[Rollback - Archosaur Server] UPDATED 11.20.13

Comments

• testarr
    testarr Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    I am part of your position. I play all the servers as a regular player too. I'm also get the joys of having to keep a cool head when PWE screws up because I've volunteered to help deal with the flood that inevitably strikes the forums. The mods don't get any special privileges ingame. We have no ability to do anything to the servers or for them.

Honestly, the rollback isn't that big of a thing to me if whatever they've fixed stays that way and we don't have all the instability issues (Looking at RT as an example). Especially since I've been through rollbacks before on other games. Some of which were far more severe than this four day loss we've had here. Plus, like I said in my response here, whatever they found must have been big, because they have NEVER done a rollback before. Even when players were demanding one they chose to go and remove all the issues manually so that we wouldn't have to suffer through a rollback.

As for compensation, we'll have to wait and see just what they do and how. For all we know, this time it may actually be something decent (yeah I'm not holding my breath either but it's nice to hope). Until we know, though, we can't really yell at them for what they haven't done yet. If it turns out to suck then I'll sigh and do more cleaning up while everyone yells at them, but until that happens... b:surrender

this is litterly stealing from costumers what ever TOS says it is stealing
    BugDlck-102 Sin b:bye
  • Juffin - Archosaur
    Juffin - Archosaur Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    przfighter wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

During tonight's server maintenance, we discovered a critical issue for Archosaur server. After many attempts at fixing it, we decided the best and only way to fix this is to do a character roll back to a time when the server was at a stable state. We will be rolling back Archosaur to November 9th at 10:00 AM PST.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we'll be running 2x EXP, spirit, and drops for Archosaur after the servers open.

That is realy nice of you now give me back my Zen and good bye PWI, I had already started playing anouther MMO and loosing 4% xp at 104 not nice.

x2 drops does not a thing for me nor does trying to give me gold. You managed to mess up major and you want to just roll back and say there you go!
    are you guy real? i buy $300 for zen and now all gone are you ****ing tell me to buy the zen again?,you got to be kidding right, you things we are rich or something?also why the ****ing an mine lvl 83 when im already lvl 89?i hope you guy fix it if not goodbye PWI

If you purchased with PayPal put ticket in with them. When PWI starts having to pay back the money maybe they will get the picture!
  • ZooozOOo - Archosaur
    ZooozOOo - Archosaur Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i jsut hope u guys would act more responsibly n get our things back as they were ty....
  • faruskas
    faruskas Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Before the Rollback i had used my DQ pts to buy a demon/sage event card as well as 12,000 pts worth of random dyes, both purchases due on 11/11/13. But after the rollback, the items purchased are no longer credited, however the DQ points (62,000) have been deducted from my acc. So does it mean i lost those points or PWI will credit back those 62k pts back into my acc? I'm so pissed off that i'm willing to quit this game if this issue is not positively solved!!!!
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well... enjoy the double rate... b:surrender
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • FleshReaper - Raging Tide
    FleshReaper - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I just hope u all find a good way to cover ur ***** or people will quit ijs b:shocked
  • xxkyrxx
    xxkyrxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hello everyone,

During tonight's server maintenance, we discovered a critical issue for Archosaur server. After many attempts at fixing it, we decided the best and only way to fix this is to do a character roll back to a time when the server was at a stable state. We will be rolling back Archosaur to November 9th at 10:00 AM PST.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we'll be running 2x EXP, spirit, and drops for Archosaur after the servers open.

b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry

Normaly u wont hear a thing from me.. but now im furious.. lost my Zen.. a g16 weap cults on 3 toons and 4 long nights workin to get there and 2x should satisfide us?
    Guys.. not wanne insult u.. but shouldnt u had to study first before u got this job.. as u do a maint and all before it was workin take the backup from the night before.. that what a normal goodworkin ICTer would do.. but then again.. lookin at all the fails u made durin all maints im not suprised. U bring new updates in game.. great.. some look nice.. expanding the servers so they wont get all the *** ing lag because of it.. neh .. dont do that.. cox thats ur coffee and icecreamcoins and the extra u can use when u go out as a team when u think u have done a great job.. well let me tell u.. this time u realy *** ed up and try to shush us with a 2x and a poor apoligy.. well hell i wont take it
  • ZooozOOo - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    someday they will reroll to the start of the server n say we had no other way sorry ur r9 n all ur chars got deleted bt this was the only way we had................. lol next maint can we expect that coming? b:question
  • XxDanathorxX - Archosaur
    XxDanathorxX - Archosaur Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    can we get a rolld back of like...7 or 8 days, better?

i lost 20 tokens on pk and i want them back b:cryb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EvilYeti - Archosaur
    EvilYeti - Archosaur Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am sry PWI, but 2x isn't an appropriate compensation for what everyone has lost during these last few days. People have lost gold, coins, refines, items, tw wins or losses, characters, bh rewards, meridian rewards, dailies, base quests, xp, the list goes on...considering Archosaur's playerbase and that we charge more zhen than probably any other server. It is in your best interest to help us as quickly as possible, otherwise this sort of unreliability will cause players to leave, and there are plenty other games that we can take our credit cards too. Get on your A game PWI staff, otherwise its going to cost u...b:sad
    the loudest person in the room usually has the least to say... b:chuckle f:hehe
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    to us we lsot a GREAT deal of stuffs A LOT Larger than u think we played all this days n farmed all that coins for u guys to reroll?......................... n u say the things so simply as if its nothing great.....
    Are you serious? Hundreds of millions of dollars, R9, 100k rep, and almost 10% at level 103? I'm glad it's no big deal to you but they stole from me.
    As I've said, I've been through worse rollbacks on other games before. I'm not saying that this is pleasant or that it means nothing. Just that it could have been worse and at least they're doing something about it. If you think four days is nightmare, try losing three months of work, effort, and people with no compensation nor mention of it.

4 days in this game, while horribly annoying (That's 4 days of merching down the drain, plus tokens, gear, EXP, badges, and so on), at least it came with a fix to something that may have potentially caused us to lose much more (at least, that's what they say) and they've shown in the past that they wouldn't perform a rollback unless it was the absolute last thing they could possibly do.

testarr wrote: »
    earlier you said the relevant gms were asleep now tell me how the *** gms can go asleep after they *** up evrything? and leave all trouble to a simple mod
    Well Surtr was up for 22 hours, so that's a thing... and they don't get paid for the extra time they spend here outside of office hours. As much as we despise the **** up, they're people too. I just had the misfortune of being online at the moment so I'm damage control until someone who can actually do something shows up, I suppose!

are you guy real? i buy $300 for zen and now all gone are you ****ing tell me to buy the zen again?,you got to be kidding right, you things we are rich or something?also why the ****ing an mine lvl 83 when im already lvl 89?i hope you guy fix it if not goodbye PWI
    That is realy nice of you now give me back my Zen and good bye PWI, I had already started playing anouther MMO and loosing 4% xp at 104 not nice.

x2 drops does not a thing for me nor does trying to give me gold. You managed to mess up major and you want to just roll back and say there you go!
    See:
    Surtr wrote: »
    ...And I'm spent. I've been up for about 22 hours now, and my brain is completely fried. Honestly, I'm surprised I managed as many stanzas as I did.

Unfortunately, there turned out to be a critical database error on Archosaur that our engineers were not able to fix, and as a result the server has had to be rolled back to approximately 10am PST on Saturday, November 9th. We cannot apologize enough, as we know that for many of you that's the better part of four days of gameplay that's just been reverted. We will be compensating those of you who made purchases during that time in the coming days.
    They have promised compensation, so it's not a case of you never getting it back. At least for now. Now if the compensation is something stupid like 10 Hyper EXP stones, then... please don't direct your very appropriate outrage at me when I have to do my job as a mod. b:surrender
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    As I've said, I've been through worse rollbacks on other games before. I'm not saying that this is pleasant or that it means nothing. Just that it could have been worse and at least they're doing something about it. If you think four days is nightmare, try losing three months of work, effort, and people with no compensation nor mention of it.

4 days in this game, while horribly annoying (That's 4 days of merching down the drain, plus tokens, gear, EXP, badges, and so on), at least it came with a fix to something that may have potentially caused us to lose much more (at least, that's what they say) and they've shown in the past that they wouldn't perform a rollback unless it was the absolute last thing they could possibly do.

Well Surtr was up for 22 hours, so that's a thing... and they don't get paid for the extra time they spend here outside of office hours. As much as we despise the **** up, they're people too. I just had the misfortune of being online at the moment so I'm damage control until someone who can actually do something shows up, I suppose!

See:

They have promised compensation, so it's not a case of you never getting it back. At least for now. Now if the compensation is something stupid like 10 Hyper EXP stones, then... please don't direct your very appropriate outrage at me when I have to do my job as a mod. b:surrender

I feel for you Mods, I really do.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • ZooozOOo - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    lol its like getting officially scammed all the hard work n time u put in there comes to nothing n they compensate with 2x is ther any guarantee after farming n spending more in 2x we wont get another reroll?????? n nthey compensate with another 2x we playing game to loose time? really??????? i think u guys should log in n u will see the spams frm ppl that lost so much in the server
  • scrubby00
    scrubby00 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This is the 2nd time already within a year.
    You fackup, and we have to pay for ur misstakes, again!

Im deleting 3 accounts, i have enough of PWI.
    RIP PWI u just lost a good cashshoper....

Hello everyone,

• Swift_Wingz - Archosaur
    Swift_Wingz - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    All I would like is for the GMs to repond to these posts and tell us all what they will do to return things such as gold, coins or gear. Expierience would be nice but as far as gold that is real money being dumped into a game that frankly just screwed all its customers. Not good business, not good business at all.
  • ZooozOOo - Archosaur
    edited November 2013

See:

m sure it could be enough for some ppl to quit the game some ppl lost abt 900m in the process what could be more worst reroll to the start of archer server lol...
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hell Facking No God Dammit, Missing Stuff And Money Too, I Do Have Same Amount Of Money I Had Before Restart And I Missing Everything I Bought Or Made In This 4 Days, Except Nw Tokens, They Are Not Rolled Back, Why Did You Pwi Stole My Money?????? Made This Game Facking Hard To Play And Now What Im Earned You Just Stole From Me???? Im Going To Every Game Rating Site On The Net And Il Start To Post Things About Pwi, Pwe Or Pwcn..theye Are The Same Anyways...stealing From Players??? The Money I Earned On The Hard Damn Way, Hell No God Dammit
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rixoth - Archosaur
    Rixoth - Archosaur Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I lost my rrr9 chest, leggings and sleeves. The GsTs I bought to make these I purchased during chip sales. Now the chip sale is gone, so I lost about 105m, because now I have to buy them again with double price. Sure, I get the gold back eventually but I bet they arent going to compensate any of this ? Why the hell would they remove chip sale, because OBVIOUSLY ppl have bought chips during this time and will now lose money cus of this.

GG, PWI. Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • poppsie
    poppsie Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    yeah it sux, yeah your stuff is gone... deal with it and get over it... pwi doesn't have to provide us a free game to play... they don't "have" to provide us with anything... and yup, it's the most expensive free game I've ever played, been playin for over 4 years now and have spent more than I would care to admit on this free game...**** happens, it's a fact of life,
    don't ya all think the staff had a clue when they did the reset ? knew how much grief they were gonna get ? how pissed people would be ? how much hate they would receive ? and yet they did a reset anyhow... someone or something messed up bad and they did what they needed to do to fix it, those that purchased zen will be reimbursed so ya lost 4 days it sux but give em a break they did what they needed to do after spending several hours trying to fix what ever the problem was in the 1st place. Any of you haters ever consider telling em thank you for providing you with a free place to go ? A free game to play ? Probably not, you were to busy hating
  • faruskas
    faruskas Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Its almost impossible to believe that you dont have a DAILY BACKUP to cover extreme situations like this and that you have to go back 5 DAYS (120 hours) of continuos gameplay, making your devoted customers to lose not only the time spent but unique deals, sales, purchases, packs, ZEN, etc, etc, etc... and all you can do is say "SOOWIE, WE F...CKED IT UP, BUT HEY, WE WILL GIVE YOU A WHOLE DAY, I REPEAT, A WHOOOLEE DAY OF 2X DROPING, SPIRIT AND EXP"..... Why you think we are STUPID?.. that we can be bought with a damn day of 2X? you better think twice, NOT EVEN A WEEK OF 2X WILL COMPENSATE THE LOST WE HAVE SUFFERED HERE DUE TO YOUR INCOMPETENCE.... So you BETTER think on another really QUICK solution before ARCHOSAUR becomes the less populated server of all PWE.
  • alejovasquez
    alejovasquez Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hello everyone,

hopefully I returned the ZEN
  • pcg
    pcg Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

dont try to minimize this
  • rihnar#9476
    rihnar#9476 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I lost my rrr9 chest, leggings and sleeves. The GsTs I bought to make these I purchased during chip sales. Now the chip sale is gone, so I lost about 105m, because now I have to buy them again with double price. Sure, I get the gold back eventually but I bet they arent going to compensate any of this ? Why the hell would they remove chip sale, because OBVIOUSLY ppl have bought chips during this time and will now lose money cus of this.

GG, PWI. Thank you.

Rixy go Be-Witch them gm's. b:thanks b:thanks
    edited November 2013

GG, PWI. Thank you.

dream on you will not get anything back this was on purpose, a real rollback wouldnt get you have thing you shouldnt now, couse u got them in these 4 days, so money is gone and you cannot prove what u had couse there is no proof, PWI stole your money, just like they screwd the ecnomoy and a lot of other things too, just cant wait how much money is missing from my shop...PWI scammed there own players today...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ruechen - Archosaur
    Ruechen - Archosaur Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hell Facking No God Dammit, Missing Stuff And Money Too, I Do Have Same Amount Of Money I Had Before Restart And I Missing Everything I Bought Or Made In This 4 Days, Except Nw Tokens, They Are Not Rolled Back, Why Did You Pwi Stole My Money?????? Made This Game Facking Hard To Play And Now What Im Earned You Just Stole From Me???? Im Going To Every Game Rating Site On The Net And Il Start To Post Things About Pwi, Pwe Or Pwcn..theye Are The Same Anyways...stealing From Players??? The Money I Earned On The Hard Damn Way, Hell No God Dammit

Lucky my NW tokens along with everything else is gone n trust me i am not impressed only thing not rolled back was my seekers genie that hit 100 on the 11th but not rolled back
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] yeѕ, ι нαve тwo мodeѕ..ι ғeαr ɴoтнιɴɢ υɴleѕѕ ι'м ѕтυcĸ вeнιɴd α вαrв wιтн eхceѕѕιve ɢαѕ
  • cabbiedude
    cabbiedude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I understand PWI has to do what they have to do in order to fix the errors. My only question is....when will it be up and running again? Kudos to PWI for continuing to put up with small-minded greedy people and still putting out this free game for the rest of us to enjoy. I love you PWI. b:kiss
  • worldofdarkness7
    worldofdarkness7 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It will be good if this is fixed b4 everyone quits...
    x2 event and an apology is not enough for all those losses...f:grossf:grossf:gross
  • Abonimus - Raging Tide
    Abonimus - Raging Tide Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    pcg wrote: »
    dont try to minimize this

As well as you said i just want to add in the fact that minimizing this situation will just make it worse.

Also other , waaaaaaaay smaller games with a way smaller P2W factor did get rollbacks that are up to a week old ... BUT!

One should always look up and not down. Also in those games u didnt lose get halfassed rollbacks like you lose coins but you dont get your items back and stuff like that. Also Zen, Gold, GP and w/e else u wana call it doesnt get rolled back ... Ever in any game lol.
    Only thing worst then a troll is a brainless troll ...
    edited November 2013
    This was not a rollback, i do have my NW tokens from sundayand i have same ammount of Socket stones that im buying in my shop like i had yesterday, tou im missing toui missing like 7k sockets i bought these days,this was not a rollback !!! !!! but i missing money and stuff from my invertorry, THIS WAS NOT A ROLLBACK...this was a simply scamming money stealing thing in PWIs life...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lostinco
    lostinco Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    shame on you pwi for taking peoples items and rl money and the only thing you can say is there will be compensation?????? this is fruadulent behavior and reportable to better business bureaus and that big deal you make bout getting stars or number 1 with gaming publications are about to disappear cause you can't have those reports on file and not deal with them and you can believe i am sending them if you don't move your ***** and fix this...2x my *** no one cares bout 2 times we care where our money is in a crappy *** economy and you just decide the best way to fix something is too steal it....well damn thank goodness not everyone does that or the whole population would be doing it.