Introducing PWI: Sirens of War!

Comments

• Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    About the "new classes" you have to admit its kinda mean for them to use screenshots that give off a false vibe of there being new classes :x
    "Rise of the Cash Shoppers" would've been pushing it with the expansion title. b:chuckle

We've already had the expansion. Rising Tide remember?
  • Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide
    Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    exicteed :DD
    +10 w/ Tisha: youtube.com/watch?v=tKHuXP8LRFU&feature=plcp
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    blacks wrote: »
    wtf is RYT NAO! *THROS ..stop trying to be cute by spelling like an idiot

Need to up your post count for a colored title or something?
    Multiquote, learn it.
    There is a certain thing that people care even less about, and that would be you at this very moment.

Right? Lol +1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CarefulIBite - Raging Tide
    CarefulIBite - Raging Tide Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    No. Look at the teaser site the info is there. :P Also in the dynasty information forum discussion post.

edit: Looks like we got the battle system after all. That should be interesting.

Meaning it really isnt an expansion. All it is, is a little update.
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    full set of the new r9r3 is at least 24bil coins on top of the r9r2 and r9. Good deterrant XD
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    >cannons

Seriously who goes to war in colorful panties

EDIT: even funnier is the fact that they seem to have stuck barely Chinese-ish characters in a completely European setting. Seriously. The whole thing looks like Europe, not China.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • iexze
    iexze Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    full set of the new r9r3 is at least 24bil coins on top of the r9r2 and r9. Good deterrant XD

But it would look uber cool though ^.^
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    U_Sasuke - Sanctuary Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    btw i headed over to the teaser-trailer page to see it...it looks nothing related to pwi...there is no 5.0 sins in it lol
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited November 2012

..when base R9 is already OP as hell.
  • cawcawwwww
    cawcawwwww Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    b:laugh b:shutup b:laugh
    Well, whoever made the trailer probably figured an army made of loli school girls, pandas and catshops wouldn't have been as impressive... Or maybe PW gets a discount if they stick to stock fantasy rpg stuff? I mean, I'm not exactly expecting them to comit to what you're likely to actually find in-game on the promo stuff, "Rise of the Cash Shoppers" would've been pushing it with the expansion title. b:chuckle

On the other hand, good job on the release date, I was expecting this for January at the earliest.
  • Kastus - Raging Tide
    Kastus - Raging Tide Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    WEDDING CANDIESSSS!!!!!!!!! FOR XMAS!!!

WOHOOOO r9R3 for xmas WOHOOOO!!!b:pleased
    youtube.com/kimbachiboy b:victory

Schooling QQme in The Art of PK since 2012
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The armor look all pretty glowing. :)

Some picture are wierd though. The one with the girl holding a gun... are they sure it's from PWI?

I can't wait to see all the new stuff. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Meaning it really isnt an expansion. All it is, is a little update.

It's a pretty large update. There doesn't need to be new classes for it to qualify as an expansion. This is an expansion on higher/mid level content. New quest system, new battle system, eventually new pet system, many skills have been upgraded, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It's a pretty large update. There doesn't need to be new classes for it to qualify as an expansion.

+1

Many people consider The Lost Empire to be one of, if not the, best expansions PWI has had. Yet no new classes were introduced with it, merely new skills, gears, quests, and.. well... real content in general.

PWI has been looking for a major content only expansion for a very long time and I, for one, am happy to see it here at last. I just hope it lives up to the hype it's generated.
  • Shaylamis - Raging Tide
    Shaylamis - Raging Tide Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    battle system.. oh no this game is switching to be Lineage 2 !!!! ew

(housing system is back too? i wonder what other weird stuff will set on expansion, and also set a manual patch link to get update faster when this starts.)
  • Gin_Tenshi - Lost City
    Gin_Tenshi - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    woah looks good can't wait til next week
  • Ruvil - Sanctuary
    Ruvil - Sanctuary Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hey guys we got an 'expansion' coming out!! We are going to implement this coolthingy called a "Faction Base" then you can have Faction Base Wars!! hope you are all excited!! b:victory
  • Shaylamis - Raging Tide
    Shaylamis - Raging Tide Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    http://w2i.wanmei.com/resources/jpg/120810/10021344568401290.jpg new chipao fashion set? that could be cool..

well ppl are talking about veno new stuff.. veno now will be like necromancer?
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    inb4 Glacial Walker/Hercules with wings.

b:laugh
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Please do not put summerwind tokens into the boutique.

Sadly if it were in the boutique it'd only be 100M less than street value. If memory serves correctly they were on PW-CN for 300 gold ~ 450-500M ish here.

Assuming PWE would use the same gold prices; which they rarely do because PW-CN didn't get the 90% off rank sales like the PWI servers did.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I hope when expansion comes out it doesn't take a full day to update.b:sad
  • Aryarie - Sanctuary
    Aryarie - Sanctuary Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Looking forward to the new expansion.

b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    New Quests

Venture out and tackle the new quests available at levels 50 through 80. Where will your next adventure take you?
    Hm... both my characters are level 79. May be I will be able to complete few new quests at least.
    Rebalanced Skills

Many of your favorite skills have been enhanced to increase their potency. Remember that there is no such thing as a weapon that's too sharp.
    If they can change channeling time of some Wizard's skills, it could be useful.

Nation Wars

Forge your legend in the heat of battle. Veterans and aspiring warriors can participate in the perilous Nation Wars. Crush your enemies and make your mark where it really counts -- on the battlefield.

If my character will be killed, then how I can avoid drop of items from him (some of them not bound) ?
    Is it possible to see battle without being frozen by the system crash from the numerous shapes of characters around ?
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If my character will be killed, then how I can avoid drop of items from him (some of them not bound) ?
    Is it possible to see battle without being frozen by the system crash from the numerous shapes of characters around ?

Fairly certain that during pvp instances such as TW and Morai's saturday murderfest, dropping items will not happen. I'm assuming the Server VS Server wars will be in an instance type setting, not like open world pvp, which is where items can be dropped.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Labells - Dreamweaver
    Labells - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It's a pretty large update. There doesn't need to be new classes for it to qualify as an expansion. This is an expansion on higher/mid level content. New quest system, new battle system, eventually new pet system, many skills have been upgraded, etc.

I hope if we're past level 60-80 we can still do the questies .. b:cry I miss questies only get 1 new one a level now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    For that barb armor, I just have this to say b:laugh
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited November 2012

I'm pretty sure that the new map will be accessible to only lvl 100, sadly, but I'm not sure on the wars.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Sadly if it were in the boutique it'd only be 100M less than street value. If memory serves correctly they were on PW-CN for 300 gold ~ 450-500M ish here.

Assuming PWE would use the same gold prices; which they rarely do because PW-CN didn't get the 90% off rank sales like the PWI servers did.

idc. They should never be put into the boutique unless they're going to give us a 4th cast Nirv with similar (if a bit lower) stats as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm pretty sure that the new map will be accessible to only lvl 100, sadly, but I'm not sure on the wars.

Then, for me will be actual (after end of update) few quests and (may be) update of skills.

May be it will worth to download game and to look on it.
  • Rickioo - Archosaur
    Rickioo - Archosaur Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i'm excited about this expasion
    Started Playing Early June Of 2005 Back In The Very First Beta In Perfect World History

The True Old School b:cool