DQ points

Comments

• Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    In all fairness, our admins normally don't know what is coming from China until it gets here and players figure out the contents.

It is like this... Imagine:

China sends PWE a bucket of ****. PWE tells the playerbase that a new bucket of **** has arrived. The playerbase looks at the poo and posts what they have found on forum.
    Player 1, I think I see corn
    Player 2, That has to be a carrot
    Player 3, I hope to god that is rice...

Admin posts: Our new update is filled with corn, carrots and rice... enjoy.

That's how it works... and the DQ situation still sucks. b:bye

But in even more fairness, the GMs did know due to the "phasing out" as described, but also the DQ system isn't even implemented into PW China.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    But in even more fairness, the GMs did know due to the "phasing out" as described, but also the DQ system isn't even implemented into PW China.

I can understand why you think this. I do question if Beijing might have just told PWE to get rid of the DQ system (by removing points in the update) due to an autobot feature discussed on another thread. If this is the case, PWE might not have known til players noticed the DQ points missing on each item and they contacted China. As for the "phasing out" Genotypist spoke about... that could be his way to cover PWE's hind end at the last minute.

I'm not one to cover for PWE... goodness knows I've been sent to the penalty box, more than once, for telling Frankie what I thought of his "value as a CM".
    I do think that PWE is being too coy about these changes and not as upfront as they could be. Is this by PWE or Beijing's design??? who knows.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AliceAdams - Lost City
    AliceAdams - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think we should get an emergency 2x points event to npc our stockpiles.

Anyone know how much time we have left? Or when we can expect that blog post?
    I'M 103 YOU STUPID AVATAR!!!
    b:angryf:fume
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Surtr wrote: »
    We're working on a blog post with more details about this. Stay tuned.

Will you be around the moment its posted to answer further questions? This issue needs definite communication, otherwise more issues would just rise on the forums and in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • argentleman
    argentleman Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    genotypist wrote: »
    Hi all, this was a deliberate change in anticipation of the DQ system's eventual takedown. While the functionality of DQ items remain (you may still sell them for points), our intention is to gradually phase out their usage.

First time I ever heard of Surprise Buttsex being called "Phasing Out"

"No, your honor. I didn't (perform surprise buttsex), I was just phasing out her anal virginity."
  • ColdEP - Harshlands
    ColdEP - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think we should get an emergency 2x points event to npc our stockpiles.

Anyone know how much time we have left? Or when we can expect that blog post?

Agreed ~ b:surrender
    3faa5464-3152-4dd0-90ed-0da5c2bf9802.jpg
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I don't use the DQ system for much besides make over scrolls and random pigs.

But this is really close to the last straw, PWE needs to get their act together or I just may quit this game..... It's actually painful to play enough already.

It's the DAMN principle of the matter! What the hell is wrong with PWE?!

Edit: Also, I HAVE read through 10 pages of raging (Both Players and Mods alike).

Makes me wonder what's going through the GMs minds? Maybe they want to strangle somebody...? Who I would wonder...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    we dont even have a full time community manager....

three pretty busy mods are even so mad they are chomping at the bit to *not* break forums rules in their own responses....

this is such a departure from the apparent professionalism that the achievement system was removed with....

we all understand PWE doesn't really care for the immense backlash from the community....

to whomever believes that china has something to do with this... please stop, you are making all the wrong assumptions. the system was put into place by PWE of their own accord, it is also being removed (purportedly *replaced*) in the same fashion.

none of these red avatar'd responders have the permission to issue anything more than the empty sentiment that they have already shown us players. this "blog post" will probably take until the official announcement for the game's new content. and the system itself will probably not be effective until the content is rolled out.

personally i havent been able to commit any time to this game since before summer, it is sad because i keep my client up to date and login in every once in a while to see if the magic is there.... NEWP

and announcements like this..... ***amending patch notes without even being honest enough to show that the post was edited***

yeah well that just shows that these jokes of a game company don't have any professionalism at all. they can't even give us a decent... logical.... respectful.... heads up on a major change to a major facet of playing this game.

i guess disabling comments on blog posts was pre-prep work for this "blog post". no use in showing how angry and disgruntled the community of this game are on the front page right?
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Makes me wonder what's going through the GMs minds? Maybe they want to strangle somebody...? Who I would wonder...

they get paid good money to be the whipping boys for the company.... might as well get your money's worth right? they say what they are allowed to, nobody above the level of community manager has ever (to my knowledge) ever made a statement regarding any significant upset to the player base before nor would i expect it.

somebody said it earlier in this thread..... just convert the game to P2P and stop F*&^ing around with the people who bring the cash-spenders to your game...
  • Miyavi_ - Archosaur
    Miyavi_ - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think its hilarious that they are going to do this in the name of botters. Whatever helps them sleep at night. Fact is, they just want people to drop money on the game. The faster you get to 101 the faster you drop about a grand on this shtty game to rrr9 a crappy toon so they can **** on you later on.

Do whatever you say you're going to do in the name of botters but honestly no one believes you.

UNINSTALL
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    There better be a good explanation and a serious replacement equal to the DQ system for this. You guys at PWE are gonna be taking a lotta heat from the players (as if you haven't already) if this blog post doesn't offer up anything good.f:angryf:fume
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Melecha - Dreamweaver
    Melecha - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This is just bad PR.

Taking something away that your loyal player base has gotten used to without any heads up or news of what's coming is just bad PR - a very poor marketing technique.

This is something you all should work on. You lack in talent in this department. Instead of saying "Hey, we're getting rid of this, but we have something better coming", people have to figure it out for themselves, create pages of drama and QQing on the forums making presumptions and getting nowhere. Besides I doubt the amount of botters in game are really affecting the bottom line of monthly NPBM for PWE. It will just be an excuse to get rid of the farmers - not just botters. (Because in reality the only difference between the two, is one plays afk while one sits and zones on mobs for hours.)

Funny, I just quit the game, and found this out. Glad I made the move I did since every form of farming for coins and getting charms has been removed for players like myself. I'll be content buying a game for 50 bucks that's skill based, they're more fun and competitive anyway.

Good luck in your ventures tho! b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Calm down about the bots, no GM or mod said it was about bots, that was a player assumption.

Where is this blog post going to be?
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • ON_oFF - Lost City
    ON_oFF - Lost City Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hi all, this was a deliberate change in anticipation of the DQ system's eventual takedown. While the functionality of DQ items remain (you may still sell them for points), our intention is to gradually phase out their usage.

THAT IS RUDE AND WRONG, you lot are **** this game up..i'm so ova the fail after god damned fail.

You gave us the DQ system because oh shock freakin horror you nurfed all our other stuff...might i add you did it trying force people to cash shop..cause that is all you seem to give a flying fudge about...now to top it off you take away that? are you guyz actually trying to kill the game?

Good Job PWI on yet another way to make people quit the game cause the real smart idea of R9 didn't do a good enough job...
  • Mazumii - Dreamweaver
    Mazumii - Dreamweaver Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Might as well kill Free to play right now and make it so that all mats, herbs, raps, cannies, tt mats can only be bought from botique then people can't farm to sell....hell why not cut my right nut off while your at it....all they do is f*ck us over and over.
  • ExMyPrecious - Dreamweaver
    ExMyPrecious - Dreamweaver Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Calm down about the bots, no GM or mod said it was about bots, that was a player assumption.

Where is this blog post going to be?

^exactly this

This obviously doesnt have to do with bots...If GMs wanted to stop bots they would actually ban them for more then 1 week together with their main accounts.
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Wow, um...ok...WHAT??

Excuse me, but how many times can you slap your players in the face? Trying to see how many times it takes until our faces fall off or what? Honestly, god forbid we ever get any warning for anything around here, especially something as important as this.

I'm so exhausted and beyond annoyed with this disgusting trend that's been going on with this company. f:fume

I'll look for said blog post for answers when it comes, but I won't hold my breath for any good news.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • klor5xp7z
    klor5xp7z Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    I'm telling you PWI , I'm about to ragequit this game for good !b:angry
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Wow, um...ok...WHAT??

Excuse me, but how many times can you slap your players in the face? Trying to see how many times it takes until our faces fall off or what? Honestly, god forbid we ever get any warning for anything around here, especially something as important as this.

I'm so exhausted and beyond annoyed with this disgusting trend that's been going on with this company. f:fume

I'll look for said blog post for answers when it comes, but I won't hold my breath for any good news.....

Seems the PWE warning system on removal of important parts of the F2P experience is as useful as an early warning system for a tornado AFTER the tornado wiped everything out.

Well, PWE, you have presently given me yet another reason to keep my money in my pocket. At the rate you are killing the game, only a fool would spend money on this ever so quickly becoming joke MORPG - notice the missing M? That was the Multiplayer portion that is shrinking faster than a drop of water in Death Valley.

Now want to restore an inkling of faith back in your playerbase? Remove DQ but implement something better. I won't however be holding my breath as blue skin doesn't look good on me.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013

i'dd like a straight answer on this if possible, is the DQ Rewards Page updating with new inputs after the maintenance (and yes ive sold 2-3 stacks yesterday to see if it's updating)?

and second if you'll remove their worth in coins and in DQ points, what will happen to your beloved Archosaur Event and the DQ sin skills? f:despise
  • jmkvan220
    jmkvan220 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Well its becoming more and more and 100% pay to play. After years of playing and you do have many of us that have stuck around. Seems you just want to phase us out and take all the fun away. Seriously when will all the BS stop.
  • Maliva - Lost City
    Maliva - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    im thoroughly disgusted, i just returned to game to see how it had changed, i like many farm dq for charms, dyes and the like because i dont wanna put money into this game ( i have done in the past b:surrender).

Anyways, for a supposed F2P game, its seems nothing like it, it no longer resembles the game i and many others started with way back.... well i have to say congratulations PWE/PWI you have just about killed your own game with this one, and its sad to see such a thing happen.

I like many will wait for this 'blog' not that im expecting anything but a large slap in the face and being fobbed off with another flimsy excuse.

Sad, so sad

*clears out dqs for the last time*
    101 Sage Veno - Retired
    103 Sage Sin - Retired
    88 Archer (Culti undecided)
    71 Mystic (Culti Undecided)

Too many toons Deleted b:surrender
  • Lenaura - Sanctuary
    Lenaura - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Still no promised blog info either
  • bebepiro123#3519
    bebepiro123#3519 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Seriously Genotypist,

you guys take everything from people who like to "farm" items.

1. you took the possibility to make some decent coins with mirages in HH
    2. You destroyed the whole Nirvana Dungeon (to be honest every silly private server just changed the rewards).
    3. now you take the people their small dq point rewards...

You should not wonder when more and more and more ppl will leave this game REALY SOON!!!
  • Sister_Warui - Raging Tide
    Sister_Warui - Raging Tide Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You guys at PWE are kind of stupid neh? Recently it looks like you are not even trying to hide it anymore. Not even attempting.

First you lose V4l.

Then you hire Synchroze on as the interim CM or whatever whose post about ARC and the FAQ he spends the first few days/pages ONLY responding to the people who got aggressive about it (your stupid ARC FAQ btw. Stupid.) and basically trying to bully people into somehow not being angry about unnecessary and ultimately negative changes. Then he switches to 'complain about my job to the customers' mode like that helps anyone. Basically the most unprofessional you can get while still being paid. Defend it how you want. Not going to change the facts.

Now this? DQ suddenly not showing up. At first I laughed it off as another typical PWE error after reset day. But nope. You WANT to get rid of an integral part of the economy for CSers and non CSers alike. You know what integral means yes? Because again...sometimes I wonder.

But it does not end there does it? You never even put it in the patch notes! Told no one until after they found out! And that is not something you just FORGET to put in there either. You have to know how important it is and how many people use it. Which means you intentionally tried to deceive us. But it gets better! You edited the patch notes and tried to pretend like nothing happened! Again...were you hoping no one would notice?
    Because if so...kind of stupid. Even your mods, the people whom you hired and gave positions of power to because you think they are level headed and trustworthy, think you(PWE) did major wrong here.

One of these days I hope one freaking person in there paid by PWE starts looking at the people who play this game like customers...and then starts acting like it. You run a poor business. Even if it had to happen the lack of notification and the pretending like you had put it in the patch notes to begin with was low and wrong. Horrible business professionalism. Horrible.
    Perfect Signature made by Silvy![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RandomSin: Horu your wife is a murderer.
    Horugou: I know, Isn't it great? :D
    Reroll closed thread because necros suck. -Kossy
  • SweetDevyl - Lost City
    SweetDevyl - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You guys at PWE are kind of stupid neh? Recently it looks like you are not even trying to hide it anymore. Not even attempting.

First you lose V4l.

Then you hire Synchroze on as the interim CM or whatever whose post about ARC and the FAQ he spends the first few days/pages ONLY responding to the people who got aggressive about it (your stupid ARC FAQ btw. Stupid.) and basically trying to bully people into somehow not being angry about unnecessary and ultimately negative changes. Then he switches to 'complain about my job to the customers' mode like that helps anyone. Basically the most unprofessional you can get while still being paid. Defend it how you want. Not going to change the facts.

Now this? DQ suddenly not showing up. At first I laughed it off as another typical PWE error after reset day. But nope. You WANT to get rid of an integral part of the economy for CSers and non CSers alike. You know what integral means yes? Because again...sometimes I wonder.

But it does not end there does it? You never even put it in the patch notes! Told no one until after they found out! And that is not something you just FORGET to put in there either. You have to know how important it is and how many people use it. Which means you intentionally tried to deceive us. But it gets better! You edited the patch notes and tried to pretend like nothing happened! Again...were you hoping no one would notice?
    Because if so...kind of stupid. Even your mods, the people whom you hired and gave positions of power to because you think they are level headed and trustworthy, think you(PWE) did major wrong here.

One of these days I hope one freaking person in there paid by PWE starts looking at the people who play this game like customers...and then starts acting like it. You run a poor business. Even if it had to happen the lack of notification and the pretending like you had put it in the patch notes to begin with was low and wrong. Horrible business professionalism. Horrible.

I really wonder what actually happened, cause it wasn't always like this... there was no real lack of comunication a few years ago, and even ppl who wouldn't/couldn't cs so much used to buy zen from time to time, just for the fun of it.
    I can't find any logical explanation for all these, except stupidity...
    LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS, GOD DAMN IT!!!!
    No wonder so many ppl quit.... and there are more to come... b:angry
  • Liliacea - Heavens Tear
    Liliacea - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You need an explanation? Try "greed".
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm pretty disappointed with this...
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • smiagon
    smiagon Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    they take us everything...i ll stop playing this bull sh it GAME!!!

THANKS GMS

PS: Hackers like -removed- so on got 800.000 Event Gold and more on Lost City...
    those ppl wont get any problems right?
  • Lenaura - Sanctuary
    Lenaura - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I actually wouldn't be surprised now if they removed the event boutique so people couldn't spend the saved up demon/sage cards..would be the final nail in the coffin.