+2 Attack Level Shard Discussion

Knownase - Heavens Tear
Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion
So it is now confirmed that +2 Attack Level Shards are coming in the content update, and I'm curious to everyone's reactions once this goes live.

Would the trend shift to Attack Level builds now for endgame?

Would it have significant impact on PvP or not?

What would be your personal pros and cons to this?

Any other thoughts you want to share about this?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
-Certified Barbarian Master-
-You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
-Master of Coffee-
Post edited by Knownase - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If the recipe is 3 DoTs, then we can say hello to 40-50m DoT prices when it comes out.

It'll make 1 shots happen more than they are now. :/
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes everyone is going to shift to those shards and yes they should never have been implemented.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Meh. b:surrender
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    48 more atk levels for a wizard with 130+?

Not really a HUGE jump in damage but yea

Not gonna be pretty to eat damage from that

On the other hand, mayhaps TT 3-3 with BM/sin/Sage veno for 9 second Emperor kill o.0?
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    48 more atk levels for a wizard with 130+?

Not really a HUGE jump in damage but yea

Not gonna be pretty to eat damage from that

On the other hand, mayhaps TT 3-3 with BM/sin/Sage veno for 9 second Emperor kill o.0?

Yea, I'm curious about the diminishing returns of having more attack levels. As for PvE, this is extreme broken, unless they make mobs stronger in the update, more specifically in the revamped FB99s.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • XEmpressX - Heavens Tear
    XEmpressX - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So it is now confirmed that +2 Attack Level Shards are coming in the content update, and I'm curious to everyone's reactions once this goes live.

Would the trend shift to Attack Level builds now for endgame?

Would it have significant impact on PvP or not?

What would be your personal pros and cons to this?

Any other thoughts you want to share about this?

I guess we will have to hear from players that are full JOSD to see if they are concerned about players that are already full DoT build hitting them with an extra 24 attk levels.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    o

Mobs with 100 def levels!

Or rather

Mobs that are the equivalent of players with more interesting unique skills.

Inb4stunlockedforeverbyBMmob

EDIT: I am concerned about this: if they make pve harder....what will the rest of us (i.e. the G15/G16/TT99/R8 Crowd and people without 130 atk levels and +12 weapon) do? **** like last boss in lunar is pretty harsh on a G11/G12/G13/ squad with low refines.

EDIT: not impossible but just majorly harsh. Also warsong; my +5 G15 bow hits mobs for 4-5K in metal when they self buff >.> pve is not easy for me yet
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Kharybdis - Harshlands
    Kharybdis - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can kill JOSD targets just fine now with only +1 atk level shards. Don't need any further atk boosts. Especially not with r9rr and **** like Jones Blessings around.
  • Grindata_ - Heavens Tear
    Grindata_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    what we need is not more attack but we need barbs to not b 1shots. a barb with 19k-25k hp should not b a 1 shot to ne1, mages and eas r too op in pvp as is they do not need a boost.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Don't see how EAs 1 shot barbs.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They are broken, but heck what isn`t, at least will combat the JosD`s!
  • nixop
    nixop Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    how much is gonna be max attack level on sage sins with frenzy and chill of deep?

i already smell lot of casters QQ,not even purify can save from this
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd be more worried if +3 Def shards come out... The prices will be stupid.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As a bm... I die anyway so....

I don't like these shards.
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm not particularly impressed, but I doubt I'll notice much difference being 2 shot by an archer with +1 or +2 gems, dead is dead, the rest is overkill.
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    atk lvl overated
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Uh huh...

178/130 = 1.36

178/154 = 15.5

Stacking attack levels on full R999 is underwhelming.

Nice boost for interval sets though and it hoses seekers pretty hard/boosts psy's
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Onatop - Lost City
    Onatop - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    U can't 1 shot anyone if u GOT NO MP YO
    Find the solution to Laplace's equation at X=2, Y =3, OR bend over b:cry
  • phoenixwar
    phoenixwar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bet it will cost 100 USD per shard
  • Reactionist - Dreamweaver
    Reactionist - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As it stands we already have enough attack levels with a severe lack of ability to gain defence levels. I do not welcome this change at all. Please reconsider them.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I guess we will have to hear from players that are full JOSD to see if they are concerned about players that are already full DoT build hitting them with an extra 24 attk levels.

the answer is : no, we are not concerned. and keep in mind that those with attack lvl shards die rather fast due to a giant lack of survivalbility :)
    but im looking forward to put those shards into my possible r8 recast intervall armor (on sin)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I voted "unsure" because I don't know how it will affect gameplay and PvP overall but I am suspecting that it won't change much.

It might make DoT builds more reasonable but 1shots will remain 1shots regardless so it doesn't change anything for them. At least that's how I see it. The best thing we can do and wait and see I suppose o.o
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wait until you see white voodoo psy with high attk lvl and black voodoo psy with +200 attk lvl. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the answer is : no, we are not concerned. and keep in mind that those with attack lvl shards die rather fast due to a giant lack of survivalbility :)
    but im looking forward to put those shards into my possible r8 recast intervall armor (on sin)

I have to agree with rank there. Those shardsa re not even really that much of a big deal in PvE due to the fact that the more attack level you got over the def levels of your opponent the less effective they get.

And seriously, any player with full DoT or +2 attack level shard in gear dies so extremely quick that he/she couldn't even kill someone, cept for tws where you just dish out aoes from a distance. In 1on1 those shards will be your death rather then they'll lead to a victory. They are absolutely no big thing tbh. They just make it slightly more considerable to use attack Level shards. But that's all.

PS: The only useful thing with those shards could be for the ppl that actually want def level and are still using jones blessing over O'Maillys. They could just switch to O'Maillys and put 2 attlvl shards into their gear instead of josd. That could save them some money because I assume that those attack level shards will be cheaper then josd.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Sister_Warui - Raging Tide
    Sister_Warui - Raging Tide Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    p
    Wait until you see white voodoo psy with high attk lvl and black voodoo psy with +200 attk lvl. b:laugh

no worries. Planning on it.
    Perfect Signature made by Silvy![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RandomSin: Horu your wife is a murderer.
    Horugou: I know, Isn't it great? :D
    Reroll closed thread because necros suck. -Kossy
  • Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    we'll hopefully as far as pve is concerned the revamps will mean effective atk lvls are either capped or boss/mobs are atk lvl null and only the slayer lvl's cause significant damage improvements as for pvp im unsune this could just be gimmicky marginal boost to damage at serious RL cost or game breaking either way it smells of a return to pwi mentality of lets try and milk all our income from 20% of our player base and give more cause for the non or casual CS'rs to leave game, after the promising start with sirens updates making respectable EG gears more readily farm-able thus improving hope of having a larger casual CS player base (i.e more ppl spending but not obscene amounts) and allowing for EG f2p if you have the time to put into the game this is kinda disappointing with all the new game's that keep coming out or older mmo's who are upping their game I'd rather like to see pwi at least make it look like their not trying to give us yet more reasons to go "re-roll" some ware else
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Another post jumping to conclusions and we haven't even seen what kind of content is going to be available. Your all comparing what we have now, to what we gonna be getting. None of us have a clue what they are adding. Every time PWI post some new content, or new sales the qq's start. People complained about R9s3 and Nirvis3 and how OP it is, and yet 75% of the people on PWI are R9s3 and Nirvis3. Complain about the shards now, half the people saying no will end up with them at some point anyway. Same ol same ol. I'll just wait and see or be the one selling the DOT's at 50m. Either way, it's a matter of waiting and seeing what we get in the update.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm content with my +75 attack level thanks.
  • neptunuspt1
    neptunuspt1 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    can GM ruin game??
    Answer is YES.... why?
    because that will bring more diference between ppl
    we will see 1 op barb die with 1 hit, and that say all about that new gems
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    maybe people will stop being "herp derp vit is so little hp herp derp must get all dmg from weapon and mag" brb restating the rest of my 100 mag points in vit
    you only purge once #yopo