Introducing PWI: Sirens of War!

Options

Comments

• Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I hope to God you're right that there will be a second part that's cross-server. But considering PWI wouldn't even do cross-server battles when they were doing the PW World Champ or whatever thing (which is why each server had to kill Harpy Wraith instead of fighting), I'm getting the feeling that PWI is just too lazy to allow cross-server events.

Edit: Also, I would think if PWI was making cross-server, something they've never done before, they'd play it up so much there would be no doubt.

Edit 2: Fixed terminology

Correct... Server vs Server wars would be one of the major selling points of the new patch and hence at the very least highlighted when promoting the new expansion. However only "server wide" wars is mentioned. We definitely aren't getting it.
  • Boots_Elf - Sanctuary
    Boots_Elf - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    iexze wrote: »
    Just a note on the sweepstakes, it seems that as someone mentioned earlier you get a Warrior crusade bundle, so you get a pet and fashion set plus you get to open a Crusade pack every day :).

Along with 100k free xp?

How are some people getting these bundles? I signed up first day of teaser on ll 4 accounts I have and not one gift yet?
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Er, it would be cross-server.
    Inter-server is within one server.
    The inter-service parts refer to within the server.

inter-server means between servers... what are u smoking? b:shocked
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Er, excuse my terminology :x

Actually, I take that back.
    inter-server communication is an extension of the client-server model in which data are exchanged directly between servers.

I'm really tired and I can't figure out now why google translate is using both inter- and cross- .
    b:surrender

edit: forum ate my post on the copypasta
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    From that teaser it seems unlikely they are going to let us do server vs server battle :(
    PWI fail.
    I hope they lower the cost of the new gear then since the battle is now going to have much less activity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • BringinDeath - Archosaur
    BringinDeath - Archosaur Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Lemme see if i got this right. You MAY win a 'prize' when the new expansion begins but it's only a time limited item?

That's got to be the most dumbest idea i have ever heard tbh. oh wait, it's from PWI, enough said
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Nation War preview released

Times are about the same as the latest TW bracket, only every day instead of just the weekend. So if these ''Military Coins'' and their reward items (dragon orbs, raptures, cannies, warsoul mats) are untradeable, this will be yet another feature that non-North Americans won't even notice exists.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The prize you may win is a headset. The timed fashion, pet and timed flyers are given out to all players who signed up.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Oltrenatura - Harshlands
    Oltrenatura - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I've read about the new expansion server v server timing.. and it says that the wars will take place at 20:00 server time and only during weekend.
    Well i don't think this is a good idea, server v server should be every day or at least 4 days a week during different daytime nad nigthtime , i come from Europe and i play in american server, most european players would not attend this server v server wars;
    in the end we will see always same ppl during wars. I think that's not a good idea. b:surrender
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    PWI or anyone from PWE never said that it's gonna be Server vs Server. That info we got from Google Translate, and it may not be translated correctly.
    I've read about the new expansion server v server timing..
    Read carefully, it's not Server vs Server.
    It's just one server, but a lot of people on that server can compete.
  • BringinDeath - Archosaur
    BringinDeath - Archosaur Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The prize you may win is a headset. The timed fashion, pet and timed flyers are given out to all players who signed up.

You can only win the headphones if your American, i call that discrimination. Why not give out zen to everyone, aint as if pwi will lose out will it
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    PWI or anyone from PWE never said that it's gonna be Server vs Server. That info we got from Google Translate, and it may not be translated correctly.

Read carefully, it's not Server vs Server.
    It's just one server, but a lot of people on that server can compete.

Google is accurate enough.
    It wouldn't elaborate so much on single server and cross server if that wasn't the case.

There is a lot of stuff that pwcn gets that pwe never mentions about. SvS may end up being one of those.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    You can only win the headphones if your American, i call that discrimination. Why not give out zen to everyone, aint as if pwi will lose out will it

I do agree with that XD I understand PWI HQ is located in the USA and it's generally focused around that area but there are a lot of players from other continents b:surrender
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I do agree with that XD I understand PWI HQ is located in the USA and it's generally focused around that area but there are a lot of players from other continents b:surrender

Blame international laws. They used to actually have contests where they were willing to send things outside of the states. Then after something or another happened (maybe they just said F it or whatever. Too lazy to find out what sparked it) they stopped doing that and made it so all physical prizes were restricted to being in the US only.

The EU servers probably do still have their own promotions though, so...
  • iexze
    iexze Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The EU servers probably do still have their own promotions though, so...

Yeh we probably will except I don't want to start a new char or learn french to speak over there ^.^
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    That suck I'm in Canada and can't participate for the headset. QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Hey, You! I had the idea that these Nations Wars would be inter-server wars too, but in your post it doesn't say anything about inter-server wars D:

Could you clarify if these nations wars will be inter-server or not?
  • Oltrenatura - Harshlands
    Oltrenatura - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I think we will find out soon on 14th of November. b:chuckle
    Anything it will be out my problem will remain the same: the server time D: infact i can't even do tws and nothing, i was confident about this expansion i tought fresh air will be given also to european players.. but ofc i was wrong.. at least somebody please allow character transfer between american and european servers! This is sad.. b:tired
  • Epipis - Momaganon
    Epipis - Momaganon Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I thought the one with the special ears in the end was a heavy veno, and the one on the boat bevore could have been a wiz. But all in all got nothing to do with the game (AGAIN)b:chuckle
  • /ork - Harshlands62
    /ork - Harshlands62 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I quit, a while back for a game that officially came out Tuesday, August 28th. (and I was part of the 3 day head-start [since I pre-purchased] :D) A friend that still plays PWi (IDK how!) said there was some 'expansion' coming during tomorrows maintenance, so I figured I would at least 'glance' it over. What's really sad is that they probably put more effort/time/money into that stupid 'teaser trailer' than they did the actual "expansion"... Not to mention this whole "new" 'nation wars' thing, yea like that's not a complete and total rip off of the new game I play (and the WvW feature in it). At least that is what it looks like at face value to me... I must say, aside glancing over this so called "expansion" to 'humor' my friend, I am glad I have turned my back on PW and haven't looked back. For the longest time I was so accustomed to never seeing a GM, having any complaints/tickets ignored (or CANNED RESPONSES) etc... Well, while playing my new game I almost went in to cardiac arrest when I received not only a response, but a personal response from an employee of that games company. Thank you Perfect World Entertainment, for setting the prime example of how NOT to run a customer service department of a company!!!!!!!!! Maybe it's time you not only copy your competitors games, but their superb level of customer service that they provide with them too!!!!!!!!!
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Dawn of The Final Day
    -"Soon" Hours Remain-
    b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • FreeWice - Sanctuary
    FreeWice - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I can't sign up for some reason b:cry
    It just lets me pick the server but not the character.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    snip

Grats on comparing a P2P that just came out with a some years old F2P game. Besides that, how much do they pay you to spam those links?

Meh, mildly excited about the skill balance and other stuff. Don't care for wars as an European...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I quit, a while back

Well, welcome back! b:victory b:laugh
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ijs lol the trailer vid totally reminded me of lord of the rings o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Dariboo - Lost City
    Dariboo - Lost City Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Wonder if this is worth coming back for ..i miss my buddies D:
    Filling the forums with idiocy since 2/2/2012 b:pleased

Main - lvl 101 R8 Mystic - Dariboo

Inactive on PWI. I still play PW, just...elsewhere
  • potatostix
    potatostix Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    is it just me or are the servers not up yet?
  • clyknight
    clyknight Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    German(?) announcements on the log in screen and the update showing no progress after 25 minutes

GOOD JOB PWI b:lipcurl
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    clyknight wrote: »
    German(?) announcements on the log in screen and the update showing no progress after 25 minutes

GOOD JOB PWI b:lipcurl

I had no problems. Installed quickly and flawlessly, and I am in game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • Niriam - Dreamweaver
    Niriam - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Sooo.... we can't access a new area till the nation wars?

Lame.