No More Hyper In Frost

Options

Comments

• Joseamc/ - Lost City
    Joseamc/ - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Well i like to now how players will get lvl 101 to buy rank 9 and use it since they will need years to get the lvl... lol PWI this time you fail b:laugh
  • Xdmghyper - Lost City
    Xdmghyper - Lost City Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Just invested 300m on my aps set and now u tell me "no hypers in fcc" GOOD JOB PWI b:angry b:angry b:angry
  • Artemiko - Raging Tide
    Artemiko - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I totally quested my way through my levels with the occasionally fc here and there. I guess me and Wraithgate are gonna become best friends b:thanks

FC BABIES GO QQ b:cry
  • Kuruaie - Harshlands
    Kuruaie - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    slamstone wrote: »
    pew pew did pw broke u? will u ragequit? fingers crossed....maybe ull stop the spambot.

play pwi as intended not 20% power fc, 77% on forum, 1% afk, 1% on wc, 1% actual play.b:victory

You did it wrong for Kuru;
    1% power FC, 1% on forum, 10% afk, 87% on WC, 1% actual play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Instant Gratification truly is the norm these days.
    If you want to be level 105 and in the best gears immediately to be on a "level playing field" with everyone else then why in the world are you playing an MMORPG?

The entire point in an MMORPG is taking the time to quest, experience a vast world, and meet/adventure with other people.

If you want to just all be equal asap and kill each other go play another style of game.

Removing hypers from frost is the first step in the right direction that this game has taken in a very long time.

I've been playing since 2008.
    I leveled up without the use of hypers.
    I farmed Twilight Temple for gears and made parties.
    When I hit 70, 80, and 90 I was excited. They were impressive feats and I received copious congratulations.

Now, when someone says "Gz on 100!" I laugh, and want to spit. It's hilarious.
    With removal of hypers in frost I hope to see use of the rest of this game's content.

I would like to see Twilight Temple regularly farmed again instead of totally skipped over because people don't remain at those levels for any more than a few days.

I would like to see people trying to level up as fast as possible through use of questing all about the world map, or maybe just hypering with zhen parties somewhere.

I would like to see spontaneous PvP and people actually doing world quest again.

I'd like to see people actually playing the damn game.

To everyone QQ'ing about the removal of hypers from frosts,
    you're just pathetic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • burningsweetfire
    burningsweetfire Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I see potential in removing hypers in fc. It brings back zhen squads and makes PV more considerable. People would finally learn their classes, use money on their skills rather than on levels, less complaining from noobs entering endgame, and give time for people to get their gears. Plus, bh is now going to be common. Fc has been hindering people ability to learn their classes, yes some people will quit, but less fc noobs and BS. Doesn't matter to me unless they remove hyper in PV too.
  • Nblop - Archosaur
    Nblop - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    lol,just lolb:laugh
    Dark Masterz
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    got all my chars that i want to 100+ a long time ago!!!!!!!! b:pleased. also, people, there are other ways to lvl than FC. try pv, that chit is funz and short e.e.' unlike FC, you can solo it at your own lvl.

edit: for those who has 100+, theres aeu n morai. n bh exp orbs, oht dailies... lots of ways to lvl to 105. from lvl 1, they even added those daily quests u can do for low lvl.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Options
    If you want to be level 105 and in the best gears immediately to be on a "level playing field" with everyone else then why in the world are you playing an MMORPG?

The entire point in an MMORPG is taking the time to quest, experience a vast world, and meet/adventure with other people.

If you want to just all be equal asap and kill each other go play another style of game.

Removing hypers from frost is the first step in the right direction that this game has taken in a very long time.

When I hit 70, 80, and 90 I was excited. They were impressive feats and I received copious congratulations.

With removal of hypers in frost I hope to see use of the rest of this game's content.

I would like to see Twilight Temple regularly farmed again instead of totally skipped over because people don't remain at those levels for any more than a few days.

I would like to see people trying to level up as fast as possible through use of questing all about the world map, or maybe just hypering with zhen parties somewhere.

I would like to see spontaneous PvP and people actually doing world quest again.

you're just pathetic.

Just going to quote you sir for stating the most awesome point here.

I mean, some of us have played since the game came out, had many characters lv'ed to 100 by the "old methods," and we're not complaining.

I for one am glad that frost has been nurfed, and I hope it stays like that. Playing MMO's, you learn that the entire point to playing a MMO is because of the multi-player aspect of the game. If you want to go "solo" something, then maybe playing a MMo isn't the kind of game that you need to be playing. (Now I can see soloing certain things, but instances shouldn't be able to be soloed [unless your a lv 100 soloing a lv 10 dungeon] by anyone).

In my opinion, if you don't want to play the game anymore because of this change, then b:bye, maybe we can get back to a reasonable level pf play around here.
    (now if we just got rid of those packs sooner...)
  • Tulipia - Dreamweaver
    Tulipia - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I was lvling a sin to sell FC....guess she's dead now. And I spent Rep on her too... Bleh >.<

Kniraven, when an MMO gets a faster, better way of leveling that becomes the NORM of the MMO. When that is taken away it takes away the norm and introduces a "chore" way of leveling, which takes longer and it's seen as a "chore". This will take away a lot of the new players, a lot. All you lvl 100+ have to do is run BHs and you get everything you need.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

you're just pathetic.
    Krisnda wrote: »

I mean, some of us have played since the game came out, had many characters lv'ed to 100 by the "old methods," and we're not complaining.

I for one am glad that frost has been nurfed, and I hope it stays like that. Playing MMO's, you learn that the entire point to playing a MMO is because of the multi-player aspect of the game. If you want to go "solo" something, then maybe playing a MMo isn't the kind of game that you need to be playing. (Now I can see soloing certain things, but instances shouldn't be able to be soloed [unless your a lv 100 soloing a lv 10 dungeon] by anyone).

In my opinion, if you don't want to play the game anymore because of this change, then b:bye, maybe we can get back to a reasonable level pf play around here.

Ty Krissy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    T_i_m - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    b:puzzled People still haven't reached 101? b:surprised
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

lame, if you wanna force ppl to play like YOU want them to play. **** style, ijs.
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Everyone got so hyped up (no pun intended lols) but since it's not in the patch notes it's most likely just a bug. Granted one that will probably take a lot to correct since this is PWI.
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    You really think anyone is gona bother to lvl and gear up till ... 2017 so they get to lvl102 and get gear that is decent ?

Considering all that is ingame already this is a wrong move if it is a move and not a bug anyway.

You have....

Bounty hunter, Crazy Stone, World Quest, Cube, Public Quest, Phoenix Valley, BH II orbs from alts, Gamma, Delta, Morai Jades, Tideborn Questline, Morai Questline, Massive exp on 60-80 quests.... and it's going to take to 2017 to level?

Get real. You can reach 80 in a few weeks, Fcc to 90 on eso's in a few weeks and as soon as you hit 95 morai bumps you to 96 and very soon you're on exp Jades to 100.

Not to mention hyper stones weren't removed. Go find some mobs with nice exp, switch on hypers, grind for an hour on 12x. Sell dq and junk, should fund a new set of hyper, rinse and repeat. Or Zhen hyper any arch assaults we get.

This isn't like 4 years ago, we're completely spoiled now with millions of ways to gain exp. Just that up until now, FCC was better. Go out into the game and try some of these things out. You might have fun. If it takes a determined player more than a month or two to reach 100 I'd honestly be surprised.
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    b:puzzled People still haven't reached 101? b:surprised

b:sad Not I.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

so those who can solo, are left to reign as kings of tt mats?

this is not gonna invigorate anything. i use my alt account to solo bh's for my noobs. im not gonna be grabbing lvl 60 quests, nor am i finding parties for menial stuff.

PWI has long since abandoned the games 1-99 environment in favor of 100+. nerfing fcc is stupid and dumb. because you spent the games formative years lvling the hard way, doesnt mean that same process is attractive these days. i leveled 3 toons to 100 by questing and fcc past 85.

what about ppl who want to participate in endgame? TW? morai? NW?

so because some ppl like spending years to get to100, others also need to grind that **** just to get the point of this game that is currently its selling point?

i'm sorry but this better be a joke, its the most a$$-backwards decision i've ever seen.
  • Abonimus - Raging Tide
    Abonimus - Raging Tide Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Insert gibberish wall'o'text here

What you want is to go back into the past.

Well get a time machine and do just that.

Not a lot of ppl will grind endlessly in a ages old donators heaven game.

Dont know if i have seen 1 person that doesnt already have a lvl100+ character here that likes the idea of hyper removal.

With a logical point ofc.
    Only thing worst then a troll is a brainless troll ...
  • VanguardianX - Dreamweaver
    VanguardianX - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

as much as i would agree, it causes competition to get stale. you can't sit there and say that the game isnt at that point. the point where the only competitive players are 100+. it's no longer the tt90 can beat tt99 days...consider everything about the game really...coins are scarce, DQ was nerfed, PVP is dominated by r9 3rd cast gear. so if a new player is starting, how are they to be up to par with high end play?
    Heroes are remembered, legends never die.
  • krisnda
    edited March 2013
    Options

this is not gonna invigorate anything. i use my alt account to solo bh's for my noobs. im not gonna be grabbing lvl 60 quests, nor am i finding parties for menial stuff.

PWI has long since abandoned the games 1-99 environment in favor of 100+. nerfing fcc is stupid and dumb. because you spent the games formative years lvling the hard way, doesnt mean that same process is attractive these days. i leveled 3 toons to 100 by questing and fcc past 85.

so because some ppl like spending years to get to100, others also need to grind that **** just to get the point of this game that is currently its selling point?

i'm sorry but this better be a joke, its the most a$$-backwards decision i've ever seen.

You can be answered with this:

You have....

Bounty hunter, Crazy Stone, World Quest, Cube, Public Quest, Phoenix Valley, BH II orbs from alts, Gamma, Delta, Morai Jades, Tideborn Questline, Morai Questline, Massive exp on 60-80 quests.... and it's going to take to 2017 to level?

Get real. You can reach 80 in a few weeks, Fcc to 90 on eso's in a few weeks and as soon as you hit 95 morai bumps you to 96 and very soon you're on exp Jades to 100.

Not to mention hyper stones weren't removed. Go find some mobs with nice exp, switch on hypers, grind for an hour on 12x. Sell dq and junk, should fund a new set of hyper, rinse and repeat. Or Zhen hyper any arch assaults we get.

This isn't like 4 years ago, we're completely spoiled now with millions of ways to gain exp. Just that up until now, FCC was better. Go out into the game and try some of these things out. You might have fun. If it takes a determined player more than a month or two to reach 100 I'd honestly be surprised.

• Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

It will certainly be interesting to see how the community deals with this change. Though I will echo the sentiment that capping FF entry at 75 or 80 would solve the problem easily without inconveniencing the level-appropriate squads.

And of course, let's not forget what Sylen said on... what, page 3?... that this was likely just an "oopsie" on the part of the devs, ala Secret Passage PK. If you guys want it to stay, then you'd better show your support strongly and loudly, or the whiners will drown you out and give it more chance to come back.

Personally, I'll need some time to decide what to think about this one. I can't stand powerleveling (I just call it Frost Abuse), but I do have several characters who used hypers in FF at legitimate levels, so the removal of the practice certainly impacts me as well. At this point... I just wish they'd capped it instead of removing hypers. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    they didn't mean to do this so i'm sure it'll be undone
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Made 5-6% just doing cube, morai daily, and 10 AoE farming runs on my cleric every day to get from 100 to 101. Just don't be a terrible player, and it's pretty easy to lvl up with the bare minimum of time spent. One set of hypers would last 12-14 days, and I'd earn around 20K per run in DQ and item drops. So not sure how it is difficult to 101 or even 102.

What would be nice is if they added coins back to Rebirths. People might actually start doing Gamma and Delta then, and just hyper on the bosses like used to be done. Good coin, good drops, cultis done, and people learn their roles in a squad based system. Much better than FCC.
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Apparently I'm the only one who zhens on map 3 and has been doing it since the beginning.

b:chuckle
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

Please quit if you hate it so much, looking very much forward to your type disappearing from the game.
  • krisnda
    edited March 2013
    Options
    as much as i would agree, it causes competition to get stale. you can't sit there and say that the game isnt at that point. the point where the only competitive players are 100+. it's no longer the tt90 can beat tt99 days...consider everything about the game really...coins are scarce, DQ was nerfed, PVP is dominated by r9 3rd cast gear. so if a new player is starting, how are they to be up to par with high end play?

I will agree with the fact that yes, for PvP purposes (and things like NW, TW, etc) compared to players that pay in order to recieve items and such, will be very "higher up" compared to the players that do not "pay to win" (man I hate this quote) because well... it's true. But while you're looking at it from a PvP aspect, also look at it from a PvE aspect. (I will just say beforehand that yes, I do know that this wouldn't stop the "soloers" with decked out gear, but... eh).
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Earlier there was a post(from vallaince) that said they didn't mean for it to happen so im guessing they will change it back sometime in the near future, so it's pointless to argue about it. The post didn't seem to stick around though for long.
  • Oups_Dead - Harshlands
    Oups_Dead - Harshlands Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    You can be answered with this:

to answer the dear mob cube gives 1m exp pv cannot be soloed by any sin cs gives 1m exp bhII GIVES 600K base quests 500k like what u can get 4m exp from quests? at 103 that's 0.1% daily if u worked hard ! every fc gives about 5.5m exp how do u expect me to lvl up at 103 with 0.1% daily exp ? get rl :)
  • Oups_Dead - Harshlands
    Oups_Dead - Harshlands Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    mod****
  • krisnda
    edited March 2013
    Options
    If you guys want it to stay, then you'd better show your support strongly and loudly

You can bet your bows and arrows. b:cute