PVP in Secret Passage

Options

Comments

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    so just turn pk off? or does it automatically turn you white named upon entering the instance?

If you're blue named in a forced PVP instance, you can still be killed. But you cannot drop. SP won't let you drop anyway, but even it they did not have that protection a blue named player still wouldn't. In addition since they aren't white named, any where else they go they are not kill-able. eg in warsong, sp, and in cube.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Boots_Elf - Sanctuary
    Boots_Elf - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The problem Venus is we have been through this 2 other times before and people complained and the GMs turned it back.. so why did they go for a third time when it has the exact same results? The definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Its already been proven time and time again.. on all servers..PVP and PVE that the pkers cant and wont behave.. So why force pvp on people who specifically join a pve server.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The problem Venus is we have been through this 2 other times before and people complained and the GMs turned it back.. so why did they go for a third time when it has the exact same results? The definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Its already been proven time and time again.. on all servers..PVP and PVE that the pkers cant and wont behave.. So why force pvp on people who specifically join a pve server.

Eh the rules weren't as strict those times either. I don't see the harm in trying, they can always revert the rules. In the first post they already said they would. I was just in there on my bm a few hours ago and had no problems. Last time no matter the time or day I was constantly being killed the second I stepped in. I'm hoping it goes better this time and if not, they have already stated the rule change option is always there. If you remember, I was one of the ones mad about this change the first time too. This time the rules are different and I'm hoping for a different outcome. Time will tell.

• condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I see all the written down, pat answers like in tech support coming from the gm's. They knew ahead of time the DQ nerf, the SP being reverted back to pk, the NW war rewards that gave away for free what took many years to get, the coins they stole out of our inventories from things we had stashed, and never once said a thing about it before hand. And believe me, they surely DID know before hand.
  • Aracnius - Dreamweaver
    Aracnius - Dreamweaver Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    don't we have BT every night for open PK?

don't see the point in trying to make this open PvP, no matter what you do, there is going to be more headaches and drama then need be dealt with
    on top of that, i don't see even half of the PWI population reading past Hey You's first sentence >.>

i don't go in Secret Passage, or have any need to but...
    why?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:surrender
    -Waiting for the day they replace these stupid bear smilies with monkey ones
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Makes me glad I did Silver Frost on my seeker the night before expansion came out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • evil013
    evil013 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Can we rename Secret Passage the AOE Kill Zone nowb:laugh Try and take a low cha through that and not die. I swear they AOE just to accidently kill us b:surrender
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Eh the rules weren't as strict those times either. I don't see the harm in trying, they can always revert the rules. In the first post they already said they would. I was just in there on my bm a few hours ago and had no problems. Last time no matter the time or day I was constantly being killed the second I stepped in. I'm hoping it goes better this time and if not, they have already stated the rule change option is always there. If you remember, I was one of the ones mad about this change the first time too. This time the rules are different and I'm hoping for a different outcome. Time will tell.

How will you be able to make an accurate decision from tickets when most of us will just leave your stupid PvP game because you lot are compulsive liars, and keep insisting this is a PvE game.
    Right now I know what I will recommend if anyone asks about PWI, take a guess.
    It should not be hard to work out.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The GMs have no control over what changes are made. The devs in China do. And in their version, SP is always pvp enabled. So when we get big updates, we get their version of SP stuck in the coding. Our GMs can't edit the coding, so we have to wait for the devs to change it.

And since they have it as a feature, they don't always change it quickly.

I thankfully didn't get poked in there today while helping with an fb29. Then again, it was barren at the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Mufussa - Raging Tide
    Mufussa - Raging Tide Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    lol you read all the BS posted here and seriously , if you want to try and police it go right ahead, but put a GM in there 24/7 , its the only way.

This is the 4th? time PK has been enabled back in SP and really are you damn crazy ? enabling PK in a BH29 instance that not only ppl need to go into for BH but you also need to go in for other guests such as killing silverfrost for the wraiths ploy quest chain.

Forcing ppl to use the tele system to get to BH shouldnt be a choice one has to make because a bunch of PK'rs are AOEing eh other and someone runs past and gets caught up in it all !

Please be reminded this is a PvE server , people are playing here because it was their choice as apposed to a PvP server, if ppl want to PK go PK why do they need a "saftey zone" that isnt safe for anyone else ? what a f.k.n joke.

If ppl that pk need a " safety zone " you have heaps of places on the map im sure you could do this with rather than the insane spot of secret passage.

Personally i would like to see a " public log " of the people you ban! cause i don't believe you will ! Get rid of PK in SP , problem solvered !!

PS kun kun is dead, that is all
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    Options
    How will you be able to make an accurate decision from tickets when most of us will just leave your stupid PvP game because you lot are compulsive liars, and keep insisting this is a PvE game.
    Right now I know what I will recommend if anyone asks about PWI, take a guess.
    It should not be hard to work out.

I'm a player, just like you.

• evil013
    evil013 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The GMs have no control over what changes are made. The devs in China do. And in their version, SP is always pvp enabled. So when we get big updates, we get their version of SP stuck in the coding. Our GMs can't edit the coding, so we have to wait for the devs to change it.

And since they have it as a feature, they don't always change it quickly.

I thankfully didn't get poked in there today while helping with an fb29. Then again, it was barren at the time.

They dont have to chage it - just make it bannable. Really look at all the complaints AGAINb:surrender How many pages was it last time before they listened to the playerbase? do we have to do it all again?
  • Shikiyu - Heavens Tear
    Shikiyu - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Thank you for answering my previous thread v4l
    a safe pvp zone is a great thing, as long as people dont abuse it
    i hope people will be able to restrain themselves enough in order to keep it this way until another solution can be found

abuse... any high level player kill when they have a chance to raise the pvp kill counts or if they have a desire to kill for fun
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    Options
    evil013 wrote: »
    They dont have to chage it - just make it bannable. Really look at all the complaints AGAINb:surrender How many pages was it last time before they listened to the playerbase? do we have to do it all again?

Nope. They essentially have made it bannable. You can't attack anyone who doesn't want to be attacked. They just aren't banning people that just want to be polite and have a little fun with their friends. Any other non-consensual PK is bannable. 3 days at the minimum. It wasn't turned on by them and if it becomes bad they can change the rules. For now, let's all just see how it goes. There is no harm in trying just for a little while, right?

• Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    evil013 wrote: »
    True, I was posting that as a response to the crazy people that think the GMs do this on purpose. <_< They have as little control over the PVP switch in SP as we do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    abuse... any high level player kill when they have a chance to raise the pvp kill counts or if they have a desire to kill for fun

Disabling the PvP kill count in Secret Passage and the first room of Cube would probably discourage people from griefing others...

But again, the best way to prevent PKing to happen in both areas would be to make so it does not happen (and ask programmers to not enable it by accident in the future).

That reminds me of the bobblehead tiger preset... I was surprised to not see him around this expansion. *shrugs*
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Crystyl - Dreamweaver
    Crystyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    So actually I can just put "DO NOT PK THIS CHARACTER" in yellow letters over my head and all the pk'rs in SP will respect that and not kill me?..............yeah right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Actually the Mayans predicted the end of Twinkies!
  • Spectralis - Sanctuary
    Spectralis - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    This is the worsest decision i have seen in this game for a long time. U are just puttin this very simple according to ur thinking: 1) Free PvP area, 2) Summit a ticket to punish the offenders, 3) Do the same thing again. Instead of this, why don't u assign a GM to constantly watch the SP's pkers?, that would save u and us the time for summoning the ticket.

GM's are really unaware of how bad some ppl behave while in PvP mode, now imagine how they would act with a free area for their plessure?. Being reported is something they care less, cause simply they will accept the punishment, and come back later.

Why don't u create another place and move the SP's quests there?. On this way u can please everyone; pkers, who usually has nothing better to do in this game and want to spoil it , and ppl who really want to play it.

Probably the next time, u will announce everyone here which is the next FB area , also converted to a free pking area too.

Dont forget to eliminate the PvP mode buttom also, it is no longer needed on this game.
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Turning a instance like SP into PvP zone is very stupid and bad idea because there are low lvl players who go there to do there quest /BH /FB etc ,allowing SP to PvP zone is like blocking them from doing those quest.
    First turning low lvl DQ mats price into 1 coin and now changing SP into PvP ? wow
    I SAY NO !

Btw Val aka Hey You can you give us a update or put a light regarding the price of low tier DQ mats and on the crash of Nirvana market ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Selenenefyr - Dreamweaver
    Selenenefyr - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ok so i was here the first time SP was made into a bloodbath zone and i see no reason whatsoever to think this time will be any different then the times before, and any who really thinks it might be is deluded.
    let me point out something that maybe the devs have forgotten.
    the resetting of SP to a pk zone had a direct correlation to the lose of what was it 35% of their revenue, which has not come back. i remember that just before the stupidity of the bloody zone of SP you had to fight for a spot on the platform to get BHs. that is now a thing of the past
    and on a good day you might find 60 toons there at one time including the wine vendors. wake up pwe and smell the lost revenue,is it possible that you wish to loose even more of your player base?
    you want your profit margins to go back to what they were? LISTEN TO YOUR PLAYER BASE. the old addage is "you can lead a mule to water but you cant make him drink" seems that pwe's answer to this is to keep on trying, let me tell ya folks at some point the mule will kick you as you have severly annoyed him. each time this has been done the overwhelming response has been exactly the same a small amount like the idea and the majority of the people were highly irratated about it some to the point of quiting the game altogether. im sure i am not the only one to have seen this pattern of behavior, and each time it seems the player base gets smaller. those of us still here are here because we love playing this game, but even we die hard fans of what we consider to be a excellent game are at some point gonna say GOOD DAY SIR and depart our beloved game.
    thank you for time.
    Selene Nefyr
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ok so i was here the first time SP was made into a bloodbath zone and i see no reason whatsoever to think this time will be any different then the times before, and any who really thinks it might be is deluded.
    let me point out something that maybe the devs have forgotten.
    the resetting of SP to a pk zone had a direct correlation to the lose of what was it 35% of their revenue, which has not come back. i remember that just before the stupidity of the bloody zone of SP you had to fight for a spot on the platform to get BHs. that is now a thing of the past
    and on a good day you might find 60 toons there at one time including the wine vendors. wake up pwe and smell the lost revenue,is it possible that you wish to loose even more of your player base?
    you want your profit margins to go back to what they were? LISTEN TO YOUR PLAYER BASE. the old addage is "you can lead a mule to water but you cant make him drink" seems that pwe's answer to this is to keep on trying, let me tell ya folks at some point the mule will kick you as you have severly annoyed him. each time this has been done the overwhelming response has been exactly the same a small amount like the idea and the majority of the people were highly irratated about it some to the point of quiting the game altogether. im sure i am not the only one to have seen this pattern of behavior, and each time it seems the player base gets smaller. those of us still here are here because we love playing this game, but even we die hard fans of what we consider to be a excellent game are at some point gonna say GOOD DAY SIR and depart our beloved game.
    thank you for time.
    Selene Nefyr
    Nice story, but people who quit just cause they are butthurt that they died. They chose to go there. Theres a thing called illusion stone. Use it. And exactly how many lvl 40-49's do you see running around?

Val, i agree that the instance you chose was terrible. Have you ever thought about choosing another instance where lvl80's+ can only go? Can't remember this place's name, but there were alot of hallways
  • TexanTank - Raging Tide
    TexanTank - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Since I've started playing I've never seen the arena open.
    why not try to get that reopened and make it safe pvp, no xp lost and no gear dropped and any level can enter.
    Even better have it balanced where when you enter you are sent to a level restricted zone
    so you can fight people around your level.

Something like..
    Level
    1-45 Learn how skills work in pve and pvp
    46-59 Learn how to use their 2 spark skills
    60-74 Getting their first TT60-70 weapon
    75-88 Being able to use Crabs and Herbs
    89-95 Learn how to use their 3 spark skills
    96-105 (enter high level info here) b:surrender I'm only level 91.

Would be great to also have a squad mode, letting players practice TW style.
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Nice story, but people who quit just cause they are butthurt that they died. They chose to go there. Theres a thing called illusion stone. Use it. And exactly how many lvl 40-49's do you see running around?

Val, i agree that the instance you chose was terrible. Have you ever thought about choosing another instance where lvl80's+ can only go? Can't remember this place's name, but there were alot of hallways

What are you on, I have never killed or been killed there yet,
    but dammit I hate when I am sold a car and get a lemon.
    I sure as heck am not buying from that car maker again,
    and I do not care how many new models they bring out I will tell everyone about the lemon they sold me instead of the car I asked for.

Substitute PvE game for car
    PvP game as Lemon
    PWI car maker.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    b:surrender As much as I am against pvp in SP, I'd just like to emphasize that our GMs didn't do this on purpose and don't have control over SP resetting into a pvp instance like it is on the chinese servers. But for every person that realizes this, there are a hundred more that are still under the impression that PWI is doing this on purpose.

We just get the stuff China has. China has pvp in sp. They don't realize before hand that we don't want pvp in sp, since they're so busy making sure all the new stuff works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• TheFire - Lost City
    TheFire - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ok why not make the PVP zone in Glee.Theres no real bosses in there that you need cuz most dont do that quest any way as far as i know.you dont need any thing for that instance for you culty,or to lvl its just a dead instance.it would be better alround if you just id that.then no one would QQ about it cuz if you dont whant to PVP then you wouldent go there.there would be no need for SS for PVP(and really SS only shows you what the person sending you the SS whants to see.)cuz the same thing is going to happen that happened last time.how meany pages did yall get about this the first time?
    just make it in Glee already and be done with it.to meany lowbies need stuff in SP.also WTS BodyGurd services for SP lol.or is this the new way ayll whant us to make money?ijs b:chuckle
  • Starr - Harshlands
    Starr - Harshlands Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    is there a reason they felt the need to change this? or just random. seems like a really poor choice to reverse a very controversial decision for no apparent reason. if i were to hazard a guess i would say the vote to keep it a pve instance would be like 1/10,000. because every server has that 1 idiot lvl 105 who feels the need to pk lvl 30's
    the good Starr
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    is there a reason they felt the need to change this? or just random. seems like a really poor choice to reverse a very controversial decision for no apparent reason. if i were to hazard a guess i would say the vote to keep it a pve instance would be like 1/10,000. because every server has that 1 idiot lvl 105 who feels the need to pk lvl 30's

b:sweat Welcome to the 100.
    b:surrender As much as I am against pvp in SP, I'd just like to emphasize that our GMs didn't do this on purpose and don't have control over SP resetting into a pvp instance like it is on the chinese servers. But for every person that realizes this, there are a hundred more that are still under the impression that PWI is doing this on purpose.

We just get the stuff China has. China has pvp in sp. They don't realize before hand that we don't want pvp in sp, since they're so busy making sure all the new stuff works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Why don't you guys just make theater of blood perm open? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Khallie - Sanctuary
    Khallie - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I honestly dont trust you guys to carry out the bans. It never happened when it was a bannable offence before so why should now be any differant?? I had an alt pk'd in there, sent in ticket wiht screenshot and he wasnt banned.

You will have a bunch of high level idiots running around SP pking everything in site and be damned with the consrquences because they know with PWI track record, the chances are nothing will be done.
  • LaPetiteMort - Dreamweaver
    LaPetiteMort - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    sry to tell you bu already having issues with jack ***** killing low lvl players i and about 15 faction mater had to go escort another faction mate to his quest in sp so all in all i say fail