Introducing PWI: Sirens of War!

123457»

Comments

• augustfinknottle
    augustfinknottle Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    >.> well i can't play pwi anymore now....the update contains threats to my comp

That's a false positive. Here, this link is about someone with the same issue:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1520321
  • potatostix
    potatostix Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'd like to thank all the helpful folks here on the PWI forums, without all the information you have offered I'd still be trying to download the patch ten hours after it first went online.....Oh wait, I am still trying to download the new patch ten hours after it went live. There has not been any useful information posted and not a single person bothered to answer any questions or even acknowledge that my post existed. That's why after two years on PWI forums and with several accounts, I never bother to post here.
  • pandora331
    pandora331 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    so has anyone actually successfully fully updated the new sirens of war? besides the workers ?????b:angryb:surrenderb:cryb:shutup
  • necoarcchaos
    necoarcchaos Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Anyone knows when the update would be done? Or approximate time? b:cold
  • potatostix
    potatostix Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    @ pandora331: Yes I finally got the update and into the game.

@ necoarcchaos : It took me exactly 10 hours and 4 min to download the patch. The install was very quick but by that time I was too frustrated to do anything in game. This forum was absolutely no help at all.

After the install I had to navigate to the proper file and click the launcher to run more than one account, I haven't had to do that in a few years.
  • MedAlert - Raging Tide
    MedAlert - Raging Tide Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have everything I need but can not learn. Can anyone tell my why?
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    "Introducing PWI: Sirens of FAIL!"

fixed

seriously...1 coin each on the DQ items up to 71?!?!

Is there anyone at PWI who understands marketing and economics at all? If so, they should be shaved, shot, then sterilized. One might think, maybe this is a really bad idea since that's a major coin intake for mid level players. Newcomers just might quit before they reach lvl40? 50? 60...definitely. Words of the noobs in language devs can understand, "I reach lvl70, I can has no lvl59 skill still. No skill past lvl1 or 2! I can has different game, more fun."

I COULD systematically break it down as to why this seals the total end of the game. The devs wouldn't understand, obviously, or they would've thought this through before making such a drastic change. b:angry

b:surrender waits for the impending doom of PWI
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    seriously...1 coin each on the DQ items up to 71?!?!

Your kidding?

And what's the free gift so I can send it to the "right" character since it says I can't account stash it.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Your kidding?

And what's the free gift so I can send it to the "right" character since it says I can't account stash it.

Useless rat pet, useless crusade badge, open the gift each day receive a lame timed necklace and 1 crusade badge, after 10 days turn it in for a lame timed flyer, what would you expect from pwi, free is garbage, rather wouldn`t send anything at all.
  • MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear
    MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The DQ cost should NOT be 1 coin.

How on earth would new players fund themselves? If PWI wants more players, they need to reconsider the economics.

Anyway, does anyone know what skills they revamped?
    Whether you think you can or you can't, either way you're right. -Henry Ford
  • AmuletSpade - Raging Tide
    AmuletSpade - Raging Tide Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Is anyone having problems with dual clienting ? b:surrender
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Useless rat pet, useless crusade badge, open the gift each day receive a lame timed necklace and 1 crusade badge, after 10 days turn it in for a lame timed flyer, what would you expect form pwi, free is garbage, rather wouldn`t send anything at all.

TY thought it might be untradable hypers or something.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    TY thought it might be untradable hypers or something.

Oh, yeah, forgot it`s also timed fash, for females, I believe, it was the Darkness set and for males tech tribal set.
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I just wondering whether PWI have a test server to test the expansion/patches before actually applying it to online server.

Seeing the rage and disappointment from many player based, I think PWI just directly apply the patch without even trying to figure out whats the expansion/patch really do. b:shocked

As the result, mod/gm/blessed entity are now busy dealing with complaints/rage/threat/cookies instead of actually fixing the problems. b:surrender
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Pantherlilie - Archosaur
    Pantherlilie - Archosaur Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    iexze wrote: »
    Server vs Server would be unfair if EU vs west/east due to ping surely?

Rebalanced skills look great, venos are getting much better, and alot of skills seem to have more bleed damage for a shorter duration.

they completely ignored the fox tree for venos. the veno didnt get that much better. as a fox veno a revamp on those skills would have been amazing.
  • soleida
    soleida Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    New skills for veno ............to late. Pwi is dead. You want to know why:

1 the cost of stuff on the servers.
    2 no need for veno in FF or any magic class( so level up by grinding?)
    3 Where is the teamplay before lvl 80?
    4 **** the pwlvl in FF no need to level by quest or instance ( 2 days lvl 100)
    5 Does the makers off pwi ever think before they trown in a new update.
    6 Make a seeker or sin its a goldmine in Pwi.
    7 Why make a cleric it cost you more then you get as a reward form the instance.

Now I can more then 1 reason more why pwi is dead but I think most of you know why it died. So gratz PWI I wont make lvl 92 to be bored for the BH/Quests and .......oh the endless grinding. It would be nice if you .......at pwi think before you do a war or event most off european player cant do because of you bad timing. **** let us transfer to a another server then.
  • innerphoenix
    innerphoenix Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Booo New Patch Is Chit < You Kill More Dq Items < Pwe = Scammers
  • Accalica - Heavens Tear
    Accalica - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Eh...do what everyone else tells you to do with this new PVP instance here, adapt. Lol.b:laugh Yes, what you read was sarcasm, inb4 someone takes the line seriously.

PWI really messed this one up by making our new PVP instance different from theirs in some aspects that make many of us rage and many even quit. The whole aspect of replacing a PVE instance with economy influence into a forced PVP place that is also timezone bound...is just off.

Nerfing our DQs is just a battle for the china version as they have so many people botting, while I don't see people on ours ever do. So why don't we get updates that actually are meant and designed for us, are our CSers not paying enough for us to have our own development/implementing decision team? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Suspended on Silverwings ~
  • alphabetsnow1
    alphabetsnow1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If I download Sirens of War does it replace my WOI? or simply give me access to the new classes and everything while keeping my WOI characters?
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If I download Sirens of War does it replace my WOI? or simply give me access to the new classes and everything while keeping my WOI characters?

WOI is a different game published by PWE, so no, if you download and install PWI (you are in the pwi forums now), WOI will stay on your computer unchanged.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nev12kg
    nev12kg Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Bleh, **** this expansion. STILL cant patch properly now and I'mma be damned if I have to completely redownload the game just to get back in and get pissed at the r9 scum that ruin pvp in this game. I'm done. GB
  • Driude - Heavens Tear
    Driude - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Venomancers Human Form got buffs on their skills, why Fox Form Venomancers still have a few horrible skills. Maelfic Crush is still broken, with way less damage than Parasitic Nova and a REALLY bad effect that is useless in PvE and almost as useless in PvP becase everyone has Herb Yuanxio's or Mana Charms. The level 49 skill is still terrible, and has no use whatsoever, even if the skill didnt cost 10% of health few would ever use it because 500 mana is truly insignificant and hardly worth the channel and cating time when again, I could use a Herb Yuanxio and restore way more mana than that.
    b:surrender

I love the new expansion, especially the fox usable Immunity Skill Feral Concentration, and am so happy that Fossilized Curse was fixed but still the Fox Form level 49 and 59 skills are useless b:cry

Other than this the upgrade is WONDERFUL! b:laugh and I am glad about the Sage Archer buffs, and the new content and wars and stuff.

Thank you nice GMs and developers :)