Disable hypers in frost, yes, no or LV restricted?

Options
1232425262729»

Comments

• ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    well, pwi is imo one of the mmo where u spend the most time to reach max lvl (by max i mean 100+, since 105 is even worse) even without FC.
    so yes, with new games coming out, with better graphics, where u can do high lvl content sooner, wont help to get new players in the game, and idk if u noticed but, less and less ppl playing.
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Whats the point getting into end game as fast as possible anyway without enjoying the lower lvl content?

Oh yeah, to buy gold and get end game gears....b:surrender
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Whats the point getting into end game as fast as possible anyway without enjoying the lower lvl content?

Oh yeah, to buy gold and get end game gears....b:surrender

Now be a good badger and get on that power creep gear treadmill... are you having fun yet? b:laugh Must chase the carrot... need that new Rank 9 gear... Oh I've got to get that Jade Steady of Dragon stone must drop 100/200 USD and open those boxes. They only come out of the box. b:laugh

Oh yeah, you can play for free? Efficiency much when you're pots have a long cool down time. Then all the free to play players are like "Oh its timing!". Efficiency and timing are two different things, charming isn't it?

Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    It would be nice not to have hyper babies anymore. I only found out about FC at about lvl 94, it didn't take me long to get to lvl 94, but still if i could do it old school anyone can. Its best to learn your class first before going to FC, the people who are the best players today are the ones who lvl'd old school though you do get your small population of hyper babies who actually can play. b:chuckle
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    leave hypers....no one likes doing those low lvl quests besides 90% of the people who said lvl restriction or no hyper....chances are they hypered 1-5 characters to lvl 100 from lvl 1 or 20 or low level. Before you can say no to hyper or level restriction how about you lvl an alt to level 80, just questing, even with pv and the new quests this would take time not to mention most of the fun things in this game is at lvl 100

The questing in pwi is slow...tedious and boring. No new player willl have fun flying around for eternity, back and forth talking to npcs

I voted against changing hypers, because I dont think the servers can afford to lose anyone right now, and I dont see hypers in FC and power-leveled chars as a major issue - its not the end of any game that not all its players are 'pro'.

Ive also done every Normal Quest that wasnt bugged, and everyone has to do their cultis to have a good char, no matter if they p-leveled their char or not. PWI made/released some fun new quests recently.

Bored in Arch? Take your turtle token from a quest, change form, and go holypathing around Arch with it! You might find yourself giggling like a school girl for no stateable reason.

You can have it all in an MMO! You can quest if you want. You can do dungeons if you want. You can role play if you want. You can just log in to stand around and talk if you want.

I think the best MMOs give the largest variety to attract and maintain the most players they can. If you take away anyone's form of fun, you will not be forcing them to play the way anyone personally thinks someone else should play. However, you could be making them not want to play this MMO anymore.

I can agree the game needs to continue with building on its quests, but I cant agree that effecting hypers in Forst is going to do anything to help get that done. It also wont force anyone to do those quests.
  • Nikitok - Raging Tide
    Nikitok - Raging Tide Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I have done some thinking about the benefits of level restriction for FC hypering and realised that it might bring some valuable changes to the whole game culture.

Easy levelling brings no value to the character which implicates high level of crime, abuse and offensive behaviour even between high level characters.

It’s like pollution, the sooner we stop the more chances we have to succeed.
    But less politics and let’s just all agree on one simple observation.

If you spent 2-3 years on your character, less likely you will do things that will get you blocked, shamed or banned than if you only spent 2-3 weeks. In the black list we have an option for screening players under certain level. I’m sure it’s there for a reason even though mine is set to (0)

I vote for level restriction in FC, but I would keep Oracles. It’s a pricy levelling and will do the same job as a hard levelling.
    [SIGPIC]C:\Documents and Settings\Nick\Desktop\pwi[/SIGPIC]
  • Xuela - Heavens Tear
    Xuela - Heavens Tear Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I say, lvl restricted. Its really easy to get 80 without going to FF all the time.
    We have quests to get there ^_^
    [SIGPIC]http://i60.tinypic.com/1zwygpv.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Linyela ~ Karma's pewpew Psy ❤

Forever here since 2009.
  • ugysekell
    ugysekell Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I just heard about this from my friend who still plays this game and we talk on FB quite often. I quitted PWI in 2011 because of power lvlers and because I wanted to lvl "normally" (with quests and BHs) but it was a pain to find party for these things because of power lvl. If they make hypers lvl restricted and stop (or at least slow) low lvl power lvling, I will definitely come back to play because this was one of my favourite MMOs and I miss the good old PWI from 2009. So... *fingers crossed*. c:
  • FAkeShi - Dreamweaver
    FAkeShi - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Absolutely restrict b:pleased
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Why won't they just frigging restrict FCC already! b:infuriated It's quite obvious that the majority of players would love to see this game RETURN TO IT'S FORMER GLORY!! (Somewhat)

I hope you're seeing this Val, and I hope to Pangu that the devs are taking note of what these people want... b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Why won't they just frigging restrict FCC already! b:infuriated It's quite obvious that the majority of players would love to see this game RETURN TO IT'S FORMER GLORY!! (Somewhat)

I hope you're seeing this Val, and I hope to Pangu that the devs are taking note of what these people want... b:angry

+1 tbh hypers as a whole ought to be restricted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    Llux - Sanctuary Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    With the questmaster, **** tons of new dailies, and even a total quest revamp a while back...I say restrict it and restrict it harshly. Leveling has gotten A LOT easier without involving a single FCC into the mix. *Points to three level 70+ alts* 50-60 used to be the worst, and I barely broke a sweat on my latest jog through those levels. Just a few days really.

Not to mention these new Dreamchaser packs are making the early levels a lot easier to survive and breeze through. Not to mention that EVERYONE has had the opportunity to nab two free dreamchasers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited April 2013
    Options
    It's quite obvious that the majority of players would love to see this game RETURN TO IT'S FORMER GLORY!! (Somewhat)

Former glory, eh? You mean people actually want to come back to 2007/08 and farm frost gear? I'll go ahead and assume you've never done it. It's depreciated anyway.

As for this thread, I vote no. It would be unfair for any new players(though, I doubt there are any). Anyone who leveled with hypers and fc previous to this proposed "fix" would have a ridiculous advantage over anyone who didn't get a chance.

"Hyper Babies" - this is a silly nickname thought up by other inexperienced players. You learn nothing leveling in pve, and all fresh level 100s lack experience. You cannot expect new people to know how to do things they've never done before. It is you people who cause the experience gap between newer and older players by never accepting them and teaching them the way it's meant to be done.

If you really want to re-balance this game, a new server would be required to do it. And by new, I mean an old server without all 09+ content.

b:bye
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options

*laughs* No, it should have been level-restricted a long time ago.
    I feel that it was the right time to do it was when the first reports of glitch abuse were known.

Ah rule-breakers, the more you complain you are bored in game because you have reached lv 100+ entirely too fast (and probably spent a ton of cash in the process), the more I grin.

Besides, if the devs did take note and took the right decisions at every corner, this game would be one of the best around on the MMORPG market, as in indubitably stellar and still extremely popular/crowded. But you've got to face the facts... it did not end that way.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    It would be nice not to have hyper babies anymore. I only found out about FC at about lvl 94, it didn't take me long to get to lvl 94, but still if i could do it old school anyone can. Its best to learn your class first before going to FC, the people who are the best players today are the ones who lvl'd old school though you do get your small population of hyper babies who actually can play. b:chuckle

The problem with this general arguement of hyper babies stated almost on a regular basis is there is absolutely no factual evidence to show who is a hyper baby or not right off the bat. I have run into players way before Pleveling became a craze and they were nubs, to this day they still play like a nub. Does this mean we should eliminate 'quest babies' toob:shutup?
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    The problem with this general arguement of hyper babies stated almost on a regular basis is there is absolutely no factual evidence to show who is a hyper baby or not right off the bat. I have run into players way before Pleveling became a craze and they were nubs, to this day they still play like a nub. Does this mean we should eliminate 'quest babies' toob:shutup?

In sum, levels mean nothing these days in this game.
    Thanks for stating what I've been feeling about this game for years now.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Will you guys please stop with the frost baby bullsht on both sides of this argument. The reasons they're ruining the game have nothing to do with player competence.

Players who are against pleveling and using this as an argument are just setting up a straw man for dipsh!ts to break down.

Go read some of my previous posts for the real reasons they should be removed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I disagree with pretty much everything in this post.
    prof wrote: »
    Former glory, eh? You mean people actually want to come back to 2007/08 and farm frost gear? I'll go ahead and assume you've never done it. It's depreciated anyway.

It's "deprecated" (condemned or removed from effect), not "depreciated" (reduced in value).

This is a strawman. No one has advocated this, though you've not established the horror that would be involved if farming frost gear were to return.
    As for this thread, I vote no. It would be unfair for any new players(though, I doubt there are any). Anyone who leveled with hypers and fc previous to this proposed "fix" would have a ridiculous advantage over anyone who didn't get a chance.

There's no "fairness" issue here. Most of us have had different opportunities, depending on when we started playing. Where is the fairness for those who leveled BEFORE hypering. It's a silly argument.
    "Hyper Babies" - this is a silly nickname thought up by other inexperienced players.

That assertion is a dumb ad hominem with no basis in fact.
    You learn nothing leveling in pve

This clearly identifies you as a pleveler. Of course you learn much in PvE. Those who skip it are the only ones who think otherwise. And how would they know?

But this points up a larger argument. Plevelers claim they know as much about playing their toons as do those who went through the experience of questing, playing and generally not being carried past the game. How could you POSSIBLY know that you know the things you've never experienced? You, of course, see your skill set as the ends of the universe. Those looking on from the outside, see the things you don't even know to look for. Those who have gone through the game, as it was intended, can recall specific things they learned from specific situations. How can someone who skipped through know what's out there?
    ... and all fresh level 100s lack experience. You cannot expect new people to know how to do things they've never done before. It is you people who cause the experience gap between newer and older players by never accepting them and teaching them the way it's meant to be done.

We DO teach players how things are done. We teach at level. Don't skip school and expect someone to give you all of the test answers at the end.

And, of course, no one is saying that brand new 100-level players should know all of the 100-level stuff. You knew that wasn't what we meant, didn't you? But they should know the things learned at level 75 and they should have improved themselves appropriately. A week ago, a level 98 BM asked me to help him do his 59 culti in the Valley of Disaster. [smh]

If you really want to re-balance this game, a new server would be required to do it. And by new, I mean an old server without all 09+ content.

Then everyone would simply race past to Nirvana, top out, get bored and quit. How will that help? Rebalancing isn't the issue. Stopping people from effectively starting the game at the high-end is the issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Options

Isolated anecdotes don't form a rule.

Sure there are bad players who quested and good players who didn't. The percentages of those are very small, compared to their opposites. There are WAY too many plevelers who lack a reasonable level of game savvy and knowledge of their class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Will you guys please stop with the frost baby bullsht on both sides of this argument. The reasons they're ruining the game have nothing to do with player competence.

Players who are against pleveling and using this as an argument are just setting up a straw man for dipsh!ts to break down.

Go read some of my previous posts for the real reasons they should be removed.

It has everything to do with player incompetence and lack of understanding of procedure, protocol and propriety. Sorry you don't like this argument, not that this will make in difference in whether I argue it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • carlos2354
    carlos2354 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    People should pay attention to GlenRoss. He actually knows what he's saying. Taking arguments in from both sides and effectively making it his own. Unlike others here who speak truly out of ignorance, twisting their words to make it sound smart. Not one of his post in this thread I read is dumb.
    Kudos to you mista
  • Nedira - Dreamweaver
    Nedira - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    carlos2354 wrote: »
    People should pay attention to GlenRoss. He actually knows what he's saying. Taking arguments in from both sides and effectively making it his own. Unlike others here who speak truly out of ignorance, twisting their words to make it sound smart. Not one of his post in this thread I read is dumb.
    Kudos to you mista
    I know! I love reading his posts in this thread. That much reason and rationality is so rare on the internets. b:dirty

Also, this is a necro. D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Options
    closed for necro

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.