Remove Purify Proc: Y/N. We had it coming!

Comments

• darknessofmy
    darknessofmy Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    unstop77 wrote: »
    APS SIN Era is OVER!!!

+1 f:grin
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    APS SIN Era is OVER!!!

I find it funny that people just realized it now.
    It was over a long time ago when full r9 gained the ability to tank aps sins without doing anything.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,880 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    gotta be fair i dont see the point in this thread...

All caster will say Keep it. any non casters will say get rid of this...
  • Hannsel - Dreamweaver
    Hannsel - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    But in sports, you still have to actually participate in the training and dieting. You still have to actually make an effort to win. You can't just expect to win just because you have money.

And someone with poor training can still outperform someone with better training. Natural talent, or the guy with better training was slacking off, or whatever.

Training just makes you more skilled. Your just gaining more skill. You can still become more skilled without the money.

It would be like someone paying you to teach them how to PvP for example. Except no one actually does that since they can pay for gears instead here.
    the poor guy can't reach the level of pro players, u can train your HS team all day but they wont be on par with NBA players. the same for g12/13 peeps vs g16/r9rr, the odds of beating a much geared opponent is very low just as the odds of beating a well funded sports team. idk why the r9rr is assumed to be unskilled compared to the lesser geared toon its not that hard to read your skills and think of decent-ish combos. i dont like how the server assumes the geared peeps are dummer than a sandwich.

p.s. you stll need skill vs comparable gear foes
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    heero200 wrote: »
    gotta be fair i dont see the point in this thread...

All caster will say Keep it. any non casters will say get rid of this...

I'm a caster and I think it's ridiculously OP. At least remove the speed buff effect and it might not be so easy for r9r3 casters to solo 20 v 1 wars.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    T_i_m - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Switch GoF with purify for a week. Or maybe purge, and purge yourself on SoV.
  • Azunai - Raging Tide
    Azunai - Raging Tide Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We have purify proc, melee got GoF, freagging archers got purge (wich seems to always proc on me, ask Tia).
    Why remove puri? cause you were used to kill casters that easy and now you need some effort? Puri doesn't even proc that much! I was able to pull lunar to hauntery queen without proccing. full pull and I didn't proc! wth!

Puri gives just much advantage as a 4x damage hit gives (crit+zerk), and same as purge does (or haven't you noticed some OPs only fall after a purge?) why pick on puri? cause you want to keep on killing casters easily? or you don't like the idea of a squishy caster running away from you just when he "puried" a stun lock + HF/3sparks/whatever?

Besides, any decent sin (just as Kastus), not to mention Skai (he actually chased me for some mins while I procced at last secs, result: I got killed) can 1 hit any caster with a zerk crit.

Remove Puri and remove spirit blackhole and GoF. Back to stone age!

lets make a poll:

How many of you casters got only the weap on R9rr mainly cause of the proc? I know I did, since I can't afford the chienks for my jades atm. hahahahaha
    Allow me to impress upon you the severe mistake you have made...
  • taringa181
    taringa181 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    APS SIN Era is OVER!!!

b****... you dont even know how many r9r3 arcanes i've facerolled with a standard r9 first cast +12 aps sin in nws... at a certain point i've even went into turtle form (telepath charm) and go wind shield aps and kill :D

imo aps sin is still viable... moreover if full +12, r8r plates, nirv arms hat, g13 lunar cape and full josd
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Voted the Change option.

Really, magic weapons should always have had procs. But they should've been reasonable procs, like most weapons. Toughen, Wisen, Enlighten, Holy, Distract, and Faith are procs that could benefit magic users as readily as physicals... then you could have Focus, Intuition, and magic versions of Sharpen, Revenge, Sac Strike, Gloom and Bless.

There was never any need for this crazy purify spell stuff. And for anyone who makes the argument that it balances against APS or R9... something being broken is not an excuse for breaking something else to match it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There was never any need for this crazy purify spell stuff. And for anyone who makes the argument that it balances against APS or R9... something being broken is not an excuse for breaking something else to match it.

Until they fix that **** as well, yes it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • ShaiFatali - Lost City
    ShaiFatali - Lost City Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There was a thread almost identical to this about archer purge and it was closed due to obvious troll, why is this one still open?
    A prima luce usque ad lucem

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vive, pugnare aut mori.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So where's the petition to fix it? All I see is rationalizations to keep the counter-breaking measure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There was a thread almost identical to this about archer purge and it was closed due to obvious troll, why is this one still open?

Because those were literally copied over from the op in this thread.
    A normal discussion should not be closed, copies of the thread where people just start bashing everything should.
  • Rubride - Lost City
    Rubride - Lost City Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Okay, so from what I'm understanding, ppl were complaining about sins and bms are allowed to control Nirvana and make a profit off of it, sins soloing FFC, and sins soloing instance bosses. Now ppl are complaining about casters' purify affecting NWs? Seems fair, right?
    Getting back onto PWI again. Should be fun XD

Rubride - Lv100 Sage Amp Veno (2nd Reborn)
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Don't complain! Complaining just brings updates which brings more glitches. b:laugh
    You will not like the PWE band-aid no matter how you slice it so leave it alone... but you know they won't.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So where's the petition to fix it? All I see is rationalizations to keep the counter-breaking measure.

There have been numerous threads over the years about how OP APS is and how OP sin/BM stunlock is. Are you really that blind?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Besides, any decent sin (just as Kastus), not to mention Skai (he actually chased me for some mins while I procced at last secs, result: I got killed) can 1 hit any caster with a zerk crit.

1 hit a caster? Either you were purged and debuffed or your gears aren't end game. You can't 1 hit end game casters otherwise.
    the poor guy can't reach the level of pro players, u can train your HS team all day but they wont be on par with NBA players. the same for g12/13 peeps vs g16/r9rr, the odds of beating a much geared opponent is very low just as the odds of beating a well funded sports team. idk why the r9rr is assumed to be unskilled compared to the lesser geared toon its not that hard to read your skills and think of decent-ish combos. i dont like how the server assumes the geared peeps are dummer than a sandwich.

p.s. you stll need skill vs comparable gear foes

There are billionaires of today who never finished university. You don't need need training to become good at something you do.

Idk much about sports so I won't go any further with the sports analogy, but I'm sure there are people who never trained and are still famous.

I'm not assuming r9rr is unskilled. I am r9rr myself and I can easily tank nirvy geared people. Depending on the situation, I can tank r9 too. I don't even have purify proc and I'm sharded with flawless citrines. At least right now, they got 30 seconds where they can go all out on me since tidal would be off. If I had purify, they can't even lock me down since purify proc has no cool down. How are they gonna kill me then?

APS is balanced. use your full r9rr gear, or just r9 gear even, and see how long it takes your average everyday aps person to kill you. Then see how fast you can kill them. If you're well geared, i.e. +11-+12, full vit stones/josd, they won't kill you at all and you'll 1-3 shot them. if they have crappy gears, i.e. G13 +5. You don't even need +11 and josd.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There have been numerous threads over the years about how OP APS is and how OP sin/BM stunlock is. Are you really that blind?

Most people only come to the forums to complaint or qq. While they have advantage they will be happy and keep on playing.

That's why in a way they are indeed blind and probably are not aware of what people used to complain.

Imo before coming to qq here, people should 1st gear up. After they do, we can talk again. f:farewell
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Undergeared or unskilled players always complaining about something. It's never their fault- it's always someone else's.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Most people only come to the forums to complaint or qq. While they have advantage they will be happy and keep on playing.

That's why in a way they are indeed blind and probably are not aware of what people used to complain.

You do have a point..

Either way, like I've already said just nerf/modify the Purify a little. Don't remove it. I think casters deserve to have a special effect on their weapons too.

There have been a few pretty nice suggestions on how to modify it to make it more balanced, too bad they are kinda lost in the thread by now.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Cody__Tylor - Heavens Tear
    Cody__Tylor - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You do have a point..

Either way, like I've already said just nerf/modify the Purify a little. Don't remove it. I think casters deserve to have a special effect on their weapons too.

There have been a few pretty nice suggestions on how to modify it to make it more balanced, too bad they are kinda lost in the thread by now.

Actually nobody deserves to have special effects on their weapons in the first place. Nobody deserves to have insane amounts of attack/defense levels on gear. Nobody deserves to get free blessings either.

Yet people still get those anyway, I am thinking that the devs would just make it even worse, and it is already too much enough to make people go to the next big implement after they are done with the current one. PWE is happy with the suckers still.
    This game is fail-proof unless you are dumber than a donkey. ...Too bad a lot of players fall into that exact category. ~maocchi

Level 81 HA/APS Fox, Level 75 VIT/defense tiger, Level 56 VIT/APS Seeker, Level 54 Dual sword BM, Level 36 assassin, Level 38 Archer, level 32 Priestess, level 41 Wizard on this account. HT~

LVL 24 Mystic~LC
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Actually nobody deserves to have special effects on their weapons in the first place. Nobody deserves to have insane amounts of attack/defense levels on gear. Nobody deserves to get free blessings either.

Yet people still get those anyway, I am thinking that the devs would just make it even worse, and it is already too much enough to make people go to the next big implement after they are done with the current one. PWE is happy with the suckers still.

So let's all roll back to npc gears, right?

Cody this is an mmo. All of them are very similar. You have to work a little or a lot for developing your character, and each different character will have something special. if you don't like it, then play a shooter. In a shooter all you need is your good aim, and that's it.
  • burningsweetfire
    burningsweetfire Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Cody this is an mmo. All of them are very similar. You have to work a little or a lot for developing your character, and each different character will have something special. if you don't like it, then play a shooter. In a shooter all you need is your good aim, and that's it.

+1

All the QQers, go play shooter games, it's all about skills and you can QQ your *** off if you die. b:laugh
  • Cody__Tylor - Heavens Tear
    Cody__Tylor - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Honestly Azura, nobody even needs "special" effects on gear, neither you need genies, it is not even necessary. It has nothing to do with "developing" your character, it makes the game only PVP competitive while PVE gets killed off. So you decide to use gear as your crutches, good for you. This game spoiled too many people, which is why I leaned to not liking this game anymore, it is too easy to play and everyone knows that. PVE is boring in this game with the gear nowadays and PVP is all about who has the biggest "skill" (more like most OP gear), skills are non-factors thanks to G15+ gear.

Call it a complaint, but there is no challenge anymore, completing dungeons takes less than 10 mins, everyone can 1-4 shot each other after debuffs. It may be fun to you but definitely not fun to me, mmos are boring.
    This game is fail-proof unless you are dumber than a donkey. ...Too bad a lot of players fall into that exact category. ~maocchi

Level 81 HA/APS Fox, Level 75 VIT/defense tiger, Level 56 VIT/APS Seeker, Level 54 Dual sword BM, Level 36 assassin, Level 38 Archer, level 32 Priestess, level 41 Wizard on this account. HT~

LVL 24 Mystic~LC
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Honestly Azura, nobody even needs "special" effects on gear, neither you need genies, it is not even necessary. It has nothing to do with "developing" your character, it makes the game only PVP competitive while PVE gets killed off. So you decide to use gear as your crutches, good for you. This game spoiled too many people, which is why I leaned to not liking this game anymore, it is too easy to play and everyone knows that. PVE is boring in this game with the gear nowadays and PVP is all about who has the biggest "skill" (more like most OP gear), skills are non-factors thanks to G15+ gear.

Call it a complaint, but there is no challenge anymore, completing dungeons takes less than 10 mins, everyone can 1-4 shot each other after debuffs. It may be fun to you but definitely not fun to me, mmos are boring.

Just working off your signature so correct me if I'm wrong: You have no end game characters.

As for genies, genies are just one extra thing to add to what you're paying attention to. You can cloud erupt every couple minutes or you can use it to increase survivability, amp damage, et cetera. The point remains though, utilizing a genie WELL requires skill.

Back to the matter at hand, saying no one "needs" the effects on gear. It's a game, no one needs the game. You don't even "need" your computer, billions of people live without them. If you want to complain about people having better stuff than you, you have a few options:
    1) farm
    2) cash shop
    3) merchant
    -all the above require at least some effort or time, either in game or irl unless you're rich already-
    4) go play hello kitty island adventure, this is what I would recommend for you since you apparently are against any difference in gear, and even CoD and BF make you earn guns.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Stop getting trolled by Yulk, people. b:surrender

And eh, I don't ahve much experience with the problem at hand because I don't PK besides the usual EU-timed TW, but removing the speed buff or adding a cooldown seems pretty fair to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Purify proc needs to be tweaked around. Having all 3 effects like that together is too strong.
    There shouldn't even be a discussion about it. Something like this is black and white.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Purify proc needs to be tweaked around. Having all 3 effects like that together is too strong.
    There shouldn't even be a discussion about it. Something like this is black and white.

That's racist.
  • darknessofmy
    darknessofmy Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    why not remove GoF and Purge BOW.
  • IWrathOfGod - Sanctuary
    IWrathOfGod - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    why not remove GoF and Purge BOW.

Exactly...

It saddens me that every time people face difficulties they always qq or rant about things they 'personally' are not fond of.

Earlier on, as an example, there was mentioning of a mage that lasted 20 v 1, due to purify proc. Now exchange that person with a full r999+12 JOSD Barb with vit engravings maxes on every ornament, s/he alone might even be able to last through or upon being ganked unleash a massive Arma with a GoF proc. Do we need to take away the proc from that too?

Or 1 v 1 where an Archer happens to purge you and here you are without your buffs and suddenly you're squishy.

''Hey! It's not fair! You have buffs and I don't now! qq, qq and more qq''

Why not remove Spirit Blackhole?

This game is based on skill, gear, luck (with procs) but people are forgetting what matters the most in this game... FUN. Sure, there's nothing wrong with some healthy competition but it has been taken so seriously where people humiliate each other or rage, qq, rant when they face someone they can't take down easily... sad to say it is human nature :/

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes you one shot someone, sometimes you get one shot yourself.

Casters have always been considered the 'weakest' (Don't get me wrong here what I'm about to say) since end-game LA and HA toons could take them down easily. As an Archer myself I don't think Purify should be changed, let them have it :3

Besides... if someone is that hard to take down with their buffs and purify proc; throw in a Veno, purge them, nuke them.

If we have to debate over every little thing I ask myself if this would still be a game then or a competition of what seems right and what doesn't. Now, I'm not saying you can't have an opinion, we are all entitled to one and believe what find right ourselves, but on the other hand if everything would be like we wanted it to be there would be no more challenge whatsoever.

Also, there are some negative status effects that cannot be purified, not even with the proc, so it's not like they're immortal or anything.

Lighten up sweeties :3
This discussion has been closed.