Options
1235»

Comments

• Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    demxhunter wrote: »
    the only people def levels can benfit is a barb or a seeker. A barb with 30k hp+shell+def levels is extremely hard to kill, but every 1 else does not have a def like a barb. Why waste time trying to raise defense...new shards can make some 200+ attack level

So not true, defense levels only benefits every class, not just barb and seeker. Also BM can surpass defenses than a barb with marrows + bell, and of course veno gets more p.def gain in than barb does proven by HA gear.

Want some proof?
    (level 10 fox form) Physical defense increases by 120% (definitely equipment value). Sage version gets an extra 30%.
    (level 10 shapeshifting intensity) Equipment gives 60% extra physical defense in tiger form. Sage version gets doubled which is another 60%.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    demxhunter wrote: »
    the only people def levels can benfit is a barb or a seeker. A barb with 30k hp+shell+def levels is extremely hard to kill, but every 1 else does not have a def like a barb. Why waste time trying to raise defense...new shards can make some 200+ attack level

I think any class that is support/debuff should go JOSD, no sense getting ***** from range and dying before you can do anything. So BM, mystic, cleric, veno.

Some classes don't need more attack levels to kill you. Say wizard...undine spark, if you pull it off, can put people near 0 fire def. Then your target can take like 300% more damage. A lot of JOSD wizards are dangerous because they have the bulk to get in range to do that to you. If no JOSD, one purge from an archer they would be taking 8k-10k crits from range.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I think any class that is support/debuff should go JOSD, no sense getting ***** from range and dying before you can do anything. So BM, mystic, cleric, veno.

Some classes don't need more attack levels to kill you. Say wizard...undine spark, if you pull it off, can put people near 0 fire def. Then your target can take like 300% more damage. A lot of JOSD wizards are dangerous because they have the bulk to get in range to do that to you. If no JOSD, one purge from an archer they would be taking 8k-10k crits from range.

People really should bother with either math or third party programs/sites. JoSD sharding is the one that gets facked the hardest by purge as base defenses get killed. Simplest way to understand the concept is discounting defenses completely and just thinking bout the hp and defense levels and how purge affects it. JoSD requires high refines to be the best shard (Least +11 armors) as it basically increases your defenses by making you take less damage. The more hp you got, the more powerful that is.

With purge you lose bout 25% of your max hp and it really affects hard on how good JoSD are in the situation. Add STA into the mix and we are talking over 40% cut on your max hp, compared to fully buffed. Yes, JoSD will always make you take less damage than say vit stone sharding but if you dont have base health/defenses to boost, they really dont do that much.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    People really should bother with either math or third party programs/sites. JoSD sharding is the one that gets facked the hardest by purge as base defenses get killed. Simplest way to understand the concept is discounting defenses completely and just thinking bout the hp and defense levels and how purge affects it. JoSD requires high refines to be the best shard (Least +11 armors) as it basically increases your defenses by making you take less damage. The more hp you got, the more powerful that is.

With purge you lose bout 25% of your max hp and it really affects hard on how good JoSD are in the situation. Add STA into the mix and we are talking over 40% cut on your max hp, compared to fully buffed. Yes, JoSD will always make you take less damage than say vit stone sharding but if you dont have base health/defenses to boost, they really dont do that much.

You have it backwards

JOSD's = best shard when purged/ok buffed/terrible debuffed

Vit/HP = best at low refinement/ok buffed/terrible debuffed

Def/mag def = best buffed/horrible purged/best debuffed
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

As opposed to JOSA? Just read man...Anyways, that cutoff between JOSD and vit stone was like 10k hp or something, and did you really think endgame robes have less? Even unbuffed? You're looking more at 15k hp here.

While it's true that the more atk lv the opponent have, the better standing vit stones are compared to JOSD, (there's a certain cutoff for that as well) but all I'm saying is that a lot of classes have no business going JOSA if they have JOSD already. Like I said before though, JOSA is for those who wants to kill (and be killed by) JOSD users.

Right now, looking at 130 atk lv opponent (typical non-BS class excluding sin/psy/whatever) vs your base 50 (say with R93 set, cube neck, r9 ring, O'Malley's), endgame robes are better off with JOSD than vit stones, and that is because of how fat R93 makes them already.

If you get into other classes, LA having 18k unbuffed hp atm with maxed gear and heavies with I-don't-even-know, you'd go for JOSD unless you are fighting 200+ atk lv sins 24/7.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • MagicChu - Sanctuary
    MagicChu - Sanctuary Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    *snuck into the convo* b:surrender

If you are a range attacker just become a purist. Go for the highest attack damage you can dish out like a sniper. You wait till they are all occupied and sneak into the fight with apoth and genie, deliver your attack, and then run for it. Who cares about survivability as long as you change how you play to fit your stats. If someone go full attack stat and expect to survive playing like a bm/barb, then they'd be loony and deserved to be one shot by everyone and their npc pet.

If you play like a bm/barb and just enjoy jumping into the middle of a big group of hot and sweaty men then feel free to shard yourself with JOSD or vit stones. You'd might be able to come out alive with some sensation left in that behind. b:chuckle
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Assasin_ - Harshlands
    Assasin_ - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    i vote no. people are already OP, game is already unbalanced and to add +2 attack levels makes the game pointless to even play.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    i vote no. people are already OP, game is already unbalanced and to add +2 attack levels makes the game pointless to even play.
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

Assasin_ - Harshlands replied to a message that was 6 months 3 hours 53 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• NottLie - Dreamweaver
    NottLie - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    So...in the end is this shades on game or not? Never saw anyone with it or i just can't remember lol...i still think JOSD are the best
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    So...in the end is this shades on game or not? Never saw anyone with it or i just can't remember lol...i still think JOSD are the best

Some ppl have full deity builds already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

Assasin_ - Harshlands replied to a message that was 6 months 3 hours 53 minutes old.

What a sad case of a thread necro.

This still has some flesh on it and has not fully decomposed, unlike yesterdays resurrected close beta. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=23961&page=2

But I'll be good today and not dig deep into the crypts of PWI forums.
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Some ppl have full deity builds already.

One of the sins in our faction has full or nearly full deity.
    He was linking his armor in faction yesterday, the first day back after his two week ban.
    He said he got 30 orbs and was showing off all his +10s.

And this was a major game change discussion and revisiting it after six months to see if the doom sayers were right or wrong isn't really a necro.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    cash shopper? I saw a lot of the different type of ban's varied more on if they cash shopped or not

Kept refines? LOL I am not surprised at all
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz