Introducing PWI: Sirens of War!

Comments

• Cathulion - Dreamweaver
    Cathulion - Dreamweaver Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    some of the fc enthusiast are not like the idea im about to present. My idea is to make it so only 85+ can enter FC with NO EXCEPTIONS

That's been said a million times to no extent of any actions to support it by staff.
  • Melindasa - Raging Tide
    Melindasa - Raging Tide Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Okay Seriously. What is with the trailer video? PWI doesn't have helmets. We don't have battles on boats.
    No winged elves, untamed, or tideborn were in that trailer. I did not recognize a single one of the creatures.

I feel someone in corporate walked in on a cgi class and was like o_o hey dude thats a cool vid. heres $500 we gonna use it.

On a side note. Give me this barbs armor.
    http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/en/pwi/sirensofwar/screenshots/ss6.jpg

RYT NAO! *THROS MONEY AT SCREEN* WAI IT NO WORK!?!??!

T~T

Or maybe they just want to attract, eventually make a good impression on potential players that at first peek would say ''Wow!'' by creating the opposite trailer of what pw is at the moment.

They could allow assassins to attack without leaving stealth for all we know

Pls don't, that would make them even more OP b:shocked
    Any statement of yours should I consider invalid unless you add ''turtle'' among your lines b:mischievous
  • Jaytrain - Lost City
    Jaytrain - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    or maybe a gear requirement system like a certain game which i cant say has. Maybe require a certain grade of gearn to enter FC
  • Juffin - Archosaur
    Juffin - Archosaur Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    That's been said a million times to no extent of any actions to support it by staff.

Actualy 75+ just like other instances have a min level would be nice
  • iexze
    iexze Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If they had wings i would say this is Ahion not PWI lol (i know its written different but thats the only way to write because of PWEs broken Ego)

@iexze
    I didnt say anything about the ping rate .... But I dont think the whole server population can join the fight and it depends on your net connection also. Ping doesnt matter at all, especially for r9 +12.

I would have thought ping would have counted for something because one side is going to lag when button mashing skills haha.

You have to be level 100+ for SvS according to the Dynasty thread.
  • LadyGreyLace - Dreamweaver
    LadyGreyLace - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well the trailer is very nice but is NOTHING like PWI content at all. b:surrender

Dragon riders, Knights in armour WITH helmets, Ships with cannon fire in sea battles. Did someone stick wrong label on the disc??

Lovely pic's of armoured ladies & a Barb but if this is another reroll of gears R9 plus, plus whatever number lol, its gonna cost a bomb.

Will wait the expansion & see if any of this really appears in PW. b:chuckle
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    or maybe a gear requirement system like a certain game which i cant say has. Maybe require a certain grade of gearn to enter FC

Seems a little unnecessarily complicated to me. They could just have an NPC parked outside FC that has a quest that puts you into FC. The quest would have a certain level requirement to accept.

There are no signs of this ever happening, though, so I don't really see how this is relevant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've been looking forward this and I'm actually quite excited about it. The latest updates in the game have been pretty good. At least for me :P

The expansion arrived here faster than I expected,too!
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2012

A level/cultivation requirement would be a lot more feasible considering that such things are already used for the entrance to Lothranis/Momaganon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Jaytrain - Lost City
    Jaytrain - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Seems a little unnecessarily complicated to me. They could just have an NPC parked outside FC that has a quest that puts you into FC. The quest would have a certain level requirement to accept.

There are no signs of this ever happening, though, so I don't really see how this is relevant.
    i was thinking the requirement would be at least tt70 gear
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Oh yay, so the dynasty update finally arrives b:cute
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • MetzliDemon - Harshlands
    MetzliDemon - Harshlands Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Let's see what PWI came up with this time :D
    I like the trailer but as many already said it has nothing about PWI b:question b:lipcurl

One of the things that I might like in this update is the modified skills ^^
    The Earthguard and Tideborn have such effects on their skills, I think if the old 3 races have the same effects quality it'll be much better b:victory
    MetzliDemon - 102 Celestial Demon Assassin f:grin
    AmyDemon - 96 Demon Cleric
    ShekmetDemon - 81 Venomancer
    MictianDemon - 68 Blademaster
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AhrinamDemon - 50 Psychic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
    And there's a 75 Barbarian too! f:cute
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I signed up for the teaser site and ended up with a warrior crusade order in my inventory. So we can already figure out the prizes being sent. Only search if it you want the surprise ruined, I'll just say make sure you pick a character you like all class pets on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • iexze
    edited November 2012
    I signed up for the teaser site and ended up with a warrior crusade order in my inventory. So we can already figure out the prizes being sent. Only search if it you want the surprise ruined, I'll just say make sure you pick a character you like all class pets on.
    Wait wut? I thought they didn't get sent out until the 14th :s
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    iexze wrote: »
    Could be the gift being sent out, either way it's so cute haha

I hope it's a mount.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Aw ****, I wish I had seen this a few minutes earlier, just sent it to my veno... I guess it'll have the same fate as the rare red squirrel, the ani pet and the giant bunny my veno received, npc food :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iexze
    edited November 2012
    How does that have any slight relevance to the thread?
  • Pelli - Dreamweaver
    Pelli - Dreamweaver Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    As long as there is the veno pets new system, I don't have anything to whine about. If anything, that's the one thing that should deserve attention. Hay, it hasn't been updated since the game launched O_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ponies! :3
  • VeniceQueen - Sanctuary
    VeniceQueen - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Trailer... Ummm

What is with the spear throwing medusa haired character?
    I felt a great disturbance in the force.
    <.< ijs
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I love this! Love it love it! Cannot wait for the revamp in skills, the new quests, everything. b:victory
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Dakoo - Sanctuary
    Dakoo - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I like the sound of it, but I'm not so sure if it will all be positive changes.

They could allow assassins to attack without leaving stealth for all we know b:chuckle

Funny thing really, this rebalance is essentially an upgrade to a large amount of skills for all classes, but the assassins get almost nothing.
  • Dakoo - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Or maybe they just want to attract, eventually make a good impression on potential players that at first peek would say ''Wow!'' by creating the opposite trailer of what pw is at the moment.

Pls don't, that would make them even more OP b:shocked

Don't worry, assassins aren't getting any better or worse, except for improvements to a single sage skill, everyone else is getting the good stuff in the skill rebalance.
  • Dakoo - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Well the trailer is very nice but is NOTHING like PWI content at all. b:surrender

Dragon riders, Knights in armour WITH helmets, Ships with cannon fire in sea battles. Did someone stick wrong label on the disc??

Lovely pic's of armoured ladies & a Barb but if this is another reroll of gears R9 plus, plus whatever number lol, its gonna cost a bomb.

Will wait the expansion & see if any of this really appears in PW. b:chuckle

I know that one type of new armor is an alternate-looking form of the 3rd cast r9 gear, tailored to fit the look of the individual class. I don't know about any other armors, as there were some in the screenshots I didn't recognize as these.
  • iexze
    edited November 2012
    Just a note on the sweepstakes, it seems that as someone mentioned earlier you get a Warrior crusade bundle, so you get a pet and fashion set plus you get to open a Crusade pack every day :).

Along with 100k free xp?
  • Dakoo - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    As long as there is the veno pets new system, I don't have anything to whine about. If anything, that's the one thing that should deserve attention. Hay, it hasn't been updated since the game launched O_o

That WILL happen...eventually. It will not come with this expansion right, and it hasn't happened in china yet, but it is the thing they are currently working on as a supplement to the expansion, so it's not too far off. I've also heard good things about it.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well, whoever made the trailer probably figured an army made of loli school girls, pandas and catshops wouldn't have been as impressive... Or maybe PW gets a discount if they stick to stock fantasy rpg stuff? I mean, I'm not exactly expecting them to comit to what you're likely to actually find in-game on the promo stuff, "Rise of the Cash Shoppers" would've been pushing it with the expansion title. b:chuckle

On the other hand, good job on the release date, I was expecting this for January at the earliest.
  • TommyElfGuy - Sanctuary
    TommyElfGuy - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    video looks pretty cool.the new classes cant wait to try.the fashion is pretty nice.the idea of sever vs server war sounds good.but hope it dont stop the orginal TW thats im just not getting into.maybe they both work out...the quest for level 50-80 will be the only thing i dont like cause im over that level.but guess i can try them with the new classes.and the best if the new skills better range damage and everything cant wait...thanks pwi think this is the best expansion i have seen since i been here alot of people are excited
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Funny thing really, this rebalance is essentially an upgrade to a large amount of skills for all classes, but the assassins get almost nothing.

Pffft, go me. I totally forgot we knew about these changes for a few months already.

Looking at that, it does seem pretty good. Though there will be no changes in skill animations, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    the new classes cant wait to try.

You'll be disappointed then, since there arent any.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    video looks pretty cool.the new classes cant wait to try.the fashion is pretty nice.the idea of sever vs server war sounds good.but hope it dont stop the orginal TW thats im just not getting into.maybe they both work out...the quest for level 50-80 will be the only thing i dont like cause im over that level.but guess i can try them with the new classes.and the best if the new skills better range damage and everything cant wait...thanks pwi think this is the best expansion i have seen since i been here alot of people are excited

Ummmmm what have you been reading? No new classes and in the screenshots there are a few armor sets for r9 3rd cast, not fashion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]