DQ points

Options

Comments

• Purple_fury - Sanctuary
    Purple_fury - Sanctuary Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Since the DQ point system was put in place as compensation for removing the coin value from the DQ items, this totally means when the DQ points are removed, the coin value for the DQs will be reinstated , right?
    Right?
    Right?
    Am I right?
    b:angry

you really dont know the answer to that? f:laugh of course they wont f:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Liliacea - Heavens Tear
    Liliacea - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Since the DQ point system was put in place as compensation for removing the coin value from the DQ items, this totally means when the DQ points are removed, the coin value for the DQs will be reinstated , right?
    Right?
    Right?
    Am I right?
    b:angry
    In a Perfect World this might actually happen. Ha. Ha. -.-
  • arenaastra1
    arenaastra1 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I am very disappointed by this news :(
  • firenia
    firenia Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    so will we still have dq items in game if we lose the points? because I enjoy doing the dragon quests to help keep busy and grind exp and I'm gonna be really upset if we lose out on a good quest. I'm upset already that they're taking away dq points and now its going to be harder to earn cash, I have other options open like selling herbs and mats that I store up but honestly it takes a really long time to do that. I've been playing this game about 6 years now and I can see why most of the veteran players left.
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited October 2013
    Options
    The items themselves are not being removed, just the point system from vendoring them.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    firenia wrote: »
    so will we still have dq items in game if we lose the points? because I enjoy doing the dragon quests to help keep busy and grind exp and I'm gonna be really upset if we lose out on a good quest. I'm upset already that they're taking away dq points and now its going to be harder to earn cash, I have other options open like selling herbs and mats that I store up but honestly it takes a really long time to do that. I've been playing this game about 6 years now and I can see why most of the veteran players left.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1635811 read post #9...nuff said
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Doom_Panda - Harshlands
    Doom_Panda - Harshlands Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Will there be a replacement?
    Mains:
    Doom_Panda- 102/101/102 R9 3rd cast Demon Barb 40k HP.
    Dawnx - 100/85 Demon Cleric.
    PsychicTuna- 101/100 Sage Psychic.
    DawnMyst- 96 Demon Mystic.

PANDAS FTW. AND I b:heart ARMA! b:avoid
  • boefje2002
    boefje2002 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    they still advertise for a free game to play. If u dont put cash in the game its hard to play, even for a high lvl. First the low lvl dq, then Nirvana which was tbh a sins paradise, same for FC. For any other class its hard to play PWI. Even selling mats is tought cause the cash players can buy it. Thx PWI for breaking off the game. Im loosing my appetite in the game that used to be a great game. b:angryb:cryb:angry
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Surtr wrote: »
    The items themselves are not being removed, just the point system from vendoring them.

That's the point. People want the DQ point system to remain as is. Why is it getting removed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options

Will there be alternative ways of acquiring DQ points then?
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • headslicer1
    headslicer1 Posts: 10
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Agreed, there should be another way to acquire dq pts. Also I wonder if gm read all the posts of players on forums because if you read all... you would seriously think are we this stupid to take it down? xD
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    >Not giving any warning about DQ reward removal
    >Not waiting till the new system was ready to remove it

>MFW
    /R/equesting someone to link that post Frankieraye left about promising better communication
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
    edited October 2013
    Options
    That's the point. People want the DQ point system to remain as is. Why is it getting removed?
    Because they dont care about us players. They just want our money.

Oh btw, will the event boutique be removed too? Cause there isnt really any point in keeping it, if you take away the means to get event gold.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options

What is the reasoning behind the removal?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Because they dont care about us players. They just want our money.

Oh btw, will the event boutique be removed too? Cause there isnt really any point in keeping it, if you take away the means to get event gold.

They use Event Boutique as bonus system for Cash shoppers.

PWI - Earn Awesome Rewards by Spending Zen [9/27 - 9/30]
    For every 25 Gold your characters SPEND in the PWI Boutique , we'll send you (1) Demon/Sage Event Card!
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Cause there isnt really any point in keeping it, if you take away the means to get event gold.

was it removed as an award from tiger event? and can still get d/s cards from boutique promotions
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options

That is very obvious.

Bots farm DQ items

DQ items are used 99% for demon/sage cards.

Event gold is 99% used for charms, tienkangs, tischas and smileys.

All of those can be bought directly in the boutique.

So the botters are in direct competition with PWIs boutique.

And because it takes a lot more effort to do something about botters than to simply remove the stuff they farm from the game.... thats what they do. Of course the botters will find new stuff. So then that has to be removed etc etc.....
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
    edited October 2013
    Options
    So yeah, it's all about cash shopping. Yay. Excuse me, I'm gonna puke now.
  • surtr
    edited October 2013
    Options
    We're working on a blog post with more details about this. Stay tuned.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I think it very reasonable that they combat botters who are essentially competing with their bussiness.
    It would be nice however if for the whole community they would offset this loss of alternative non-gold shopping. If now they will introduce lots more demon/sage card event rewards, i think it would be good for the game. H

eck, maybe even just have an NPC sell the demon/sage cards for 5m. That way the botters are beaten, the comunity loses nothing and replacingthe extra money generation from selling DQ items, you get a coinsink instead, which would be healthy for the game.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    We're working on a blog post with more details about this. Stay tuned.

So um how are you going to announce this? maybe make a news announcement or are you going to make us watch the forums to find out info?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    That is very obvious.

Bots farm DQ items

And because it takes a lot more effort to do something about botters than to simply remove the stuff they farm from the game.... thats what they do. Of course the botters will find new stuff. So then that has to be removed etc etc.....

That's a compelling argument if it were not for the fact that DQ points and the D/S cards, and the event gold, and the items that you get from event gold are *all* bound.

Botters are not a tremendous problem, or even a significant presence in this game.

I think this may be their response to the vast over-abuse of the most recent Charge Rewards promotion, where individuals spammed gold trade to get several hundred plat HP charms and multiple event gold cards. I know 4 different people that spent over 5 thousand gold.

Granted, PWI dug its own grave in that regard; nonetheless, had players not been so greedy and done things in moderation and not flooded the GMs with tickets because they overloaded the system, it likely would have gone by unnoticed.

Still, I feel this is unacceptable. This was our compensation for DQ coin nerf. DQ coins were nerfed FURTHER and we were given no more compensation.

This has become a crucial part of the game that a lot of players depend on. And frankly, I don't see it impacting gold sales *all that much.* Purchasing silver charms with event gold spends pretty fast and simply doesn't compare to Plat charms. Most people I know who use event gold spend it on smileys, and tisha/tienkang once in a blue moon when they get a new piece of gear.

I'd say most of the gold spent/bought is used to get packs to gamble with. Obliterating DQ rewards is not going to increase gold purchasing by any great margin, at least not enough to make the disruption to the "way of life" in game worthwhile.
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    Annastasia - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    genotypist wrote: »
    Hi all, this was a deliberate change in anticipation of the DQ system's eventual takedown. While the functionality of DQ items remain (you may still sell them for points), our intention is to gradually phase out their usage.

you need to explain a lot more than this! first you take away the money gained by dq. then you give us dq points in exchange for the loss of the money. then you take away some of the items in the dq shop WITHOUT any notice. now randomly, AGAIN WITH NO NOTICE!!! you take away the dq points and say you are phasing out the system. WTFH! there is this thing called communication that ended when eatwithspoons left. you have zero interaction with players unless ignoring tickets is considered interaction.

seriously! you need to explain yourself here. this is not acceptable. for the other 99.9% of us this sort of **** would get us fired.
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    Annastasia - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I think it very reasonable that they combat botters who are essentially competing with their bussiness.
    It would be nice however if for the whole community they would offset this loss of alternative non-gold shopping. If now they will introduce lots more demon/sage card event rewards, i think it would be good for the game. H

eck, maybe even just have an NPC sell the demon/sage cards for 5m. That way the botters are beaten, the comunity loses nothing and replacingthe extra money generation from selling DQ items, you get a coinsink instead, which would be healthy for the game.

so then they need to take out herbs too. that is where i find the most botters completely unchecked and nothing is done when reported. what the GMs need to do is get off their butts and actually do their jobs which in part is busting botters and not punishing the whole community for what only a few people are doing.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Options
    That is very obvious.

Bots farm DQ items

Threaten the bot makers with a lawsuit for copyright infringement by sending a cease and desist letter. Then start banning mains, and permaban the bots. It worked for other heavily bot infested f2p mmos, and this one doesn't even have that many of them. This has nothing to do with China, China didn't have a DQ point system. TBH, I've never been more annoyed, and I was directly affected by both the goon glitch and the MOGs/Chips being removed form the DQ system.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Eshkol - Dreamweaver
    Eshkol - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    genotypist wrote: »
    Hi all, this was a deliberate change in anticipation of the DQ system's eventual takedown. While the functionality of DQ items remain (you may still sell them for points), our intention is to gradually phase out their usage.

Would a GM or Admin please clarify some things in their posts. The way I am reading it we should still be receiving points for DQ items we are vendoring today even though the in game script doesn't say that we will receive points. The point system is still in place and the website is up and running but will be removed soon so vendor and use the points A.S.A.P. if you stockpiled DQ items.

If what I just said is true then why have I not received points for things I vendored in the past 5 days. My last points were added on 10-11-13 on both of my accounts and I know for a fact I sold DQ items since then. There have been an overwhelming number of people stating that the last points they received were on the 11th and 12th. Is this just lag in the system or is that the cutoff day for selling DQ items for points?

Thank you
    edited October 2013
    Options
    What Eshkol said.

Apparently the site is still updating, but I didnt receive any points since 11th.
  • surtr
    edited October 2013
    Options
    So um how are you going to announce this? maybe make a news announcement or are you going to make us watch the forums to find out info?
    There will be a news announcement. I don't have an ETA for it, though.
    Would a GM or Admin please clarify some things in their posts. The way I am reading it we should still be receiving points for DQ items we are vendoring today even though the in game script doesn't say that we will receive points. The point system is still in place and the website is up and running but will be removed soon so vendor and use the points A.S.A.P. if you stockpiled DQ items.
    This is correct.
    If what I just said is true then why have I not received points for things I vendored in the past 5 days. My last points were added on 10-11-13 on both of my accounts and I know for a fact I sold DQ items since then. There have been an overwhelming number of people stating that the last points they received were on the 11th and 12th. Is this just lag in the system or is that the cutoff day for selling DQ items for points?
    I'll look into this, but I suspect it's just system lag.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    so.. all is moving to Arc is it? Why? Why FORCE Arc down people's throats?
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    so.. all is moving to Arc is it? Why? Why FORCE Arc down people's throats?
    Topic title: "[Text] DQ points"

Edit: bumping this to the new page so unrelated post doesn't hinder related questions:
    So the coin value of high DQ items will be the same?