Main Discussion about NW pricing and effect on game

Options

Comments

• Azzazzzin - Archosaur
    Azzazzzin - Archosaur Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    b:chuckle just curious if the other servers have seen what Nw has done to the Rap /cans Craze from 1.5m a rap to 200k , cannie from 400k to 50k b:laugh....overnight

ty PWIb:victory

p.s. will whats your thoughts.....will we continue to see raps/cans worthlessb:shocked
    You must first seek to understand before being understood. b:shutup
  • Janalla - Heavens Tear
    Janalla - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Ok im a CSer but its nice to give the people that dont cs or dont have much time to play to farm coin or do nirvy , a chance to obtain raps and cannys for nirvana gear. Im glad they added cannys-raps also cause alot of the non aps players or high ref players that cant do nirvy
    due to people thinking only aps ect players can do it , actually have a chance to become well geared players without having to spend their life on the game or their paychecks to get what they need . The economy was fine even back then when gold was only 80k each lol and charms were 100k each ect . Its just in your heads that if prices drop that the game will stop lol . Well it wont lol . the people that are mad are the 1s that r greedy and now cant make a dime by overpriced raps and cannys lol . Ty PW for actually thinking of the people that could never get into nirvy to obtain what they need for decent gear due to picky players not letting certain geared people in cause of their gear , kinda sad and noone to blame but themselves for this lol . Nirvy can be done easily with tt 99 geared players lol . Especially it gives the younger players thats not too skilled in playing pwi ( age 8+) that do like pwi a chance to get gear also . Ok yeah alot of misspelling on my part lol its 6 am and just wore up for work lol .But anyways ty again for thinking of those that could never get in a nirvy sq or farm enough coin to get nirvy gear . Lol i got my stage 3 stuff , im just happy for others cause im not greedy and i actually think of others than myself .

ty Janalla ( cleric )
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    They're ~100-120k per canny and ~500-550k per rapture here in RT. That's after both nights of NW.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    They're ~100-120k per canny and ~500-550k per rapture here in RT. That's after both nights of NW.

Same for Dreamweaver.
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Good points, but holy "lol" over-indulgence. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Same for Dreamweaver.

Same for Heavens Tear ! b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Great post! This is the mindset that I think people should take towards this expansion. A way to improve yourself. Not think of everything you've done to this day worthless.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I guess more people in Lost City and Archosaur overreacted to this update.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Great post! This is the mindset that I think people should take towards this expansion. A way to improve yourself. Not think of everything you've done to this day worthless.

Agreed.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

Same for HL, thought I sold my cannies for 150k tonight, but that was a guy that was hurry to get his cannies. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Esfandiyar - Dreamweaver
    Esfandiyar - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    in most servers there one or two faction that got the best players in the server and no other faction can have a fun TW against them, in other hand there are so many players with very good gears that are in non TW factions, they love there friends and there faction so they don't wanna leave them just to experience PvP in TW.
    I think, this new update is a great chance for ppl to experience a mass PvP in a fair and fun way, I always liked CTF(Capture The Flag) scenario and looks like it works great in PWI too.b:victory
    Victorious warriors win first then go to war,while defeated warriors go to war first then seek to win.
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I guess more people in Lost City and Archosaur overreacted to this update.

in LC its around 400k RAP and 100-110k for cannys
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    well let me add that a lot of people are buying for 400k but selling for 800k
  • XRysanx - Lost City
    XRysanx - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    What chan said and i have also seen people selling 999000 or somewhere around that.

I when to war on my lvl70 seeker got 18 tokens made raps and got 7.3 mill and now i got all my gear for lvl80 wep and all and next week i will be starting to merchant because im a liitle worried that the prices might drop to low for raps and cannies soon but i can be wrong XD
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Expansion effects on game, another side of the story
    The line is still dropping and so will the profits of running it.

http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/pwrd/interactive-chart?timeframe=5d&charttype=line

Now I am pretty sure I get why Frankie left saw this coming a mile away lol
    Sry you are stuck with the mess V4L. good luck.

One last thought before I shut my mouth.

It is nice to fly through Dreamweaver without lagging as bad now due to the lower server numbers because living in Australia and using wireless dongle can be a real pain when on a crowded server,
    also DCs seem less frequent since nearly 1 in 3 left.

See even I can find a positive.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Accalica - Heavens Tear
    Accalica - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I liked doing NW last night, eventho I'm no PvPer but i thought I'd try it for debating reasons. What my fac and squad accomplished in 2 hours, scared me for PWI economy even more. Seeing how I, in a losing nation, totally lost and confused on what to do, yet gained a hella lot of tokens. Those tokens equal up to the whole income and alot more than i'd have spamming caster nirvana for a week, and I'm an r9 caster with corona talisman access..meaning I can spam those alot, and fast if I so want to.

But for how long will this cashcow live and provide high coin income? How long will the demand for these mats be here and sustain the current coin income? (Not very long if this is how much it pumps out every week).
    And what will the high coin income to every person atm who doesnt need the mats, create?
    Pretty simple, as everyones got easy access (for now) to 50-200mil a week, prices on things will rise..and not by a little, I'm talking skyrocket. Gold, gems, tokens (they create the now Oh so needed new immacs, as nirvana was the main flawless market, people will reside to buying them mainly that way or AH in my opinion) everything will be effected. The ones like me, who cannot do NW in our timezone, won't have this heavy coin flow the first weeks, but as so many others participate, they'll be enough to have this impact on the economy. This leaves a huge playerbase out of the new fortune.

But once this whole demand for mats decline drastically, then where do we get the coin, considering so many will still have token mats to sell but there arnt gonna be enough buyers? Prices on the market are known to stick to the old prices eventho players economy don't fit it, so I see great problems arriving with that. The coin flow will reside to already stated instances, and those are very slow income sources, which once again, only will benefit the hardworking people.

'Yay, less coin on the market!' Ya, economy will or may eventually stabilize as people won't have any more high n fast coin markets to turn to..but to what price? This removed the endgame goal in gear for many, many people or forced them to PK to gain (and peoples goals remain auto completed). I doubt many will stick around to see this change in economy as it will take a few months to feed the nirvana demand from every person who once wanted it.

Also, with the update, not only goal wanting acchievers will leave, so will also the ones who enjoyed doing instances, as they're not designed for s3 and warsoul weapons as the norm. That is the main concern I have as of now.

PWI may have found a way to make economy once again turn into the prizes they used to be, but they also sacreficed the old gameplay with it, and peoples goals and acchievements.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Suspended on Silverwings ~
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    well let me add that a lot of people are buying for 400k but selling for 800k

I know a person who pretty much exclusively merchants Nirvana mats. On RT (at least according to her) sure, you can buy the raps for 400k and relist them for 800k, but no one is actually buying them. Cannies will still sell, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Expansion effects on game, another side of the story
    The line is still dropping and so will the profits of running it.

http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/pwrd/interactive-chart?timeframe=5d&charttype=line

Now I am pretty sure I get why Frankie left saw this coming a mile away lol
    Sry you are stuck with the mess V4L. good luck.

Zoom it out to about a year and you'll see this is nothing special.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Zoom it out to about a year and you'll see this is nothing special.

Weren't people also sounding the death bells for the game after they put the +11/12 orbs in the boutique?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    This has alot of longevity. considering the amount of cannies and raptures needed to recast rank 9 your looking at 4-6 months for that. If you consider how many it takes to recast your rings,tome, hat,cape, and or make a warsoul weapon and your looking at having to do nation wars every time for the next year to two years.

Hopefully soon a market will devlop to buy/sell the seals. This will be the new farming instance....It will replace nirvana and put wizards,psy, and archers on top and regulate sins and bms to the bottom of the food chain.
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    even if they stabilize inthe 400-500 range, it will still be worthwhile to do the 99 key quests when 2x is here. After doing bh and getting your mirages/ultimate substances, you may as well still pick up the keys.

Also considering that a total recast of rank 9 costs like 2700 raps at an average of 75 tokens a weekend is still 36 weekends and pretty mmuch double that for the cannies so 72 weekends just for the recasting of rank 9.

So Nirvana may be worth running a few times in 2x just to speed it up some. Maybe not the mind numbing 12 hour farming of the past, but maybe an hour or two of it here and there.

Also consider that the faster the rank 9 is recasted you can get on to recasting the rest of the cool things.
  • kamet
    kamet Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Can the Quiters Quit allready, my token reward went down last event due to more participants.

Giving you till friday night NW start to pack your bags .. would like my tokens to go back up!

Thank you in advance b:kiss
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Flamespirit -

I know some people who got handed 500+ tokens in 2 hours, that is equal to 2,5k cannies in one night, for one person. We had like 1k participating last night on HT.
    The whole amount of tokens, I forgot the number, but it sure won't be small enough to not feed the market what it needs im sure.

For 1 piece of s3r9 it demands 1200 cannies and 300 raps, the wep x4 that.
    This will probably not even take close to 4 months when you can do it as often as you can and also rely on others and cheaper prices.

The tomes...helms, capes..etc, are only speaking to a minority compared to the base gear upgrades. Some of them imo from what I've seen arn't even good enough to consider compared to the S2/S3 ones when you're looking at the coin difference in base material used so a market for seals..Idk about that.

I doubt PWI got enough players to have a demand lasting past 5 months on a server, but maybe I'm underestimating the online number and amount of active players.

As for a market of the seals, most can put an alt/main in there and with rather minimal effort or luck, still walk out with a nice reward. So why buy it,when you can earn it yourself just as easily? It takes something demanding in time to create a market imo, or people arn't willing to pay much for whatever they're buying, thus making the market for it, a low income.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Weren't people also sounding the death bells for the game after they put the +11/12 orbs in the boutique?

Yeah and why you think they removed those in a matter of 24 hours?,because the death bells were wrong? b:bye
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • kamet
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Take into consideration that almost everything cost War Seals (50 event tokens per seal) Id guess there will be an eventual migration of the R9 and others wanting the tomes etc over to the seal. Everyone atm is just "coining up" so your seeing a higher up front influx of canny/raps.

If i ever want the new tome or anything else of interest , ill have to stop selling canny/rap and invest my event toks into the war seals as will other.

Just give it some time.

On a side note, nirvana takes 5 -10mins per run at little to no cost. even at 100/400 that still = profit. Everyone is just stuck on the old price sheets. Im still guessing 250/500+ as a settle in price though.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Yeah and why you think they removed those in a matter of 24 hours?,because the death bells were wrong? b:bye

No, because they caused ''server instability'' b:chuckle

That was the actual excuse, for those who missed it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    kamet wrote: »
    Can the Quiters Quit allready, my token reward went down last event due to more participants.

Giving you till friday night NW start to pack your bags .. would like my tokens to go back up!

Thank you in advance b:kiss

Agreed. People repeatedly "quitting" (as they have been doing for all my time in PWI) on the forums need to use the door. Let me get my tokens and you can go find another game.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • kamet
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Flamespirit -

I know some people who got handed 500+ tokens in 2 hours, that is equal to 2,5k cannies in one night, for one person. We had like 1k participating last night on HT.
    The whole amount of tokens, I forgot the number, but it sure won't be small enough to not feed the market what it needs im sure.

For 1 piece of s3r9 it demands 1200 cannies and 300 raps, the wep x4 that.
    This will probably not even take close to 4 months when you can do it as often as you can and also rely on others and cheaper prices.

The tomes...helms, capes..etc, are only speaking to a minority compared to the base gear upgrades. Some of them imo from what I've seen arn't even good enough to consider compared to the S2/S3 ones when you're looking at the coin difference in base material used so a market for seals..Idk about that.

I doubt PWI got enough players to have a demand lasting past 5 months on a server, but maybe I'm underestimating the online number and amount of active players.

As for a market of the seals, most can put an alt/main in there and with rather minimal effort or luck, still walk out with a nice reward. So why buy it,when you can earn it yourself just as easily? It takes something demanding in time to create a market imo, or people arn't willing to pay much for whatever they're buying, thus making the market for it, a low income.

mm it dont work like that.

I know people that actually participated and got 0 tokens, if you think u can just casually walk around and get credits/tokens on your alt while your main rolls .. you may be slightly uniformed or fed the wrong info.
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Kamet - So really, my bfs alt who he basically never used besides a few times.
    Earned tokens and no1 else did? Guess we're special. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kamet
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Kamet - So really, my bfs alt who he basically never used besides a few times.
    Earned tokens and no1 else did? Guess we're special. b:laugh

possibly a winning bonus then?

I brought in alts both friday and sunday to test , both recieved 0. As well as 1 person documenting within another thread that they actually fully participated and recieved 0. I was also PMed by a barb friend on friday who played the full 2 hours and recieved 0 but got 0 kills and was only on losing battles. so ya i guess maybe you were special shrugs b:chuckle