• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    can GM ruin game??
    Answer is YES.... why?
    because that will bring more diference between ppl
    we will see 1 op barb die with 1 hit, and that say all about that new gems

So stupid indeed. GMs don't program the game.

And meh, it's screwed either way. Insane attack level creates even more imbalance but if you introduce +2 def level too, you'll just get even more ridiculous. Whatever is done with that will just produce ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • _Mictian_ - Archosaur
    _Mictian_ - Archosaur Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    my undine fistgush is already enough to 1shot full josd LA and i dont even have a single DoT piece in my gear

wonder when i ll have those new cape and helmets (8 atk lvl set bonus) sharded in full +2 atk (more 16 atk lvl bonus) for smexy 24 atk lvl more with a loss of 16 def levels from old matchless+g16 hat
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Not even the JOSD was a good idea, added attack (and defense) levels from shards (and gear) further ruins the game, this will pretty much make people with pre-G14 gear easy one shots in NW, there are no 30 def level blessings to counter balance jones blessing. This will make PVE become even faster. If the devs will add those shards, they should add 30 defense level blessings too then.

I have no idea why the devs would even try putting shards and gear for defense/attack levels in the first place instead of updating the current skills (ironguard, stone shield, strength of the titans and so on for attack and defense levels)
    Sage barb in progress.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I have no idea why the devs would even try putting shards and gear for defense/attack levels in the first place instead of updating the current skills (ironguard, stone shield, strength of the titans and so on for attack and defense levels)

really? hint: it's green and made of paper
    you only purge once #yopo
    edited June 2013
    Options
    really? hint: it's green and made of paper

Yes really, it's absolutely dumb. I would rather use those buffs for attack and defense levels than have gear to put attack and defense levels, sins and psys have it (those are self buffs though) and it makes a lot more sense. However with the gear, we have too much attack and defense levels anyway.

I'd vote to remove DOT, DOD, and JOSD altogether and forget about the new (jade of steady attack level?)
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Venushin - Harshlands
    Venushin - Harshlands Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Maybe Jone's Blessing should be removed. I always wanted that b:chuckle
    "He who laughs last... is lagged!"
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Maybe Jone's Blessing should be removed. I always wanted that b:chuckle

Either that...
    Or add 30 defense level blessings f:sweat
    Sage barb in progress.
  • XXOGCaliXx - Heavens Tear
    XXOGCaliXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    The new attack shards will mean a greater distance between those that can cs and those that cannot. Farming 3 bil will take a year for most (yes i know some of u watch a screen all day merchanters will be fine), but the heave csr's will just swipe to win. This game will be come less about skill and more about rl money, which is what pwi wants, because they are a business and want money. If you cannot heavily cash shop and enjoy competitive pvp i would recommend playing a different game with balanced pvp (i wont name names but they are out there and i play one, well worth the 40$ one time payment). This poll i suspect will reflect almost everyone's feelings on the shards, but will pwi change their minds on them? rofl we know the answer already. For many of us a clean break might be just what we need, so i think on to bigger and better games for me.

/
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    kinda makes the seeker into as useless BM >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I don't like this idea of +2 attack shards. R9-3 already has a lot of attack levels. It's very unfair that the only way to counter the attack level will be with josd.

Those +2 attack level gems will make seekers op. Seekers will have a ridiculous attack level while keeping great defenses. They are gonna be one shotting everyone now.
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I don't like this idea of +2 attack shards. R9-3 already has a lot of attack levels. It's very unfair that the only way to counter the attack level will be with josd.

Those +2 attack level gems will make seekers op. Seekers will have a ridiculous attack level while keeping great defenses. They are gonna be one shotting everyone now.
    only if they decide to shard those instead. And if they do, it just makes their defense gap bigger against the other DD like +2 sharded archers/OP aps sins (if they catch you) As someone whos a josd seeker, i really dont know if id like to choose becoming a seeker version glass cannon (yes just 70 def lv is low)
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    On the other hand, mayhaps TT 3-3 with BM/sin/Sage veno for 9 second Emperor kill o.0?

That is already possible
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I'd vote to remove DOT, DOD, and JOSD altogether and forget about the new (jade of steady attack level?)

I will be expecting your payment not only for the loss of my DoT's in my PVE(200m) gear plus more payment on top of that because of extra farming time added from the loss of damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arawin - Raging Tide
    Arawin - Raging Tide Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    PWE will do as they please, of course.

Though I too believe 1 shots are already too common... and adding more attack levels will just make it worse. =(
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    PWE will do as they please, of course.

Though I too believe 1 shots are already too common... and adding more attack levels will just make it worse. =(

At high gear levels 1v1s can easily last 30mins+ (unless one is wiz/seeker).

It's silly to have people complaining this would make it easier for OP people to kill low geared. R999 already does that easily. If OP people take out their JoSDs this will make much squishier to low geared users.

Similarly it won't have a pronounced effect on PVE since mobs already have 0 defense level.

What these stones will have the biggest effect on is that it would let OP people kill other OP people more easily. It's a counter to unkillable JoSD users.

The only people who should be complaining are those who currently have full JoSD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Horugou - Raging Tide
    Horugou - Raging Tide Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Currently, as R9 3rd cast +10 with 1 jade, it takes an R9 3rd cast +12 an average of 3 shots to kill me if I am uncharmed / unbuffed...
    I stand a chance now but... to allow people to essentially equip a second Jones blessing...
    seems a little bit over the top to me.
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

It's silly to have people complaining this would make it easier for OP people to kill low geared. R999 already does that easily. If OP people take out their JoSDs this will make much squishier to low geared users.

Similarly it won't have a pronounced effect on PVE since mobs already have 0 defense level.

What these stones will have the biggest effect on is that it would let OP people kill other OP people more easily. It's a counter to unkillable JoSD users.

The only people who should be complaining are those who currently have full JoSD.

What about those people who have ordinary +50 hp shards, just little cit shards because they are saving up and farming for better shards, those people, are going to be used to wipe the floor with, even more than before, because I mean, In a 1v1 against someone who is full DoT build, I, myself cannot usually tank them long enough to be able to kill them usually, unless I get lucky, but then we DOUBLE the amount of attack lvls they have on their gear, and none of us "noobie sharders" will even stand a chance.

It's making the difference between those who can spend their life Farming/Merching/CS'ing and those who can't even bigger.
    I mean, It' a game, a game is meant to be fun, and spending 5-12+ hours a day farming or thousands of dollars, isn't my idea of fun.

I am well aware that this is already the case with PWI, but it's just continuing to increase... Soon, none of us will be able to afford to play any more. Getting face rolled by some over powered/geared PLvled noob, also ISN'T my Idea of fun.

If everyone could afford to shard JoSD/+2 attack lvl shards then I would support it. But that is not the case.
    PWI is losing it's spark, Just like the rest of the world, Money is power, even in a game... so sad.

/End Rant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Who cares about 1v1? And 30min+? I highly doubt most people's 1v1 will last 30min +. Even if it did, A lot of people from pwi play other MOBA (Multiplayer online battle arena, thats a genre, not a game) type games which typically last 30+ min each game. Mass pk is where it's at. Gonna have DDs soloing everything while melees die as soon as they're out of IG lol.

As you can tell, I don't support this update.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Yorlck - Archosaur
    Yorlck - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    No offense to Asterelle, but I have to agree with Zsw,
    I have only ever been in 1v1 of longer than 2-5 mins when my gear / skill
    matched my opponent... and even then, the longest I can remember was in the upper 20 minutes, and it was more than 1 match...
    In group pvp, an assassin having 220 attack levels is going to able
    to oneshot any cleric or caster that doesn't either have
    plume shell / apoth active, or has a defence charm up with simple a crit.
    No longer will they need zerks... a simple crit will be enough.
    You think I'm exaggerating with 220 attack levels?
    They can go up to +230:
    http://pwcalc.com/f4ee846376afd811
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited June 2013
    Options
    matched my opponent... and even then, the longest I can remember was in the upper 20 minutes, and it was more than 1 match...
    They can go up to +230:

so we are back to the sin crying again not general game play. the available increase in attack levels from +2 shards will increase everyone's damage that uses them. The last time I checked, the sin class is not the only class available to play and sure is not the highest dph char around.

If you had been talking about facerolling arma stomping barbs with 230 attack levels it might be different. You never know one day you might see everyone in a tw/nw map get one hit all at the same time by carefully placed armabarbs of the 3rd kind

Oh BTW you dont put DoT's in weapons, it is the equivalent of the +32 phy attack shard. You put garnets/drakes/acc(for barbs or hp) or magic att shards for casters. Putting a dot in a weapon is the single most waste of coins anyone can do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yorlck - Archosaur
    Yorlck - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I placed DoT in the gears and weapon as replacement for the 'yet to be available' +2 attack variant in PWCalc. If you check the blessing, I edited it to make up for them only adding 1 attack level, by adding 26 attack levels to it.
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

Some classes see larger increases in deadliness. The most scary increases will be people who already had full dots, but who will now hit much harder with no changes in playstyle.

Sins, who will be able to charm bypass even full jades users (currently r9rr sins do almost half hp with zerk crits on anything). Double spark, inner harmony, power dash, (stuff) will kill most people except barbs. From stealth, duh, hope you react in under 2 seconds.

Archers already using dots. Purge crits are 6-8k, and if we are looking at 7-9k instead, we are looking at charm bypassing archers. And I have FULL jades, you think one shotting wiz are scary, one shotting archers are scarier, they do lot more attacks and so can cycle between people faster. Hope you can react in under 1 second when you get purged while an archer has quickshot on you.

Wiz don't need more attack lvls, derp. Don't they one shot anything already that isn't arcane with spark debuff?

+2 attack lvl users in TW cycling ironguards on front lines and one shotting stuff lot more easily now.

Seems to me it made sense when you had to give up some considerable defense to go the full attack route. But now you actually kill full jades people as fast as they kill you, which means its an entirely viable build in 1vs1 situations, and ofc in group situations you aren't just a glass cannon anymore, you are a freakin glass rocketlauncher.

Don't really need the need for this, sure I'll adapt, but I don't have to like it at all. Just another change towards the 'who gets the crit first' type of fight, rather than having to tactically and strategically wear down an opponent in a fight.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I placed DoT in the gears and weapon as replacement for the 'yet to be available' +2 attack variant in PWCalc. If you check the blessing, I edited it to make up for them only adding 1 attack level, by adding 26 attack levels to it.

oh i can understand that, i just like to point out that fact when i see dot's in weapons. In your build listed in the link that char can gain around 1400 more damage by dropping dot's and putting in drakes. With casters it is even more of a spread seeing they have a lower multiplier @ 100 mag vs 150 for melee and archers. If that was a caster in your build instead of a sin that would be nearly a 8x multiplier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Who cares about 1v1? And 30min+? I highly doubt most people's 1v1 will last 30min +. Even if it did, A lot of people from pwi play other MOBA (Multiplayer online battle arena, thats a genre, not a game) type games which typically last 30+ min each game. Mass pk is where it's at. Gonna have DDs soloing everything while melees die as soon as they're out of IG lol.

As you can tell, I don't support this update.

Just a note, 1vs1 really can last upwards of 30 minutes, as my fights with merang&poka demonstrate. Just so you know.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

• Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Just a note, 1vs1 really can last upwards of 30 minutes, as my fights with merang&poka demonstrate. Just so you know.

You guys were fighting full buffed. Don't 1v1 full buffed endgame.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

edited June 2013
    Options
    They can go up to +230:
    the dagger attk lv is kinda iffy
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Options
    You guys were fighting full buffed. Don't 1v1 full buffed endgame.

Er well that wasn't be choice lol, somebody barb buffed him... anyways *I* was fighting self buffed after the first purge. And I still lasted a very long time. The video was sped up two times, the fight there was over 30 minutes. In a more recent fight where he had just cleric buffs, the fight was over 20 minutes (in his new belief genie).
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    In mass PvP when defense > offense, melees fare better; when offense > defense, ranged fare better. In 1v1 it'd just make the fights shorter. 30min fights do happen, especially when both opponents are fully buffed.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Options
    In mass PvP when defense > offense, melees fare better; when offense > defense, ranged fare better. In 1v1 it'd just make the fights shorter. 30min fights do happen, especially when both opponents are fully buffed.

Agreeing with Zsw here: this is another problem with more attack. Melee have a higher chance of dying before even getting a chance to lock down ranged dds now.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

• Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Er well that wasn't be choice lol, somebody barb buffed him... anyways *I* was fighting self buffed after the first purge. And I still lasted a very long time. The video was sped up two times, the fight there was over 30 minutes. In a more recent fight where he had just cleric buffs, the fight was over 20 minutes (in his new belief genie).

Well if its an agreed upon 1v1, then you could both log off before starting the fight. You lasted a long time, but I bet if he was purged he wouldn't last nearly as long. No video of the other fight so can't comment. But still, 1v1s are meant to be done self buffed imo. Buffs are only used to adjust gear differences pre-end game, and for mass pk, which is a whole different story. Since my gears suck, I go buffed. But if you're buffed with maxed end game gear, then technically you have the help of another class, which would of course prolong the fight.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin