No More Hyper In Frost

Options

Comments

• _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Questing is dead, frost is dead, Nirvana is dead, Warsong nerfed, what's next? lol. I see a lot of people saying lets bring back zhen squads! -.- You're all idiots who suggest it. Back when they existed yeah we were all level 80-90 leveling if someone can in to pk us pvp wars would break out. Now those people coming to pk the zhen squads are going to be r9r3 and farm killing those level 80's who can't fight back at all.
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Pretty sure that you weren't around for the old school days of logging on, doing your dailies, having an empty quest log (both in current and available) and sitting on a wall bored until someone needed help with a BH/FB/Etc.

Public quest was always dominated by a few classes and making exp from that was a joke for most people.
    Dailies were good, but short lived.
    Reflection zone is a joke - it's not playing the game.
    Zhen works well, but its not as good as FF. You might get 10% from an hour.
    PV...is a daily and short lived.

FF had this wonderful effect of making you want to group 80+, having to cooperate and learn squad dynamics, making friends, and then finally getting a nice XP payoff for your time invested. You could do your dailies, and then go FF the rest of the night. Variety would be better, but Zhen is gonna get old just like FF.

I started playing a few months before FC selling was even thought of, and I was 1 of the first constant FC sellers, best FC I sold was one for 4m once, but mostly 3m(My server when it began), I didn't go back to the way old school days but I did PQ at lvl 60-70 when FC P-lvling didn't exist.

Another way to level:
    (Can't reemember the item name)-those mobs you got a quest for via item to kill and gave you xp/spirit/money
    Warsong nerfed

...Uhhhhh what!?
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

I was actually starting to get a desire to start playing again, but not if I'm going to be stuck at level 87 for another 2 months. Level progression needs to be steady and reasonable with the promise of new gears, content, etc. to make the time spent in the game worthwhile - even for casual players.

I started a barb somewhere around the 15th of feb. 1 month later its level 93. If its taking you months to go from lv 87 to lv 88 your doing something wrong. My barb has never been ran through fc, or equipped a hyper and i only play it a couple hours a day. b:surrender
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I guess now we are gonna see lvl 84, 94, 100+ seekers with high refines selling their services in PV.
    And of course we will have looooong lines of people waiting for the pits. Maybe PWE should make a boutique item that alows you to use the pits so they can make some money out of it.
  • Khaime - Dreamweaver
    Khaime - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Funny how people like to bash on so-called "fc-babies" and be happy that PWI banned hypers in FC - especially if those people already r level 100+. Must be cool nowadays to bash the weak...

I sold FC for a time and was happy with the profit.
    If u dont want people to be clueless about their class: teach them!

Taking away fc-xp after all this time is just getting people frustrated.The more true if they have alts they wanted to level because they grew bored with their main.
    U could take away dailies from people, too, if not knowing how to play is an issue. Or have u never seen people do them with high-level help?
    But knowing PWI after all those years, it was only a mistake, because for every fix they get done they rip another thing apart...b:surrender
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Just finished full warsong and only EoO dropped at last boss... No molds.. period.
    ...Uhhhhh what!?

This is what I was looking at lol
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I guess now we are gonna see lvl 84, 94, 100+ seekers with high refines selling their services in PV.
    And of course we will have looooong lines of people waiting for the pits. Maybe PWE should make a boutique item that alows you to use the pits so they can make some money out of it.

Is XP not reduced with higher levels in squads? Doesn't PV mandate a level bracket? I never done PV so I wouldn't know.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I started playing a few months before FC selling was even thought of, and I was 1 of the first constant FC sellers, best FC I sold was one for 4m once, but mostly 3m(My server when it began), I didn't go back to the way old school days but I did PQ at lvl 60-70 when FC P-lvling didn't exist.

Another way to level:
    (Can't reemember the item name)-those mobs you got a quest for via item to kill and gave you xp/spirit/money

Oracles. Also laughable exp, especially compared to FF - and fights erupt over the spawn.

There's no valid replacement for what FF with Hypers does for the game.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Levantica - Raging Tide
    Levantica - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Questing is dead, frost is dead, Nirvana is dead, Warsong nerfed, what's next? lol. I see a lot of people saying lets bring back zhen squads! -.- You're all idiots who suggest it. Back when they existed yeah we were all level 80-90 leveling if someone can in to pk us pvp wars would break out. Now those people coming to pk the zhen squads are going to be r9r3 and farm killing those level 80's who can't fight back at all.

Better move to a PVE server then. Why you join PVP anyway? If you want to PVP you can on PVE server as well just when you dont want, you dont have to. Blue name and you're safe. b:laugh
  • elvenmage13
    elvenmage13 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Hypers needed to be disabled in frost so the rest of the game don't seem dead. Like ppl don't quest no more or pq unless its pq3. People need to quit wanting everything easy and handed to em. Go grind just like it was when the game started.
  • SwingAtMe - Archosaur
    SwingAtMe - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    FC is the finest instance in the game. Period.

Doing it with a squad in a full run is awesome. I would hate to see it be unused.

Sure, no selling it to noobs to hyper, I get that. But I wanna do the FC! b:cry

My suggestions are:
    a) make it a Bounty Hunter (It does take awhile to do...so a make the bounty higher xp?)
    b) put a minimum level to enter and boost the heads xp a bit so people are still motivated to do it.
    c) FC doesn't end at head and mobs...give people more of a reason to press on to the end. (a 2nd BH?)
  • VanguardianX - Dreamweaver
    VanguardianX - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    when something goes wrong its like people wanna commit mass suicide...

from what i understand disabled hypers in instances are default. upon these bigger updates we've seen things get screwed up (like the duke shouting everything you get from packs). unless you're a new player, this shouldn't be much of a surprise...things will probably get set back to normal and be given a week/weekend worth of 2x.
    Heroes are remembered, legends never die.
  • Abonimus - Raging Tide
    Abonimus - Raging Tide Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

Well maybe their logic is kill everything in your own game to bring it back to life?

Lol maybe maybe who knows...

I can see myself playing less then once in a full moon as it was so far. Prospect of grinding an age for my gear skill and everything aint very interesting when you add grinding my level for a ethernity to that list.

Not one bit.
    Only thing worst then a troll is a brainless troll ...
  • Abonimus - Raging Tide
    edited March 2013
    Options

from what i understand disabled hypers in instances are default. upon these bigger updates we've seen things get screwed up (like the duke shouting everything you get from packs). unless you're a new player, this shouldn't be much of a surprise...things will probably get set back to normal and be given a week/weekend worth of 2x.

Id love a week of x2 tho b:dirty

It is weired it aint in updates of anywhere else for that matter...
  • Levantica - Raging Tide
    Levantica - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Maybe they make a new instance to lvl up where you dont have to kill bosses to end up at heads that you have to kill in 2 sec or else they are gone. Maybe they make one instance like PV simple and fast. Mobs only , no bosses that does not give you anything and no heads that you have to kill in seconds....Well I can hope right? b:cute
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    FC is the finest instance in the game. Period.

Doing it with a squad in a full run is awesome. I would hate to see it be unused.

Sure, no selling it to noobs to hyper, I get that. But I wanna do the FC! b:cry

My suggestions are:
    a) make it a Bounty Hunter (It does take awhile to do...so a make the bounty higher xp?)
    b) put a minimum level to enter and boost the heads xp a bit so people are still motivated to do it.
    c) FC doesn't end at head and mobs...give people more of a reason to press on to the end. (a 2nd BH?)

d) let players choose a level range (70-80, 80-90, 90+) when opening. Only chars in that range can enter FC.
    e) make the heads and mobs give less xp, but the other mobs and bosses more so that you dont just want the room, but the whole instance. Makes you use more hyper time, thus more money in the boutique. ;)
  • Candeh_Love - Sanctuary
    Candeh_Love - Sanctuary Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    WHOA WHOA WHOA!

Does this mean the return of zhenning? b:surprised Cuz if so imma go find me a spot b:chuckle
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    You wanna know what would have been an easy way to curtail ppl selling FC? Fix the bubble boss so he can't be glitched. That would make soloing FC too hard for the 95-101 sins who do most of the FC selling. The OP sins could still do it but they have better things to do with their time.

The whole point of how the bubble boss works is he is an obstacle to FC being soloed or even done by a small squad. Thats why he's the second boss in the cave and comes before most of the good stuff. How hard would it have been to fix the glitch? Maybe 10 minutes for a real programer. Just make him a stationary boss that fixes it right there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiskadee - Dreamweaver
    Kiskadee - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Why are people getting hyped about zhenning and gamma? Return? You could do it anytime.
  • Taiako - Dreamweaver
    Taiako - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I'm assuming they just need to go in and fix the files. As was mentioned earlier, hypering while in FC in China is impossible. Perhaps this got synced here, and now PWI will realize this and fix it, along with FWS Weapon Mold drops. I have faith that the GMs and Devs will get this fixed in the next week or two.
    Something that just got cured of an ailment don't need 'fixing' in the least. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Hypers as a whole never should have been implemented.
    Int the long term, this removal from frost will be revitalizing to the game.

Once more people will need to quest.

There will be an active map.

Spontaneous PvP in PvP servers will happen again instead of at predesignated spots.

There will be a need for legendary and twilight temple gear once more with those levels not just passed over and skipped.

From 80 to 90, with no hypers, frost is still the BEST experience giver and therefore will remain in use.

World quest will be a good use of your time again, further adding world map activity.

Open your eyes people..

This is the most positive change that has happened in YEARS!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    You wanna know what would have been an easy way to curtail ppl selling FC? Fix the bubble boss so he can't be glitched. That would make soloing FC too hard for the 95-101 sins who do most of the FC selling. The OP sins could still do it but they have better things to do with their time.

The whole point of how the bubble boss works is he is an obstacle to FC being soloed or even done by a small squad. Thats why he's the second boss in the cave and comes before most of the good stuff. How hard would it have been to fix the glitch? Maybe 10 minutes for a real programer. Just make him a stationary boss that fixes it right there.

...Sins glitch the bubble boss? Why? They have an antistun skill, genie skills, a pot, and tidal at a 50% chance. You would like have to have the worst DPS and be completely **** to not be able to solo that boss.

I could see other classes doing it but not sins. Thats just fail or laziness.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • _NoMorePain - Dreamweaver
    _NoMorePain - Dreamweaver Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

that^
    This happens every time they do an update and you all still act surprised. lol. Obviously it's not something they meant to do or it would of been noted somewhere in the patch notes. It's just like things like the duke shouting everything again or pk in the secret passage getting turned back on again. Only real question is how long will it take them to fix it.

And as for everyone crying about all the hyper noobs, who really cares? Do the hyper noobs threaten you in some way? Are you afraid of being beaten by a hyper noob and feeling the embarrassment and shame of discovering how fail you really are yourself? b:chuckle If people want to power level more power too them. It's their decision how they want to play the game and if they don't know their character that's their problem. I've played every class we have now, and if I decided to make a new character of course I'd like to power level it since I already know how to play it. And if your problem is ending up in some random squad with some hyper noob then simply either make a do not squad with list and add them to it, or only squad with people you know.

Anyways, regardless of whether everyone likes fc or not this was obviously a mistake that should be fixed within the next week or two.
  • unabcleric
    unabcleric Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    ...Sins glitch the bubble boss? Why? They have an antistun skill, genie skills, a pot, and tidal at a 50% chance. You would like have to have the worst DPS and be completely **** to not be able to solo that boss.

true...

been able to solo bubble with 3.33 without problem...just you must time well and hope that tidal works if you are not charmed ...if you are charmed then pew pew ...boss dead
  • Abonimus - Raging Tide
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Hypers as a whole never should have been implemented.
    Int the long term, this removal from frost will be revitalizing to the game.

Once more people will need to quest.

There will be an active map.

Spontaneous PvP in PvP servers will happen again instead of at predesignated spots.

There will be a need for legendary and twilight temple gear once more with those levels not just passed over and skipped.

From 80 to 90, with no hypers, frost is still the BEST experience giver and therefore will remain in use.

World quest will be a good use of your time again, further adding world map activity.

Open your eyes people..

This is the most positive change that has happened in YEARS!

No there wont my friend you are sadly mistaken.

You have high hopes that all those newbies playing for free will bother themselves with grinding for half a ethernity in a open map just to get to top level. Then grinding 100's of milions for gear that will only just make the game playable and bring them 1 inch closer to those that already have loads and loads of R3 gear and etc...
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    Options
    No there wont my friend you are sadly mistaken.

You have high hopes that all those newbies playing for free will bother themselves with grinding for half a ethernity in a open map just to get to top level. Then grinding 100's of milions for gear that will only just make the game playable and bring them 1 inch closer to those that already have loads and loads of R3 gear and etc...

I did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I can't believe it... o_o

Perhaps...finally, there is hope for the game. Best pw news I've heard, EVER. Good riddance to frost. I just hope pw ignored the imminent QQ from hyper nubs and power levelers, in the long run this could go very far towards bringing back old players.

Next step, tweak all lv80-105 quests, if they can manage that within good time we might even get a proper playerbase back.
  • Abonimus - Raging Tide
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I did.

You really think anyone is gona bother to lvl and gear up till ... 2017 so they get to lvl102 and get gear that is decent ?

Considering all that is ingame already this is a wrong move if it is a move and not a bug anyway.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    Options
    You really think anyone is gona bother to lvl and gear up till ... 2017 so they get to lvl102 and get gear that is decent ?

Considering all that is ingame already this is a wrong move if it is a move and not a bug anyway.

I leveled to 100 in a year without hypers even existing.
    2017 is a ridiculously stupid exaggeration.
    I also farmed my HH gear all the way until getting 2nd cast Nirvana.
    I endlessly worked and spent time farming Nirvana.

Go make anew class. Learn the real game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

On my server they sometimes WC for glitchers offering 50K. But usually they use an alt for it. Its because of the need for a glitcher and my AOE that on my 101 seeker I can find a 99+ sin to duo FC with in about 30 seconds of WCing for one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]