No More Hyper In Frost

Comments

• skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It scares me on how dependent people have become on FC being their main source of experience. Even if it was something that was not intended, treat it as if it was, and adapt. It's not that hard.

I've hit 104 not too long ago, and I'm currently at 343m exp to 105 without a single FC instance touched. Gaining exp really isn't hard nowadays.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    It scares me on how dependent people have become on FC being their main source of experience. Even if it was something that was not intended, treat it as if it was, and adapt. It's not that hard.

I've hit 104 not too long ago, and I'm currently at 343m exp to 105 without a single FC instance touched. Gaining exp really isn't hard nowadays.

+1

I really hope this stays!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Abonimus - Raging Tide
    Abonimus - Raging Tide Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It will certainly be interesting to see how the community deals with this change. Though I will echo the sentiment that capping FF entry at 75 or 80 would solve the problem easily without inconveniencing the level-appropriate squads.

And of course, let's not forget what Sylen said on... what, page 3?... that this was likely just an "oopsie" on the part of the devs, ala Secret Passage PK. If you guys want it to stay, then you'd better show your support strongly and loudly, or the whiners will drown you out and give it more chance to come back.

Personally, I'll need some time to decide what to think about this one. I can't stand powerleveling (I just call it Frost Abuse), but I do have several characters who used hypers in FF at legitimate levels, so the removal of the practice certainly impacts me as well. At this point... I just wish they'd capped it instead of removing hypers. :P

True. Capping the FF entrance at the appropriate level to open the quest itself and "port" back at the last boss would work better indeed.

Post with most sence ive read in a while.
    Only thing worst then a troll is a brainless troll ...
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Many posts I see people QQing that leveling is almost dead lol, don`t forget you can still use hypers on mobs, there is PV and that afk leveling reflection ****, or just plain quests, heck morai chain quest alone gets you nearly 1 lvl from 95 to 95 and some 80%, and lower levels they added more quests with more xp. Selling FCC wasn`t profitable either way, 200k per head is just not worth the effort it takes to solo it!
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Exactly. This thread is a microcosm of today's society: We want things made easy for us and we want our gratification NOW!

Face it: nobody owes any of us a quick trip to 100 (and yes I have alts on their way up, using bh, crazy stone and questing).

The game was meant to be played, not bypassed. Put me down for wanting to see this become permanent, or some other steps taken to maintain some semblance of the original gameplay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Krisnda wrote: »
    You can be answered with this:

This isn't like 4 years ago, we're completely spoiled now with millions of ways to gain exp. Just that up until now, FCC was better.

Yes, but do any of those "Millions of ways" promote good squad play?

BH certainly doesn't. My issue isn't the exp, but the experience (and fun) in game.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Krisnda wrote: »
    I will agree with the fact that yes, for PvP purposes (and things like NW, TW, etc) compared to players that pay in order to recieve items and such, will be very "higher up" compared to the players that do not "pay to win" (man I hate this quote) because well... it's true. But while you're looking at it from a PvP aspect, also look at it from a PvE aspect. (I will just say beforehand that yes, I do know that this wouldn't stop the "soloers" with decked out gear, but... eh).

i was going to link his repsonse in answer to your answer, but you beat me to it.

that is my point though. this is an old game, competitiveness has scaled wildly. 3 years ago was a different environment.

disabling hypers hurts 100+ players moreso, especially those who did not abuse goons. the removal takes AWAY experience that you practically have to HOARD in order to lvl. yes AEU helps but still, those of you who enjoy having other people's enjoyment of the game curtailed so YOU can feel vindicated for "sticking it out the hard way". there really is no current NEED to disable hypers, the damage has been done. if they REALLY wanted to make an adjustment like that they could have started with simple more comprehensive changes such as re-scaling experience and awards and adding worthwhile content and items to support playing at those levels. we get none of that, we just get hypers being disabled without an announcement or warning. so now those in lower levels MIGHT have more people to play with, but most of them wont have gear, wont have skills levels appropriately, and they wont know how to play their class at a range where knowing your class matter most.

Liam_ maybe you should find another way to use your time other than making assumption about ppl you dont know.
  • LolyLove - Raging Tide
    LolyLove - Raging Tide Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    good news check
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1574821

just wait until fix them
  • hansbock75
    hansbock75 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This is a good thing no more hyper fc babies. Keep it as it is but put back mats in fc.
    edited March 2013
    good news check

just wait until fix them

HAHAHAHAHA~!!! good to hear, but if both problems might require much more effort to fix, there will be more rage at missing weapon molds than FCC.

whelp, get those sick days stacked up, i smell a pretty long 2x coming.
  • Murcas - Sanctuary
    Murcas - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    All I have to say is: It is what it is. If it's a glitch, fine. If it's permanent, fine. We are Borg, we will adapt.

Addendum: Spoke up too late. XD
    edited March 2013

the dependence was born from competition though. that competition is what fuels the cash shop and the people who spend to keep the game operating.

i find that people who dont have a higher level toon already, mix FCC with other activities as mentioned by all these people. ppl with 100+ mains also make use of every exp-gaining instance available. too many 103+ archers and sins around to say tuff cookies imho.

beside that ppl keep yelling about fcc babies, but there are people who grinded the levels who have a severe lack of skill so to speak. but i've trained some fcc-babies and they are good players now. i dont even give thought to my alt's skills until i reach 60, this is because endgame skill is not equal to pre-100 all the time. why play pre-60 for most classes when 2-spark skills form the basis of most classes endgame play? how about lvl 11 skills? or skills in conjunction with a particular gear?

pwi created this race to 100, then created content to satisfy the masses of people who passed the finish line and are looking for another race after tasting the kool-aid.
  • danilco
    danilco Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    23 pages and growing lol.
    I'm mixed about the fc, and warsong nurfing. On one hand I don't care because I have already lvled enough toons with and without FC and I don't ned any more, Got all the weapon molds I need from Warsong to! On the other hand.... the PvP aspect to the game might become to easy for me and others like me.
    I always thought that having the option to get to lvl 100 fast, was in some way good for balance in the game. Some high lvl players leave, and new players take there place. Now it seems to me like new players again are being shafted. Not having any low lvl toons its hard for me to tell, maybe these new quests will make up for it exp and coin wise. So now new players are no longer handing money to high lvl Sins for exp, but they can earn exp and gold threw the New Quests. After all they do advertise that the new quests will be good for money.
    As for the molds I'm thinking mistake on there part.

Just to help out: Good for Exp and (or) Coin!

Cube, Morai, BH's, PV, AEU, Selling your soul. All good ways...maybe not the last one. b:thanks
  • Awesomeonly - Raging Tide
    Awesomeonly - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lol to trolo or not to trolo >.> but if its true then thank goodness no more FC Noobs geez about time, and if its the othere way around the wtf really? im tired of doing my bh 100 with them power lvling Noob tarts Dx
  • Abonimus - Raging Tide
    Abonimus - Raging Tide Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    good news check

just wait until fix them

Thank you very much for sharing this thread with us!

Now a mod please end this thread D= !
    Only thing worst then a troll is a brainless troll ...
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    I'm sure you've seen power-leveled players (is that better than fc babies?) who turned out to be fine high-level participants. I'm equally sure you've seen pure-bred, questing players who turned out to be bad.

But to imply that it makes no difference is counter-intuitive. Dealing with varied opponents, requiring varied strategies will, of course, make one more familiar with what works and what doesn't. How could it not?

Sure, some will figure things out on their own. Many more will think that knowing their toon means being able to spam their attack buttons very fast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ViPeRSin - Harshlands
    ViPeRSin - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hyper wasn't in Pwi the whole time, you played after they released hyper exp to the game, you don't understand what we talking about.

lmao so u think out of blue hypering fc was removed because they decided to hear peoples cry lol, its because too many complaints about dcing in nation war. Low levels hypering fc again is not the problem its too many multi accounts during nation war. To think about its high levels abusing hypering just for nation war to get more rewards at the event by having so many damn alts on simultaneously online. 1 account per person during the event could solve this and yes there was no hypering before but it became a way of making coins I see nothing wrong with that. Not all of us wanna invest real cash on a broken game all the time
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    lmao so u think out of blue hypering fc was removed because they decided to hear peoples cry lol, its because too many complaints about dcing in nation war. Low levels hypering fc again is not the problem its too many multi accounts during nation war. To think about its high levels abusing hypering just for nation war to get more rewards at the event by having so many damn alts on simultaneously online. 1 account per person during the event could solve this and yes there was no hypering before but it became a way of making coins I see nothing wrong with that. Not all of us wanna invest real cash on a broken game all the time

Am I the only going ..... HUH?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    pv cannot be soloed by any sin
    If you cant solo pv 100+ on a sin, you got more issues other than loosing hypers in fcc
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I wish they won't fix the FC hyper issue.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • TevesRagen - Lost City
    TevesRagen - Lost City Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It looks like a lot of the players happy that hypers aren't working are already 100+. Most of them probably hypered frost to hit 100, but now they think others shouldn't be able to do that? That's kind of funny.

Btw, I hit 101 without ever activating hypers, it just took a long time. I did hyper all my alts though. (No way was I going to do all those quests multiple times)
  • BigDickJoe - Harshlands
    BigDickJoe - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    YES YES YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSS....................now i can see a little more people on the map when i quest, (not sure it if it will be alot) butst still beter then nothing

Its a little late but still its nice to see happen.........was a shame to see such a nice game go so far down in the world because of a exploited gitch, this update keeps getting better and better..for me.
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    YES YES YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSS....................now i can see a little more people on the map when i quest, (not sure it if it will be alot) butst still beter then nothing

Its a little late but still its nice to see happen.........was a shame to see such a nice game go so far down in the world because of a exploited gitch, this update keeps getting better and better..for me.

Are you referring to the Dragoon Glitch? Furthermore, you should change your name. Not the kind of thing I wanna see on a forum for an MMO... lil kids might be watching b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This is excellent~
    Though its not like Powerleveling is completely dead - one can always pay for Zhen around the PQ trenches...however, there will be competition from other sellers and possibly PK attempts where applicable as well...
    b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If this IS true, I can change my siggy finally! b:laugh

+1 for the no hyper in FC. Maybe we'll see more people on the map again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited March 2013
    I wish they lvl cap FC to 75+ so there would be big decrease in hypernoob numbers. If there's some technical problem with it, then just activate hypering there again. Making lvling 10 times slower from before kills motivation of those that lvl'd slowly to FC lvls and therefore didn't make it to 100+ when hyperbabies didb:surrender
    Until then, NW being only reason to play. Coming back when FC hyperable for at least 80+ pplb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    would be interesting to see a poll off who like no hyper on fcc and who want hyper on fcc.

comunity is so split omg b:shocked

and my +1 on no hyper for fcc

even tho i used it on my veno i am not complaining when i can see pp lquesting once again.

and pvp on the full map instead of just west gate/silver pool b:shocked
  • ronpear
    ronpear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am mixed as well feel that those who abused it are finally getting what they deserve and actually have to play but on the other hand 85+ it does help I say put a level cap on the door instead. I love the game have for the last 2 years I say put some balance in to help higher levels in quests or cap the fc door so only ppl over 85 may enter
  • mrtitanperfect94
    mrtitanperfect94 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Really ?

Just interesting if developers done something useful.

May be if they will reintroduce quest system, then this game will be better.

this game only be better for ppl to pay more cash for the money, dint you know?
    pwi wants remove every quick method for ppl to get high amount of money. also removing methods for get quick stuffs, soon, zhen will be removed, same than go tt along in squad mode etc. they will **** the game even worst than now. why? money, they only cares themselves and theirs money. and auctioner:}} cheaper everyday. so if you think this is a good game pff alot of ppl quiting and selling theirs account and soon pwi will be trashed history.
    another thing, about warsoul weapons. do you realy think they would like to get stucked at lvl
    80+ to go nw to get one shooted just for get some tokens to farm those warsoul weapons?
    maybe thats why fc gone. but anyways if you use warsoul weapon, you will still being one shoot by higuers lvl when they reach to you so.
    and now last boss in fw decreased chance to drop molds, very nice shiity update you made pwi i love you all DEAD INSIDE A TOMB STONE. and barbs look, super **** than ever. whats next?
  • KitsuneBlood - Archosaur
    KitsuneBlood - Archosaur Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm against removing hypers from FCC. I'm a college student with a full time job and limited time to play, but I've played several characters into the 50s, 60s, and 80s. I know how to play my characters and what roles they have in different places, and if I don't know something I know to ask others. FCC leveling just allows me to skip the boring parts of the game that take up my time (which again is limited). Also I know that questing at that point becomes tedious and the rewards have diminishing returns. Besides, lets face it, grinding is boring. Kill x number of mobs here, travel to npc there... its boring. I don't mind it sometimes, but when you have limited time to play, forcing everyone to focus on one style of play (grinding) isn't really fair.

Besides, I've yet to have a character hit 100 and taking away hyper in fc will likely keep me from ever hitting that goal. I could have had my veno at 100 now but I took a break at my current level of 89 to farm some tt mats.

In short: not everyone is a power leveled noob, and fcc hyper leveling is fine for people who know what they're doing. And since I have limited time to play, don't force me to grind to 105.