common Q&A b:laugh
  • F_M_Joshua - Archosaur
    F_M_Joshua - Archosaur Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    frmskr wrote: »
    agreed, the people who ***** the system are now hundreds of millions of coins up, where as i'll still have to grind for a loooong time to get just a fraction of the money they can make from the orbs they have

I think all of us who never got to use the code still wish we had a chance to use it... but which would you rather have? NO code right now... while they sort it all our... or... A code that your peers will abuse?
    If you don't like the way I talk, please, for everyone's sanity, keep in mind that I have ASPERGERS. I don't see a reason to not tell you like it is, or what I think of you. If you are being an idiot, or one minded, I tend to disregard you like trash.
  • bangis2010
    bangis2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Anyone else able to get multiple sets? I got 7 +10 orbs lol....

ohhh really . and you really need to tell us ? im jelly
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Code has already expired error :( is there a new code now? i never got a chance to use this one b:sad

......Did you even read the first post. I mean really? This is getting ridiculous.
  • F_M_Joshua - Archosaur
    F_M_Joshua - Archosaur Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    bangis2010 wrote: »
    ohhh really . and you really need to tell us ? im jelly

Grape, Straberry, Cherry, or Peach?
    If you don't like the way I talk, please, for everyone's sanity, keep in mind that I have ASPERGERS. I don't see a reason to not tell you like it is, or what I think of you. If you are being an idiot, or one minded, I tend to disregard you like trash.
This discussion has been closed.