:( Unable to Update

Options

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Updated manual patches linked here: http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1717

We are unable to mirror them, due to their size.

New client is in the works.

You can try adding the game folder/files to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. Please see the help menu or support website for the software that you use if you aren't sure how to do it.

At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it or throttle it, no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.

You may also have to disable, shut down, uninstall, or disable any: torrent, keyboard/mouse, web browser toolbars, video/screen capture, gamepad/input device, multimedia, Instant Messaging, voice over IP, web browser games, other games software applications before downloading, installing, updating, logging into, and playing the game. Basically shut down all non-essential programs.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • delicatee
    delicatee Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Can you post the link to the manual patch you downloaded 5x?

THIS IS A NIGHTMARE!

The autopatch doesn't work, the manual patch I downloaded 5 times now says "Update listed files error" and nothing is working on this program for hours of trying every trick anyone has posted in this forum today.

I WANT IT FIXED!

What the @!&#%! do I do now? Is fate really telling me to get a life or what?!? Computer rebooted, PWI expunged, ran ccleaner, rebooted, reinstalled a 4th time AND I STILL CAN"T GET IT TO UPDATE, or WORK after it tries.

BTW last poster with the link to the fix? It isn't an answer in that thread, it just made me waste my time reading yet another 5 pages of useless information.

PWI, are you out there somewhere?

Quad core AMD,
    8 Gb memory,
    64 bit Win 7,

So with all that, every other program I have works flawlessly and fast. But not yours. Why?

(last time we had to download an obsolete version of DirectX 9.0c to make Descent function. What's next?!?)
  • tigerboi201
    tigerboi201 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Just double-click on patch file it will start auto-install itself .

You can use any method stated above it will help you !

i got past the updates..but it says a client is low...help? thats the only thing i keep having problems with now
  • ftl
    ftl Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    So I know this has been covered but I have a few things to say. What on earth makes it ok to just tell people to turn off their spyware because your patch comes up as a Trojan? Are people really that stupid? Fix it and make an appropriate download without hacker tools in it.
  • AlegnaEP - Raging Tide
    AlegnaEP - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Darthpanda16,

At my own risk, I disabled my antivirus after the first hurrah at 4AM CST. I have patiently cleaned the PWI I had off my PC, I have rebooted, I have downloaded new software, and re-installed it 5 times now, I have tried to use the patches. I have done everything anyone on this forum has suggested.

My system is now running on essential services only. I can't shut off anything else without losing the ability to communicate with it.

Now I just tried your new patch on the link you provided, and it says client version and the patch are the same. Yet the launcher will still not bring up the game nor will the shortcut the install put on the desktop function since the first time. If I manually launch the client, it is the wrong version, in spite of the patcher telling me it's not.

I have been at this now since 4 AM, it's 11:11 AM now. I'm going to go do something else. With a ****-up this bad that affected this many people, I think your entire staff should be ashamed of themselves.
    Great Spirits have always encountered Violent Opposition from Mediocre Minds. ~Albert Einstein
  • delicatee
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Turning off spyware is always a good thing. Better is to actually remove the spyware, tho.

Turning off antivirus is a bad idea indeed, u can add an exception for a falsepositive file instead. Some antivirus supplier also offer you to send in suspicious files on their website, which u could use to check if its really a troyan, too.

ftl wrote: »
    So I know this has been covered but I have a few things to say. What on earth makes it ok to just tell people to turn off their spyware because your patch comes up as a Trojan? Are people really that stupid? Fix it and make an appropriate download without hacker tools in it.
  • liveforever2341
    liveforever2341 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Ok, the PWI Siren of Wars came out, but i tried to update it, it takes time though but it updates but i can press the big start button now, its confusing. as i press the start button theres the thing that says "Previous update interrupted, Wheter to continue?" and there is 2 options, there is continue or restart, i pressed continue. i dont really know if it finished updating but the patcher is gone and im expecting to get in to game but i did not let me. what should i do?
  • delicatee
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Start a verification (Patcher -> Verify) while you are doing something else.
    Darthpanda16,

At my own risk, I disabled my antivirus after the first hurrah at 4AM CST. I have patiently cleaned the PWI I had off my PC, I have rebooted, I have downloaded new software, and re-installed it 5 times now, I have tried to use the patches. I have done everything anyone on this forum has suggested.

My system is now running on essential services only. I can't shut off anything else without losing the ability to communicate with it.

Now I just tried your new patch on the link you provided, and it says client version and the patch are the same. Yet the launcher will still not bring up the game nor will the shortcut the install put on the desktop function since the first time. If I manually launch the client, it is the wrong version, in spite of the patcher telling me it's not.

I have been at this now since 4 AM, it's 11:11 AM now. I'm going to go do something else. With a ****-up this bad that affected this many people, I think your entire staff should be ashamed of themselves.
  • darthpanda16
    edited November 2012
    Options
    It doesn't make it ok, but sometimes, depending on your software installed, either adding exceptions, or temporarily disabling to your security software can help when updating or installing online PC games can help you with your problem.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • delicatee
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Try manual patch: http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual/ec_patch_670-676.cup

Ok, the PWI Siren of Wars came out, but i tried to update it, it takes time though but it updates but i can press the big start button now, its confusing. as i press the start button theres the thing that says "Previous update interrupted, Wheter to continue?" and there is 2 options, there is continue or restart, i pressed continue. i dont really know if it finished updating but the patcher is gone and im expecting to get in to game but i did not let me. what should i do?
  • NanaFoxy - Dreamweaver
    NanaFoxy - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    If you use the first link Genotypist posted, that's the entire game all the way up to this new update. So yes you should have all the new stuff.

I think i'm blind or something. Where did he post the link exactly? I can't find it. Can you maybe post the link? Thanks :)
  • darthpanda16
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Sounds like it may be best to send in a ticket to tech support, and fully explain what you have tried so far. You should include your system dxdiag.txt and hijackthis logs if you can please. Info about those in the Support knowledge base up top ^

Make sure that one of the game files is not already running while you try the manual patch. You may have to restart your system and try again.
  • delicatee
    edited November 2012
    Options
  • ftl
    ftl Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Yeah, I trust PWI, but I don't trust the way the times are moving (not talking about pwi but people and their character in general). I have a completely horrible computer and if it was going to get a virus it would have and if it was the case of a false positive, this is the first I have ever heard from PWI. No matter how many big updates they have had, it has never been like this. This is definitely something new within the code that they wrote and so something I would expect them to fix and not just overlook and let people come up with solutions in a half hazard manner. I trust PWI but I have a hard time trusting people. A trojan is a trojan and any hacker can use it, so even if it is something new to their programming it can be manipulated in the same way if it has the same potentials. I would say, make it safe for the anti-viruses to use. It just isn't smart to have everyone take off their hard hats and gloves and eye ware, just because it is easier to function without them. There is a reason we have security, and if we give those things up because we are lazy or without proper justification, well, one day, we will lose them. Some people have been robbed online. Information theft is a problem and PWI may be very safe to use, but if it sets off a great number of people's security systems, even if it is some fluke of false positives that have never before been seen in the history of PWI, it still throws a potential threat out there that maybe the system can be manipulated in other ways. I don't take chances. I would like some links to sites so I can verify the files through them. Maybe that would be a wise thing for PWI to do, and even all online sites to do with downloads -get them verified through trusted third party sites or at least find a trusted third party site willing to verify them so that problems like this are easily managed. "Hey, if you don't trust the download, at least trust these guys." Idk. I may be over-reacting, or, in an age of strong computer literacy and hacker aptitude, I might just be right on the money.
  • Lx - Dreamweaver
    Lx - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    hi
    i want ask what is different on update Patch 670-676 and Patch 658-676

thank you and sorry if someone ask before me
  • NanaFoxy - Dreamweaver
    NanaFoxy - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    *makes a bow* tyvm :) Now hope it works ^^
  • Alugen - Sanctuary
    Alugen - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Hi there ! I got same problem as your ! When I try to manual patch, a little windows open saying "Files corrupted" (something like that), I clicked on the cross, client closed, I re-opened it... but nothing changed.

But before that, I have another windows that open " Previous update interrupted. Whether to continue ?" but the result is same if I click on "COntinue" or "Restart"... I'm getting kinda annoyed, I uninstalled the game and DL-ed it again, I dont want to do it again... (and yes, theGame version is 670, and yes, I Dl-ed the 670-676 manual patch)
  • augustfinknottle
    augustfinknottle Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Did you download the manual patch or did you let the game update by itself? It happens, sometimes, that manual patches give false positives for whatever reason (probably the fact that they're coded to "change" other programs?). Auto update doesn't seem to have that problem, though.

Another option is changing your antivirus software. Which one are you using right now? AVG? I'm guessing AVG cause it loves to find false positives.
  • delicatee
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Restart your computer.

If it still doesnt work after restart make sure there is no elementclient.exe running in background. (Task Manager - Processes)

Hi there ! I got same problem as your ! When I try to manual patch, a little windows open saying "Files corrupted" (something like that), I clicked on the cross, client closed, I re-opened it... but nothing changed.

But before that, I have another windows that open " Previous update interrupted. Whether to continue ?" but the result is same if I click on "COntinue" or "Restart"... I'm getting kinda annoyed, I uninstalled the game and DL-ed it again, I dont want to do it again... (and yes, theGame version is 670, and yes, I Dl-ed the 670-676 manual patch)
  • Alugen - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Hm okay, I'll try that, thanks for the reply~ :3
  • darthpanda16
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Do not start the game launcher. Exit it out, restart your PC if you need to.

See if this helps:

Go to the folder you saved it to. Right click on it and select Open with. Browse to the game folder and select the PWI launcher file as the one to open .cup patch files with. Select ok.

Double click on the cup file. The launcher may come up and ask you to select auto patch location. You can, but cancel and unselect the check boxes for updating online.

It should start updating from the manual patch.

If you try Manual from the game launcher, it may give you that error.

You can also try the auto patcher, select which way you want to update. It can take 30 mins to 3 hours to complete the auto update.
  • darthpanda16
    edited November 2012
    Options
    False positives can happen after EVERY update, and often do. Some existing files change, and new ones added or replaced. Some security software does not like this.

PWE would not be doing very good business by having tens of millions of players with viruses put on their systems by our games.

Please always make sure you download the game and patches directly from us. Or, when we mirror patches, linked directly by us on the forums.
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Been going for a couple of hours using manual patch. Only at 20%. Each time I check it's still at litmodel____.bmd. From what I can tell it's just going around in circles and repeating the same files over and over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • L_Selene_l - Archosaur
    L_Selene_l - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I have the same problemb:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Took me about 10 minutes. If it's taking longer than an hour then I'd say something is quite wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LordVengence - Archosaur
    LordVengence - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    yeah same problem here it says game version is 670 but pather has been updating for hours and everything is in a dif language :( whats going on?
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Just watched it go from 4000.bmd back to 500... I'll try restarting, then give up. b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LordVengence - Archosaur
    LordVengence - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    yeah same here patcher just seems to be doing nothing, start button is lit up like its ready but it just closes itself and the manual thing come one im no computer genius just want to play a game tht i was on no more than 9 hours ago and now new patch and no game wtf anyone fig out y this is happening yet or what?
  • Alugen - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I followed your instructions : At first, I opened with "launcher", but it didn't work, and then, I tried with "patcher"... It seems to go well, I hope there wont be another problems, thanks for help !
  • delicatee
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Download this: http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual/ec_patch_670-676.cup

When download done, make sure there is no active elementclient.exe process running or just restart computer.

Doubleclick and open it with PerfectWorld Patcher or start Patcher and click on "Manual".

Play game.