Introducing PWI: Sirens of War!

Options
v4liance
v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
edited November 2012 in General Discussion
Hey everyone, the PWI Team is proud to announce the next expansion for PWI, Sirens of War!

Head on over to our teaser site now to see our CG trailer, sign up for a free launch giveaway and sweepstakes, and check out the new screenshots!

Head over to the news post now for more juicy details! And stay tuned for more updates!

Be sure to check out our Facebook page, as well! I'll be leaking screenshots, concept art, and other fun stuff leading up to launch day!'

Update: Sneak peek into Nation Wars!

- Val
Post edited by v4liance on

Comments

• Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Haha ^^ I got so exited when I saw it on the facebook page I made a thread before you! My apologies, feel free to delete it. Really looking forward to this!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • dirin
    dirin Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    two new classes?
  • iexze
    iexze Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Yes! Looking forward to it already :D
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    TO WAR!b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    dirin wrote: »
    two new classes?

No. Look at the teaser site the info is there. :P Also in the dynasty information forum discussion post.

edit: Looks like we got the battle system after all. That should be interesting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • iexze
    edited November 2012
    Options
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Wait, what?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Okay Seriously. What is with the trailer video? PWI doesn't have helmets. We don't have battles on boats.
    No winged elves, untamed, or tideborn were in that trailer. I did not recognize a single one of the creatures.

I feel someone in corporate walked in on a cgi class and was like o_o hey dude thats a cool vid. heres $500 we gonna use it.

On a side note. Give me this barbs armor.
    http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/en/pwi/sirensofwar/screenshots/ss6.jpg

RYT NAO! *THROS MONEY AT SCREEN* WAI IT NO WORK!?!??!

T~T
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iexze
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Wait, what?
    Could be the gift being sent out, either way it's so cute haha
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    A Tideborn possessed the kitty! b:cute
    Wait, what?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Okay Seriously. What is with the trailer video? PWI doesn't have helmets. We don't have battles on boats.
    No winged elves, untamed, or tideborn were in that trailer. I did not recognize a single one of the creatures.

I feel someone in corporate walked in on a cgi class and was like o_o hey dude thats a cool vid. heres $500 we gonna use it.

It's 4 general NPCs. They are empresses or goddess or something like that. It's all in the dynasty post but I forgot it now. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • SpeedxBolt - Sanctuary
    SpeedxBolt - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    rofl, Hey, You!

It would of been easier to just link Bubbles post :'D. Save yourself some typing!
  • Pakoshi - Dreamweaver
    Pakoshi - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    iexze wrote: »

Sadly the most interesting thing in all of that to me are the new loading screens.
  • TPstar - Sanctuary
    TPstar - Sanctuary Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Please tell me that TW will not be moved to Sundays and Mondays. You will kill half of the population with that.
    edited November 2012
    Options
    rofl, Hey, You!

It would of been easier to just link Bubbles post :'D. Save yourself some typing!

Bubble's post doesn't include a sweepstakes or prize giveaway. Bubble's post isn't using the same name they are using for the expansion. And bubble's post isn't the official things we'll be getting our version, there may be some differences. In general these player made posts are very, very (scarily) accurate but there are always a couple of things left out of our version or that work differently than expected. In addition, all the names are usually localized for our version. So we just gonna have to do like the descent expansion and wait for it to come out to know every last detail.

Please tell me that TW will not be moved to Sundays and Mondays. You will kill half of the population with that.

Most people don't get to TW. And we'll just have to wait and see if there are any scheduling changes. It's definitely gonna be interesting if this is server vs server, I think a lot of people (spectators/friends of TWers and TW lovers alike) have been waiting to see something like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Perfox - Sanctuary
    Perfox - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    We are so ready for it!! b:chuckle
  • Kikisha - Dreamweaver
    Kikisha - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    iexze wrote: »
    Could be the gift being sent out, either way it's so cute haha
    The ability for pets to wear TB wings could be a gift...? b:question
  • Melindasa - Raging Tide
    Melindasa - Raging Tide Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Bring it on; along with that sexy veno gear!b:angry
    Any statement of yours should I consider invalid unless you add ''turtle'' among your lines b:mischievous
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Please do not put summerwind tokens into the boutique.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • xcliqz
    xcliqz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Please put summerwind token to boutique PWI, you will make huge cash
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Did I just saw a Tabby cat with TB wings at the news page? Anyone care to explain? b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Lucrecia - Momaganon
    Lucrecia - Momaganon Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Well I think server vs server could be interesting as long as everyone has a fair chance. I guess if our EU server fight against Lost City .... wed really have no chance if we keep our current gear (since nearly nobody has R9 here). If it would be like EU vs EU, West vs West and East vs East it might be a good idea.

And the rebalanced skills: As far as i can say now the skills only ... changed. They wont get much better, they wont get much worser ... they just changed b:lipcurl
    Maybe the description will be clearer at 14th.

but i LOVE the new armor
    Do you believe in life before death?
  • iexze
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Well I think server vs server could be interesting as long as everyone has a fair chance. I guess if our EU server fight against Lost City .... wed really have no chance if we keep our current gear (since nearly nobody has R9 here). If it would be like EU vs EU, West vs West and East vs East it might be a good idea.

And the rebalanced skills: As far as i can say now the skills only ... changed. They wont get much better, they wont get much worser ... they just changed b:lipcurl
    Maybe the description will be clearer at 14th.

but i LOVE the new armor

Server vs Server would be unfair if EU vs west/east due to ping surely?

Rebalanced skills look great, venos are getting much better, and alot of skills seem to have more bleed damage for a shorter duration.
  • honinbousai
    honinbousai Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Battle system at last!

b:thanks

i'm gonna die!! b:cry
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

No kidding - it looks like it was made for a different game, and they just slapped a PWI logo on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Jaytrain - Lost City
    Jaytrain - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    maybe just EU server vs EU Server
  • Cathulion - Dreamweaver
    Cathulion - Dreamweaver Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    "New Quests

Venture out and tackle the new quests available at levels 50 through 80. Where will your next adventure take you?"

....really? I LOVE the nation wars and skill rebalance but what's the point of new quests 50-80 if we still have FC free for any level?
  • Jaytrain - Lost City
    Jaytrain - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    some of the fc enthusiast are not like the idea im about to present. My idea is to make it so only 85+ can enter FC with NO EXCEPTIONS
  • Lucrecia - Momaganon
    Lucrecia - Momaganon Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    No kidding - it looks like it was made for a different game, and they just slapped a PWI logo on it.

If they had wings i would say this is Ahion not PWI lol (i know its written different but thats the only way to write because of PWEs broken Ego)

@iexze
    I didnt say anything about the ping rate .... But I dont think the whole server population can join the fight and it depends on your net connection also. Ping doesnt matter at all, especially for r9 +12.
    Do you believe in life before death?
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I LOVE the skill rebalance

I like the sound of it, but I'm not so sure if it will all be positive changes.

They could allow assassins to attack without leaving stealth for all we know b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]