+2 Attack Level Shard Discussion

Options

Comments

• Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Currently, as R9 3rd cast +10 with 1 jade, it takes an R9 3rd cast +12 an average of 3 shots to kill me if I am uncharmed / unbuffed...
    I stand a chance now but... to allow people to essentially equip a second Jones blessing...
    seems a little bit over the top to me.

So what you're saying is that a character with a maxed out weapon takes 3 hits to drop your unbuffed, uncharmed, non-max refined, **** sharded character? The offense and defense in your example are completely unbalanced and you're using that to justify your position that +2 att shards are too much? Try that scenario again when your defenses are at the same level as the offence.

There are several classes that when fully decked out, +12, JoSD, are all but unkillable 1v1 if charmed. +2 Att stones allow for JoSDs to be countered, something long over due. Also, it's not like the boost in Att levels comes without a cost. Every +2 Att stone they shard is also giving you +2 Att, since they give up a JoSD to do it.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    So what you're saying is that a character with a maxed out weapon takes 3 hits to drop your unbuffed, uncharmed, non-max refined, **** sharded character? The offense and defense in your example are completely unbalanced and you're using that to justify your position that +2 att shards are too much? Try that scenario again when your defenses are at the same level as the offence.

There are several classes that when fully decked out, +12, JoSD, are all but unkillable 1v1 if charmed. +2 Att stones allow for JoSDs to be countered, something long over due. Also, it's not like the boost in Att levels comes without a cost. Every +2 Att stone they shard is also giving you +2 Att, since they give up a JoSD to do it.

Would you name these classes?
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Seeker and Barb, most likely
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Well if its an agreed upon 1v1, then you could both log off before starting the fight. You lasted a long time, but I bet if he was purged he wouldn't last nearly as long. No video of the other fight so can't comment. But still, 1v1s are meant to be done self buffed imo. Buffs are only used to adjust gear differences pre-end game.

Hmm good point. I suppose its just cleric habit to buff people before I fight them or else fights end too quickly, but in his case I could make an exception lol.

About that pwcalc, only problem is that the helm/cape could be g15 for 5 more attack lvls. For people wondering about the 26 attack lvls added to blessing, he's using 26 slots for attack lvls, then adding another 26, simple enough. With 5 more attack lvls you'd get to 235.

Still, if anything, 235 is an underestimate. Seeker buff (3) ? New 10 attack lvl pills? Attack lvl buff from using sage ravaging slash (10)?. 235+3+10+10 = 258, frenzy = 278... am I missing anything?

Drakeflames really are better than +2 attack lvl gems though. Taking that into account, we get 231 base, and 274 as fairly realistically obtainable attack lvls. Though there is the new 8 attack lvls from the cape/helm thats coming out... 277 anyone?
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • ZooozOOo - Archosaur
    ZooozOOo - Archosaur Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    when i think of +2 atk shards 1st thing that come on my mined is tw n itz cata barbs...
    psy n wiz with +2atk shards will bring down cata even faster this might actualy turn out to be a mess
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

If we are talking about pure 1v1 R999+12 JoSD with equally skilled players Archers can only kill other Archers and maybe Psychic / Mystic. Veno is probably pushing it too far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • XXOGCaliXx - Heavens Tear
    XXOGCaliXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    If we are talking about pure 1v1 R999+12 JoSD with equally skilled players Archers can only kill other Archers and maybe Psychic / Mystic. Veno is probably pushing it too far.
    Ignorant statement made by an archer who clearly has trouble pking.
  • OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary
    OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Assuming DOTs would become 50mill after the update and it takes 3 DOTs to make +2 GEM, it will be 150mill per gem. On Sanctuary PK is dead, there are some rich people who PK and when these attack level gems come out not everyone would be able to afford it, the people who do afford it will probably be +12 refines with NW ring and tome and stuff.. This will make PK even more dead and unbalanced imo. The game is unbalanced as it is with these shards out it will make it easier for super end game people to 1 shot non super end game people (r999+10s).

Rather than making PvP more active by lowering charm cost to 1 gold and making GS for 1 token of luck they make this and kill PK even more. b:bye
  • XXOGCaliXx - Heavens Tear
    XXOGCaliXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Assuming DOTs would become 50mill after the update and it takes 3 DOTs to make +2 GEM, it will be 150mill per gem. On Sanctuary PK is dead, there are some rich people who PK and when these attack level gems come out not everyone would be able to afford it, the people who do afford it will probably be +12 refines with NW ring and tome and stuff.. This will make PK even more dead and unbalanced imo. The game is unbalanced as it is with these shards out it will make it easier for super end game people to 1 shot non super end game people (r999+10s).

Rather than making PvP more active by lowering charm cost to 1 gold and making GS for 1 token of luck they make this and kill PK even more. b:bye
    They don't want balanced pvp, they want money, and they will get a large amount by forcing all decent gear to be cs only. Smart move, as this game will always appeal to a type of person that wants all the advantage money can buy.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Some of you people are a sorry waste of time. Anyone who still thinks archers hit hard at endgame have **** gear. That's it.

Asterelle, with all her gear, hits about 10k on my alt cleric with 2.7k pdef.

(about 29k base damage)

It only goes down from there. 12k pdef? ~4k

100 def levels? hit 2.1k

Let's just assume an endgame robe is purged, 6k pdef? hit 3.6k

Sure with 2 crits you can charm bypass at 50%, but you better hold tight til you Purge.

Welcome to endgame.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    well if its anything, from the PWJP site theres 2 options available from that JOSD picture,
    1) Transform
    2) Exchange

so for those that already have a josd, theyll prolly only have to pay the extra transfer cost >.>

might have been mentioned but i figured its buried by now...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Yeah, sure archers may suck 1v1 now, but the +2 attack isn't an archer only thing. If archers get an easier time killing others, they'll get wrecked even harder 1v1 by every other class, lol.

In mass pk though, it's a whole different story. You can effortless DD people to death from 32m away while melees take all the damage.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Options
    The point is, endgame defenses have far out stretched endgame offensive potential. You can only refine a weapon so high, but people can shard and refine 6 pieces of gear for defense, more if you count the ornaments. This affects some classes more than others, namely certain classes that don't have significant amps or high skill damage.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • moxiaoqiuqiu
    moxiaoqiuqiu Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    BTW defence lvl +3 shard will come with attack lvl+2. if u people want to tank attacj lvl+2 just shard the defence lvl+3. and without high base defence for example a psychic with 7k base defence selfbuffed in white voodoo or a seeker with 7k magic defence with 160 defence lvl. I can still 1 shot them without spark or defence lvl debuff. however if their buffed with that much defence lvl damage will change so big unless i can manage to debuff them so good. So the attack lvl+2 gem actually has more ratio about ability and price. because its cheap and overpower. but im sure defence lvl +3 shard is better but look at the price. do u think its worth it.b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    BTW defence lvl +3 shard will come with attack lvl+2.

+3 shards were cut. PWCN doesn't have them. They aren't coming here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Options
    No that only applies for archers. Sins for example, can kill people many refines higher than them easily. If sins wreck archers now, they're gonna get 1 shot by knife throw after this.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• FishyFret - Dreamweaver
    FishyFret - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Thoughts? Need more content/revamping to match current gear. f:kneel
    f:strive I want deaths, many many deaths with a challenge.

+2 is ridiculous, yes ~/o/
    FishyFret ~ Once 102 now Rebirthanated AA/LA Demon Cleric
    Chayyliel ~ Once 101 now Rebirthanated Sage Seeker
    f:cool
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    My archer is already full JoSD 3rd cast.

My Barb is decent G 15, with R8.

My sin is full DoT build right now APS gear with G 16 weapon.

If these + 2 attack level comes though, I'm going to enjoy 1 shotting people on my sin and buy full 3rd cast.
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I guess we will have to hear from players that are full JOSD to see if they are concerned about players that are already full DoT build hitting them with an extra 24 attk levels.
    Well it would be an extra 48 att levels if they have any other shards like me (HP ones).
    b:pleased
  • moxiaoqiuqiu
    moxiaoqiuqiu Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    +3 shards were cut. PWCN doesn't have them. They aren't coming here.

i logged on china server 2 weeks ago and pretty sure they have +3 defence劲岳之石available at 合成大师。 and if pwi release +2 shard without improve +3 defence then i say pwi is dumb.
  • evilsmakers
    evilsmakers Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I think its better to consider The majority of ppl gear rather than consider those OP ones And the majority are 1-3 Shots and maby after +10 will be better but now with +2 ATK lvl it will be even worst do we need +12 to survive or at least fight well aginist those ?
    Not all use RL money so it will be nice from pwi to keep this in mind
    cX8xmAu.png

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    The GG
    Enjoy!​​
    PaiiiiN~
  • _Mictian_ - Archosaur
    _Mictian_ - Archosaur Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    i really hope PWI will do something to counter the huge unbalance now between attack and defense levels @ endgame gear

what i am asking is if did you really try this on a test server?

r9r3 sins are already able to 1-2shot any other r9r3 class, what the **** now? they can reach 210 attack levels?!

+1 to who said +3 def levels MUST BE INTRODUCED ALONG WITH JOA

r9r3 already extremely unbalanced attack and def levels, this new shards are GAME BREAKING

any r9r3 is already able to overkill another r9r3, with this shards the pvp will just be "1-2 shotted after IG"
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    i really hope PWI will do something to counter the huge unbalance now between attack and defense levels @ endgame gear

what i am asking is if did you really try this on a test server?

r9r3 sins are already able to 1-2shot any other r9r3 class, what the **** now? they can reach 210 attack levels?!

+1 to who said +3 def levels MUST BE INTRODUCED ALONG WITH JOA

r9r3 already extremely unbalanced attack and def levels, this new shards are GAME BREAKING

any r9r3 is already able to overkill another r9r3, with this shards the pvp will just be "1-2 shotted after IG"

You really have no idea what you are talking bout. Attack level sharding is idiotic, plain and simple. I can beat ace with his DoTs, other maxed out archers like choc, rubber or Kat with JoSD I cant even really touch. Granted I can prolly give Kat a run for her money, then again she has really only played her archer for bout 1 month with the gear she has atm aka no real PvP experience playing archer. And she only has her r999 maxed out, still missing some NW gear.

Yes, 2 attack level shard will increase damage output slightly but we are already at the point on endgame gear where gain from more attack levels really is sorta meh. Sharding attack levels makes you killable to players several gear tiers below you and for what? Tiny increase in damage?

As for sins 1-2 shotting other full R999 toons? Thats bs, secret is full R999, DoTs, +12 daggers and sage. He hits hard but not that hard and he is still beatable, popped on me twice last night, I won the first one and he got me the 2nd time as I wasnt even selfbuffed that time. And we are talking bout a sin with aps gear so my toons defenses arent even in the same ballpark with the real OP ones. Then again my sin is only a farming toon I PvP with while I am busy farming the gear for the toon I want to play with.

I will have to see how expensive the shards will be, I was gonna DoT my chest piece as full +10 seems to offer more than enough defenses for current endgame instances and slight increase in damage might cut some spark cycles off my farming. And I only have bout 400m worth of **** in mind for next 2x farming, if its a week I can count to farm another 200-300m on top of that. But I refuse to pay anything **** for them, even if I had the coin <.<.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • ZooozOOo - Archosaur
    edited June 2013
    Options
    You really have no idea what you are talking bout. Attack level sharding is idiotic, plain and simple. I can beat ace with his DoTs, other maxed out archers like choc, rubber or Kat with JoSD I cant even really touch. Granted I can prolly give Kat a run for her money, then again she has really only played her archer for bout 1 month with the gear she has atm aka no real PvP experience playing archer. And she only has her r999 maxed out, still missing some NW gear.

Yes, 2 attack level shard will increase damage output slightly but we are already at the point on endgame gear where gain from more attack levels really is sorta meh. Sharding attack levels makes you killable to players several gear tiers below you and for what? Tiny increase in damage?

As for sins 1-2 shotting other full R999 toons? Thats bs, secret is full R999, DoTs, +12 daggers and sage. He hits hard but not that hard and he is still beatable, popped on me twice last night, I won the first one and he got me the 2nd time as I wasnt even selfbuffed that time. And we are talking bout a sin with aps gear so my toons defenses arent even in the same ballpark with the real OP ones. Then again my sin is only a farming toon I PvP with while I am busy farming the gear for the toon I want to play with.

I will have to see how expensive the shards will be, I was gonna DoT my chest piece as full +10 seems to offer more than enough defenses for current endgame instances and slight increase in damage might cut some spark cycles off my farming. And I only have bout 400m worth of **** in mind for next 2x farming, if its a week I can count to farm another 200-300m on top of that. But I refuse to pay anything **** for them, even if I had the coin <.<.

did u 1v1 secret n ace ? b:question
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    did u 1v1 secret n ace ? b:question

There is such a thing as in-game mail to ask people such questions or even forum private messages.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • ZooozOOo - Archosaur
    edited June 2013
    Options
    There is such a thing as in-game mail to ask people such questions or even forum private messages.

related question so i dont think i need to go private since many thinks atk gems r **** when they r not b:laugh
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Attack level sharding is idiotic, plain and simple.

yeah and flawless citrine sharding is idiotic compared to cintrine gem sharding
    you only purge once #yopo
  • _Mictian_ - Archosaur
    _Mictian_ - Archosaur Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

rofl no you have no idea what you are talking about

dunno which kind of pvp experiences you had but they do not face reality

a full +12 clean r9r3 can tank some hits from another clean r9r3+12, especially after nw gear introduction

a full +12 r9r3 with 48 more attack levels can tank that few hits while hugely outdamaging a full josd +12 r9r3

also prolly you dont have in mind the mass pvp scenario that is actually the whole PWI game.... call me when you get IG barraged from a full JoSA +12 r9r3 archer, or when you'll get 30k+ knife throws
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Options
    "Hugely damaging" against what?

JOSD vs JOSA, you're on even grounds, because each would have 78 attack levels over the other. You'd receive similar damage.

For someone with no defense levels, the increase is 20%.
    (2.3 multiplier vs 2.78)

On the other hand, for full endgame with JOSD, the increase is more like 37%.

This affects endgame vs endgame more than it does anything else.
  • neptunuspt1
    neptunuspt1 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    guys almost u all are talking about endgames gears, josd vs atk+2. but that inst real problem here, if u see inquiry, he have much less ppl who want that atk+2 on game. why because 80/90% of ppl cant get that. and we will have more diference between ppl. in ea server u know who are boss or better than other because his endgame gears. full josd +12 or others set(full vita +12). now think with this new gems

will give my exemple. archer full3r9+10: 1 sin full dot kill me with 1 hit. now think about ppl who dont have possiblite to get 3r9, or some1 3r9 who cant get josd/atk +2

then with this new pwi implement only rich ppl will have pleasure playing this game.