Want the new Dreamchaser Pack?

Options
v4liance
v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion
Hey folks,

We're going to be giving out the brand new Dreamchaser starter kit, filled with incredible weapons, armor, buffs, and more for low level characters!

UPDATE:

And it's up! Head to this post and get the code!

On Wednesday at 3pm PST, I'll be posting a code on Facebook, redeemable once per account. But how many accounts?

That's up to you!

Head over to the PWI Facebook page, and Like or Share our post. The more likes and shares we get, the more packs can be redeemed! Don't let yourself miss out! Get enough packs out there so you can get one!

From now until Tuesday 7pm, you can help us add the number of packs we'll be giving ou! Don't let this one slip you by! This pack is amazing!

Check out the full list of items you can get!

- Hey, You!
Post edited by v4liance on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    So bascially we're giving you advertisement but we only get something from it if we're fast enough to claim one after...

Do we really have to make the freebies competitive too now? Thought this was a game to have fun :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I want this, would be able to +5 all my G16 armour then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • _Chu_ - Raging Tide
    _Chu_ - Raging Tide Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    i want :0
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    It will be good for low levels, too bad you have some people wanting to update their G16 armor with it instead of letting low levels have it. Oh well.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    It will be good for low levels, too bad you have some people wanting to update their G16 armor with it instead of letting low levels have it. Oh well.

Times are tough for the people that can't do NW or don't do well in it. Constant 2x has made farming for money pretty painful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Kremia - Lost City
    Kremia - Lost City Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Awesome!
    i wont be home at that time -.-
    lets not make it on weekend they said, everyone will be happy they said
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    Options

Of course everyone wants it, it's free stuffs! *-*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Considering yesterday I de-liked PWI on my FB page after only clicking like two days ago, I think I will pass. I would feel guilty if any of my friends had seen the post about me liking the game, only to find out its more broken than a 1987 Yugo driving cross country in the Sahara in the middle of the summer without oil in the engine and water for the driver.

And I will no longer be helping stuff the faces of devs on the other side of the world with Kung Pao chicken with my money either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Wait, I'm confused. Will this code be universal and is everyone at a equal opportunity?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I want this, would be able to +5 all my G16 armour then.

At the cost of sounding like Derpy, what if the stones are unusable for under a certain grade of armor or untradeable?

And also, making money has been hard because of this lengthy 2x, I know it seemed like a good idea, but please v4l, have a look around the forum to see how this is affecting us and decide to turn it off on the next path update b:surrender
    You may also want to look at this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    So someone can like and share the link and could not even get the pack?

Some people have 10 accounts while other have 1, but the people with 10 will just like 1 time and could get 10 packs while others with 1 account could not get the pack?

That pack should be give to people with a char lvl 50 less, the pack look really good, but all the gears/weap/ornament won't be by people high level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Ianah - Dreamweaver
    Ianah - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    So bascially we're giving you advertisement but we only get something from it if we're fast enough to claim one after...

Do we really have to make the freebies competitive too now? Thought this was a game to have fun :/

I don't see how people would need to compete for this. On the Facebook page it says:

"From now until Tuesday at 7pm, however many Likes this post receives, we'll GIVE AWAY that many packs. And however many Shares this receives.... well, those'll be worth 100 packs each!"

Unless I'm reading this wrong, each person could contribute 100 Dreamchaser Packs to the community [1 for him/herself and 100 for everyone else] just by clicking "Like" and "Share". If everyone who wanted one were to only click "Like" there would be enough for all of us to get a pack each.

Even if 90% of the game population is aware of this but decides to not like or share the post, as long as the remaining 10% does both there should still be enough for everyone. I don't see why someone who wants the pack wouldn't do either though. I know I did both just in case an overwhelming majority of the playerbase either decides to be lazy or lacks a Facebook account.
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I don't see how people would need to compete for this. On the Facebook page it says:

"From now until Tuesday at 7pm, however many Likes this post receives, we'll GIVE AWAY that many packs. And however many Shares this receives.... well, those'll be worth 100 packs each!"

Unless I'm reading this wrong, each person could contribute 100 Dreamchaser Packs to the community [1 for him/herself and 100 for everyone else] just by clicking "Like" and "Share". If everyone who wanted one were to only click "Like" there would be enough for all of us to get a pack each.

Even if 90% of the game population is aware of this but decides to not like or share the post, as long as the remaining 10% does both there should still be enough for everyone. I don't see why someone who wants the pack wouldn't do either though. I know I did both just in case an overwhelming majority of the playerbase either decides to be lazy or lacks a Facebook account.

Some people have 10 accounts, if they like 1 time on FB, but get a pack on 10 accounts, 9 people that liked it could not get the packs.

I don't doubt a lot of people will like, but not everyone will share for some reasons, but I guess we will see maybe everyone will get one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ianah - Dreamweaver
    Ianah - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Some people have 10 accounts, if they like 1 time on FB, but get a pack on 10 accounts, 9 people that liked it could not get the packs.

I don't doubt a lot of people will like, but not everyone will share for some reasons.

Oh, I hadn't taken that into consideration. Fair point then. In that case, let's just hope that enough people share the post so everyone can get one on all their accounts.

Also, to add onto my previous comment when I said that only those who are lazy wouldn't at leas "Like" the post:
    Considering yesterday I de-liked PWI on my FB page after only clicking like two days ago, I think I will pass. I would feel guilty if any of my friends had seen the post about me liking the game, only to find out its more broken than a 1987 Yugo driving cross country in the Sahara in the middle of the summer without oil in the engine and water for the driver.

And I will no longer be helping stuff the faces of devs on the other side of the world with Kung Pao chicken with my money either.

This is, in my opinion, a perfectly valid reason to not "Like" the post, but I don't think that people like him should be excluded from receiving the Pack just for being honest which is why I hope there's enough packs for everyone.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Oh nice the armor and stuff is tradeable for blinking poultices, I need some more of those.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I'd love to like this, if it meant I could get a pack for my account. But seeing it's "like this and maybe get a piece of the total cake" ... bleh. Doesn't sound fair to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I'd love to like this, if it meant I could get a pack for my account. But seeing it's "like this and maybe get a piece of the total cake" ... bleh. Doesn't sound fair to me.

Yea, cause that mean some people can not like it go there Wednesday take the code and get a pack that someone that shared and liked it won't get.

They should make it that people that didn't like OR shared it cannot get one, that would be more fair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• KeithKush - Dreamweaver
    KeithKush - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    The +5 orb can only be used on g8 and below armor and it has to be bound lol
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options

Oh good. Means there is no reason for high level people to get it.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options

That is interesting, it's the 2nd time I read someone say this. Could you take a ss of the orb's description, it is a really curious string of requirements. One could, at least, +5 their lvl 60 rank chest piece with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    hmmm... I wonder if you can take the g8 armour and transfer refinement via the Elder? again... hmmm. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    Options

I'd like to know where you got this info from, it doesn't state that on here
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Yay another pack b:irritated b:irritated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lord_Mot - Harshlands
    Lord_Mot - Harshlands Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Here's the SS. I was majorly bummed when I discovered I couldn't use it on high level gear :(

I sent the pack to my 101 Barb, thinking I could use the 5* D orbs, but the only things I could really use were the guardian scrolls, the 1* and 2* orbs (might save a few mirages), the teleport stones, and about 2 dozen blinking poultices. Oh yes, I almost forgot about the squirrel pet
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world... those that understand binary and those that don't.b:chuckle
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    wow, pwi gave out a whopping 100 packs on Friday. totally failed as a starter kit since it really isn't available. How about just giving all players 182 tokens to make one instead?
  • BringinDeath - Archosaur
    BringinDeath - Archosaur Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Why bother guys? if it's like the packs just lately, they will be scraping the bottom of the barrel for prizes so it will most likely be a 7 day item that is a complete waste of time.

And, PWI, at least get my LEVEL right ffs!!!
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    At least this fuster cluck of a pack is aptly named. Seems in this game, anything of worth is chasing a dream.

Then again from the looks of it, the pack isn't with the hassle. Sorry, just an honest opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Of course everyone wants it, it's free stuffs! *-*

It`s not free, you are advertising their game!
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Most of the items are not timed.

I highlighted items that are timed for viewing ease. Anything not put in pink in Minx's list (Thanks, Vicious!) is not timed. Notable ones include all the d.orbs, all the armor, and the flyer.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Here's the SS. I was majorly bummed when I discovered I couldn't use it on high level gear :(

I sent the pack to my 101 Barb, thinking I could use the 5* D orbs, but the only things I could really use were the guardian scrolls, the 1* and 2* orbs (might save a few mirages), the teleport stones, and about 2 dozen blinking poultices. Oh yes, I almost forgot about the squirrel pet

Thanks for clarifying, now we know for sure to send it on a low level alt :) .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.