Wendigo - Momaganon Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    dafuq are you talking about? oO
  • zigzagtigerss
    zigzagtigerss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I can't redeem the VIP flyer coupon! I go to the PWI Promotions Agent, and she doesn't give me the option to redeem it, please help :( I'ma nooooooooooob.
  • grimmunch15
    grimmunch15 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    may just b me but where do i extange the tickit ??
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Assistant NPC near bank exchanges it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • WenSon - Harshlands
    WenSon - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    5 star orbs only for gear under lvl 8 ???

who the hell refines gear under lvl 8 ???

first thought its nice, that pwi made this

but ofc...pwi wouldnt be pwi if they would not upset people...and here we go... they did it again

great job pwi

if u didnt send out these packs nothn would have happened...but now its like "hey u get 5 star orbs" >>oh thats nice<< "wait, u wont be able to use them...BASINGA"
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Options

but ofc...pwi wouldnt be pwi if they would not upset people...and here we go... they did it again

great job pwi

if u didnt send out these packs nothn would have happened...but now its like "hey u get 5 star orbs" >>oh thats nice<< "wait, u wont be able to use them...BASINGA"

Yeah because the pack totally isn't made towards the lower leveled players and they're trying to avoid having people abuse it.

It's not like they're so stupid that they don't think high levels would see 5 star orbs and try to abuse them for the free refines.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options

great job pwi

That pack is make for low levels, since there's no more supply stash.

It was said way before that the orb +5 wasn't able to be use on high level gears.

Some people doesn't power level and refine some of their gears/weap. It's not rare that I see the weapon wheel of fate lvl7 weapon for level 43+ in AH with +5 as refine, cause it's a weapon use for level 43 to at least 60. There's low level items really use for low level. (I know for the casters class there's some)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • post1e
    post1e Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options

great job pwi

I agree, in all the years of playing, i have NEVER seen a lvl 8 item with +5 refines -,-

why oh why do they do stuff like this? don't they realise what they are doing is a complete waste of time to the higher lvls? seems a bit like levelism to me, trying to keep the low lvls coz they know hardly anyone is joining any more b:sad
  • post1e
    post1e Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Yeah because the pack totally isn't made towards the lower leveled players and they're trying to avoid having people abuse it.

It's not like they're so stupid that they don't think high levels would see 5 star orbs and try to abuse them for the free refines.

And why shouldn't High lvls actually get an item that is actually USEFUL to them for once?

PWI want to keep people playing, it isn't as if it's coming out of their own pockets is it. It's just pixels on a computer screen, not REAL items you can buy from a shop. Maybe it MIGHT actually show that PWI DO care about it's players & want to keep them.
  • XxRagzxx - Sanctuary
    XxRagzxx - Sanctuary Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    post1e wrote: »
    I agree, in all the years of playing, i have NEVER seen a lvl 8 item with +5 refines -,-

why oh why do they do stuff like this? don't they realise what they are doing is a complete waste of time to the higher lvls? seems a bit like levelism to me, trying to keep the low lvls coz they know hardly anyone is joining any more b:sad

I put mine on a lvl 55 psy. The lvl 40ish armor I thought was pretty decent until I at least to get 80. Most mobs you can kill on a psy before they even get to you. So i just used the 1* and 2* orbs, miraged to 3 and 4, then used the 5*. Got the weapon and all the armor to +5 with about 150 mirages, so I didn't think that was too bad.
    Archer Build:
    pwcalc.com/d38eec6e1f27c7a6
    Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/d74f267d3be72784
  • BringinDeath - Archosaur
    BringinDeath - Archosaur Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I put mine on a lvl 55 psy. The lvl 40ish armor I thought was pretty decent until I at least to get 80. Most mobs you can kill on a psy before they even get to you. So i just used the 1* and 2* orbs, miraged to 3 and 4, then used the 5*. Got the weapon and all the armor to +5 with about 150 mirages, so I didn't think that was too bad.

ok, that's fair enough, and fair ply for you to use them in that way.

However, why items for lowish lvl when there are so many high lvls about? Should be more fair & give items from 1 to 105+, that way, high lvls won't feel so put out!
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    -facepalm-

I can't believe all the high levels complaining about a starter pack not being useful to them. No **** it isn't useful for you. It wasn't meant for you. It was meant to be a starter pack for new, lower level players. So stop complaining that you can't freely +5 your G16.

I'm glad they put the low level restriction on the orbs, because now people can't abuse them. Low levels can also afford decent gear now till they get to their TT70. All the level 101's complaining should be ashamed of yourselves for trying to abuse something implemented for low level characters.

Low level players were having a tough time making money and getting decent gear since they can't farm anything good for money anymore with DQ sucking. This is a great pack to help them get pots and armor they could use without having to spend a lot of coin they don't have. So yeah, it does make sense that the orbs are restricted to a certain level, because they are the only ones who would have real trouble doing it on their own.

There is plenty of content for higher level players, and I'm glad they are catering to the new players for a bit. They are trying to attract more new players. Giving more stuff to the high levels is not going to attract new players.
  • Shranius - Raging Tide
    Shranius - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    You still have to buy the 3 and 4 star orbs (which are not cheap) to utilize the 5 star. Then in twenty levels or so the orbs that you spent a decent amount of cash on are pretty useless, unless you can transfer the refines for even more money. Why, would PWI give this away to bring new players in when they are gonna have to drop a lot of cash right away? I can't see a level 40 character that's new to the game out grinding for hundreds of millions in coins to buy these orbs that are needed for using the 5 star. So unless you have an alt get the pack I can't see a new guy really getting much out of the orbs. So why put them in at all? Everything else you offered was a great idea. On the other hand the person who came up with the idea of the orbs being put in, well I will be nice
  • XxRagzxx - Sanctuary
    XxRagzxx - Sanctuary Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    You still have to buy the 3 and 4 star orbs (which are not cheap) to utilize the 5 star. Then in twenty levels or so the orbs that you spent a decent amount of cash on are pretty useless, unless you can transfer the refines for even more money. Why, would PWI give this away to bring new players in when they are gonna have to drop a lot of cash right away? I can't see a level 40 character that's new to the game out grinding for hundreds of millions in coins to buy these orbs that are needed for using the 5 star. So unless you have an alt get the pack I can't see a new guy really getting much out of the orbs. So why put them in at all? Everything else you offered was a great idea. On the other hand the person who came up with the idea of the orbs being put in, well I will be nice

Read up at my post to use the best way to utilize the orbs.

This was to supplement for the quest being removed for the supply chest. It wasn't meant for high lvls to use period.
    Archer Build:
    pwcalc.com/d38eec6e1f27c7a6
    Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/d74f267d3be72784
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    -facepalm-

I can't believe all the high levels complaining about a starter pack not being useful to them. No **** it isn't useful for you. It wasn't meant for you. It was meant to be a starter pack for new, lower level players. So stop complaining that you can't freely +5 your G16.

I'm glad they put the low level restriction on the orbs, because now people can't abuse them. Low levels can also afford decent gear now till they get to their TT70. All the level 101's complaining should be ashamed of yourselves for trying to abuse something implemented for low level characters.

Low level players were having a tough time making money and getting decent gear since they can't farm anything good for money anymore with DQ sucking. This is a great pack to help them get pots and armor they could use without having to spend a lot of coin they don't have. So yeah, it does make sense that the orbs are restricted to a certain level, because they are the only ones who would have real trouble doing it on their own.

There is plenty of content for higher level players, and I'm glad they are catering to the new players for a bit. They are trying to attract more new players. Giving more stuff to the high levels is not going to attract new players.

^ Completely agree, although I find it funny that my level 21 seeker is running around with what appears to be the Morai HA b:chuckle I am definitely looking forward to leveling her again without worrying about gear for a while :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Shranius - Raging Tide
    Shranius - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I didn't say anything about high levels not being able to use, I said for low levels how is the 5 star used without spend cash.. You answered that so thanks, as for the high level people complaining, well
    as my wife says "sucks to be you"!
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    They should redo this with a different code next week if there's still unclaimed ones. Want to gear up my bank alts. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I will have the most awesome lvl 24 Hay farming alt out there b:victory

....although my level 35 bank mats farming alt with 2 x fiends rings is pretty awesome too b:laugh
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I will have the most awesome lvl 24 Hay farming alt out there b:victory

....although my level 35 bank mats farming alt with 2 x fiends rings is pretty awesome too b:laugh

I am having a blast on my level 50 Leather-farming toon. b:victory
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Give us a pack that let's us +10 level 30 gear.
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Give us a pack that let's us +10 level 30 gear.

All trolling and joking aside. I would dig this. b:cute I would love to have my Leather farming alt to have +10 on all her gear...with another pack. b:chuckle
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    It's nice that they give away free stuff. But if this was a plan to attract new people then it wasn't well thought-out.

People which are new to game don't read forums + facebook site normally.

Also the time frame to get it is too small. How many people started this/last month? And what's with the people which start next month?

They give away op gear to motivate people to play the game at low levels? But why do they give a timed +30% exp boots item and pv items in addtion? This will just motivate people to power level fast.

Btw, I'd also power level fast. And maybe I would use the 5* orbs to make divine contract weapon +5. At least you can trade that one by account stash and you don't have to waste coins for a binding charm. I hope most people know that you can also use a 5* to make something +3 and +4. So they don't waste mirages on lowbie stuff...

When you have a 100+ character there is no reason to play the game at low levels because it doesn't prepare you for high levels. A pvp event like nw for lowbies would be nice. And rewards should be character bound book credit cards. This way you can play your lowbie and have a long time motivation to level up.

Btw, the 5* orb descritptions says that you can only refine items which are lower than g8. So you can't refine g8 with it, just up to g7, right? Anyone tried?
  • mystryst
    mystryst Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    A PvP event would be neat.. something like a training session with seasoned types giving tips or something? I get 1 shot killed everytime I try to walk around in the secret passage.. and avoid duels... and factions... maybe I'm just too much of a loner for an mmorg.

I noticed a few young players like me in a faction I was in the other day (which I left.. I run away from those too)...they didn't know about the dreamchaser pack, so I urged them to go get it. One player even signed up to facebook for it, after I mentioned the freeness of the goodies. I figure the dreamy pack helped them notice the fb page, this place, how to redeem something, etc. Good stuff.

...but I dunno if the timeframe is bad.. that's why it's a treat and not something everyone automatically gets. It's like russian roulette, but you get a blue bear instead of a bullet through your head... and for the people signing up in a month, I'm sure another treat will come along eventually.

I had/have no clue about the orbs.. I'm all newbish. Thanks for the tip. I'm going to try to refine the heck out of my armour in hopes I can wear it a long long time. I look waaay hot.
  • mythic1bard
    mythic1bard Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    When I try to redeem the code I get an error message that reads: Generic

I made a new character, I thought with this pack it would be a great time to try a new class. So do I have to wait a certain amount of time after I make a character before I can redeem the code?
  • stargatez13
    stargatez13 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    This is ridiculous. I see tons of high level 100's with this pack riding around on a max level 8 mount. Is meant for LOW levels, not for anybody just to take so they can't get one. Want to know why this game is dying? Selfish people who only care about themselves.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    This is ridiculous. I see tons of high level 100's with this pack riding around on a max level 8 mount. Is meant for LOW levels, not for anybody just to take so they can't get one. Want to know why this game is dying? Selfish people who only care about themselves.

In all fairness if I had known these things were giving out 5 star dragon orbs I would've gotten one myself... Those are not exactly lowbie stuff...
  • Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    In all fairness if I had known these things were giving out 5 star dragon orbs I would've gotten one myself... Those are not exactly lowbie stuff...

Kind of "BLUH" with the orbs since they are only for level 8 gear or less TT_TT
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Oh, thanks man, good to know. I wasn't missing out on anything then...
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Oh, thanks man, good to know. I wasn't missing out on anything then...

But that is still why all of the high levels got the packs. In this list posted here it said nothing about restrictions. So everyone saw 5* orbs and ran off to get a pack on every account.

In the future they should provide more accurate descriptions and maybe things would have been a little different. They should also tell you which items can't be account stashed so you can choose a character more wisely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    But that is still why all of the high levels got the packs. In this list posted here it said nothing about restrictions. So everyone saw 5* orbs and ran off to get a pack on every account.

In the future they should provide more accurate descriptions and maybe things would have been a little different. They should also tell you which items can't be account stashed so you can choose a character more wisely.

I do agree with this. I generally think the Dreamchaser pack wasn't handled very well. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
This discussion has been closed.