DQ points

Options

Comments

• kyrinrayne
    kyrinrayne Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Seriously PWI -.-....After reading ALL the comments I suggest you reconsider your plans to remove the DQ system. The few botters there may be are far out weighed by your player base who doesn't. To remove a system from play w/o prior warning and sufficient compensation is criminal and the poorest of customer service. At the very least you need to allow those points already accrued to be used by the players. If you take this system away several of your events will be nerfed and tbh more and more of your player base will leave.
    I have asked all the factions I have toons in to please repost the link to this thread in the effort however minimal to get you to reconsider this choice. I came here from another MMO and if you take the DQ point system out of play then perhaps it's time I and others like me reconsider out options on MMO's to play. Only though use of a good product backed by quality customer service does any company hope to grow and thrive in such a highly competitive market.

It's not as if there aren't plenty of other MMO's who wouldn't be thrilled to have more players come in and get the opportunity for the funds that people here put into the game. DQ points affect ALL players be they cash or free.

Sincerely a VERY unhappy customer
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Pretty much completely agree with Kyrinrayne. I don't play at the moment, however the new expansion had me wanting to come back because it looked promising. If DQ rewards are removed then the chances of me along with the friends I'd bring back with me decreases significantly.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Pretty much completely agree with Kyrinrayne. I don't play at the moment, however the new expansion had me wanting to come back because it looked promising. If DQ rewards are removed then the chances of me along with the friends I'd bring back with me decreases significantly.

I love you bro come back to me QQ...its official PWI MUST keep DQ so i can have my Saethos back QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I love you bro come back to me QQ...its official PWI MUST keep DQ so i can have my Saethos back QQ

You and my 17 other lovers
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • lena6
    lena6 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    so.. all is moving to Arc is it? Why? Why FORCE Arc down people's throats?

I did not read anywhere that it was moving to Arc. BUT if this is the case then its a crock of well you know what. Not everyone can use Arc. I know a few people who had to actually un -install Arc just to be able to play the game.

This game used to be fun to play, back in the day when cashing was not a requirement to anything and everything. If things keep going down hill like they are it might as well be turned into another pay to play game. And tbh, its getting cheaper to buy a new PS3 or Xbox game every 2 weeks compared to the money dumped in here for charms etc.

As I've read for a number of posts PWI is not looking for a happy player base. If they were they wouldn't ever consider something so stupid as removing the DQ site.
  • jockerks
    jockerks Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    genotypist wrote: »
    Hi all, this was a deliberate change in anticipation of the DQ system's eventual takedown. While the functionality of DQ items remain (you may still sell them for points), our intention is to gradually phase out their usage.

hello guys how are u all !:3...i hope everyone is fine...well i would like to say that a lot of ppl will not agree or accept this kind of thing(take down the DQ system)...i dont...already.If the pwi's administrators wants to make this game a kind of game that u need to pay to receive or get better items (which happens already)..and they will not consider u playing as something relevant ..just the amount of real life Money u spend as something relevant...then i would really leave this game...even the ppl that spend Money in this game...they would love to find things...they can have for playing hard..one great example ...is the DQ drops ...they give to us points and can be exchanged into some good items like for refining ...and other stuff...still ppl buy refine orbs.........We all can conclude that this kind of system(DQ SYSTEM) does not make the game less profitable to the ppl that run it...it makes more and more people play it. A fair game where people can really have some good rewards for the time that they spent in the game..would be a good game...but imagine a game where the only thing that is importante is your wallet....if so.... lets all go to Las Vegas then...who needs pwi...at least there we would have the chance to gain some Money ...and dont spend into a game that doesnt even care about their players...if it does...now its the time to show an example....we must pay for almost everything ....at least something for free. One day for sure..they will even make the coins disappier and drops from mobs be gone and u will have to buy ur gears using GOLD haha x3 at least is that waht it seems so. We have some options...one is try to convince that at least DQ system is something that they shouldnt touch..if they do ..pls dont make it harder...its already a pain to get stuff from it ....the second thing we could do is leave pwi and go to another game.
  • Dragslave - Dreamweaver
    Dragslave - Dreamweaver Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    So what will be the point on archosaur assaults from now on, i stood there farming DQs 4 hours to get my event gold, so now, because of some ppl who bot and can be easily found and banned if u were ever in game when needed we are gonna lose a good money saves from charms/dyes/refining aids.

How about reconsidering this idea and do something against bots, or at least add as random BH 1 reward 5 event gold, so we can at least get them somewhere and bots become useless
  • foxxel1980
    foxxel1980 Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    In my opinion the solution to this would have been simple.

Keep dq as they were.

Have people report botters/have staff look

Once a botter is found, ban them and those that profit (i.e the main rolling in the dough from it all) for an appropriate length of time and remove the dq points/coin equivalent.

Soon you have less botters. people feel the staff are doing everything, and everyone but those who cheated are happy. and get to enjoy the free to play game.

DQ points are vital to players for many aspects of the game. My first mount i grinded for months to afford via DQ to buy it.

Not everyone wants to buy the "economical" 3-6 dollar platinum charm to do a boss, to tick for 30K and be stuck with it, and small charms are helpful in this scenario.

Fashion likewise is overprices and smileys and such... DQ make it possible for low level players to afford things like this. on the FREE to PLAY game. it shouldnt be a requirement to spend 10m on clothes.

Likewise refining without DQ points would be a nightmare.
    without DQ points for tisha/tienkangs. we would have to resort to either orbs. which in turn would push up the already exuberant prices of gold higher. or the cash shop tisha/tienkangs. Currently on my server 50 tisha/tienkangs would cost approximately 30m (no sale at this time), which would guarantee me... nothing. Nothing but a giant hole in my pocket where coins used to be.

PWI please, stop making excuses, if botters are such an issue, solve the botting problem. It always feels as if you tear out a non-donator's income, and force them to cash shop under some thin pretext. just admit why you do it, and stop advertising the game as free to play.
  • jockerks
    jockerks Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    So what will be the point on archosaur assaults from now on, i stood there farming DQs 4 hours to get my event gold, so now, because of some ppl who bot and can be easily found and banned if u were ever in game when needed we are gonna lose a good money saves from charms/dyes/refining aids.

How about reconsidering this idea and do something against bots, or at least add as random BH 1 reward 5 event gold, so we can at least get them somewhere and bots become useless

OMG! tottaly agreed.If the administrators of this game wants to kill the mobs(bots) let us do it...but with rewards at the end, if u guys are really seriously thinking about quitting the DQ system , it will have no point for anybody to kill mobs or farming something from any kind of bot
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Hi all, this was a deliberate change in anticipation of the DQ system's eventual takedown. While the functionality of DQ items remain (you may still sell them for points), our intention is to gradually phase out their usage.
    Is there a good reason for this? Let's take a small trip down memory lane.

1: China nerfs DQ values by 20% due to botters they have.
    2: PWI's community is rightfully outraged as it was a problem for China alone. We complained rather vocally and frequently about this.
    3: Due to enough complaints, we receive the DQ points system as our compensation.
    4: China, once again, nerfs the lower level DQs in price by dropping them to 1 coin each. High level DQs still have the original 20% value nerf.
    5: Jolly Jons orders are added in as a compensation for this to assist the players in level ranges affected. As prices on DQs remained the same, the DQ point system was not touched.

So now we're being told we're going to have a system that was placed here to counter China's problems and that has become integral for us... is being removed. And we weren't even given a heads up.

Can you do me a favor and at least imaging shoving your bosses off a cliff for this manner of stupidity? And especially since we have absolutely NO idea at all what, if anything, will be set up to replace this system. So for all we know the players are getting screwed for no good reason with no warning and nothing we can do.... which I suppose is starting to become "just another Tuesday" for us. And yes, that's an absolutely horrendous thing.
    Surtr wrote: »
    The items themselves are not being removed, just the point system from vendoring them.
    .... Pardon me for being frank but, so what if the items themselves aren't being removed? Honestly that's more of an insult than anything else because now mobs from level 1 til the lower 80s will be dropping completely useless items that aren't even worth picking up. NPCing them for coin? It's 1 coin. Who cares? People already barely touch mob coin drops as is and having items drop worth 1 coin is going to just disgust people even more. Doing Dragon Quests? Almost nobody does those anymore. PWI shafted players in that regards long ago when they stuffed the DQ horses in the botique. And while the level 60 interval stuff from dragon quests are nice, they aren't worth the bother for most. Especially since now all you're doing is burning coin if you attempt to get them. Badges of wisdom for the weapons of the sages? Easier to obtain via a low level alt anyways and not many care about those (now outdated) weapons anyways. The only mild use they have is to let players expand their bank early on... which winds up being easily overshadowed by the fact that they'd want to use a super safe stone anyways for the best investment!

Saying that the items will still be there is, honestly, about as comforting, and useful, as telling someone they're going to die from a gunshot wound but at least it's not raining outside.
    We're working on a blog post with more details about this. Stay tuned.
    And once again, I request you at least imagine shoving your bosses off a cliff for this kind of nonsense. Something like this sort of blog post should have come FIRST! No ifs, ands, or buts! The very first thing that should have been done was inform your customers about this massive change and the reasoning for it! Instead we are, as usual, left to find out unpleasantly on our own. Then only given fleeting bits of information after the fact! This sort of practice is exactly the reason why so many are dissuaded from any titles with PWE's name involved.

You should have learned by the time you were a seven year old that being the one to give mommy and daddy the good (or bad) news first made a HUGE difference compared to having them find out on their own. Yet here is this company going and **** up as basic a principle as that with this. And it really seems like whoever made the decision either expected us to either not notice or not react. Absolutely stupid and disgusting is what it is. And while I am aware you aren't directly at fault and apologize for making you have to sift through this, your bosses should know better by now and someone needs to go beat some sense into them about this sort of thing.

And trust me, I'm having a difficult enough time repressing my utter distaste (to put it about as mildly as possible while still conveying how I feel) towards both this decision and how it was executed. Shame on you, PWE, for this.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • queentempest
    queentempest Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »

And trust me, I'm having a difficult enough time repressing my utter distaste (to put it about as mildly as possible while still conveying how I feel) towards both this decision and how it was executed. Shame on you, PWE, for this.

Interesting.. even the mods don't agree with you PWE.

Simply put, leave our DQ system alone.
  • XxRagzxx - Sanctuary
    XxRagzxx - Sanctuary Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Getting to be about that time when I uninstall...
    Archer Build:
    pwcalc.com/d38eec6e1f27c7a6
    Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/d74f267d3be72784
  • Lenaura - Sanctuary
    Lenaura - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    This sucks. I spend hours farming the spiders to get dq points so I can get demon/sage cards.

PWi are pushing more and more players away, by trying to squeeze every cent out of us. I do cashshop when good sales come on but meh your **** with us by not announcing the change. Only tell us when someone starts complaining on forums.

this game is not fun anymore.

Will wait and see what happens before hitting the uninstall button. I can think of one game that I paid for that is so much more fun then this. AND they do actually fix bugs.
  • Serafemme - Lost City
    Serafemme - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Lenaura, it was in the patch notes, so it's not like we weren't told until geno's reply in this thread. However, for such an impending change as this, it would have been smart of whomever is responsible for posting blogs, to have posted it before maintenance even began last night, not for us to wait until patch notes are published to find out.
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    Annastasia - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Getting to be about that time when I uninstall...

yep. if this goes through as stated with no more dq rewards system and no decent replacement, i will finally uninstall. for good. Good Job PWE at being the worst at communicating with your players. at being the worst for giving our **** rewards for long time players. you do realize that the cash shoppers will have no one to sell their items to if all the non cash shoppers quit? what sort of business plan do you have going? i should go check how much your stock dropped lately XD
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    Options
    It wasn't in the patch notes until after people began to rage. I check the patch notes every maintenance, it was edited in after people got pissed off.
  • Purple_fury - Sanctuary
    Purple_fury - Sanctuary Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    It wasn't in the patch notes until after people began to rage. I check the patch notes every maintenance, it was edited in after people got pissed off.
    i do the same and noticed they edited the patch notes.. they obviously did this in hope we wouldnt find out till the DQ rewards were already gone >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    No communication.

No discernible purpose.

Very little warning.

Did you guys just read wanmei's pathetic patch notes and go "oh hell, we have to find a way to phrase this to PWI players now"? I'm reminded of Frankieraye's PR disaster when he baldfacedly told us that PWE thought the Secret Passage PK was "ultimately positive." Do you really want this to be the next day-that-lives-in-infamy?

Just be straight with us. "Look, wanmei wants to take down the DQ points system. We don't know why and we think it sucks too." Is that so hard?

That blog post had better include an equivalent compensation. I suggest you take some advice from the community on what would be equivalent. For my part... I'm thinking we need some new way to get random pigments. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Lenaura, it was in the patch notes, so it's not like we weren't told until geno's reply in this thread.

It was edited in after this thread was made. We likely would not have seen any notice at all about it if no one had mentioned the change.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    So are we suppose to use the points we have now to not lose them??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Options
    No communication.

No discernible purpose.

Very little warning.

Did you guys just read wanmei's pathetic patch notes and go "oh hell, we have to find a way to phrase this to PWI players now"? I'm reminded of Frankieraye's PR disaster when he baldfacedly told us that PWE thought the Secret Passage PK was "ultimately positive." Do you really want this to be the next day-that-lives-in-infamy?

Just be straight with us. "Look, wanmei wants to take down the DQ points system. We don't know why and we think it sucks too." Is that so hard?

That blog post had better include an equivalent compensation. I suggest you take some advice from the community on what would be equivalent. For my part... I'm thinking we need some new way to get random pigments. >_>

ATM, fashionista wang is pretty close cost wise to DQ, with wang coming out better the more pigments it takes. What we really need more than anything is another real way to get sage/demon event cards. This was the only non-time zone dependent way. And even if you live in the time zone, most of the event last so little time, that it is easy to miss out for the entire week. And let's not kid ourselves, this is far worse than secret passage. The DQ points system was one a very important part of the economic system. And DQ items have been an important part of our economy since game launch, even if took on different forms over the years. Still waiting on that blog post.
    So are we suppose to use the points we have now to not lose them??

Yes.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Is event gold also at risk any time soon or only the DQ points ?
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options

I have this lurking feeling that if you hadn't told us this, we wouldn't have known anything until the ability to npc items for points was removed. Whether this is the case or not, thank you for giving us a proper warning
  • IiI_Reaper - Sanctuary
    IiI_Reaper - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Yea wut blood said woulda wasted so much DQ points tht ive been saving up x.x so thx for the heads up
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    We're working on a blog post with more details about this. Stay tuned.
    There will be a news announcement. I don't have an ETA for it, though.

Sooooo...

Are you still working on that blog post aka news announcement? Bet you will let us know... ready for it??? "soon" roflmaob:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    The execution of this decision was done very poorly PWE.

Your blog post better have a great explanation on why you're taking down this system that all players use. For example, back then Synchroze announced the close-down of the Achievement Point system, which was understandable, and everyone were okay with it, because it did not have an impact on players' in-game experience.

On top of that, that was communicated with the players THIRTY (30) days in advanced, allowing ample time to adapt and get ready. Yet here, you not only not announce it, but also are doing something that affects a large majority of the player-base in-game.

If it was being replaced with another system that uses the DQ items, then that'll be understandable, but leaving all of us players in the dark is a bit unacceptable as a company providing a service to its customers.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Here we are, trying to keep this game alive and indeed even revive it, and you hammer the coffin shut. This is probably the first time I have been so angry at a decision made by this company that I don't have words to express it. So I'm just going to put this here because it should be read again and again by you guys.
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Is there a good reason for this? Let's take a small trip down memory lane.

1: China nerfs DQ values by 20% due to botters they have.
    2: PWI's community is rightfully outraged as it was a problem for China alone. We complained rather vocally and frequently about this.
    3: Due to enough complaints, we receive the DQ points system as our compensation.
    4: China, once again, nerfs the lower level DQs in price by dropping them to 1 coin each. High level DQs still have the original 20% value nerf.
    5: Jolly Jons orders are added in as a compensation for this to assist the players in level ranges affected. As prices on DQs remained the same, the DQ point system was not touched.

So now we're being told we're going to have a system that was placed here to counter China's problems and that has become integral for us... is being removed. And we weren't even given a heads up.

Can you do me a favor and at least imaging shoving your bosses off a cliff for this manner of stupidity? And especially since we have absolutely NO idea at all what, if anything, will be set up to replace this system. So for all we know the players are getting screwed for no good reason with no warning and nothing we can do.... which I suppose is starting to become "just another Tuesday" for us. And yes, that's an absolutely horrendous thing.

.... Pardon me for being frank but, so what if the items themselves aren't being removed? Honestly that's more of an insult than anything else because now mobs from level 1 til the lower 80s will be dropping completely useless items that aren't even worth picking up. NPCing them for coin? It's 1 coin. Who cares? People already barely touch mob coin drops as is and having items drop worth 1 coin is going to just disgust people even more. Doing Dragon Quests? Almost nobody does those anymore. PWI shafted players in that regards long ago when they stuffed the DQ horses in the botique. And while the level 60 interval stuff from dragon quests are nice, they aren't worth the bother for most. Especially since now all you're doing is burning coin if you attempt to get them. Badges of wisdom for the weapons of the sages? Easier to obtain via a low level alt anyways and not many care about those (now outdated) weapons anyways. The only mild use they have is to let players expand their bank early on... which winds up being easily overshadowed by the fact that they'd want to use a super safe stone anyways for the best investment!

Saying that the items will still be there is, honestly, about as comforting, and useful, as telling someone they're going to die from a gunshot wound but at least it's not raining outside.

And once again, I request you at least imagine shoving your bosses off a cliff for this kind of nonsense. Something like this sort of blog post should have come FIRST! No ifs, ands, or buts! The very first thing that should have been done was inform your customers about this massive change and the reasoning for it! Instead we are, as usual, left to find out unpleasantly on our own. Then only given fleeting bits of information after the fact! This sort of practice is exactly the reason why so many are dissuaded from any titles with PWE's name involved.

You should have learned by the time you were a seven year old that being the one to give mommy and daddy the good (or bad) news first made a HUGE difference compared to having them find out on their own. Yet here is this company going and **** up as basic a principle as that with this. And it really seems like whoever made the decision either expected us to either not notice or not react. Absolutely stupid and disgusting is what it is. And while I am aware you aren't directly at fault and apologize for making you have to sift through this, your bosses should know better by now and someone needs to go beat some sense into them about this sort of thing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Lenaura - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Lenaura, it was in the patch notes, so it's not like we weren't told until geno's reply in this thread. However, for such an impending change as this, it would have been smart of whomever is responsible for posting blogs, to have posted it before maintenance even began last night, not for us to wait until patch notes are published to find out.

The original patch notes did not have anything about the dq points being removed. Someone stated in another post that it was added to the patch notes AFTER someone started asking questions on the forums. The mod confirmed it also.
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    The original patch notes did not have anything about the dq points being removed. Someone stated in another post that it was added to the patch notes AFTER someone started asking questions on the forums. The mod confirmed it also.

In all fairness, our admins normally don't know what is coming from China until it gets here and players figure out the contents.

It is like this... Imagine:

China sends PWE a bucket of ****. PWE tells the playerbase that a new bucket of **** has arrived. The playerbase looks at the poo and posts what they have found on forum.
    Player 1, I think I see corn
    Player 2, That has to be a carrot
    Player 3, I hope to god that is rice...

Admin posts: Our new update is filled with corn, carrots and rice... enjoy.

That's how it works... and the DQ situation still sucks. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenaura - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Regardless. The change will impact alot of people who rely on the demon/sage cards for charms, teleport stones, teishas etc. Unless they keep it in or make another way to get dq points then the game is screwed. I think its ironic that they take it out and have charms on sale.

whats next? Jones blessing, herbs/mats removed?