No More Hyper In Frost

Options

Comments

• Abonimus - Raging Tide
    Abonimus - Raging Tide Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    BH gives you 0.01% exp at reward and that orb does not give you anything. By removing FC, you just made the game hard for low levels not for us 100+ people cuz I really have no reason to make far then 101 lvl. I am happy at 100-101 max. But what about new people? There are so so little people low levels on the game anyway and now they cant lvl up anymore and that means they will quit the game and this game from today has become a game for 100+ players only.

Well as someone who has a char at like 96 and others way lower i can tell you i wont bother myself much with this game if there is no way for me to level without grinding my *** off on a forever.

Problem is not the fact you level fast but that i need like 50m credits for 6 skills on my seeker, then 250+ milion to get armor and the accessories.

All for a game that came out in 2005.

So again why should i bother myself just to get to some "normal" playable point just to get my ars buttsexed by L3 R9 donators? I mean i love the game but not that much rofl
    Only thing worst then a troll is a brainless troll ...
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Hmm wc gonna a bit empty, with all the head sellers looking for new revenue...

Maybe a minimum lvl on fc and hypers instead... like lvl 70 - 80 to be able to hyper it

Other options...
    PV squads on hypers
    or
    Do the good old Zhen squads perhaps

Never camped FC but this bm has been there some times - my others chars is so far lvl'ed on quests and bh's
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • SeverePadron - Sanctuary
    SeverePadron - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Yeah.. sure.. we all talk about the fcc noobs. But... to be totally honest and like some others have said before.. FCC does really teach us alot about this game. I know that's where I really came to grasp with the squad concept. Way back on a "training run" like there used to be all the time. (those don't happen much now cause they pay for the "training" when they buy an exp room) It's an instance where for most of us.. unless you have advanced enough so you can solo... you depend on your squad to survive. I'ts where I learned to pay attention to others and HF, pull, stun, anti-stun, and such.. at the right time. FCC can be a really good way of learning how to work as a squad.. and learn your role in that squad. I remember running those first few FCC's and then kinda like a light bulb went on.. I finally got it.

Hate to see this instance fall into oblivion as it will if hypers aren't available there any more. Experience is the only reward (and if you take that away it isn't worth wasting time on).Where else is a lvl 70-90 going to go to have fun without ending up saying "**** this.. takes too long to lvl.."
  • Atmanorth - Harshlands
    Atmanorth - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    For most players i guess that PV is the fastest way to lvl up.
    But for sins, FC is the fastest way to xp if you know on how to manage hypers.
    For exemple i m 104 at 72.8%, and i needed like 15 days to ding 105 just by doing FC. (solo)
    I m not considering this as one more "anti-sins" update but not directly... pwi slowed down lvl up for my sin like crazy. i m not sure that most sins do like this update (like ALWAYS).b:angry
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Since there is nothing in the cabbage patch notes about taking hypers out of FC, I assume this was a mistake.

That said, all of the huffing and puffing and threatening to leave the game makes me smirk.

Players will continue to play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Abonimus - Raging Tide
    Abonimus - Raging Tide Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

Other options...
    PV squads on hypers
    or

Never camped FC but this bm has been there some times - my others chars is so far lvl'ed on quests and bh's

Mind explaining and or linking to some point that explains what those r ?

For us "newbies" ofc...
    Only thing worst then a troll is a brainless troll ...
  • Levantica - Raging Tide
    Levantica - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

Other options...
    PV squads on hypers
    or

Well what can I say? It is gonna be very hard for new players to play the game and lvl up. Now that the game only is worth for players 90+, I want to ask ....what happen to T3 gear, is it true that there is no drop now and how are we gonna get T3 weapons and gears now?
    Gm where are you? b:cry
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I gotta walk away from that, lest I be a jerk in my reply.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Mind explaining and or linking to some point that explains what those r ?

For us "newbies" ofc...

Zhen Squad:

Zone: area with LOTS of melee mobs(easier then ranged)
    Cleric-BB
    Seeker or Wiz-Cont Aoe
    Any class-puller

Drag mobs into the seeker/wiz's aoe and the BB will keep them alive. Do it as long as you wish. Only limit to this is how many herbs the AOE'r and cleric can use til they are broke. Making Phoenix Valley(PV) a better choice.
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Or archer with BoA trained on the cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I mean.. this a game we pay you guys to play. We know that mods and GM's are supposed to be monitoring all this stuff. ARE YOU THERE?

Or should we just assume that PWI has pulled another one or two or three on us and we're supposed to bend over and like it???

Balls' in your court...
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Well i've played a mystic to around lvl 66 - with out hypers or other exp boost, being fruitbacks and scrolls from Perfect questmaster. I admit it can be harder for a player there never has played pwi to lvl their first char, but they might learn more about the game and their own char than going FC from lvl 1 to 40/50/60.

PV being the Phoenix Valley Instance - even seen runs for sale lately on RT

a bit more about Zhen squads - tho some of the older players probally could tell a lot more

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/AoE_Zhenning
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    It's 7:20 PDT, GMs aren't at work yet.

Concerning learning squad dynamics... that's something we used to learn running FBs, back before BH.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Daily Quests + Phoenix Valley (PV) + Realm of Reflection = No need to grind mobs or do quests... b:bye
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Banning hypers in FF 80+ is stupid. However, I'll be interested to take another crack at my Psychic and see if the tales of "it's easy to hit 100 now with quests and dailies" is true. If I can't get a quarter to half a level a day, I call foul.

Seriously, the people who are all "Hahahaha no more hyper noobs!" never tried to level 80+ back in the old days. We would have 1/4th or less of a population on our servers if it was like it used to be.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Well I think if it was intentional they would mention it in patch notes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • akosireann
    akosireann Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    b:chuckle this just made me REALLY HAPPY...thanks for killing off future fcnoobs
    Go Pure or go Fail

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Status of PvP in RT

The best pk in Raging Tides is in World Chat- Dylena
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Banning hypers in FF 80+ is stupid. However, I'll be interested to take another crack at my Psychic and see if the tales of "it's easy to hit 100 now with quests and dailies" is true. If I can't get a quarter to half a level a day, I call foul.

Seriously, the people who are all "Hahahaha no more hyper noobs!" never tried to level 80+ back in the old days. We would have 1/4th or less of a population on our servers if it was like it used to be.

Anything is possible long as you got time.

Ways to level now:
    Public Quests(no one remembers these)
    Daily quests
    Reflection Zone
    Zhen Squad
    Phoenix Valley
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    To be honest, I 100% hope this is a mistake. FC is something the whole game grew used to and adapted around; it's kind of late to change it. The game's culture will be severely changed.

Sure, leveling with FC is a lot easier than leveling like it used to be back in the old days, but it still takes work unless you have a steady income of money. I personally find it annoying as I've been slowly leveling a mystic in my spare time; I don't care to level characters actively with a 101 cleric and 100 sin, as well as having spent countless hours leveling up friends.

Also, hypering heads+big room is only viable until a certain point. At this point, it is more beneficial to run the instance and other exp venues to earn it. This makes for squad experience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    Options
    It's 7:20 PDT, GMs aren't at work yet.

Concerning learning squad dynamics... that's something we used to learn running FBs, back before BH.
    Din know all GM's were on sertver time.. that explains alot.

Bravo for you.. you manage to grasp the concept early.. too bad you still post as lvl 81 with all your exp..
  • akosireann
    edited March 2013
    Options

Ways to level now:
    Daily quests
    Reflection Zone
    Zhen Squad
    Phoenix Valley

PQ now is manly done for the nightspike farming though at 95+ but at my former PWPhil faction we did get more pk than we bargained for when we did PQ2, it was a bonus tw at times. Lots more fun
    Go Pure or go Fail

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Status of PvP in RT

• Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    ...FC is something the whole game grew used to and adapted around; it's kind of late to change it. The game's culture will be severely changed...

Except wall of FC messages (made by other players) in WC I not saw any relation of me to FC.
  • YamamoriYuki - Raging Tide
    YamamoriYuki - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Din know all GM's were on sertver time.. that explains alot.

Bravo for you.. you manage to grasp the concept early.. too bad you still post as lvl 81 with all your exp..

What, I'm supposed to give up my post count on Mayfly (who I no longer play more often than once in a blue moon) just to show I have leveled past 80?
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    shahriva wrote: »
    What kind of sorcery is this? No more hypers wtf?
    I mean ok, if no more frosts babies than dont allow people under lvl 80+ to enter FC and everything solved. How am i supposed to level now, imma leave my char to my grand grand grand childrens so they will level her to 100 by questing daily. Hopefully is a bug cause this is gonna make so many ppl quit PWI.

Lmao I have been saying this for literally MONTHS! So in my opinion this is kind of a step in the right direction, but I have to agree with others, this is probably a bug that is going to get fixed eventually.... OR, maybe, just MAYBE, they want to see what will happen in the game community for a couple of weeks, what people will do without frost to start leveling up, trying to see if the lvl 40~80 players start using the other features of the game (BH's, normal quests and PV) to level up. So Val, when you see this, there are OTHER ways to get good exp other than just letting people throw their characters into frost, which is making it harder for people that are completely new to this game to find people to play with while they're questing, doing their BH's etc. It will be good to see people forming lowbie BH's again rather than just having some 100+ player hold their hands through it so they don't learn their class and end up, in a nutshell, not knowing how to play their role in a squad and just making other peoples gaming experience suck.

So maybe now you can see what I mean about restricting FC to people that are lvl 80+ would be a GOOD thing for this game! If this thread doesn't make that clear to you, then I don't bloody well know what will...

b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
    edited March 2013
    Options
    What, I'm supposed to give up my post count on Mayfly (who I no longer play more often than once in a blue moon) just to show I have leveled past 80?

No prob... just hard to read the roster without accurate stats.. no biggie.. play who ya want and speak under what name ya want... alot do the same.
  • Atmanorth - Harshlands
    Atmanorth - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    It doesn t seem to be an error... because you can hyper everywhere except in FC.
    I really believe that Fc is dead because they killed Nirvana before, and nirvana remains dead...

Let's get 4,263,108,185 xp just by doing quests/bh/Morai/GBQ/Cube/AEU/PV .
    Good luck if you start from lvl 1->105. b:laughb:laughb:laugh

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/XP
  • Vazil - Sanctuary
    Vazil - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I am a casual player - less than 10 hours per week on average; and I do CS occassionally. I, like several others, have mixed feelings on this...

I'm not going to complain about FCC noobs because I have no legitimate experience with them. The vast majority of players I have squaded with seemed to be pretty competent in their skills and knowledge. Perhaps this is merely a consequence of my level (<90). However, even players who've advanced (or will advance in the future) "the old fashioned way" are not guaranteed to know how to play their class well or know what they're doing in particular squads/instances.

I haven't logged in for the past 3 weeks due to burnout/boredom. I started doing FCC because it was the only way for me to level at a decent rate (did lvl 83-87 almost entirely with FCC/BH's). The last time I was online, I was doing level quests since I couldn't find an FCC squad. Kill 85 mobs for less than 0.1% of a level (0.4% for BH) was completely rediculous and that did it for me - I needed a bit of time away.

The problem I see coming is that FCC hyper will be replaced with PV zhen and the complaints will be that [insert class here] cannot get a squad because they're not as effective as [insert alternate class here] in a zhen instance/squad. The other problem I see with leveling outside of FCC is the time it takes. I cannot devote more than 2 hours max at a time in an instance, so I would be pretty much limited to one run a day IF I can find a squad.

I was actually starting to get a desire to start playing again, but not if I'm going to be stuck at level 87 for another 2 months. Level progression needs to be steady and reasonable with the promise of new gears, content, etc. to make the time spent in the game worthwhile - even for casual players. I agree that powerleveling is uneccesary, but at least provide something to marginally compensate (i.e. allow hypers, but reduce the overall experience gained in FCC to a more reasonable level; limit hypers in FCC to level 70-89; force FCC to be a full run; make FCC harder; or better yet, increase the xp rewards for quests to make them worthwhile). Right now, I'm screwed until Morai which is 2.4 levels away!

IMHO, what this game truly needs is content updates - not necessarily nerfs. I actually enjoy doing quests, but the rewards have to justify the time. I would also love to see a way for players to (as an additional option) put themselves into a "looking for squad" pool for a particular instance and once there are enough players in the pool, the squad is automatically formed (perhaps allowing some way to make sure there is a healer and a tank [multiple classes can fill these two roles] as part of the squad).

Just my 2 cents...
  • akosireann
    edited March 2013
    Options
    b:chuckle b:sad b:sadDoes that mean I need to go do base quests again to levelb:shocked
    Go Pure or go Fail

Status of PvP in RT

edited March 2013
    Options
    I am a casual player - less than 10 hours per week on average; and I do CS occassionally. I, like several others, have mixed feelings on this...

I'm not going to complain about FCC noobs because I have no legitimate experience with them. The vast majority of players I have squaded with seemed to be pretty competent in their skills and knowledge. Perhaps this is merely a consequence of my level (<90). However, even players who've advanced (or will advance in the future) "the old fashioned way" are not guaranteed to know how to play their class well or know what they're doing in particular squads/instances.

I haven't logged in for the past 3 weeks due to burnout/boredom. I started doing FCC because it was the only way for me to level at a decent rate (did lvl 83-87 almost entirely with FCC/BH's). The last time I was online, I was doing level quests since I couldn't find an FCC squad. Kill 85 mobs for less than 0.1% of a level (0.4% for BH) was completely rediculous and that did it for me - I needed a bit of time away.

The problem I see coming is that FCC hyper will be replaced with PV zhen and the complaints will be that [insert class here] cannot get a squad because they're not as effective as [insert alternate class here] in a zhen instance/squad. The other problem I see with leveling outside of FCC is the time it takes. I cannot devote more than 2 hours max at a time in an instance, so I would be pretty much limited to one run a day IF I can find a squad.

I was actually starting to get a desire to start playing again, but not if I'm going to be stuck at level 87 for another 2 months. Level progression needs to be steady and reasonable with the promise of new gears, content, etc. to make the time spent in the game worthwhile - even for casual players. I agree that powerleveling is uneccesary, but at least provide something to marginally compensate (i.e. allow hypers, but reduce the overall experience gained in FCC to a more reasonable level; limit hypers in FCC to level 70-89; force FCC to be a full run; make FCC harder; or better yet, increase the xp rewards for quests to make them worthwhile). Right now, I'm screwed until Morai which is 2.4 levels away!

IMHO, what this game truly needs is content updates - not necessarily nerfs. I actually enjoy doing quests, but the rewards have to justify the time. I would also love to see a way for players to (as an additional option) put themselves into a "looking for squad" pool for a particular instance and once there are enough players in the pool, the squad is automatically formed (perhaps allowing some way to make sure there is a healer and a tank [multiple classes can fill these two roles] as part of the squad).

Just my 2 cents...

There will ALWAYS be a ying to every yang.b:cute
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

Ways to level now:
    Daily quests
    Reflection Zone
    Zhen Squad
    Phoenix Valley

Pretty sure that you weren't around for the old school days of logging on, doing your dailies, having an empty quest log (both in current and available) and sitting on a wall bored until someone needed help with a BH/FB/Etc.

Public quest was always dominated by a few classes and making exp from that was a joke for most people.
    Dailies were good, but short lived.
    Reflection zone is a joke - it's not playing the game.
    Zhen works well, but its not as good as FF. You might get 10% from an hour.
    PV...is a daily and short lived.

FF had this wonderful effect of making you want to group 80+, having to cooperate and learn squad dynamics, making friends, and then finally getting a nice XP payoff for your time invested. You could do your dailies, and then go FF the rest of the night. Variety would be better, but Zhen is gonna get old just like FF.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5