Introducing PWI: Sirens of War!

Options

Comments

• Ephemera - Raging Tide
    Ephemera - Raging Tide Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    New expansion is nice, but what were they thinking when they made a trailer that didn't even remotely resemble the game it was advertising? >.>

Honestly, it's like they stole the trailer for another game and slapped the PWI tag on it.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    They've pretty much been doing that for a while now. The trailers have started having less to do with the game and more to do with... making the place look good while having as little in it actually relating to the game (or possible in it, for that matter) as possible.
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    This trailer is here for background story, not for gameplay. So it doesn't matter if it doesn't show any real gameplay or any classes from the game, trailer is here just to cover the story and to try to explain what's happening.
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Am I the only one who yawned with boredom when first finding out about this "expansion"?
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Then, for me will be actual (after end of update) few quests and (may be) update of skills.

May be it will worth to download game and to look on it.

The skill updates for wiz and veno (only 2 I looked into as of now) are pretty awesome, the damage for dots and other spells rarely used will become better, so I think you'll have plenty to enjoy as well :) !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sofy17
    sofy17 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey everyone, the PWI Team is proud to announce the next expansion for PWI, Sirens of War!

Head on over to our teaser site now to see our CG trailer, sign up for a free launch giveaway and sweepstakes, and check out the new screenshots!

Head over to the news post now for more juicy details! And stay tuned for more updates!

Be sure to check out our Facebook page, as well! I'll be leaking screenshots, concept art, and other fun stuff leading up to launch day!

- Val

why is the offer only for USA? it's a world game, it should be able for everyone :S
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    sofy17 wrote: »
    why is the offer only for USA? it's a world game, it should be able for everyone :S

I guess they don't wanna pay for the shipping.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Oishii - Dreamweaver
    Oishii - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Rofl. That sounds like a U.S. company alright.b:laugh
  • sofy17
    edited November 2012
    Options

it sucks, because for example i don't buy anything at the boutique, then i don't have the sets, like dresses and that stuff that i could have sometimes with this type of "presents", and at the game they are really expensive :S well for me they are, where the hell will i get millions? the max i go was like 300k *-* xD
  • MetzliDemon - Harshlands
    MetzliDemon - Harshlands Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

Agree :c
    MetzliDemon - 102 Celestial Demon Assassin f:grin
    AmyDemon - 96 Demon Cleric
    ShekmetDemon - 81 Venomancer
    MictianDemon - 68 Blademaster
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AhrinamDemon - 50 Psychic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
    And there's a 75 Barbarian too! f:cute
  • sofy17
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Agree :c

b:pleased
  • truekossy
    edited November 2012
    Options

Their HQ is in Cali and due to international trading policies, it's easier to just keep items that have to be physically sent to the US instead of dealing with international laws.

I'm sure the EU servers have their own thing for Europe too but I can't be bothered to check.
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I just want new fash.

I will possibly r9 my cleric now cos the armor just look so cuteeeeeeee. tho mystic is my main atm.... im so torn.

what is the expansion gift anyone know?
  • truekossy
    edited November 2012
    Options
    \
    See:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/26006

you can view the pack rewards there
    b:surrender
  • sofy17
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I just want new fash.

I will possibly r9 my cleric now cos the armor just look so cuteeeeeeee. tho mystic is my main atm.... im so torn.

i wish i had lvl 100 chars xD they are soo cool, and the armors... <3 xD
  • Cathulion - Dreamweaver
    Cathulion - Dreamweaver Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

There's other PW versions in Europe, ours is specific to USA as far as what they send us and whatnot.
  • sofy17
    edited November 2012
    Options
    There's other PW versions in Europe, ours is specific to USA as far as what they send us and whatnot.

where do i find Europe's versions? *-*
  • Cathulion - Dreamweaver
    Cathulion - Dreamweaver Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Games-Masters Ltd.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_World
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    German: http://pwi.de.perfectworld.eu/
    French: http://pwi.fr.perfectworld.eu/

You can use same client as for this version, you just need to choose another server in the login screen.
    That company is no longer publisher for PWI in Europe. Perfect World Europe B.V. is company that is publishing PWI in Europe. Basically same company as Perfect World Entertainment Inc.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    blacks wrote: »
    wtf is RYT NAO! *THROS ..stop trying to be cute by spelling like an idiot

LOL

I havent watched the trailer, maybe it was taken from Ar.ch.a.ge by the description????

Sorta maybe glad I kept my veno active - very interested to see the new skills. Hopefully this expansion will bring in new players.

Hope the battles are designed in such a way that non R9 can also play a useful role somehow.

EDIT - I just watched the trailer, and I've definately seen it months ago but I dont remember where. I dont remember it being a pwi trailer but it must have been. Very perplexed now. Maybe when the expansion was first discussed the trailer was available via wanmei or something......
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The skill updates for wiz and veno (only 2 I looked into as of now) are pretty awesome, the damage for dots and other spells rarely used will become better, so I think you'll have plenty to enjoy as well :) !

Good, I will try them and will level DoTs from 1 to 10 if it will be useful. But Dots have bad property: they can't stack for mobs or bosses although mobs and bosses can cast stacked DoTs on characters.
  • Facticious - Sanctuary
    Facticious - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Is there any way to change the character I picked to receive the gifts? Or do I have to get one of those weeally weally weeeeally expensive Account Stash stones? D:
  • dreamsneverfade
    dreamsneverfade Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Good news im getting a job **** my banned account im going to buy my way to the tops :Db:victory
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Good news im getting a job **** my banned account im going to buy my way to the tops :Db:victory

>b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    So PWI completely bailed on inter-server Wars and it's now single server-wide.

Plus, since the side your squad is allotted is random (or more so to make all sides balanced) you'll quite likely be fighting faction mates with enemy factions as your allies.

GG PWI, was it really that hard to just set up our servers for inter-server wars instead?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

what do you mean "Its a world game"? Because it has international in the title, that means it must accomidate all the countries on earth? Its just a name, its not an international treaty.

the world series only has 2 countries represented. (U.S. and Canada)
    the international house of pancakes only serves two countries (U.S. and mexico)

to be international, you really only need to cover two countries. Its more likely that they call it Perfect World International because PWI is owned by the same company that owns PWCN, it is not merely licensed to another publisher, thereby making perfect world (Owned by Wanmei) international by virtue of publishing their game in the US.

Its not "perfect world trans-global" so come off it.

Inter = Between
    National = Nation

to be international you just need to be between two nations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    So PWI completely bailed on inter-server Wars and it's now single server-wide.

Plus, since the side your squad is allotted is random (or more so to make all sides balanced) you'll quite likely be fighting faction mates with enemy factions as your allies.

GG PWI, was it really that hard to just set up our servers for inter-server wars instead?

Oh jeesh, you just made me panic thinking I misread everything I read on pwcn's website.

I guess if what pwe is saying is right, and if google translate is right...

Our version is getting gimped.
    Unless pwe is intentionally holding information about the svs portion from us, I guess we may not be getting it.

I reread all the bits about svs on pwcn and apparently nation wars is a two segment thing that involves a battle that is server wide, and then battles that are server vs server.
    The rise of the new piece of information "dynasty" perfect traditional athletic play and then upgrade to the fresh gameplay is more exciting than the city war - fighting the country, is about to meet in September, with the majority of players. Country battle is divided into two phases, the single-server country war and inter-service fighting the country, when the players can be the first single-service military training in the server, advance familiar with the rhythm of the battlefield and the environment.
    Time war in the country, the players as long as the the country battle Administrator "warlord" dialogue to participating countries to war, and then pass in the corresponding region. City war, any players are then assigned to a country and pass the appropriate preparation area, there is no gang divided Union divided the players will face a unknown war, but if you want to with your friends fought together, you can welcome to apply, the national war supports both single-person registration is also welcome to apply for the support, I believe that the setting makes this competitive humane and random coexist more exciting. (Note: the inter-service war in the country, a server players belonging to the same country.)
    The cross-service camp States warfare is the core content of the information on the film and play the system to break the traditional gang warfare in the game, the national war games are played. Before the start of battle, the server players disorderly break up, the players will not gang broken up, the concept of the camp and into the server units, cross-service camp States War Among the new server. Cross-service camp war in the country, with the serving player can own team, with the other three groups of servers players scramble for resources. States war of the inter-service camp is a separate battlefield map, the map contains dozens of small map resources, different maps will have a different fighting games are played to win and occupation they will get the final victory.
    The perfect international "brand new piece of information" Dynasty rise "will be held on September 6 beta, people fighting the country will also be opened. The new cross-service camp country battle system has a variety of combat play a tactical strategy contest, players will face unfamiliar opponents from different servers compete upgrade the the nine military 16 products weapon Monkey King was. The cross-service camp the country fighting games are played today Secret comprehensive, we walked together into the smoke million battlefield.

Straight from the google translate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Oh jeesh, you just made me panic thinking I misread everything I read on pwcn's website.

I guess if what pwe is saying is right, and if google translate is right...

Our version is getting gimped.
    Unless pwe is intentionally holding information about the svs portion from us, I guess we may not be getting it.

I reread all the bits about svs on pwcn and apparently nation wars is a two segment thing that involves a battle that is server wide, and then battles that are server vs server.

Straight from the google translate.

I hope to God you're right that there will be a second part that's cross-server. But considering PWI wouldn't even do cross-server battles when they were doing the PW World Champ or whatever thing (which is why each server had to kill Harpy Wraith instead of fighting), I'm getting the feeling that PWI is just too lazy to allow cross-server events.

Edit: Also, I would think if PWI was making cross-server, something they've never done before, they'd play it up so much there would be no doubt.

Edit 2: Fixed terminology
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    disregard this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Er, it would be cross-server.
    Inter-server is within one server.
    The inter-service parts refer to within the server.

Er, excuse my terminology :x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]